As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DMV] DC - Maryland - Virginia

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    My office is closed for the day, but days like these means the boyfriend is called in for a shift at the firehouse.

But he'll be home before dinner and maybe by then I won't be in pajamas.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Snow day for me

I'm bored out of my skull

Can't believe I left my 3ds at work

• Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Sassori wrote: »
    My office is closed for the day, but days like these means the boyfriend is called in for a shift at the firehouse.

But he'll be home before dinner and maybe by then I won't be in pajamas.

:winky:

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    pretty much every road is clear in south MD, but we will have to see how bad the freezing gets overnight

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Gotta remember to throw down some salt on the walk tonight

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    Hi thread: two questions.

First, we doing another PA meetup for either of the upcoming marches? I'm partial to the March for Science myself.

Second, can anyone recommend me a good activist group to get involved with in NoVA? I'm looking to meet likeminded people with which to make a difference and occasionally just hang and vent.

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Would check out meetup for the occasional hang and vent.
    Groups? Depends on what part of town you're in. Check out the local campus near you, or I'm sure they'd have an electronic thing.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I know there are a few indivisible groups. It is NoVA so lots of political folks. Also you can check the young dems or similar group.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Indivisible, that's a good one. Part of it is just syntax of looking up the name of the right group.

Thoughts on the science march?

• Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    Did anybody make it to the Mario pop-up bar at Southern Efficiency? We tried to make it out there, but the line was ridiculous even on a Tuesday. They decor was actually pretty cool, but we opted pretty quickly to not stand there for half an hour trying to get a drink.

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    the mario bar looks neat but atlas arcade is a lil more my deal if the gimmick bar thing is my mood for the evening

also with any luck I should be DCwards for longer than a week or two for the first time in years as of June - waiting to hear back from the internship I applied to but I have a pretty excellent chance of getting that since there are two slots and maybe three applicants

• Options
    I still haven't been out there, but it sounds like more fun!

I snapped a picture of the pop-up to give people an idea of it:
    lulhmqggkyrk.jpg

• Options
    i'm also just confessedly not the hugest nintendo fan at this point - not that I dislike mario, mind, but itching to wait that long in a space that crowded is not my priority

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I went to the Mario bar last week!
    The decor is cute
    The specialty drinks are actually really good
    But if you don't line up by close to 5 you'll have a wait for sure

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I really want to get a Switch party going at the Mario bar, but there's not actually a mario game out.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I really want to get a Switch party going at the Mario bar, but there's not actually a mario game out.

Next month after Mario Kart 8's been out a few weeks, that would be the time.

Still looking for folks to join me for the March for Science, btw. Even have a good idea for a sign this time.

• Options
    Mr Khan wrote: »

Still looking for folks to join me for the March for Science, btw. Even have a good idea for a sign this time.

We might be getting coerced into family time that Saturday. What time were you thinking? And where would we meet, given that it'd be hard to find each other at the mall?

• Options
    I am doing a seder on Saturday at my place which means most of the day is cleaning and cooking and not really able to speed hours going in and out of DC. I was kind of sad knowing I would miss it.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    templewulf wrote: »

We might be getting coerced into family time that Saturday. What time were you thinking? And where would we meet, given that it'd be hard to find each other at the mall?

9 - 9:30 would probably be the target time. Maybe meet in the vicinity of the Metro Center station? I think when SE++ did the Women's March that we met near Ford's Theater, although this march seems to be starting closer to the Washington Monument side.

@Mazzyx , the march i'm talking about is next weekend (Earth Day), which is after the end of Passover, right?

Mr Khan on
  • Options
    templewulf wrote: »

9 - 9:30 would probably be the target time. Maybe meet in the vicinity of the Metro Center station? I think when SE++ did the Women's March that we met near Ford's Theater, although this march seems to be starting closer to the Washington Monument side.

Mazzyx , the march i'm talking about is next weekend (Earth Day), which is after the end of Passover, right?

Oh yeah, I was combining it with the Tax Day march which is tomorrow because there is a march pretty much every week.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Slacker71Slacker71 subgenius RentonRegistered User regular
    I'm at the embassy suites by BWI tonight. What's there to see and do?

• Options
    There is a cool airport near there

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Slacker71 wrote: »
    I'm at the embassy suites by BWI tonight. What's there to see and do?

Kwoaru

• Options
    Slacker71Slacker71 subgenius RentonRegistered User regular
    I ended up at cracker barrel
    I'm driving to colonial Williamsburg tomorrow.

• Options
    there is a busch gardens near there

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Hey, that's where I grew up!

It's basically all just Busch Gardens or historical stuff, that's really it.

• Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    The DPW is trying a new program to reduce the amount of food waste we produce. They set up collection points for compostable waste at farmer's markets around the district on Saturdays. If you're interested in doing this, all the information is here: https://dpw.dc.gov/foodwastedropoff.
    I bought one of those Oxo plastic pails for compost on amazon and a roll of biodegradable plastic bags made specifically for compost. I had to buy a second pail since we eat so many vegetables, plus coffee grounds every morning. Both are full by the end of the week. Eastern Market's my drop-off point, and that's a mile and a half from here. I get a nice three mile walk in before the Saturday craft beer and video game ritual. Also I found a homemade pickle vendor at the market.
    One of the odd things on the unacceptable materials list is the "biodegradable plastics and packaging", and I mean to ask the folks manning the booth about that tomorrow. So many of the fast casual take out restaurants and food trucks use those "biodegradable" paper bowls and trays with the corn plastic lids.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    I went to a game dev meetup in DC today. The meetup was great, and everyone there was super cool!

The venue, however, was Bravo Bravo. Apparently, it's a basement bar, and for happy hour they serve a mildew smell.

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Oooh, that sounds nice.
    I played booth babe at the conference in Baltimore and the street next to the conference center served a symphony of smells, each different and more gross than the last.

Are we doing a meeting thing this month?

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    Oooh, that sounds nice.
    I played booth babe at the conference in Baltimore and the street next to the conference center served a symphony of smells, each different and more gross than the last.

Are we doing a meeting thing this month?

I'm game, depending on the day.

• Options
    My birthday is next Friday. I'm working that day but if y'all wanna celebrate with me on the weekend I'm happy to oblige

• Options
    Heck yeah where we goin?

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Ah dang I am on a four-day camping trip next weekend

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    One day I will actually make one of these.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    One day I will actually make one of these.

You made that one drinking thing with Modern Man and me god knows how long ago.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Yeah, that was ages. I need to do it again.

• Options
    I will probably be able to make that. Keep us posted on time / place!

• Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Heck yeah where we goin?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm open to Baltimore or DC or in between

• Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    There's a big beer and wine festival going on here at the Navy Yard metro stop on july 1st and 2nd called Red White and Brew. Might be something you all would enjoy?

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Depending on where it is I may be able to make Friday? I don't have a car and am in the Alexandria area, so basically anywhere metro accessible works unless folks want to carpool.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786