As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] FF14 Banner 1 in under 2 hours. Take a hit of Tums, then pass it on.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    So is it possible to have Meltdown, Tritoch, Northern Cross, and Affliction Break?

• Options
    mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular
    Do you mean do they compete for crystals? The answer to that question is yes (northern cross/valigarmanda fight over ice, affliction break/northern cross fight over power).

Or just whether you can create them all?

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    There was a post on the subreddit recently, let me find it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/5k5jsa/choose_wisely_all_possible_6_ability_combinations/

That claims no, the only 4 ability combination without overlapping crystal requirements is Affliction Break, Meltdown, Reraise and Valigarmanda (Tritoch). That said, Northern Cross only overlaps on Power with Affliction Break and Ice with Tritoch so it is potentially possible, though Ice would likely be more of a sticking point than Power. Also good luck honing Tritoch any time soon.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Hmm. This is going to be difficult then. I kind of want to make Curada as well.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    So is it possible to have Meltdown, Tritoch, Northern Cross, and Affliction Break?

This is the combo I'm making, except swap Snowspell Strike for Northern Cross (which use the exact same orbs, except SS costs 10/6/6 less)

I also made the Knight one, but I'm not making Curada.

By my reckoning, if you want an R2 Valiagarmandia in like, late February, you need to farm 4 Summon Crystals off of this FFV ultimate.

Rius on
  • Options
    I checked and the Machinist 6* Penalty Snipe is both Ice primary and a nearly useless ability, so you could probably get 10-15 Ice Crystals that way. If we ever get the Bard 6* Allegro Con Moto that uses the same crystals as Curada, though with Earth primary instead of White.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Hmm. This is going to be difficult then. I kind of want to make Curada as well.

My main argument over not creating Cruada first has been the lack of uses, and the fact that I rarely have room for more than one direct heal ability in my party at one time.

• Options
    I believe the typical use case of Curada is as the only direct heal on a White Mage that has a BSB with a direct heal command (Eiko, Aerith, Relm, Y'shtola come to mind, there are likely others). I don't see it being overly useful otherwise, even though it starts at 4 uses at r1 like the other heals.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    chrisnl wrote: »
    I believe the typical use case of Curada is as the only direct heal on a White Mage that has a BSB with a direct heal command (Eiko, Aerith, Relm, Y'shtola come to mind, there are likely others). I don't see it being overly useful otherwise, even though it starts at 4 uses at r1 like the other heals.

Yeah, this. Actually, a lot of six star abilities seem to depend on have a BSB to balance their lack of hones.

Well, Tritoch would be for Torment Three Pigs, combined with Grand Cross RW or Alphinaud BsB.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »

Yeah, this. Actually, a lot of six star abilities seem to depend on have a BSB to balance their lack of hones.

Well, Tritoch would be for Torment Three Pigs, combined with Grand Cross RW or Alphinaud BsB.

Grand Cross can be used to good effect on BLM/WHM spells, the same way Indo Blade fuels Snowspell Strike, so hones aren't strictly necessary if you're using them. Exdeath is almost always going to have a spot on my mage team with R1 Curada/R1 Meltdown and some fire+ gear.

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    My minimum plan for 6*s is Curaja R2, Affliction Break R2 then whatever else is a good enough DPS increase. The 6*s really feel like they're meant to supplement BSBs for the most part. I wonder if Omega Drive is worth it when my primary physical damager is a ChainCharger

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I really want it to be Saturday night so I can spend my 4 pulls already.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »

Maybe it'll only be one pull and you'll find yourself with 150 spare Mythril

• Options

Maybe it'll only be one pull and you'll find yourself with 150 spare Mythril

lol

Any time I save for a hype banner I always get punched in the face.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    What will we even do when that XIV event is behind us?

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I have 8 pulls set aside for XIV. I plan to try hitting both banners because I love that whole dumb cast.

I expect to get nothing. I'm ready to be salty af.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Enlong wrote: »

I'm sure some people will be vibrating for TGCid but I think that banner is kind of a trap.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    It's Cid Raines you should aim for.

• Options
    Oh awesome. I have enough orbs to hone Chain Thundaga, if I invest all the MTOs and MWOs I currently.

Or, I could hone Powerchain to R3, to go with my R3 Full Charge. Can't do both.

...I could get Chain Thundaga to R2, and Powerchain to R3. That would kick my stock of MWOs down to 0 as well, though.

...I think I'll hold onto the orbs until I come up against a fight that screams out for lightning, or Lightning. No sense in spending on one or the other right away.

• Options
    Cid Raines kinda also a trap, in a different way imo. That banner is fine, but I decided to move my pull there over to the FFX banner with a billion faithgas or the summoner nightmare, since Cid Raines' BSB is incredible to RW and the banner doesn't really blow me away.

Unless FF14 decides to give me potato gloves on the first pull or something.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I've gotten far too used to RWing healing or defensive things. The idea of using the RW for damage seems nice but I'd definitely have to redo my entire party. It's why I want Raines native. Also he's the only good part of XIII.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited December 2016

Try for Rikku BSB again.

It'll happen this time!

I'm confident!

(No it won't.)

