As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Android: Netrunner and Project Nisei

1717273747577»

• Options
    bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Announced during Worlds was the plans for Standard rotation going forward:

https://nullsignal.games/blog/liberation-part-2-upcoming-products-and-rotation/

Set 2 of Liberation Cycle will drop around the end of Q1 2024, no rotation there.

The new Foundational set, code-naned "Dawn" right now, will drop second half of 2024, and will rotate the remainder of FFG sets (Red Sands, R&R, Kitara, MO)... *and* SU2021, taking it's place. The idea is to make it easier for people to actually get into Standard, since trying to get new players the FFG cards has always been tricky, and having players being split between only having NSG cards and the full FFG pool wasn't optimal.

Hearing Liberation 2 is April at the earliest makes me sad. It'll be real interesting to see the SU replacement cards if they're new designs and not just renamed.

akirasig.jpg
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited January 10
    Oh crap, right, I completely forgot about this due to the Holiday Hangout.

A new temporary format called Sunset got announced, as a way to shake things up and test things out before Dawn comes. Will basically be around until Liberation Part 2 hits.

Uses Standard's ban list, with some additional additions. Talks about reasoning in the article itself.

Corp:
    -Attitude Adjustment
    -Bellona
    -Drudge Work
    -Rashida Jaheem
    -NBN: Reality Plus
    -NGO Front

Runner:
    -Boomerang
    -Cleaver
    -Daily Casts
    -Dirty Laundry
    -Paladin Poemu
    -Self-Modifying Code
    -Tsakhia “Bankhar” Gantulga

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    CaptainPeacockCaptainPeacock Board Game Hoarder Top o' the LakeRegistered User regular
    Not a huge fan of the format because while it takes out key cards that are going to rotate out, it does so without adding anything.

Cluck cluck, gibber gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    It is mostly an exercise and format shakeup, and it's curious to see what decks rise and fall based on it. Standard has been standard for several months and it's fun to see how things differ.

• Options
    For those waiting on it: Ashes Remastered Edition is dropping February 12'th.

(Has the updated card backs, as well as any rules or errata for said cards, like the core damage change, Chisel will have Trojan, etc.)

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 8
    It’s almost time… for scoops…

Rebellion Without Rehearsal, the second half of the Liberation Cycle, is coming. Spoilers start in March… and in the article.

https://nullsignal.games/blog/announcing-rebellion-without-rehearsal/

Also a new bit of fiction, An Eye for Talent.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I have a ton of netrunner cards before the game was canceled or whatever happened to the game. Is any of that still useful in the netrunner that exists now?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Stragint wrote: »
    I have a ton of netrunner cards before the game was canceled or whatever happened to the game. Is any of that still useful in the netrunner that exists now?

Some of them will be, yes! They reprinted many of them in System Update, False Lead and Daily Casts in Ashes, and Hedge Fund/Sure Gamble in System Gateway.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited February 17
    I have a ton of netrunner cards

Some of them will be, yes! They reprinted many of them in System Update, False Lead and Daily Casts in Ashes, and Hedge Fund/Sure Gamble in System Gateway.

So the link has the list of cards that are currently playable? It is gonna take me a while to sift through all these cards.

Is the game expensive to get back into?

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    I have a ton of netrunner cards

So the link has the list of cards that are currently playable? It is gonna take me a while to sift through all these cards.
    As of August 11, 2023, when The Automata Initiative becomes legal for competitive-tier events, the following sets are legal in Standard:

Red Sand Cycle
    Kitara Cycle
    Reign and Reverie

These would be all from Fantasy Flight Games that's currently usable in "Standard" by the community extension. Everything you have is technically still usable in "eternal" formats though. (also let me know what card sets you have, you can sort by symbol then set no.)

akirasig.jpg
  • Options
    Generally yes, you can look and see what's legal on NetrunnerDB. "Standard" legal is all Null Signal Games cards, plus the three above that bobAkirafett listed, though there is a ban list of some cards. "Startup" legal is System Update, System Gateway, and the latest full-set release (currently Midnight Sun, Parhelion, and Automata Initiative), with a very small banlist of 2 cards. There is also an "Eternal" format which allows cards from any set ever printed, FFG or NSG, again with some banned cards and decklist building constraints for competitive play.

