As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

U mad?

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Uriel wrote: »
    Fuck.

Why do I always have to learn terrible shit second hand from twitter.

did something awful just happen

Not Just happened, oddly, just finding out now though..

Also it's more of a personal family thing but still at a total loss for what to even do now.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Fuck.

Why do I always have to learn terrible shit second hand from twitter.

did something awful just happen

Not Just happened, oddly, just finding out now though..

Also it's more of a personal family thing but still at a total loss for what to even do now.

ah, sorry to hear that man

hope all goes well for you and yours

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I told management company March 6 I intend to end the lease as of the end of this month, per the terms of the rental agreement. I heard nothing from them for 1.5 months over several emails until finally a week ago they responded to a different question with me ticked off about their automatic payment scheduling May and me proving I had provided notice. They said that was a mechanical error, uh-huh, and that I could drop my keys off on the weekend through an outside box. I went down there this past weekend to finish moving out and clean the place up. Thing is, California law states I only need to clean to the standards that I received the unit in. And when I moved in it was filthy, however this management company does not engender trust in me after three years of miscellaneous bullshit so I'm gonna be paying real close attention when the itemized bill for cleaning inevitably shows up and not my security deposit refund.

When lo and behold today I get something in the mail listing a cleaning checklist I should follow along with a notice that if I want an inspection I need to return said notice without seven days. Nevermind that California law states this was supposed to be sent to me a reasonable amount of time after receiving notice and it's been nearly two months, but if they think they're gonna get away with charging me for not following the list (it's basically a DEEP clean instead of "as when I received it" which is what I did) then they will be finding out how well I know the rental codes. So I'm waiting to see now how much they'll try to justify removing from my deposit, though my guess is "all of it" because they're greedy.

• Options
    I rally need to learn to sleep on my back.

I can't get comfortable on my stomach anymore at all.

I'm mad because laying on my back makes my whole head dry out assuming I even manage to drift off a bit at all.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    So Mike Pence was here for the day and they shut down the freeway three times for him. Once at the start of afternoon rush hour.

Thanks for making us sit in traffic for an extra couple of hours, it's not like anyone wanted to go home at a reasonable time or anything.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Nobody who is serious about animal welfare gives their time and money to PETA. PETA is a bunch of loud assholes fighting for unrealistic goals by pantomiming the tactics of 60's-style social radicalism. It emphasizes the public exposure of its protesters over actual results, which probably explains why it attracts so many celebrities. PETA's platform seeks to eliminate all meat consumption and would prefer that nobody owned pets.

Actual advances in animal welfare are achieved by old-school lobbying organizations like the ASPCA, which recognizes that nobody alive today is likely to see a vegetarian world and helps pass laws that make the lives of food animals more humane, and local shelters that can actually leverage the resources to care for and adopt out animals. If PETA does any good at all in the world, it's by accident, by making actual animal welfare organizations look sane and reasonable by comparison.

My sister is just this side of PETA, and her and her friends are indeed fucking assholes who are way more interested in establishing a righteous counter-identity than in actually enacting any sort of meaningful change.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    I am mad that puyo puyo tetris isnt coming out digitally for PS4 because my pS4 has the 'pops-out-discs' problem AUGH

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Kochikens wrote: »
    I am mad that puyo puyo tetris isnt coming out digitally for PS4 because my pS4 has the 'pops-out-discs' problem AUGH

I think there is a relatively easy fix for that if you want to pop into the playstation thread and ask.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    furlion wrote: »

I think there is a relatively easy fix for that if you want to pop into the playstation thread and ask.

I've tried most of the 'easy' fixes, whats up next are the medium difficulty fixes, which I dread. : (

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »

I've tried most of the 'easy' fixes, whats up next are the medium difficulty fixes, which I dread. : (

Friend of mine had that same problem and tried all the fixes. Ended up having to buy a new ps4.

Puyo puyo is coming out for the switch, if you managed to snag, or were thinking of getting one.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I had that problem with my ps4

The only thing that ended up working was opening up the ps4 and putting tape over the little contactor switch thing, disabling the physical button itself. Can still eject discs from the software menu

Its pretty easy to do, ill post the video when im not phone posting

Its 100% guaranteed to work because you actually address the problem, all the "easy" fixes are fucking voodoo

• Options
  • Options
    Yeaaah I've seen that fix. : x it scares the shit out of me, disabling the eject button. I guess I sort of have no option left now though, its either that or I just burn the thing. I guess I should go buy electrical tape and a tiny screwdriver.

