Options

aesthetic [chat]

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    @Shivahn @credeiki @Ludious and @cptrugged

Relationship stuff since I know some of you are interested and your stuff has been super helpful to me.
    So on Wednesday Mazzxx said we needed to talk and I felt similar. So she would figure a way to spend time with me this Saturday. She came through. Now anxious Mazzyx brain was like, "She is soooooooooooooooooooooo breaking up with you."

But it was the opposite. It was kind of that state of the relationship thing. We talked through where we were and where we think its going. Shared some stuff that was kind of a bombshell which I won't share on the boards. And both came out of it with a stronger relationship. Also cuddling on the couch why she did laundry.

Sadly she had to head out for work stuff, about an hour late but whatever. That was more laundries fault than mine.

So I would say non-inference agreed upon long term relationship get?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Wikileaks basically just admitting it's working for the Trump campaign on behalf of Russia at this point

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    jakobagger wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    pan-scandinavism was a pretty cool idea, too bad it died horribly

What we got does feel like something very fitting to the scandinavian spirit

peoples who usually express "You are my dearest friend, I love you and I would do anything for you" through a grunt as a beer is passed, the fact that we have no formal treaties or agreements of defense but it's still just taken as granted that one would go to war for the other

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Bøllebank
    Operation Bøllebank (English: Operation Hooligan Bashing[1]) was the first combat operation conducted by Danish Armed Forces since World War II. In April 1994, a Danish contingent with elements of the Jydske Dragonregiment on peacekeeping duty in Bosnia, as part of UNPROFORs Nordic battalion (Nordbat 2) located in Tuzla, was ambushed, when trying to relieve a Swedish and Norwegian observation post, Tango 2, that was under heavy artillery fire by the Bosnian Serb Šekovići brigade at the village of Kalesija, but the ambush was dispersed when the UN forces retaliated with heavy fire.

that name is still one of my top ever Operation names

I personally prefer either the American school of over the top names, eg. Freedom Dragon, Skullfuck Eagle etc. or the sinister blandness of corporate and/or German names like Fall Gelb, Fall Rot etc.

The modern american ones just make me roll my eyes.

I mean ideally, i think a churchill memo is about this, the name of an operation is nondescript, and also something you could tell a grieving mother her son died in.

So, sinister or bland.

Or say fuck both those things because no time, the joke became the name and now you've got Bøllebank.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    And the corporation continues to consolidate. And nobody minds.

AT&T has reached a deal to buy Time Warner for more than $80 billion in what would become a colossal corporate merger, the Wall Street Journal reported Saturday.

In what some analysts are calling an unprecedented “seismic shift” for the media and technology world, the deal could turn the legacy telecom carrier into a media titan the likes of which America has rarely seen.

A combination between the two companies could rival some of the biggest mergers in history, with AT&T potentially gaining control over hugely valuable brands spanning television, film, sports, news, video games and mobile and residential Internet service.

Regulators are going to inspect the shit out of this deal but the AT&T-TimeWarner lawyer army probably has already scoped out the angles

Clinton's going to be president, it's going to be a very friendly presidency to scifi megacorp formation

of course Trump would probably just give them branches of government to run

the joys of getting to choose between the Business Party and the Even More Business Party but Also Racism and Jesus

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    pan-scandinavism was a pretty cool idea, too bad it died horribly

What we got does feel like something very fitting to the scandinavian spirit

peoples who usually express "You are my dearest friend, I love you and I would do anything for you" through a grunt as a beer is passed, the fact that we have no formal treaties or agreements of defense but it's still just taken as granted that one would go to war for the other

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Bøllebank
    Operation Bøllebank (English: Operation Hooligan Bashing[1]) was the first combat operation conducted by Danish Armed Forces since World War II. In April 1994, a Danish contingent with elements of the Jydske Dragonregiment on peacekeeping duty in Bosnia, as part of UNPROFORs Nordic battalion (Nordbat 2) located in Tuzla, was ambushed, when trying to relieve a Swedish and Norwegian observation post, Tango 2, that was under heavy artillery fire by the Bosnian Serb Šekovići brigade at the village of Kalesija, but the ambush was dispersed when the UN forces retaliated with heavy fire.

that name is still one of my top ever Operation names

I personally prefer either the American school of over the top names, eg. Freedom Dragon, Skullfuck Eagle etc. or the sinister blandness of corporate and/or German names like Fall Gelb, Fall Rot etc.

