As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. [MOVIES]

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Chris Pratt has been doing a thing on his Instagram where he is cropping Jennifer Lawrence out of all of his press tour pictures for Passengers

and I thought it was a fun goof and now I think it's just cause he thinks she's annoying

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Mr. G wrote: »

Chris Pratt was most definitely not ready to hear this story and is working overtime to hide his abject horror on national TV

Holy living shit I was not prepared for this. There needs to be a warning attached to this video because fuck

Chris Pratt lived homeless in Maui for a few years, I totally believe that he is screaming on the inside during this story

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »
    Warcraft looked great and then I didn't watch it. I am part of the problem.
    Warcraft was a really solid Warcraft adaptation for both good and ill

I really liked it, personally, but it is dumb as all hell and doesn't ever stop to let any of its characters actually develop or breathe for more than a few minutes

Every scene in that movie is between one and five minutes too short.

sarukun on
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    here i was going to talk about how the movie siren, i have realized, is my pacific rim only to once again have my day end with hating white people

but for real, siren is a movie with an amazing flavor ruined by terrible protagonists

the titular siren is a proper wild animal. at times you may think it is beautiful and helpless, but no. that demon lady is horrifying and will murder all you love.

the main plot is about a bachelor party gone wrong and it seems like it'll be a bordello of blood sitch.

see there's this travelling brothel full of demons that traffic in memories. ie: you pay with good memories, and they can give you bad memories via this demon with leeches for hair. she'll put the leech in your drink and you'll say, think your drinking a tequila worm or something.

and they get a lot of mileage out of it!

spoiler (for anyone who is going to watch this movie. if you aren't, totally open this up. it's a cool moment i don't want to ruin for you if you plan on watching)
    so like at one point, the villain tortures the protagonist's friend, uses leech demon to steal the memory of it, and forces the protagonist to drink it as a way to show HE MEANS BUSINESS, so the protag has to feel every bit of pain the dude did, then he caps it off with an obi-wan to leia style message

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular

Chris Pratt was most definitely not ready to hear this story and is working overtime to hide his abject horror on national TV

These things don't play on my phone, can someone give me the cliff notes?

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Ok, I am backing out of this rabbit hhole because now that story has also led me to kinda shitty stories about Pratt now too, and Anna Faris, and I don't want to be any sadder.

Why can't people stop sucking?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016

Spoiled because... reasons?
    Jennifer told a story about how you're not supposed to sit on these sacred rocks in Hawai'i, because exposing them to genitalia is wrong. That's not why they're sacred I'd imagine, but that's one of the rules when you're near them. But Jennfer was wearing a wetsuit, so that made it okay because her butt really itched so she's rubbing on this one particular rock, and it comes loose and rolls down the hill/mountain... and that's where I stopped watching because fuck that shit.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I saw Marley & Me with my mom and sisters. They got incredibly pissed off and sad at the end, and I'm sitting here like...there's literally no other way to end this movie, guys, what did you think was going to happen

Your reminder that they made a sequel to Marley an Me. But now the dog can talk and wtf is going on.

I had a friend who was super excited that he was going to work on the sequel to Marley and me. I couldn't help thinking "So it's called... Me?"

• Options
    Tube wrote: »
    I saw Marley & Me with my mom and sisters. They got incredibly pissed off and sad at the end, and I'm sitting here like...there's literally no other way to end this movie, guys, what did you think was going to happen

Your reminder that they made a sequel to Marley an Me. But now the dog can talk and wtf is going on.

I had a friend who was super excited that he was going to work on the sequel to Marley and me. I couldn't help thinking "So it's called... Me?"

Dammit Tube, I was drinking something when I read this.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    SabreMau wrote: »

Is there a movie about Four Opera singers getting ready to sing called "Me Me Me Me" ?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

Is there a movie about Four Opera singers getting ready to sing called "Me Me Me Me" ?

I was able to drink just fine throughout reading this post.
    <3

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

I was able to drink just fine throughout reading this post.
    <3

Some would say a post like that would actually encourage drinking

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Relevant to the do in a movie tangent:

https://youtu.be/1jLOOCADTGs

The most emotionally manipulating movie ever made.

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    HooverFan wrote: »
    I remember seeing something about Rundown and Rock and people basically pushing Seann William Scott as just stiffler and I think i'd be remiss if I didn't link what I believe is one of the greatest comedies of the past few years...

not to mention i'm linking the NSFW sequel trailer afterwards that I cannot wait for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfOZaquIhG8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch1_SliHPbE

Why have I not heard of this movie before. This is great.

Also great, somebody said Where the Red Fern Grows and yup fuck it, I didn't want any liquid in my eyes today anyways.

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Goon is my favorite sports movie and this is the first Goon 2 trailer I've seen and it looks...weird? Like is that a battle royale style hockey fight there with George Parros?

Granted the first Goon trailer I saw was terrible and it ended up, well, being my favorite sports movie so who knows.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    sig.gif
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Deadfall wrote: »
    Goon is my favorite sports movie and this is the first Goon 2 trailer I've seen and it looks...weird? Like is that a battle royale style hockey fight there with George Parros?

Granted the first Goon trailer I saw was terrible and it ended up, well, being my favorite sports movie so who knows.

Yeah just finished watching Goon and that was great. The second one just looks, I dunno, off.

Hoping to be surprised.

EDIT: Actually yeah, I think part of it, maybe a big part, is watching those two trailers in order.

The trailer for Goon gives you some information, what to expect.

The trailer for Goon 2 is just "Here are random scenes and oh hey Rhea is back."