Thats... very soothing music in that video.

I was going to ask how annoying doing eject from the menu is, but it can't be more annoying than it shitting out your disc without saving. Thanks!

• Options
    the process is reversible, you can always open it up and remove the tape if you want

an irreversible method would be to just remove the metal tab thing or bend it so it wont touch the contactor surface. but tape works and doesnt damage anything.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Is it possible to buy a replacement switch from the newer revised version of the hardware that doesn't have the problem and replace your faulty unit?

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    so we're way overbudget on this job, so i just want you to cut out these 18 pipe drawings from this other sheet and put them on separate sheets

but i'll have to redraw them to fit the standards

i don't want you to redraw them i want you to just put them out

but even that is days of work making layouts and callouts

no just put them out

aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

So, "manager doesn't know how to do what you do, so it must be easy" kind of thing?

manager complains about budgets while always asking for things that cause massive overruns could be the subtitle on my life

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Is it possible to buy a replacement switch from the newer revised version of the hardware that doesn't have the problem and replace your faulty unit?

Probably but that would elevate it to "even higher difficulty fixes". Like that's a LOT of effort relative to a piece of electrical tape.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    edited April 2017
    honestly its a miracle I didn't smash my PS4 to pieces that issue fucking drove me insane

I got to the point where I would only play digital download games. Nothing like, for instance, being in the middle of a Destiny raid with some friends and then BEEP BEEP BEEP the PS4 ejects the disc and kicks you out of the game. Even then sometimes, with no disc in it, it would just beep like crazy... constantly trying to eject the non existent disc.

When I wasn't using it, I had to actually unplug it because otherwise it would randomly turn itself on and start trying to eject whatever disc was inside. Getting woken up in the middle of the night to my fucking non-stop beeping PS4 was pretty aggravating.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    UPDATE ON WIZARD QUEST!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0QxN6Il6q4
    (It's really about serious stuff in my life, but I don't want to complain too explicitly)

My Wizard is still a bumbling and dangerous idiot. Any spell he casts is unpredictable - likely a result of his unlawful and perverse wizard training and powers awoken at too young an age.

I have sought the council of the Necromancer. He suggests deceit, but more than anything he enjoys watching all of us squirm in misery.

The Elven demigod gives his blessing, but will do nothing to aid me.

The Dwarven High King has honoured the Old Alliance, long thought dead in the realms of men. His granite rune words might just be enough to stabilize my erratic Wizard. There's ten juicy experience points and a level up at the end of this quest line and they never felt closer.

Next step is gathering the crystals needed to power the Wizard's spell. Only two ways to get crystal: blood mage geas or prove your worth to the mysterious mountain hermits. The hermits only give crystals to the mightiest of heroes and any man under a geas must suffer a hundred years of pain.

So all in all, things are looking up.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Never mind

furlion on
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    My first double post!

furlion on
  • Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    i don't think i ever posted this, but i saved some Dove quotes
    KIgpKQTl.jpg
    the dark chocolate is good but not worth this shit

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Pretty sure all those were plagiarized from painted wood blocks at my aunt's house. Poor form, Dove.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    pooka wrote: »
    KIgpKQTl.jpg

vFdXN3H.jpg

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Gonna be needing two crowns or root canals plus a filling and deep cleaning. Because due to work idiocy I didn't have dental insurance for over a year.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    pooka wrote: »
    KIgpKQTl.jpg

vFdXN3H.jpg

don't kinkshame

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Gonna be needing two crowns or root canals plus a filling and deep cleaning. Because due to work idiocy I didn't have dental insurance for over a year.

This is me, except like 10 years. When I saw my dentist about a month ago I let him know I've been saving up a bunch of work just for him.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I'm mad this guy hasn't returned or acknowledged my emails at all

I talked to him on the phone monday of last week and emailed him that same day at his request, heard nothing back so I sent a follow up on Thursday and then still nothing so I called his office Monday and talked to another person who had been helpful before

Found out the guy was out friday and monday and helpful person said I should email him again which I did yesterday morning and I haven't heard anything yet

I've got my own shit to take care of today but I'm gonna call him tomorrow and find out when he is available to meet cause he's the guy who I had a real shit time talking to on the phone and I think I'd come off like much less of an idiot in person

Hopefully he answers and I can schedule something cause I don't want to take a day off work and camp outside his office to surprise him during his office hours but I will if it comes down to it

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    My neighbors keep blasting music loud enough to vibrate my entire home.

