As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Android: Netrunner and Project Nisei

• Options
    grungeboxgrungebox Registered User regular
    There are lots of ways to exploit Moons, but it's also more vulnerable to reasonable hate cards (Hacktivist, Slums, Rumor Mill, Maw...hey all red cards!). Plop is good to kill Jeeves. Rumor Mill+Clot lock does a lot of work. It's extremely strong, but it's not stupid like Hot Tubs or something imo

Quail is just hipster chicken
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Earth's Scion UFAQ's up.

I... admitting didn't think about that for Audacity, where it counts itself for the "three cards minimum in HQ" requirement.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    Friends probably should have been ice only at 1 inf, so it's a tech card against ice destruction and support for trap ice.

I don't think recursion is necessarily bad design, but recursion chains and loops definitely are. If A can get B, B should not be able to get A ala Clone sufferage/friends.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Ice and Upgrades, I always thought, would be the better thing for Friends. Allows for some fun upgrade recursion too.

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Made it through day 1 of the SoCal regionals! Finished in 6th place after a bye, a split with Timmy Wong, utterly crushing a kid from central CA, and ID-ing with Noah McKee. Top cut starts tomorrow, 1PM PST.

Jon Dalesandry and another LA guy are on CI, with the stupid MCA/Troubleshooter combo (which is still legal for THIS tournament only, since the errata doesn't go into effect until June) and Scorched Earths. Both undefeated with it so far. Really wishing I hadn't taken out the Strikes for Rumor Mill right now (and included Queens Gambits instead of Day Jobs), but there are 4 other EtF players besides me in the cut and they're all on Moon variations.

• Options
    Oh wow, so apparently Chicago regionals was won by Sol-Scarcity/Smoke.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Smoke!!!! yessss

there's some really cool decks popping up atm. I just saw Dien's skorpy deck which is wild

• Options
    You know, I kinda want to play in a Cache Refresh event post-rotation. Since data pack-wise it'd only be Red Sands and the next cycle, and that seems like it'd be a interesting format.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Holy crap I just won the Southern California Regionals! Had to beat Noah twice in the finals.

• Options
    Holy crap I just won the Southern California Regionals! Had to beat Noah twice in the finals.

I saw you made the cut before I went to be last night and I was hoping I'd wake up to hearing you went real well

real well indeed!!!

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    decklists!

• Options
    wow, foodcoats without Eve Campaign?

what a strange time to be alive

• Options
    Marilyn is almost better than Eve Campaign anyway. Feels better to rez if you don't have a free Breaker Bay, pays out quicker, and shuffles as needed. Might not be entirely right, but it worked.

• Options
    Yeah frankly I think Marilyn is a better card than eve when asset spam is heavily in the meta.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Okay.. I had my first urge to build a deck around a card/interaction in a LONG time. Like.. I saw the card and immediately went "I want to do something with this."

It isn't legal yet.. I believe I have 5 too many cards. But.. I would love thoughts.
    Titanic Advance

Titan Transnational: Investing In Your Future

Agenda (9)
    1x Government Takeover
    3x Hostile Takeover
    1x Oaktown Renovation
    3x Project Atlas
    1x Utopia Fragment

Asset (12)
    1x Cerebral Overwriter ●●
    2x GRNDL Refinery
    3x Jackson Howard ●●●
    2x Melange Mining Corp.
    2x Project Junebug ●●
    2x Space Camp

Upgrade (2)
    2x Satellite Grid

Operation (15)
    3x Beanstalk Royalties
    3x Hedge Fund
    2x Mushin No Shin ●●●●
    2x Red Planet Couriers
    3x Shipment from Kaguya
    2x Trick of Light ●●●●● ●

Barrier (7)
    2x Fire Wall
    2x Hadrian's Wall
    3x Ice Wall

Code Gate (5)
    2x Builder
    2x Hortum
    1x Mausolus

Sentry (4)
    2x Archer
    2x Shadow

Multi (1)
    1x Orion

17 influence spent (max 17, available 0)
    20 agenda points (between 24 and 25)
    55 cards (min 45)
    Cards up to Terminal Directive

Deck built on https://netrunnerdb.com.