Docshifty on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Ok, I am backing out of this rabbit hhole because now that story has also led me to kinda shitty stories about Pratt now too, and Anna Faris, and I don't want to be any sadder.

Why can't people stop sucking?

Yeah, if what I've read is true (and I can find nothing disputing it/plenty supporting it) then I'm really disappointed in them both. Forcing someone to give up an animal because of a pregnancy when you're fucking richer than most people is so much bullshit I can't even stand it. Then to never lift a finger to find the dog you adopted when you are contractually obligated to fucking do something about it pisses me off as well. My mother has a dog from that same group, and my wife did some volunteer work for them at an affiliated private shelter here in MA. The work they do is too important and taxing to fucking nonchalantly go "oh well" when the pet they gave you vanishes.

Fuck, now I'm so pissed off, fuck Passengers. I am not strong enough to write off GotG2 because I want to support Bautista. But fuck Pratt.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Oh man

Moana was really really good

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »

Jennifer told a story about how you're not supposed to sit on these sacred rocks in Hawai'i, because exposing them to genitalia is wrong. That's not why they're sacred I'd imagine, but that's one of the rules when you're near them. But Jennfer was wearing a wetsuit, so that made it okay because her butt really itched so she's rubbing on this one particular rock, and it comes loose and rolls down the hill/mountain... and that's where I stopped watching because fuck that shit.
    She then says it nearly killed a camera man (and laughs like this is a hilarious mishap and not a terrifying near-miss safety fuck-up she caused) and then further laughs about locals saying she cursed them. It's really fucking bad.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Docshifty wrote: »
    Deadfall wrote: »

Yeah just finished watching Goon and that was great. The second one just looks, I dunno, off.

Hoping to be surprised.

EDIT: Actually yeah, I think part of it, maybe a big part, is watching those two trailers in order.

The trailer for Goon gives you some information, what to expect.

The trailer for Goon 2 is just "Here are random scenes and oh hey Rhea is back."

Which I'm not sure how I feel about Rhea returning because his arc/climax is pretty satisfying in the first movie.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Fucking tourists.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2016

She then says it nearly killed a camera man (and laughs like this is a hilarious mishap and not a terrifying near-miss safety fuck-up she caused) and then further laughs about locals saying she cursed them. It's really fucking bad.

I liked her a lot better when she was just "that whacky girl at awards shows." I also read a thing with her recently where she said that people who interact with her in public "terrify" her. Well holy fucking shit, you must have some out of control anxiety. I can't imagine how you deal on a day to day basis with anyone who isn't on a fucking movie set and oh my god I just can't anymore. I need to not ever read about anyone in media ever. Fall back to my standard reaction which is to hate the artist not the art.

Fawst on
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »

I liked her a lot better when she was just "that whacky girl at awards shows." I also read a thing with her recently where she said that people who interact with her in public "terrify" her. Well holy fucking shit, you must have some out of control anxiety. I can't imagine how you deal on a day to day basis with anyone who isn't on a fucking movie set and oh my god I just can't anymore. I need to not ever read about anyone in media ever. Fall back to my standard reaction which is to hate the artist not the art.

I've heard enough stalker stories to not blame anyone famous for being afraid of people on the street.

But yeah that story about the stone is fucking awful oh my god.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Baywatch looks great

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    lord, people, we all make mistakes.

she was drunkenly retelling an embarassing story from when she was 22. those do not strike me as dismissive laughs so much as, "Yeah, that was stupid on multiple levels."

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    We just had a tourist sweep a campfire off of a famous peak and start a wildfire that burned up something like 88 acres just a couple miles from my house.

I'll cope to being a bit touchy about bad tourist stories*

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I read reactions and then went back and watched that video and it seems like we have some overreaction? I was expecting her to say that she fully supported trump or murdered a hobo.

Also saying Pratt lived in Hawaii for two years so he must be so angry. Hah.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Ah good, the part where people come in and tell us how to feel. Not enough to just have a different reaction, gotta make sure everyone else knows how wrong theirs is too!

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    not you, Gustav, 'fuck tourists' is pretty much always valid

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    BOY ZAC EFRON SURE HAS NICE ABS

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    pooka wrote: »

I never had road rage until my neighbor was a national park.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    you'll have to pardon me for expressing an opinion

...which does not invalidate others'

e: hugs, Chincy. the abs hold no sway for me, but good on ya.

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    you'll have to pardon me for expressing an opinion

...which does not invalidate others'

e: hugs, Chincy. the abs hold no sway for me, but good on ya.

(I was commenting more on Thelonius' post than yours)

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular

i dunno about that, when i was applying for my mortgage the bank really raised a stink of me listing "fuck tourist" as my occupation

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options

i dunno about that, when i was applying for my mortgage the bank really raised a stink of me listing "fuck tourist" as my occupation

Naw down on the square at the historic bank of Kingston, Arkansaw they'll down right shake yer paw and give you an un'spected loan for sayin' such a thing.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    The Polar Express: The IMAX 3D Experience is apparently coming to IMAX theaters for one week starting Friday. Apparently Fantastic Beasts is getting old and they don't have anything else exciting to play in the IMAX auditoriums before Rogue One hits next week.

• Options
    edited December 2016
    So Johnson's tweet was a little confusing: are we getting a red band trailer for Baywatch, or was he just saying "trailer tomorrow for the R-rated film, Baywatch"?

The UK version isn't "red band" but it's totally the NSFW version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvVY0AfrOiw

Fawst on
This discussion has been closed.