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular

Start saving up for 6 months for Lightning's BSB2 + second EnLightning SB. And try to get Ashe's BSB.

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options

Save for Prishe banner. XI is gonna happen!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I hope I get a decent relic within 100 mythril tomorrow (looking for either of Alphs, Potatoes and Y'shtola's BSB)

• Options
    My sole target is Y'shtola BSSB. Anything else is welcome but that's my priority and I'll throw the entire stack at it if I have to.

Though I might save(read buy if I waste everything in the first due to poor impulse control) two pulls worth for banner 2 on the super lucky off chance I can score something there. Can't just ignore it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I've got 300 mithril right now. That's 6 pulls. I'm fully prepared to spend all 6 pulls hunting Y'shtola's BSB. Hopefully I don't have to. I'd like to save some mithril to pull on the Cid Raines banner, and I'd like some mithril to pull on the FFT banner 1. Actually, the FFT banner is 5 events away, including tomorrow's XIV event. I will without a doubt have 50 mithril by then, even if I blow my entire stack on XIV tomorrow.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Any of Minfilia's relics would let her replace Ramza for me, since her WHM 5 access would let me take Protectga without having to use a bar on Tailwind. Y'shtola's BSB would be great for a mixed or mage team, and Alphinaud's stuff would be awesome as well.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

I'm sure some people will be vibrating for TGCid but I think that banner is kind of a trap.

Eh, it's not bad. There's an imperil holy on there, stock heal, hyper break... It's not a bad banner at all.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    My current plans are

Yshtola BSB - 50
    Summon Nightmare - 50
    Quistis OSB - 50
    Lulu BSB - 50
    Agrias OSB - 50
    50 just in case another festival banner actually looks good somehow.
    Ultros banner maybe I don't know

100 extra mythril set aside somewhere along the way for repeat pulls on any of those banners where the first pull just completely whiffs. Maybe a second 50 set aside for Quistis.

Beyond the next festival horizon
    Maybe Ramza USB/Rapha. That's...basically it.

Which is good probably, because Several-Months-Away festival looks like it's worth saving for, with the 4OSB/6BSB/2SSB format.

• Options
    Roulette prize table complete! The house has cut me off.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    When is the next 4* Mote dungeon? It feels like it has been a really long time since the last one.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Mote dungeons have been replaced with MP raids. Each new raid has a specific 4* mote given as the reward. So if you really need more Bravery motes and you're already done with Gilgamesh, you'll have to wait through 4 more events for it to cycle back around.

FFV being stuck up there for 2 and a half weeks is a fucking bummer. It's not my favourite FF by a longshot, and the content has been cleared for a while now. Tomorrow 8PM EST can't come soon enough.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Main account: Roulette complete, 3400 chips leftover so far.

Alt account: 302 prizes remain.

RNG in action. The alt has even spent 120 more stamina so far (had more to start the event, and is currently lower in stamina on the bar).

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    How glorious would it have been if you could straight trade in your chips for things you actually wanted, in endless amounts. Who am I kidding that would never happen

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Mote dungeons have been replaced with MP raids. Each new raid has a specific 4* mote given as the reward. So if you really need more Bravery motes and you're already done with Gilgamesh, you'll have to wait through 4 more events for it to cycle back around.

FFV being stuck up there for 2 and a half weeks is a fucking bummer. It's not my favourite FF by a longshot, and the content has been cleared for a while now. Tomorrow 8PM EST can't come soon enough.

Yeah as much as I love orbfest and don't want them to stop, not getting new events for two weeks can get rough. I do like this Wards of the Crystal event though.

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    So when we had the big mode extravaganza for the various classes I missed the last set of motes because I mistimed the event by a day. As a result I'm missing a ton of class motes. Do we ever get more of those?

• Options
    The upcoming new series of dungeons (for us, they'll be called Torment) are where you get class motes now. It's one fight across multiple difficulties; D200 and D250, and it's the boss fight preceded by waves of difficult trash. There'll be a Cid Mission for the D200 difficulty, and between all three sets of rewards one will get 6* crystals, class motes and... I dunno, other stuff. I had it all straight in my head a while ago but lost it.

The Cid Mission is for 6* crystals, I know that much, so as long as you have a strong A-team with some BSBs you'll be able to get the class mote prizes.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    How glorious would it have been if you could straight trade in your chips for things you actually wanted, in endless amounts. Who am I kidding that would never happen

10:1 for gysahl greens would have been alright.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    Started this a couple of days ago, because apparently FFBE still leaves me with too much time to waste. Did two 11-pulls (one on the half-price banner) and got Baartz SSB, Penelo's BSB, Aerith's Ribbon, and Thyrus (woo?).

I've been doing easy content for stamina and mythril, but it's super dull - two minutes of auto-attacking then wait two hours for stamina to refill. I've barely even seen the various SBs I have. As a time-waster this game is far too efficient. Or inefficient. I want to try some harder content, especially on the limited time events, but my experience with FFBE is that everything is easy right up until your entire team gets one-hit, and I don't want to waste the little stamina I have. But I suppose it's inevitable.

Anyway, hello I'm playing this game now too.

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
This discussion has been closed.