As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2016: You'll go down in history...

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    @Radiation It were in fact me!
    New York 1901 is a really neat one my wife and I both enjoy. You get to build tetromino shaped buildings onto different NY streets to build up the city (and your points).

Risky Adventures looks like a fun family game, let us know how it is!

Vikings on Board is pretty simple (and popular) right now. I just got a copy as well that we'll hopefully be trying soon (another super simple one, and Rodney at Watch It Played will show you how to play!).

Oh yeah, and Castle Panic! That one is a really fun co-op, my wife really likes it. If you enjoy it, the Wizard's Tower expansion is really neat and adds to the difficulty.

Merry Christmas!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    So I'm like the biggest procrastinator EVER! My package was mailed out on Wednesday and my giftee will have it by Saturday. Hope you enjoy

• Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    I'm not sure what the other stuff I'm getting from @initiatefailure will be but I'll make my gift get post now with the two things I already have.

First, he got me a $20 credit to the eshop which I used for Child of Light. Then a couple days later, this arrived.
    ody-c_ss_2016_zpsn4f9dg0l.jpg.

Going to read it today but it certainly looks super trippy. Thanks for everything and I can't wait to see what else is coming!

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    So I think I received a second gift. I was leaving for work this morning when I noticed an Amazon package on my porch. I opened it to find some wrapped gifts, but I didn't have time to open them this morning. I'll check them out tonight when I get home! Maybe this is why my Santa was still quiet when I received my already awesome gift of WoW plushies. Or maybe my wife has a secret admirer and they're for her? Who knows! We'll find out tonight. Stay tuned!

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

I have gotten gifted! Lets have a look at this container of wonders, shall we?

First, my roommates cat has to have a go at the crate, to make sure it's impact resistant, and safe to open.
    tg5oted.jpg?1

On opening the box, i see there are several wrapped items. one is suspicously shaped like a copy of CaH or Joking hazard...
    vKQ9zP8.jpg

Lets dig into these! The first one I opened contained Barba Rossa! I'm not familiar with the game, but it looks to be a starter pack. I have something to play with my buds on Friday game nights!
    TU1muiA.jpg

A smaller item once taped to it reveals a booster for the game! now i'll have improved munitions to deal with opponents!

Austin Powers looks on with a mix of approval and jealousy.
    gjabJtg.jpg

A tiny package that looked to be once taped to the largest item. I'll have a look at that one next...
    yshsQmx.jpg
    7HKQAQv.jpg

A nuka cola patch! Now I too can wander the wastes, proclaming my brand loyalty. Keep your caps, raiders. This one is MINE.

The final, and largest package contained:
    0RAamEw.jpg

A Vault 111 shirt! I can widely proclaim my survival of the wastes! Not to mention my smashing fashion stylings.

All together now, Group photo!!
    7jFYscJ.jpg

Thank you Mysterious Secret Santa! It;s a great set of gifts you've given.

Merry Christmas, and happy new year!

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I thought Santa got you a Vault 111 jumpsuit.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif
    @minirhyder

Last gift received!

la795cvj3v55.jpg

Thanks for everything! The caramels are delicious.

I also love the shirt, and we are already burning the candle.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    Dear Santa,

I'm still 700 miles away from home, but I have an unexpected Amazon package waiting for me. If that happens to be from you, rest assured it's safe and sound in the house and I'll try and break into it tomorrow when I get back. If it's not from you, then wait 48 hours and call the police if I haven't reported back.

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    thejaxxthejaxx Expo Zone Leader Tukwila, WaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Wow... Nice Xmas for many!!!

thejaxx on
  • Options
    MeglishMeglish SeattleRegistered User regular
    Mighty wrote: »
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

First, my roommates cat has to have a go at the crate, to make sure it's impact resistant, and safe to open.
    tg5oted.jpg?1

On opening the box, i see there are several wrapped items. one is suspicously shaped like a copy of CaH or Joking hazard...
    vKQ9zP8.jpg

Lets dig into these! The first one I opened contained Barba Rossa! I'm not familiar with the game, but it looks to be a starter pack. I have something to play with my buds on Friday game nights!
    TU1muiA.jpg

A smaller item once taped to it reveals a booster for the game! now i'll have improved munitions to deal with opponents!

gjabJtg.jpg

A tiny package that looked to be once taped to the largest item. I'll have a look at that one next...
    yshsQmx.jpg
    7HKQAQv.jpg

A nuka cola patch! Now I too can wander the wastes, proclaming my brand loyalty. Keep your caps, raiders. This one is MINE.

0RAamEw.jpg

A Vault 111 shirt! I can widely proclaim my survival of the wastes! Not to mention my smashing fashion stylings.

7jFYscJ.jpg

Merry Christmas :) Sorry for the delay but I hope you enjoy your gifts!

meh.