This link here shows which packs of cards are supported in which format and which cards are banned in competitive play.

• Options
    https://peoplemaking.games/@NullSignalGames/112013956995674323

Scoops begin March 8'th, Rebellion Without Rehearsal drops March 18'th.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    First three are up.

https://nullsignal.games/blog/hearts-and-minds-scenes-from-a-rebellion-without-rehearsal/

Weyland Identity, Asset, and Operation.

Dunno what to think about the Identity. Unless my search-fu on netrunnerdb is flawed (and it's possible), it doesn't appear that expendable cards exist yet, so the value of the Identity will depend on what cards are in this set.

The Asset and Operation both seem like they'll have use, but I don't have enough experience to know how they stack up against existing cards doing similar effects.

• Options
    MorganV wrote: »
    Dunno what to think about the Identity. Unless my search-fu on netrunnerdb is flawed (and it's possible), it doesn't appear that expendable cards exist yet, so the value of the Identity will depend on what cards are in this set.

There's a couple: Slash and Burn Agriculture, Tree Line, and Angelique Garza Correa .

I'm not sure on it, but I *think* the R&D Peek & Mill works on *any* operation by how it's worded? Could be worth it just for that. Sort of like a Corp Maxx, except you're getting credits instead of draw.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    CaptainPeacockCaptainPeacock Board Game Hoarder Top o' the LakeRegistered User regular
    There's also something going on in the Green Level Clearance discord for a fourth spoiler, but I don't have time to decipher it yet.

• Options
    https://nullsignal.games/blog/get-organized-anarchs-in-the-liberation-cycle/

Three more, Anarch Identity, and two Events.

Again, don't have the experience to adjudicate power vs existing cards, but it looks like a fun mechanic, taking tags to get resources in other ways.

Need to be careful though. Is that Weyland "if tagged, 4 damage" still part of the rotation?

While I like netrunnerdb as a resource, it's really cumbersome to navigate, especially on mobile.

• Options
    End of the Line is still in standard rotation and it removes the tag as well.

I believe it's rotating out of Startup, however.

• Options
    This might be the first time I’ve seen Anarch Self-Tagging that might not be complete bonkers? I like that they can’t go full tag/me and not care about the consequences since their stuff requires you to start at 0. And like the article mentions, if the Corp lands a bunch of tags on him and he can’t clear, he’s in real trouble.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    That I think is the key to the mechanic not being busted. Have to start at 0.

• Options
    Scoops Week continues with a new new HB ID and a accompanying fiction piece...

As well as a updated Standard Ban List for this set, and a new HB region spoiler.

It's not a long update, just taking Formicary (from R&R) out before it rotates with Dawn, due to how powerful it'd be with all the derez/re-rez stuff in the new HB ID.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah that Formicary ban was writ large, especially with today's scoops. Great card but gotta go.

Very interested in the new ID. Might break up my old Asa deck to make room for it.

• Options
    The scoops train has no breaks.

New Shaper Connection, Crim program, Anarch virus:
    https://www.youtube.com/live/rutHQoe-uYE?si=727lpc5pWh8DFmwN

And more of Seb's kit, including his console:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg1DEmnyk9M

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Ugh, been busy over the last few days. Collating spoilers when everything is spread out over all the different podcasts and whatnot is rough sometimes. Thankfully there's the Stimhack Spoiler Tracker in case anyone wants to get caught up.

There was a new long fiction that went up today, To Find a Way, which had the new alternate Runner wincon card in it.
    Sometimes you just gotta do a little stab.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Life...
    *stabbed*
    Urgh!
    Finds a way.
    *stab stab*

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I love Netrunner fiction so much.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain