• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    I LOVE TJ'S ENTRANCE SO FUCKING MUCH

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Cedric Alexander vs. Tony Nese is a CW title match that absolutely needs to happen sometime soon

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    rushed segment was rushed

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Had they not had that final shot, that would have almost been some subtle storytelling of Stephanie manipulating Mick.

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    It's still a cool enterance...I bet fun for the young guys to get to see it/ be part of it.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    Ooooooldberg

Ooooooldberg

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    The sparklers always kill it for me.

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Also for a guy who made claims of being over the business for a lot of years...dude is clearly emotional

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    kinda kills the goldberg character to be tearing up

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    DodgeBlan wrote: »

Makes the moment more real to me.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular

Eh, I'll allow it.

What I really would've loved if he came into the ring just said "I accept", mic drop and walked back out.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Hawkstone wrote: »
    Also for a guy who made claims of being over the business for a lot of years...dude is clearly emotional

I feel like he didn't expect that which kind of sucked me in

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    I'm never gonna be upset with a person for breaking character to cry

Having real emotion about this stuff makes it worth being invested in

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Your last is a good way to go out and do it, and clearly it's a big deal to him, and his family. This segment sold me...went from really down on it to happy for the guy.

• Options
    that was great

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Goldberg knocked it out of the park here but I'm not sure who this benefits. If Goldberg loses this whole moment is pointless. If he wins then the whole rub of Brock Lesnar being an undefeatable monster for years goes to a guy who instantly retires.

2KWWE17 in stores now.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Raw was OK. I'll definitely be ready for some fresh feuds and match ups after HiaC.

• Options
    Goldberg will hopefully be more involved in the business now

be a part of Mania week

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i will always love bill goldberg and i am glad he is getting some kind of proper send off

wrestling really is the only "sport" where you get to see dream matches, where your old favorite can show up for a few minutes and still have it. sure the match itself may not end up being the best, but the build and emotion is really fucking hard to ignore or, really, top when done right.

it's such a special thing and it really bums me out when people shit on nostalgia matches because it's such a unique special thing you can't get anywhere. and the longer you watch wrestling the more you appreciate it.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Hawkstone wrote: »
    Your last is a good way to go out and do it, and clearly it's a big deal to him, and his family. This segment sold me...went from really down on it to happy for the guy.

Couldn't agree more. That his angle was, can I be the hero I used to be? Grabbed me. Expected to hate it. Also nice and fourth wall breaking, literally can I do this.

I'll admit the entrance started the process

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    kiiiiiidberrrrg
    kiiiiiidberrrrg

For real, it was cool seeing him interact with the crowd. You could tell he really loved being back in there.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I dig that Goldberg's sole motivation is for his kid to see him in the ring.

Well not including the I assume astronomical amount of cash hes making.

• Options
    WhittledownWhittledown Registered User regular
    Goldberg knocked it out of the park here but I'm not sure who this benefits. If Goldberg loses this whole moment is pointless. If he wins then the whole rub of Brock Lesnar being an undefeatable monster for years goes to a guy who instantly retires.

2KWWE17 in stores now.

There is no Lesnar rub. Because he does not matter. He is not the Undertaker. So it kind of doesn't matter who beats him. Go Goldberg.

DRCdHs6.jpg?1
  • Options

2KWWE17 in stores now.

There is no Lesnar rub. Because he does not matter. He is not the Undertaker. So it kind of doesn't matter who beats him. Go Goldberg.

Someone beating Brock absolutely does matter now. Goldberg doing it won't be bad though.

• Options
    WhittledownWhittledown Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »

2KWWE17 in stores now.

Someone beating Brock absolutely does matter now. Goldberg doing it won't be bad though.

Lesnar has 0 mystique. No grand aura. We know he is big and strong but that is all he has. No heart. No rub.

DRCdHs6.jpg?1
  • Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »

2KWWE17 in stores now.

Lesnar has 0 mystique. No grand aura. We know he is big and strong but that is all he has. No heart. No rub.

Brock has negative heart.

• Options
    if Brock could promo he would be more important

he's Heyman's monster

• Options
    I don't really see how anyone could think there is no big rub coming out of being the first person to beat Lesnar 1v1 clean since he started his big dominant run...3 or so years ago now?

Like I am bored with him but being the person who finally takes down the Beast 100% has a big boost of "credibility" to it.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Beating Brock without the magical dick punch or kick.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KnehdZ3bjQ

I thought that was Backlund at the beginning

Xehalus on
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    On the Chinese audio feed for RAW tonight, some of Cole's earpiece audio got accidentally streamed. Here's him setting up Heyman's promo with Kevin Dunn, Heyman, and Vince: https://clyp.it/uvqv4t4r

Here's another clip from last week's RAW that I guess was aired outside of the US, not sure. It has JoJo doing a bit about the best signs of the night, but the main event is Kendrick talking to Cole about commentary for the match: https://streamable.com/uoq1

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Goldberg can beat Lesnar, have his feel-good moment, then Reigns can beat him and they can still build it as a massive accomplishment.

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    There's zero chance that Goldberg beats lesnar.

Okay maybe there's a small chance Goldberg beats lesnar in some ambiguous or fuckery-heavy scenario to set up a rematch. But there's still zero chance Goldberg wins the feud and that means if it's one and done there's zero chance Goldberg wins the match.

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    There's zero chance that Goldberg beats lesnar.

Okay maybe there's a small chance Goldberg beats lesnar in some ambiguous or fuckery-heavy scenario to set up a rematch. But there's still zero chance Goldberg wins the feud and that means if it's one and done there's zero chance Goldberg wins the match.

Man you want to talk about things not actually mattering: you can't have Goldberg cut that promo about "you're last" and then have him have a run of other matches. "You're last! ...except when I have a throwaway feud with Braun Strowman."

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    I could imagine that Brock losing to a guy that then leaves could be pretext for putting him into some kind of rut or losing streak, take the gleam of the unkillable monster off him.

Of course, WWE has little incentive of doing this, I would imagine.

• Options
    I didnt realize when Goldberg came out he went right for the kids in the entrance ramp seats, thats super cool cause they are the ones who will remember it as a real big thing.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I'm not so sure about the actual match, but I am actually totally down for Goldberg, hero to children everywhere.

He's basically the anti-Lesnar now. Lesnar has Paul tell you about how he's fighting to feed his wife and kids. Goldberg actually comes out with his wife and kid, emotionally says he just wants to perform in front of them. Lesnar doesn't care about the fans, Goldberg spends time talking and interacting with fans. Etc.

I'd say have the match be fairly even, until Brock finally gets pissed and a bit more serious. Maybe have him lock in the Kimura, with Goldberg refusing to tap in front of his family and sustaining an injury. Have him keep trying to fight but Brock is just bullying him.

Then I'd have a wrestler the fans will actually cheer for, ie not Roman, make the save or distraction. I'd say someone from WCW...maybe Sting appears with all of the theatrics, just as a distraction, no contact. Maybe he brings out the bat which eventually winds up being used on Lesnar while the ref is distracted. Since it's still the RAW vs SDL show, maybe Randy sneaks in an RKO to further their feud for a WM match? Not sure.

But however it goes you can just have Brock stumble into a Spear or Jackhammer (probably just a Spear to be safe) and have Goldberg just collapse on top of him for the pin.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Also, totally missed this when I was watching.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
This discussion has been closed.