3DS: 0946-3133-4129
    XBox: Jaydyn
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

TU1muiA.jpg

I was a KS backer of BR, so if you'd like some info: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1662858658/barbarossa-anime-card-game-from-japan

And nope, I'm not yet Santa! :-)

thejaxx on
  • Options
    MeglishMeglish SeattleRegistered User regular
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

I apologize it took me a few days to post (loooooong week!) ;) Sorry the pics are sort of ginormous!

First up is the obligatory pic with my corgi, Moony. He was exhausted by this point so he opted not to help me open my presents
    IMG_8896.jpg]

What do we have here?
    IMG_8898.jpg]

Mickey!
    IMG_8900.jpg]

And what goes better with Mickey? Minnie of course :)
    IMG_8904.jpg]

And like you said, what's Christmas without socks?
    IMG_8910.jpg]

Thanks for the fun Disney gifts! They shall keep my tootsies and my heart warm. :biggrin: Happy Christmas and Happy New Year!

meh.

3DS: 0946-3133-4129
    XBox: Jaydyn
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    I seemed to have one more gift!

I already opened it a week or so back and had NO idea it was a gift. No idea where it came from until Cameron_Talley told me it was from him!
    0makbetewavq.jpg

Once he pointed me in the direction of being from the OLD Marine Corp of around the Spanish American War, I had a direction to go to research ! I will post an update when I find some.

Thanks, as I said in our messages, this is awesome!

*Edit*

Some quick research taught me it's a gunners rate patch from that time period for the Hotchkiss rapid-fire gun, which would of fired an approximately 37mm sized round. These can be ship or land mounted, and looked something like this:
    cu3nxj1cl2qv.jpg

thejaxx on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif
    @minirhyder

Last gift received!

la795cvj3v55.jpg

Thanks for everything! The caramels are delicious.

I also love the shirt, and we are already burning the candle.

I have a great desire to know where that shirt came from.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    llPfKkx.gif

A second gift arrived for me unexpectedly! On top of the my awesome WoW plushies I also got...
    fkFmW6F.jpg
    An interesting looking book, cookies, a steam link, and a steam controller! Woah!!! Thank you Santa! The first gift was more than enough, but this is awesome too! Looking forward to playing some steam games on my tv! Thank you so much! Sorry for the lack of pictures. They came awesomely wrapped, but my son and daughter got a hold of them before I could.

anoffday on
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    I've been really curious about the steam link and controller, but I'm not sure how well I'd put it to use since it would all be wifi (but also all solo games).
    We got them both for my brother-in-law last year and he said he pretty much only plays games on his link now.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Yeah, the reason I haven't bought myself one is I really want to spend some time with one to determine how it works and feels, but I don't know anyone with one.

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    @minirhyder

FYI - We got to play MvM for the first time last night. My wife, two of our friends and myself got to go through the tutorial and beat the first dossier last night. It was REALLY fun. We are taking on mission 2 hopefully next friday.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Meglish wrote: »
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

tg5oted.jpg?1

vKQ9zP8.jpg

TU1muiA.jpg

gjabJtg.jpg

yshsQmx.jpg
    7HKQAQv.jpg

0RAamEw.jpg

7jFYscJ.jpg

Merry Christmas :) Sorry for the delay but I hope you enjoy your gifts!

Thank you very much Meglish!

The shirt fits me well, and I look forward to trying this game.

Happy new year and merry Christmas!

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Santee! Your gifts are in your mailbox (according to Amazon)! Plus, there is one more little thing still on its way!

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    official GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif post
    Sorry for the delay santa @Frem

thank you so much for the previously thanked FFXV, and thank you for
    q3eiTNPm.jpg
    I can't wait to play it with my older son. (once i can find a way to explain that its OK for dad to accept gifts from "strangers" on the internet, but he can't)

merry merry, happy happy.
    G&T santa thread is the best santa thread!

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    My santa has struck a third time! I just received captain forever remix and Ori and the blind forest on steam! I've had my eye on Ori for a long time. Excited to finally play this one and to check the other one out too! Thank you @Madpoet! I'm blown away by your generosity. Thank you again for everything and happy new year!

anoffday on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Maguano wrote: »

q3eiTNPm.jpg
    I can't wait to play it with my older son. (once i can find a way to explain that its OK for dad to accept gifts from "strangers" on the internet, but he can't)

You're accepting a gift from a "stranger" that is part of the same online community as you that has a reputation for trustworthiness and is overseen, ultimately, by community staff.

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular

q3eiTNPm.jpg

Quantum is so great!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular

q3eiTNPm.jpg

You're welcome! Enjoy!

• Options
    Meglish wrote: »
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

I apologize it took me a few days to post (loooooong week!) ;) Sorry the pics are sort of ginormous!

First up is the obligatory pic with my corgi, Moony. He was exhausted by this point so he opted not to help me open my presents
    IMG_8896.jpg]

What do we have here?
    IMG_8898.jpg]

Mickey!
    IMG_8900.jpg]

And what goes better with Mickey? Minnie of course :)
    IMG_8904.jpg]

And like you said, what's Christmas without socks?
    IMG_8910.jpg]

Thanks for the fun Disney gifts! They shall keep my tootsies and my heart warm. :biggrin: Happy Christmas and Happy New Year!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Glad you enjoy the gifts. I wasn't sure if you were into the pop figures, but either way being a Disney fan I thought you'd like them.