The modern american ones just make me roll my eyes.

I mean ideally, i think a churchill memo is about this, the name of an operation is nondescript, and also something you could tell a grieving mother her son died in.

So, sinister or bland.

Or say fuck both those things because no time, the joke became the name and now you've got Bøllebank.

Like operation overlord? Sounds important but not terribly sinister

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    @Shivahn @credeiki @Ludious and @cptrugged

Relationship stuff since I know some of you are interested and your stuff has been super helpful to me.
    So on Wednesday Mazzxx said we needed to talk and I felt similar. So she would figure a way to spend time with me this Saturday. She came through. Now anxious Mazzyx brain was like, "She is soooooooooooooooooooooo breaking up with you."

But it was the opposite. It was kind of that state of the relationship thing. We talked through where we were and where we think its going. Shared some stuff that was kind of a bombshell which I won't share on the boards. And both came out of it with a stronger relationship. Also cuddling on the couch why she did laundry.

Sadly she had to head out for work stuff, about an hour late but whatever. That was more laundries fault than mine.

So I would say non-inference agreed upon long term relationship get?

Want to add to this a 45 minute discussion about Butcher's books.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

AT&T has reached a deal to buy Time Warner for more than $80 billion in what would become a colossal corporate merger, the Wall Street Journal reported Saturday.

In what some analysts are calling an unprecedented “seismic shift” for the media and technology world, the deal could turn the legacy telecom carrier into a media titan the likes of which America has rarely seen.

A combination between the two companies could rival some of the biggest mergers in history, with AT&T potentially gaining control over hugely valuable brands spanning television, film, sports, news, video games and mobile and residential Internet service.

Regulators are going to inspect the shit out of this deal but the AT&T-TimeWarner lawyer army probably has already scoped out the angles

Clinton's going to be president, it's going to be a very friendly presidency to scifi megacorp formation

the joys of getting to choose between the Business Party and the Even More Business Party but Also Racism and Jesus

Or in this case the business party and the even more business party but also racist, revenge, xenophobia, and "isn't russia just the best"

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular

Or in this case the business party and the even more business party but also racist, revenge, xenophobia, and "isn't russia just the best"

I know Trump is not very Jesus-y but the party still is, surely?

Also you forgot being a literal child in your description of Trump

Oh, and the sexism, oh boy

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    I loved the shitty operation names in xcom

Like operation hot father

• Options
    Why would anyone admire Russia right now? Putins driven the country into a ditch domestically and is busy flailing around wildly on the world stage to compensate

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Casual wrote: »
    guys

guys

my PC booted!

AND IT'S SO QUIET

holy fuck with all the fans spinning and the side panels off it makes no noise at all

i'm in love
    Quiet but warm enough to trigger fusion

cpu sitting at a steady 30c

i got a badass cooling system this time

he says, from atop his elaborately milled aluminium heatsink-throne

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Why would anyone admire Russia right now? Putins driven the country into a ditch domestically and is busy flailing around wildly on the world stage to compensate

Trump thinks the median income, employment, and standard of living is higher in China and Russia than it is in America

It's insane to listen Trump talk about America, yeah America is hot garbage compared to other similarly wealthy nations if you're poor, but he talks about American cities like they're Baghdad in 2005

override367 on
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I'm at a VegFest

Help I'm surrounded by hippies

• Options

Trump thinks the median income, employment, and standard of living is higher in China and Russia than it is in America

If youre a trust fund baby sure

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Looks like I'm not going to visit my husband this weekend since he's just trying to sleep off illness.

Which means civilization forever hooray! Also I get to see my aunt who is briefly here from california tomorrow instead of being out of town to miss her visit, so that's cool.

I wrote this in the civ thread but civ changes my backlit keyboard to red when I'm at war which is pretty much the coolest thing I have ever seen and I thought I should share.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options

people who like authoritarian leaders just like authoritarian leaders

ethics, successfulness of policies and a bunch of other things become irrelevant then

• Options
    wandering wrote: »
    I'm at a VegFest

Change one letter and it's much better?

• Options
    Ya it's probably better to be Trump-level rich in Russia; you can get away with (even) more awful shit than you can here. So maybe from his perspective it is better...