The idea is that I want as many places as possible to advance cards, basically creating as strong an advance engine as I can. My initial thought was to dump them all into Government Takeover, using other cards to bluff and protect it for a turn, then dropping the bomb, as it were. Naturally, that is a BIG risk... to the point where I'm debating going for some 5/3s instead. Originally I had a bunch of 3/1s but I realized I wouldn't be fueling Archer shenanigans like I had in the past.

This is also the friendliest deck I've run in a while. My favorite decks for Weyland threaten the meat damage kill, but didn't actually do it -- in fact, I used to not run any Scorched at all! So returning to that playstyle will be interesting.

I'm hoping to give this a shot tonight. It needs a LOT of refinement. But.. I dunno, I think I have something here that fits my playstyle.

Edit: Early suggestions from my friend GrimWalker:

Drop Shadow, Builder, Satellite Grid (Not so sure about Satellite Grid)

Replace Melange with IPO
    Find a place for Bryan Stinson

Basically makes it into a never-advance deck.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    You might also want to look into Dedication Ceremony, it's quite good at getting advancement counters on things. You can even turn a Junebug into a RPC battery just by rezzing it if they don't take the bait, then Dedicating it.

Also, Colossus is probably better than Archer here.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Wow.. just.. wow.

I haven't felt like that playing Netrunner in years. Bringing my own deck, with my own strategy, built to a playstyle I like.. holy hell did I feel calm and confident through the whole game.

Now granted, I was playing against a newer player who hadn't seen most of the cards I played.. but.. still! He was playing Pad Kate.

2 Mushin no Shins were used - the first was on an Atlas that I then overscored to get 4 agenda counters on. The second was on a GRNDL Refinery which got me 20 credits.

Now.. those 20 credits mostly went to naked rezzing an Orion to protect my Utopia shard.. an Orion he got through, then got stopped at the door by an Archer.. but still.

Then I just installed-advance-advance Oaktown, and he didn't have the 4 credits to steal it. Pretty much game at that point.

He also hit a single-advanced Junebug and Cerebral Overwriter at various points.

Man. So much fun.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Just a thought, but if you're rolling a Gov't Takeover, maybe it wouldn't hurt to keep a Punitive around just in case RNG happens and it gets stolen first?

EDIT: I've kinda got a stupid idea involving splashing Clone Suffrage Movement to constantly recur stuff like Dedication Ceremony to keep throwing out the counters onto ICE.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Just a thought, but if you're rolling a Gov't Takeover, maybe it wouldn't hurt to keep a Punitive around just in case RNG happens and it gets stolen first?

EDIT: I've kinda got a stupid idea involving splashing Clone Suffrage Movement to constantly recur stuff like Dedication Ceremony to keep throwing out the counters onto ICE.

I'm always open for options. :) But a LOT of influence is tied up in Trick of Light.

Then again, I didn't use any of them with the final build I ran with.. but the game did end quickly.

• Options
    EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    Can't decide between Moons (don't think I've practiced enough to win through all the hate), SYNC (polarised matchups) or Palana (know it inside out but have been losing more than I win this week) for Euros.

Help!

• Options
    CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    I think Moon is really strong but you need to be able to play against hate, as it will be there. If you can practice a bit more I'd consider this (especially Chris's version)

SYNC as you say has polarised matches but its weakest vs shaper and there isn't much of that around. I'd definitely consider this.

Palana is strange, it could be a good meta call but I remain unconvinced. People will have upgrade hate because of moon. If it's not been doing well I'd move to whichever other deck you feel comfortable with.

• Options
    If it helps, Nels from Terminal7 got second at their Regionals running Palana. Dunno if you saw the deck, but here iis is.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    Cerberus wrote: »
    I think Moon is really strong but you need to be able to play against hate, as it will be there. If you can practice a bit more I'd consider this (especially Chris's version)

SYNC as you say has polarised matches but its weakest vs shaper and there isn't much of that around. I'd definitely consider this.

Palana is strange, it could be a good meta call but I remain unconvinced. People will have upgrade hate because of moon. If it's not been doing well I'd move to whichever other deck you feel comfortable with.