• Options
    I have several boxes that have shown up over the past few days...will be opening them in the morning. So excited!

• Options
    AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    I'm back from a Christmas with family so I can reveal the final item from my Santa:

An awesome collection of books!
    Il4XYXn.jpg

Thanks again to @Stabbity Style.

"Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Anarchy wrote: »
    I'm back from a Christmas with family so I can reveal the final item from my Santa:

An awesome collection of books!
    Il4XYXn.jpg

Thanks again to @Stabbity Style.

Oh man, thank god it actually made it. I was convinced it got lost in the mail or something. Was gonna contact them next week >.< Hope you like them! Thought they looked rad, especially the Field Guide to Kanto.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

I returned home after a 12 hour drive to find PILES of packages waiting for me. After my wife sorted out hers, one stood out:

Zoey investigates to determine if it's edible..
    8Nk2zi3.jpg

After being tested and passing, I cracked open the box. It suggested I not use a blade, but it was wrapped in about 500 miles of packing tape, so I was forced to proceed. What did I find but a TON more boxes! *SQEEE*
    1mkeEru.jpg

hYdhrva.jpg

With no note to provide guidance, I picked one at random and opened it.
    Inside, I found a recipe book for cooking pretty much EVERYTHING in a waffle maker! Unfortunately, my waffle maker is current DOA.
    [img][/img]bvxkZVA.jpg

I then proceeded to the next package within reach.
    OMG. This shirt is AWESOME! I'm an off-road enthusiast (XJ4LYFE) so this shirt is SO Perfect. In case anyone is confused, that's the Jeep logo flipped upside down so it reads Beer. I can attest to the fact that beer often results in upside down jeeps. :)
    KFKHtfW.jpg

On to the next!
    Whoa! A big old can of Canadian Maple Syrup! I LOVE real maple syrup but I've never had it from our northern neighbors. Too bad I can't make waffles to eat it with...
    UovPnZh.jpg

And last, but certainly not least...
    Some of you MAY have seen this coming, but certainly not at this level! A Full on restaurant style waffle maker with ceramic non-stick surface! It's the Porsche of waffle-makers! I cannot wait to start cooking EVERYTHING I FIND IN IT!
    yUFctDn.jpg

And here's the entire haul! I cannot express how awesome this is and how much my wife is going to hate me for the next few weeks while I force her to try item after item from the waffle maker. I guess I'll make some regular waffles, first, just to break it in, though. :) Santa, I still don't know who you are, so jump in here and take a bow!
    0o5UwVK.jpg

Kendrik on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Hmm, I have also received syrup in the past. It may be a clue to who your Santa could be.

Edit: Though @Shadowfire sent me Vermont, not Canadian.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    p.s. I am an occasional syrup-sender and it's not me.

What's the name of that waffle cookbook? I might be interested in picking it up for myself. ;) Edit, wait, just saw it in the final photo.

SwashbucklerXX on
    Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I've been really curious about the steam link and controller, but I'm not sure how well I'd put it to use since it would all be wifi (but also all solo games).
    We got them both for my brother-in-law last year and he said he pretty much only plays games on his link now.

The only reason I haven't gotten a Link yet, is because I'm waiting for the 4K edition to come out.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    p.s. I am an occasional syrup-sender and it's not me.

What's the name of that waffle cookbook? I might be interested in picking it up for myself. ;) Edit, wait, just saw it in the final photo.

I updated the link to the correct photo showing the cookbook, though you already found it. I've read it cover to cover already and it seems amazing.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    After many delays I was able to open my gift!!! The box was heavy so I wasn't sure what to expected. So diving in I was super excited to not only find one book...
    hs76dlwijrir.jpeg

I found two!
    xupyxbpp2ys2.jpeg

I was so looking at getting the RO art book, even had it in my cart, glad I waited...and the golden book instantly brought me back to when I first learned to read as a kid, those were always my favorite. Thank you @vegeta_666!!!!

• Options
    @Kendrik I'm happy you liked the gifts...I went out on a limb with the waffle iron, as you said you love to cook and who doesn't like waffles?!?

• Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    Dear Santee,

We talked on Christmas, but don't forget to post your spoils here! I think everyone is interested in seeing another GIFT GET post, even if we're past the season.

PS: Oh god I hope the chocolate is still edible

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Glad you liked them @ClannMorgan! There should have been another package that arrived too that was a bit more puzzling. Plus, there is still one small thing on the way!

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

December was a month of much procrastination on my part but finally I opened my gift.
    Clubs2016_zpsujwtdhes.jpg

@Radiation , you have no idea how long I've been jonesing for a nice bit of nonfiction to sink my teeth into. I'm a sucker for behind-the-scenes view on history and The Presidents Club looks like just the book to tide me over during these cold winter months. Thank you very much, you are one awesome Santa!