I'm really starting to lose my patience with them over it.

Sometimes they come in at like 3 am doing it, less loud than right now but loud enough to wake me up.

same neighbors who's kids are constantly breaking glass bottles all over the road.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I'm getting awful tired of getting rejected for new jobs

And then reading the congratulations reply all emails

And the latest one would have been a different spot inside my... division?

So the supervisor is the same as the one I have now

And I waited a week and a half after what I thought was really good interview and left an upbeat follow up message

And then my supervisor called me three says after that

And said that a person who used to have a similar position applied for it and accepted their offer

I really don't think I would have heard anything at all if I hadn't called

And I'm so annoyed I'm just thinking about leaving the whole fucking racket, but I can't find anywhere else to go and I have 14 months on my lease

• Options
    Why does my mail carrier always always stuff packages into my mailbox that don't really even fit from behind much less from my end?

This time I can't even cut the package open to get it out because it is a new Xbox pad and they stuffed it in there sideways.

I can't even get hold of the post office to get them to send the carrier back because the phone just keeps ringing.

Plus it is raining so if enough rain hits the back of the boxes it starts to steam up the inside of the box and woops then my new electronic device is all wet.

• Options
    Why does my mail carrier always always stuff packages into my mailbox that don't really even fit from behind much less from my end?

This time I can't even cut the package open to get it out because it is a new Xbox pad and they stuffed it in there sideways.

I can't even get hold of the post office to get them to send the carrier back because the phone just keeps ringing.

Plus it is raining so if enough rain hits the back of the boxes it starts to steam up the inside of the box and woops then my new electronic device is all wet.

What a shitty mail carrier.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    OK1oG5Yl.jpg

what

zK8n3y0l.jpg

what

VoaTHVil.jpg

what

I'm late to the party here, but can I really be the only one now wondering how high Willie Nelson was that he invented a biofeedback machine and sold it to a Lithuanian pseudoliterate alternative medicine expert?

I anticipate one heck of a song coming out of that.

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Stress reduction and behavioral medicine as the foundation of medical practice would be p. cool, though

somewhat related
    i'm annoyed that i'm staying on this couch and not eating or doing anything. not even goofing off, much less being productive.
    e: less annoyed with myself now that i emailed someone about it. still need to eat and take these pills, sigh.
    another e: a handful of almonds, a snickers bar and my gummy multi-vitamins don't count as a meal, but it's still improvement.

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    finally got hold of the post office a half an hour ago.

Hopefully they send the mail carrier back after their route to get my package out of my box.

Also they need to make a note to not shove packages into the boxes here.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular

I have twice come home to find UPS had "hidden" a 12+ inch tall box under my doormat.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

I have twice come home to find UPS had "hidden" a 12+ inch tall box under my doormat.

Is UPS hiring literal cartoon characters to deliver packages now?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular

Is UPS hiring literal cartoon characters to deliver packages now?

I hate that shit so very much. What's more obvious, a brown box sitting in front of the brick of my house, or my black and grey doormat suddenly jutting up and covering up part of my bright white storm door? I don't understand this logic at all. Not all of them do it either. I also detest when they leave the package right in front of the storm door that very clearly opens out, so if I'm home when they leave some larger item in front of the door I have to open my garage door and go outside that way to retrieve the package. It's not like our porch isn't huge either. It's flat and even with the driveway and is at least 12 feet long and 4 feet wide. The door is at the far end. There is more than enough room between the garage door and the front door for packages to be left. There is also a cool iron railing that kind of obscures the porch a bit anyhow. Just leave the damn package next to the door under the bay window.

And if I'm having alcohol delivered I shouldn't have to be sitting outside all day because you knock and immediately run away.

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    The drivers are not magically just shitty people. FedEx quite famously stated that those drivers were not their employees a while back, so as to not have to provide benefits. They are "sub-contractors". Fed ex/UPS give them too much shit to do in too little time, which is why they knock and run. They get stretched, and have to cut corners to hit metrics. As always, send that shit up hill.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Also they're required to conceal packages, to the best of their ability, on the front step.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
This discussion has been closed.