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I loved the shitty operation names in xcom

Like operation hot father

There are two arrested development jokes about operation: hot [family member] and this is incredibly somehow neither

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    The nazi propaganda exhibit

1. Made me cry
    2. Had a cool play at the end
    3. Could be called "make Germany great again". So many scary parrallells in the propaganda slogans to stuff now.

• Options
    I'm at a VegFest

you brought this on yourself

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    I remember when I visited Dachau

It was emotionally draining. Especially hearing the funeral bells toll there.

You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I'm at a VegFest

Change one letter and it's much better?

Yeah, VetFest is pretty cool. Same with MegFest and VegFast

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    I'm at a VegFest

yr lucky I'm still feverish or would stalk

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    credeiki wrote: »
    Ya it's probably better to be Trump-level rich in Russia; you can get away with (even) more awful shit than you can here. So maybe from his perspective it is better...

You have less long term security, though, insofar as there's a non-zero chance that your team of oligarchs loses out in an internal struggle and you get sent to Siberian prison. By contrast, our oligarchs are much more velvet glove with each other.

MrMister on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    @Mazzyx @credeiki @Delmain @Blameless Cleric @MrMister and other Civ 6 people I have lost track

How is everyone feeling about a multiplayer game sometime soonish?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    MrMister wrote: »
    I'm at a VegFest

yr lucky I'm still feverish or would stalk

Further research indicates I found the wrong VegFest

you're safe for now, cow

• Options

You have less long term security, though, insofar as there's a non-zero chance that your team of oligarchs loses out in an internal struggle and you get sent to Siberian prison. By contrast, our oligarchs are much more velvet glove with each other.

Yeah, but you can (or so I gather from media) have your own private army's worth of security forces, so you probably feel a bit better about it?

• Options
    Elldren wrote: »
    and other Civ 6 people I have lost track

I gotta see if I can get bootcamp going 1st

*cries apply tears*

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    dang I didn't realize civ 6 was out (like, out-out, I never know what with all of this early access nonsense nowadays; also, our failing moral society which has begun to embrace LGBT youths etc etc)

hmm the reviews all seem radiant

hmm

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Mazzyx credeiki Delmain "Blameless Cleric" MrMister and other Civ 6 people I have lost track

I don't think I want to play civ multiplayer until I've had a significant amount of time to just relax and enjoy the single player; sorry. But in the future in some number of weeks I might want to.

• Options

*cries apply tears*

Oh right

: (

Mac version now pls

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    ojxd5whnmavx.jpg

At my jerb

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

*cries apply tears*

Oh right

: (

Mac version now pls

People with Macs are too busy criticizing Windows users to have time to play computer games.

• Options

Yeah, but you can (or so I gather from media) have your own private army's worth of security forces, so you probably feel a bit better about it?

didn't save Khodorkovskij

• Options
    dang I didn't realize civ 6 was out (like, out-out, I never know what with all of this early access nonsense nowadays; also, our failing moral society which has begun to embrace LGBT youths etc etc)

hmm the reviews all seem radiant

hmm

I'm still not done with 5, but. . .

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Organichu wrote: »
    ojxd5whnmavx.jpg

At my jerb
    That looks like a vulture wearing a bald eagle costume. Kinda like
    a certain someone...

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    ojxd5whnmavx.jpg

At my jerb

true story: I thought about making this pun/'joke' earlier today but didn't

now a derpy cartoon eagle has stolen my thunder

WIKVqZP.gif

• Options
    Mazzyx credeiki Delmain "Blameless Cleric" MrMister and other Civ 6 people I have lost track

I don't think I want to play civ multiplayer until I've had a significant amount of time to just relax and enjoy the single player; sorry. But in the future in some number of weeks I might want to.

In some number of weeks is p soonish

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    @Powerpuppies @SniperGuy @AresProphet @spool32 @MrMister

Plus anyone else interested in influencing an undecided's vote

I've decided on all the elections but I'm looking at my ballot and there's a proposal to legalize euthanasia in Colorado. You need to be 18 or older with a terminal illness, and you need to be able to self administer the drugs (i.e. your power of attorney can't choose it for you in a coma or something). Your doctor needs to estimate your time remaining at less than six months. There's no requirement for a psychiatric sign off.

On the one hand I have struggled with suicidal thoughts so I am uncomfy with no psychiatric doctor involved. On the other, from talking about trans issues a lot I am uncomfy with the idea of a psych needing to sign off on important decisions about your body.

Idk someone convince me to vote a certain way.

This discussion has been closed.