Options

[League of Legends] Preseason is upon us!

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    I don't care about ifs. TSM is the best team in NA, it's just NA as a region just cannot compete with the best teams in the world.

Then what's the point of the post before? "it cracks you up" that people have a decent reason for wanting to see a different team playing for their region that may be able to do better and therefore get more rewards for their region as a whole? Winning MSI isn't the only thing on the line you know.

If you don't care about any of that then why talk about it? What's funny about people wanting a different team in there?

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Well this SKT/GAM match is already one of the most amazing(/asburd/terrible) League of Legends games of all time.

11 minutes in.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    Peanut is 14-0 in under 12 minutes.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    I've not been watching comp League very long, but I already feel like I've been saying "Oh Turtle, why?"
    for my entire life because I've said it so many times.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Turtle either needs to start having some map awareness and positioning or stop playing immobile carries.

I feel like every time I see him on Ashe or Jhin he's either way too far back to do anything or dead from being too far forwards

Khavall on
  • Options
    Also regarding the discussion about C9 being a better representative for NA at international competition, I think the last couple years have shown pretty clearly that they play better in international play even when TSM beats them in domestic competition. TSM dominates the NA meta, but C9 adapts to other metas better.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    I just can't believe they haven't adapted to what's happening at MSI better. Jesus, I'm a TSM fan and it is almost entirely indefensible.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    So backstory: I have a 1-month old. When you have a 1-month-old, you watch a lot of TV. This includes basically whatever's on. I've learned what Cricket is and the rules because sometimes I need to spend time with the baby who just needs companionship, but also I've exhausted TV.

So when there's a LoL tournament, that's on the TV now. My wife, for whom "Ticket to Ride" is about the most experimental she'll get with games, comes to me today.

She comes home after a walk today and goes "The worst thing happened today. I was at PharmaSave. And I saw a guy in a sweater.

...And I recognized the sweater...

...He's a Cloud 9 fan"

• Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    Have you ever played with a person so bad at his champion that you question if you're actually playing or having a waking nightmare? I was auto filled as support with a Lee Sin who I believe was playing with his feet.

I wonder if this is what it's like to have Svenskeren on my team.

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Hey, also I just learned that my University, despite sucking at most sports, is apparently great at LoL

The CSL(Collegiate StarLeague) Grand finals are now streaming, featuring SFU(WHOOOOO) v UBC(BOOOOOO).

Also Vancouver I guess is great at League.

Khavall on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    TSM/GAM
    Biofrost, you were one of the few lights, what the fuck was that level 1

Oh thank god Sven

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Spectrum wrote: »
    TSM/GAM

Oh thank god Sven
    Good job to claw things back and get a lead but this is still very much in swing.

Hauntzer is pretty big and they need to do something with it.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    TSM/GAM

Oh thank god Sven
    Good job to claw things back and get a lead but this is still very much in swing.

Hauntzer is pretty big and they need to do something with it.
    There we go, that's a fucking big croc.

TSM Gromp :D

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    Guys.

Guys. About this MSI...
    I think Gigabyte Marines is pretty good at League of Legends.

• Options
    Holy shit, that elder dragon steal by
    Bjergsen

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    Holy shit, that baron steal by
    Maple.

... albeit that one was more of a throw by TSM.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    TSM continuing the proud tradition of Dyvim only picking incredibly vexing teams to support.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    TSM/FW
    My fucking heart

Props to Hauntzer stepping up huge late after a very slow start and Bjerg doing Bjerg things most of the game. Down in lane to Syndra's outskill (olol) potential, no problem

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    TSM should have won that game 15 minutes ago, instead they played passively and stalled out a game they had a big advantage against Caitlyn with fucking Nunu to enable her late-game.

They frustrate me so much.

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    facetious wrote: »
    TSM should have won that game 15 minutes ago, instead they played passively and stalled out a game they had a big advantage against Caitlyn with fucking Nunu to enable her late-game.

They frustrate me so much.
    I am no longer an Earthling. That match has tilted me off the face of the Earth. TSM just faffed around and let G2 dictate the pace for the last 20 minutes of that game, and it is maddening.

• Options
    TSM playing timidly again. They have Shen with ult + tp advantage, rotate bot.. then back off. Then Taliyah roams top and kills Shen 2v1.

