As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2017!

rhylithrhylith Death RabbitsHoustonRegistered User regular
edited February 2017 in Social Entropy++
Badge sales apparently started 20 mins ago and nobody made a thread!

Gogogogogo!

zerzhul on

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    ECCC and PAX East right after each other?

Do they think I'm made of money? Even if I thought of going, I wouldn't be able to get East tickets now...

Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I was sick today

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    So, who wants to split a hotel room?

• RayzeRayze Registered User regular
    Got my tickets and hotel room. It was much smoother this year.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Gonna try and get tickets but I may not be able to go this year

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Are others in the queue? Any sense of how long I'll have to wait to be told I can't get tickets?

edited October 2016
    I am in the queue.

EDIT: I got in the queue 10 minutes ago and got my tickets already, so its not bad at all.

Goose! on
  • BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Booked my hotel! Really really hope I can make it out next year for this again.

I miss your faces! :P

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
    Got passes, will deal with hotel later

And then time to start a budget I guess

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Booked Friday and Saturday - didn't do a hotel, hoping to find a floor to crash on before the event :)

My first PAX in a few years, can't wait!

• breton-brawlerbreton-brawler Registered User regular
    Hell Yes! finally got a a ticket for all 3 days. Saturday will rock. :biggrin:

• AlexandierAlexandier Registered User regular
    I missed the boat evry year except the first pax east, managed to get a set of tickets for Saturday, weee!

• ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    Got a ticket for Saturday. Gonna show up with my guild wars posse.

A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I bought my tickets and hotel. Dunno if I'm actually going to go though. I really need a new computer, and I'm seeing if I'll be able to swing both, but if not I'll be selling my tickets. It will be the first PAX East I miss since I started going in 2011 :(

• Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Putting badges and hotels on sale on the heels of FloPAX is a cruel thing to do, Penny Arcade. It's unconscionable.

Anyway, I got my badges okay, but the hotel situation is mad fucked up. Who books a double occupancy for Friday and Sunday only?

[IMG][/img]
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Oh fuck

Welp, unless my friends got extra looks like this is the first year I'm not going

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Woo hoo! My friends thought ahead and bought an extra set when I didn't respond to their text!

I'm going to PAX East again!

Maddoc on
  • HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    Saturdays are sold out, but I snagged Friday and Sunday tickets for my brother and I

Missed the last few, but not this time dammit!

vEaRQgH.png
    edited October 2016
    I got all 3 days but fuuuuck paying $800 for a hotel, so if anyone wants to deal with me for the weekend, I'd totally go splitsville with ya.

EDIT: If I go, I'd be arriving Thursday night and leaving Sunday late night

Goose! on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Is it me, or are passes super early this year?

YL9WnCY.png
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I'm in China ATM so I was asleep when this went up, my friends noticed late and were only able to get Friday/Sunday

This must be what Seattle folks feel like every year now. Sucks

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    Is it me, or are passes super early this year?

PAX is the 2nd weekend of March this time, so it makes sense that passes are early (if they are)

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Ahh, that serves me right for having a job, I guess.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Indeed, nobody who has a job got passes.

• CptKemzikCptKemzik Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    And my annual tradition of planning to go Sunday only, with brothers in tow, continues. I am not excite about the early March dates however - weather will likely be miserable at best, if not frigid if we get another super-intense winter.

Or maybe it will be unseasonably mild just like this past week has been! Who knows in our glorious age of erratic shifts in weather partially stemming from man-made climate change.

CptKemzik on
    So, glutton for punishment to my wallet that I am, I booked a hotel room myself at the Westin Copley Place for Thursday - Monday, and was able to get a decent price through Amoma, a site I never heard of (found it through Trivago).

Yeah I just registered for my next semester's classes and I'm definitely not going to pax east 2017

Which sucks a lot but if I went I would spend the whole time stressing instead of having fun oh well

2x39jD4.jpg
  • SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    I got tickets!

xet8c.gif

• ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Nixing the 3day seems to have really alleviated a problem, since there are still Friday/Sundays available.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
    So this thing is in 5 weeks.

zerzhul wrote: »

Whoa

Yeah, with south it sneaks right up

BTW I'm not gonna be updating this OP (I've done it before and it's too much work and I don't want to schedule events and stuff). I just wanted to make sure people knew tickets were on sale back in October because nobody else made the thread. So if someone else wants to make a better pax east thread by all means do!

I am still so exhausted from trying to set stuff up for South. I will be at East, though.

I do expect we'll be doing Jillian's on Thursday as is custom. Other than that...

xgr49pndnjhp.gif

zerzhul wrote: »

Shit, I still gotta sell my tickets.

Five weeks should be just barely enough time to recuperate.

So who all's goin to this thing anyway?

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    first year I'll be missing it, actually

womp womp

7yh4xczljsym.png