Palana might do well even with upgrade hate if people are over optimising their icebreakers for Moon/SYNC and you might get some wins there. Moon has made every runner need to go fast - and that's undercutting one of Palana's strengths as well.

• Options
    EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    I have a soft spot in my heart for the restructured datapool and Stinson Sync deck. When it works it is amazing!

I need to start playing some more netrunner to get ready for my July regional. I am pretty sure I will be taking Sync or maybe Sol. The runner side I am completely undecided at, but I want to try out that DLR Steve deck.

• Options
    I think there's probably room for a fast-advance yellow deck too, either out of SYNC or NEH (or maybe even Sol, but that's pushing it). There's not a lot of Clot in the meta now, though a SanSan City Grid is unlikely to survive, rezzed, for more than a turn against a lot of players. Fast-advance HB is also possible, but there still seems to be a decent amount of Whizzard with Slums around, and too much of HBFA relies on assets.

• Options
    EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    I think there's probably room for a fast-advance yellow deck too, either out of SYNC or NEH (or maybe even Sol, but that's pushing it). There's not a lot of Clot in the meta now, though a SanSan City Grid is unlikely to survive, rezzed, for more than a turn against a lot of players. Fast-advance HB is also possible, but there still seems to be a decent amount of Whizzard with Slums around, and too much of HBFA relies on assets.

That is why my thoughts behind trying out the Sol deck (https://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/43065/praise-the-sun-chicago-regionals-winner-) Thought maybe it is better in Sync if you switch up some cards and pack HHN.

• Options
    Ugh, I havn't even started thinking about what I'm going to do for my late July Regionals. Probably will roll some sort of jank. I mean, Meteor Mining IS coming in the next pack after Earth's.... gotta ROCK a runner sometime...

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    Went 5-5 on day one of Euros, so not even progressing to day two. Slightly disappointed but not very surprised, as I wasn't at all settled with my decks and that's what happens.

I had a couple of corp games where SYNC vomited agendas where I felt quite hard done by, but two of the runner games I dropped I was just totally outplayed and the other I threw away, so overall there's only myself to blame.

Two or three Regionals in a row now, and I have no clue what to play. Let's see what does well for the rest of Euros.

• Options
    Epimer wrote: »
    Went 5-5 on day one of Euros, so not even progressing to day two. Slightly disappointed but not very surprised, as I wasn't at all settled with my decks and that's what happens.

I had a couple of corp games where SYNC vomited agendas where I felt quite hard done by, but two of the runner games I dropped I was just totally outplayed and the other I threw away, so overall there's only myself to blame.

Two or three Regionals in a row now, and I have no clue what to play. Let's see what does well for the rest of Euros.

Rumor Mill Whizz and Moon from the looks of it so far!

• Options
    @cerberus heard you made the cut dude, nice work! good luck tomorrow!

• Options
    Made the cut at 3 worlds and now euros. Nothing but consistent!

• Options
    Made the cut at Nationals!

• Options
    Do it.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Made the cut at 3 worlds and now euros. Nothing but consistent!
    Made the cut at Nationals!

Duck yeah (I know)

What are you playing? Hope you are representing with the 'right whizzard'

• Options
    the competition at us nats is pretty tough (including @tzeentchling ), should be a really exciting top 16 tomorrow

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »
    the competition at us nats is pretty tough (including @tzeentchling ), should be a really exciting top 16 tomorrow

I don't disagree with this at all... but Euros dude, have you seen the top 16? It's brutal!

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Looks like the faction mix at US Nats is a bit more interesting as well. I mean, there's four Weyland in the T16, and they're all high up. And it's not just a Anarch block, it's like more than half Shaper too.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    I'm on same stuff I was at regionals - siphon whizz and foodcoats.

There's a bunch of shaper here, mostly Ayla and Haley, but some Smoke too. Timmy is on Blue Sun Off the Grid, Cory P (podoboyz) is on Scorpios, and my first opponent today is apparently on Jemison.

• Options
    Made top 8 at European championships. Beating Chris Dyer and Kenny Deakins on the way. Pretty pleased, and finishing higher than both world champs is always good.