So aggravating.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    @Casual Eddy I tried playing Karma mid after you suggested it, and I also saw a guy (painlessdeath22, support main/chill stream) play it on stream, and it is awesome!
    I did not feel like playing Lux into Fizz, and went Chalice Morello for 40% cdr and All The Mana. Top lane was bad but botlane was good so I could help defend the adc and in general just had a lot of fun zipping around the map. Really nice lane pushing early as well.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Tiebreaker
    TSM deserved to lose this one. Mind-boggling draft, questionable bans, letting Taliyah go through again (did getting ruined by it once not teach them anything?) and then just boneheaded plays on top of this one.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    also I'm a midlaner now I guess?
    wsuutpimgf8t.png
    I want to play adc but I have way more control of the game like this--at the moment, anyway. I'm probably going to start running into people who can just straightup outlane me mid some time, then I can probably go back to playing adc where my laning is stronger, I think.

• Options
    IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    Fun night of League last night with friends. Picked up a level 7 token for Elise (pay no attention that their top laner never connected...though their jungler was pretty rubbish), picked up a box for jungle Braum (fun! Also not good but better than it should be and our mid laner was very encouraging), got carried as ADC. The last game was kind of meh--two damage-heavy comps with us falling behind, and I went for a greedy Evelynn build--but still a good night.

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • Options
    oops I lost 30 lp last night by playing while ridiculously tired

sort of didn't realize it until I lost a couple games, because of course that's the thing with being mentally not with it, is that you can't necessarily sense it until you realize you haven't looked at the minimap in like 30 minutes and you have not even been tracking enemy champions in a fight and you just walk up and die

It was so obvious that my jungler politely asked me to focus, but I couldn't :(

• Options
    How do we feel about the concept of ping-muting?

I'm worried that people will mute pings when they angrily mute chat, and then communication will dissolve entirely. I'm not sure the ability to mute rude/troll pings is worth the possible breakdown in player communication.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    I like having the option, since half the time when I mute a troll (even though I don't even tell them I'm muting them) I get ping spammed

The mere existence of the option may stop people from doing it, since they know it can be muted now

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    Since a troll has to troll, I wonder what the new hotness will be once ping muting becomes more accepted as happening.

• Options
    Penumbra wrote: »
    Since a troll has to troll, I wonder what the new hotness will be once ping muting becomes more accepted as happening.

Inting is always a popular option!

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »

Inting is always a popular option!

Thank god surrender at 15 will be a thing. Though if someone is intent on trolling, you will probably not get the surrender til 20.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    I think I'll actually like the Rammus rework that hit today, but I have no idea A) why Riot did it and B) why it couldn't have been one of the "tank updates." It's fine that they spaced them out, I guess, but they'll have had Amumu, Rammus, and (arguably, if you consider her a tank) Rek'sai in the space of like four patches. Galio also wasn't too long ago.

Also, does it bother anyone else that they are really inconsistent in what they term a "rework" v. "update" v. whatever other terms they want to use?

Me elsewhere:
  • Options
    I like the Reksai update that's coming along soon.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Been playing with a friend from uni and whoever he can pick up. The end result is that I usually end up mid or support, which is new and interesting. Feels good to be getting good at Ori and Janna again.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Wasn't there supposed to be a option on LOL's twitch page to filter by Champion? All I see is filtering by language.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Wasn't there supposed to be a option on LOL's twitch page to filter by Champion? All I see is filtering by language.

You have to link your League account to Twitch.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Ah, alright. I'll take care of that when I have the time to update the LoL client.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    I have become that which I hate. I have become The Baddie.

(AP) Maokai is kinda busted on Ascension, and no one seems to be banning him. Sure, his little buddies don't last as long as Teemo's shrooms, but they do what those do better.

• Options
    I have become that which I hate. I have become The Baddie.

(AP) Maokai is kinda busted on Ascension, and no one seems to be banning him. Sure, his little buddies don't last as long as Teemo's shrooms, but they do what those do better.

You. Monster.

(BRB have new thing to try)

Oh, I saw a full crit Illaoi who did like 1k with her W, which was pretty great. And the enemy Brand called me a tryhard for playing Trundle.

Me elsewhere:
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Hello, frands! Word on the street is that Blizzard gave away a free Genji pack to Twitch subscribers for Dyrus, Voyboy, and Scarra, due to their participation in the Tryhard for Good event.

I, for one, would love it if more of you played HotS. Please use this as an excuse to try it out!

If not, then maybe hook a brother up with a free pack? =P