Options

The [2016 Presidential Election] October Advent Calendar

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Morkath wrote: »
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    It's best not to assume anything until we find out more. I'm pretty sure this is automatically an FBI matter, and they're pretty good at this.

I think we can assume it wasn't a grammaticist or political theorist.

"Republicans called 'Nazi', they go the house"?

• Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular

there it is. the right response.

so, what will Trump tweet?

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Meeqe wrote: »
    There have been swastikas spray painted onto Trump signs in my neighborhood, and I live in a decent place in urban western Washington. No surprise from me that someone hating on the GOP enough to commit violence would call them Nazis. Calling someone a Nazi is basically swearing at this point.

Based on this election cycle to date, I fully expect Trump to say with a straight face that because of this recent spate of far-left violence he will now have a cadre of strapping young male gymnastics and sports enthusiasts surrounding him during rallies to keep him safe. These virile and masculine Trump supporters will of course wear matching shirts to help identify themselves.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    jmcdonald wrote: »

That the Clinton campaign ordered it in order to fix the election.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Ed: We've got Dodgson here! It was a law joke, nobody cares.

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    It's best not to assume anything until we find out more. I'm pretty sure this is automatically an FBI matter, and they're pretty good at this.

I think we can assume it wasn't a grammaticist or political theorist.

"Republicans called 'Nazi', they go the house"?

Unless I am horribly mistaken, saying "Nazi Republican." is like saying "Republican Democrat". They are both political parties.

• Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Maybe down 11 points compared to the previous poll?

Women are down 11 points from the August iteration of the Washington Post poll (not the previous poll, but two polls ago), when Clinton was +19 among women. I'm guessing some aide gave him that info and he completely butchered it into that tweet.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

This is literally impossible unless Hillary is doing amazingly well with men.

Okay so, please read this link. This is the poll Trump is talking about.

In every single category, Hillary is beating Trump soundly. In some categories (such as trustworthiness or fitness for office or women's rights), Clinton leads by up to 25%. Only 14% of those polled said they didn't think Trump was a serial sex criminal.

This man is impossibly delusional

• Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    He probably found some doctored poll from his supporters that further pushes his own narrative and delusion.

The guy gets his news primarily from conspiracy theorists, and refuses to believe anything that shows he is somehow losing/inferior/not well endowed/etc.

Is there a word for when you ignore everything and only ever pay attention to things that agree with you, no matter how farfetched or lacking in evidence they are?

If there isn't can we just call it 'Trumping' ?

Narcisstistic personality disorder is what we call it. Rich guys somehow never get diagnosed with this disease.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    P10 wrote: »

This is literally impossible if unless Hillary is doing amazingly well with men.
    you can check (it's 50-42 among women in the 4-way, 51-44 in the head to head)
    i have no idea what he's talking about

I couldn't find a single thing that linked up with what he was talking about. He projected that number completely out of his ass.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »

Eh. He just calls for more obstructionism. It's not really different than what he did against Obama and would not split the party except insomuch as other a republicans might think that maybe the obstructionism of the past should not be how we govern.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    Oh hey Orange County is about an hour away from me.

:bigfrown:

• Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Kasich is the one who has called for either the reform or death of the GOP.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    He probably found some doctored poll from his supporters that further pushes his own narrative and delusion.

The guy gets his news primarily from conspiracy theorists, and refuses to believe anything that shows he is somehow losing/inferior/not well endowed/etc.

Is there a word for when you ignore everything and only ever pay attention to things that agree with you, no matter how farfetched or lacking in evidence they are?

If there isn't can we just call it 'Trumping' ?

Narcisstistic personality disorder is what we call it. Rich guys somehow never get diagnosed with this disease.

If you're poor, your crazy. If your rich, your eccentric.

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    This might be the next realignment. The previous realignments didn't greatly improve American politics. The sickness runs deeper. It has to be fixed somehow.

I think it could be argued that purely in terms of social justice this would stand to be a continuation of the '68 realignment. With the McGovern side being much more outnumbered than it was then.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    looks like ~7% decline from previous poll

It looks like a decline of 11% from being +20 in their June 23rd poll and late September poll. He might have really garbled that.

Couscous on
  • Options
    Handgimp wrote: »

Jon Huntsman did it in 2008. Bobby Jindal did it in 2012. The party has only gotten more and more unhinged every cycle.

So if Cruz is doing it, who gets nominated in 2020? Alex Jones? The woman with the "Trump Can Grab My Pussy" homemade t-shirt?

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Atomika wrote: »

Jon Huntsman did it in 2008. Bobby Jindal did it in 2012. The party has only gotten more and more unhinged every cycle.

So if Cruz is doing it, who gets nominated in 2020? Alex Jones? The woman with the "Trump Can Grab My Pussy" homemade t-shirt?

David Duke

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options

The difference is that Kasich has Ohio and its apparatus behind him, and the Ohio GOP head is poised to take over the national GOP. He is also detached from the parts of the GOP that are dragging it down the most. He is poised to be the noble savior. Will it happen? Probably not. We all saw how the GOP responded to the 2012 post-mortem.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »

Eh. He just calls for more obstructionism. It's not really different than what he did against Obama and would not split the party except insomuch as other a republicans might think that maybe the obstructionism of the past should not be how we govern.

The difference he's technically still on the Trump train after his humiliating turnabout on voting your conscience

He's a transparently self interested loud mouthed opportunistic grandstanding weasel and he's not even good at it

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular

It looks like a decline of 11% from being +20 in their June 23rd poll and late September poll. He might have really garbled that.

