Options

The [Wrestling] Thread Has Been Appointed Secretary Of Education

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    Sprout wrote: »
    That crowd could not have given less of a shit about Hawkins.

DID HE HAVE HIS CANE?

He did!

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    That crowd could not have given less of a shit about Hawkins.

DID HE HAVE HIS CANE?

yes

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    i don't know what's wrong with this crowd then

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular

They were booing him pretty well I thought.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Nikki needs to be shooting New Day some "thank you" texts for those "SHAME" chants.

• Options

well they already popped for Kane

• Options
    we throw buried around here a lot, but Swagger got buried

• Options
    is it really being buried when you lose to future concurrent WWE World Heavyweight Champion and Universal Champion Baron Corbin?

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I just moved from liking Corbin to loving Corbin. Good talking.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Dean should dirty deeds aj before the match and then not interfere

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Oh good, we're bringing Total Divas storylines back to Smackdown. I sure haven't missed those.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I've got it

they're working backwards through lesnars opponents, so if we go back to the beginning. we can figure out who will finally take him down.

its Spike Dudley

..... I'd be so hype.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Man I really hate the WWE distraction spots, even in a match like this.

JBL is literally yelling about how important the title is right now, meanwhile in the ring AJ takes his eyes off the match because Ambrose just said "hey, look over there!"

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    I love that Daniel Bryan wants Natalya to justify being on a five-person Survivor Series team when there's only six women in the division right now.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    No Chin Music is pretty good

• Options
    that superkick

• Options
    411Randle wrote: »
    I love that Daniel Bryan wants Natalya to justify being on a five-person Survivor Series team when there's only six women in the division right now.

Uh, there's 7? I think you're forgetting an unforgettable performer. I think you're forgetting Eva Marie.

• Options

Uh, there's 7? I think you're forgetting an unforgettable performer. I think you're forgetting Eva Marie.

Doesn't ring a bell.

• Options
    2-0(forget about that Strowman match)

• Options
    I was kinda hoping for a secret stip that if AJ got DQed he'd lose the title,

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular

I can't wait for Survivor Series, because at the beginning of the show they're going to find Nikki Bella knocked out backstage, and Daniel Bryan is going to have to scramble to find a replacement.

Then, as the match is about to begin as a 4v5 because no replacement came out, the lights go out, and a voice calls out over the loudspeaker to announce that Nikki Bella's replacement hails from Concord, California.

And then Eva Marie wins the match via rollup, while Becky just sits there looking dumbfounded.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Raw can't figure out how to get an entire division of the best cruiserweights in the world over. Meanwhile, on Smackdown, the fans are chanting for Ellsworth.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    THIS IS TOO MUCH INFORMATION RUSEV

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Holy shit Rusev was a big baby boy.

72 hour labor makes sense.

• Options
    Raw can't figure out how to get an entire division of the best cruiserweights in the world over. Meanwhile, on Smackdown, the fans are chanting for Ellsworth.

That's a bit hyperbole. They've done a good job with Kendrick, and Alexander and Swann are pretty over now.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    wirehead26 wrote: »

That's a bit hyperbole. They've done a good job with Kendrick, and Alexander and Swann are pretty over now.

Hyperbole? Moi? I have never been so insulted in my entire life!

Okay, maybe, but come on. Smackdown turned an actual jobber into a huge sympathetic character, which is definitely much harder than getting a crowd to react to cruisers. Or at least it should be.

411Randle on
  • Options

The cruiser division is still new. It's going to take a bit for mainstream wrestling crowds to fully get used to it but thankfully WWE seems to care now.

• Options
    Technically, Ellsworth has been around less time than the cruiserweights. I think. When did he face Strowman again?

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    rusev should be the biggest face in the company

• Options

Okay, maybe, but come on. Smackdown turned an actual jobber into a huge sympathetic character, which is definitely much harder than getting a crowd to react to cruisers. Or at least it should be.

I mean, the crowds have been reacting? Mostly? Last Monday they were oohing and aahing appropriately.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Also let's be honest, Ellsworth has a lot more charisma than like half the cruisers.

That's not a knock, it's the truth.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular

I would argue it's because TJ is the worst choice for first champion due to being super bland as a speaker. When the worst talker is the biggest focus of a new division it's an up hill battle.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    Hawkstone wrote: »

I would argue it's because TJ is the worst choice for first champion due to being super bland as a speaker. When the worst talker is the biggest focus of a new division it's an up hill battle.

Yeah Kendrick needs to win at HiaC.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I honestly don't think Ellsworth has charisma, per se.

He's just a jobber the fan base latched onto because everything about him was ridiculous.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    He actually speaks surprisingly well, his promo sounded good and heartfelt.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Hawkstone wrote: »

Honestly I think The Brian Kendrick holding the belt would be great, he's got the experience playing to a crowd and you can through babyfaces like Cedric and Swann at him and they'll get cheered because he's so dastardly.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    dragonsama wrote: »
    Xehalus wrote: »
    I wish WWE 2K17 was good

I press the counter button and it doesn't work

It does work It's just a timing thing. And it seams they change that timing from year to year. It's really weird at first once you get the hang of it you'll be able to counter easily.

Also no custom arenas in VS mode again this year? This makes no sense at all!

It's very split-second timing. I never quite got the hang of it.
    Variable wrote: »
    Dean should dirty deeds aj before the match and then not interfere

I thought he'd Dirty Deeds AJ, then run over and ring the bell to start the match despite the ref's pleas not to, effectively forcing the count.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Reynolds wrote: »
    He actually speaks surprisingly well, his promo sounded good and heartfelt.

can't be worse than big sweaty men

• Options
    I don't think Ellsworth should get, like, a main event or even midcard slot out of this, clearly he's a one-note joke that would easily be run into the ground, but he'll go back to the indies and make a couple extra bucks because he's been on TV, and like he said, he can tell his grandkids that he faced AJ Styles for the WWE World Title on national TV, he gets a nice paycheque, and maybe some royalties out of the t-shirt sales (if there are any). It's a good story and I'm glad it happened.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I did that Wrestling Name Generator thing and literally got "Canadian Crippler"

Seems like someone should had made sure those two words didn't come together.

This discussion has been closed.