I think this is evidence of how much his staff spins the news for him. He's not reading the Washington Post's polling data, he's reading some aide's spin about how "women have moved away from their support of Clinton over the last several months."

• Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular

"mandated sex change operations" is my new favorite conservative Boogeyman

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Hedgethorn wrote: »

I think this is evidence of how much his staff spins the news for him. He's not reading the Washington Post's polling data, he's reading some aide's spin about how "women have moved away from their support of Clinton over the last several months."

Is "aide" code for, "voice in his head"?

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Hedgethorn wrote: »

Is "aide" code for, "voice in his head"?

Random post on Stormfront.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    When John Quincy Adams entered office in March, 1825, he had lofty ideas both domestically and on the global front. The younger Adams had one of the most impressive resumes of a new president. He was widely regarded as one of the most successful secretaries of state in our history, and presided over the tranquil years of the Monroe presidency. Yet, the Jacksonian Democrats who dominated Congress, buoyed by the voting bloc of the southern states, absolutely decimated Quincy’s agenda and rendered his entire presidency an utter failure. There is no reason the same dynamic cannot occur during a potential Hillary presidency.

This is the first goddamn paragraph of Cruz' screed

"In 1825, we had an amazingly qualified and brilliant politician serve as president. And with lots of stubborness and obstructive effort, they shut down his agenda and forced him out. So let's do that, but with Hillary Clinton."

god bless
    usa usa usa

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    Kasich or whatever fresh face is trotted out can't relent on deportation or much more border control, or the party and base will be badly split.

• Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    Facts are meaningless, guys - you can use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true

Naw, facts are useless because you can't use them to prove anything that's false, which is what they're really after.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    jesus h. fitzpatrick

cruz you are such a fucking idiot I can feel it like a sunburn

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Horowitz wrote the article by the way. If you mistook it for cruz's own words

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Goumindong wrote: »

The difference he's technically still on the Trump train after his humiliating turnabout on voting your conscience

He's a transparently self interested loud mouthed opportunistic grandstanding weasel and he's not even good at it

he shit-talks his Republican Texas senator!

what the fuck is he doing????

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    jesus h. fitzpatrick

cruz you are such a fucking idiot I can feel it like a sunburn

He's just sad that a orange lunatic shot down his presidential dreams for all time.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    "we're in a losing rut, so we need to double down on racism, nationalism, and transphobia and utterly reject compromise"

I mean, sure, why not

It gotcha this far

• Options
    mrpaku wrote: »

"mandated sex change operations" is my new favorite conservative Boogeyman

*gets in line*

• Options
    "we're in a losing rut, so we need to double down on racism, nationalism, and transphobia and utterly reject compromise"

I mean, sure, why not

It gotcha this far

reconciliation!

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    When John Quincy Adams entered office in March, 1825, he had lofty ideas both domestically and on the global front. The younger Adams had one of the most impressive resumes of a new president. He was widely regarded as one of the most successful secretaries of state in our history, and presided over the tranquil years of the Monroe presidency. Yet, the Jacksonian Democrats who dominated Congress, buoyed by the voting bloc of the southern states, absolutely decimated Quincy’s agenda and rendered his entire presidency an utter failure. There is no reason the same dynamic cannot occur during a potential Hillary presidency.

"In 1825, we had an amazingly qualified and brilliant politician serve as president. And with lots of stubborness and obstructive effort, they shut down his agenda and forced him out. So let's do that, but with Hillary Clinton."

god bless
    usa usa usa

Casually discards the fact that they were the Democratic-Republican party, just to draw some false equivocation across 2 centuries.

hippofant on
  • Options
    Oh another factor in the Ohio GOP/National GOP fracture: according to this article Rob Portman has co-opted State GOTV for himself.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    Mvrck wrote: »

That the Clinton campaign ordered it in order to fix the election.

"Appreciate the congrats"

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    edited October 2016

god bless
    usa usa usa

So, been missing from this thread since is pretty much the final stretch and there's only so much that you can talk about Trump vs. The Media, but, isn't Cruz mostly known for the Goverment shutdown? The lack of self-awareness of that man is astonishing, even for this election.

TryCatcher on
  • Options

I mean, sure, why not

It gotcha this far

reconciliation!

It's fun to dogpile on Cruz but he's a loser and we all (R and D alike) know it. I really think Kasich has a shot at it. From his last interview:
    I will tell you that if the Republican Party does not evolve, the Republican Party is going to die. The Republican Party cannot be anti-trade, anti-immigrant, not out there practicing the politics of people, you know, the issues surrounding drug addiction and mental illness and the cost of prescription drugs and healthcare and student debt and all of these things are very personal to people now. And if the party wants to have an ideological debate, it's never going to win anything in a major way. So I do believe that the party needs to evolve, or I won't be a part of it.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular

This is literally impossible if unless Hillary is doing amazingly well with men.
    you can check (it's 50-42 among women in the 4-way, 51-44 in the head to head)
    i have no idea what he's talking about

I couldn't find a single thing that linked up with what he was talking about. He projected that number completely out of his ass.

This is largely how Trump creates the appearance of power-blithely stating that his version of events is the correct one and not even pausing to check for approval or confirmation before moving onto the next thing he feels like saying. Sort of a brute-force narrative intended to pave the opposition and crush weak minds to his cause. Even if people don't believe him, they will notice him, and mention him to others. Donald Trump is basically an evil George Costanza, but worse.

This discussion has been closed.