As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Digital Card Games] – Finally, a Morrowind sequel

• Options
    BertezBertezBertezBertez Registered User regular
    I'll second Shardbound is real good. Unlike Deulyst it feels like positioning actually matters.

...but I would say that

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    Sometimes I feel like the last hearthstone Stan on these forums. Anyone got a username they wanna let me add? I've been testing out a lot of quest decks lately and it'd be nice to have someone I'm familiar with to talk to about them between matches as opposed to the randos on casual mode

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Also for the record, the Paladin quest is by far the worst and also the most fun card from this new set. Second is definitely the warrior quest

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I just go to G+T for their hearthstone thread, enough SE++ guys bleed into it that it feels like the only thread we need

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    I just go to G+T for their hearthstone thread, enough SE++ guys bleed into it that it feels like the only thread we need

Yah, lots of discussion going on over there, and plenty of people to add listed in the OP.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    ps i hit legend for the first time this month yaaas

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Also for the record, the Paladin quest is by far the worst and also the most fun card from this new set. Second is definitely the warrior quest

i hope you mean you find it second fun, because it's certainly not second worst

it's one of the strongest decks

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Oh yeah taunt warrior is definitely one of the stronger decks out there

I do not have nearly as much fun with it as Quest Murlocs as Pally though

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    I'll second Shardbound is real good. Unlike Deulyst it feels like positioning actually matters.

@BertezBertez hey add me, Cog#5998

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    warlock quest is the worst

6 discards is WAY too much and the reward is pretty dumpster

• Options
    edited April 2017
    I feel like warlock quest needs...something. It's moreso the decks I've seen testing it out that are bad as opposed to the quest itself.

Like, instead of wanting to be in a zoo/midrange deck I think it'd work much better as a slower control deck.

It's weird to say but I think it needs something like dark bargain or a boardwipe that can discard stuff or more silverware golem style cards

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    we have a boardwipe that discards things his name is Deathwing

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    And he is my favorite Big Boy but he's only worth it when The Time is Right

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    there's a lot of various ways you could explain why the warlock quest is bad but my preferred statistic is this:

if you wanted to build say taunt warrior, you have 39 different cards to choose from to put in your deck (5 legendaries), and you can carefully select from that pool the most optimal choices for your particular deck and the meta it's up against

if you want to build quest warlock, you have 6. so you better hope they're good because you basically have to jam them all! except succubus. succubus is trash.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »
    Yowzers

It plays 4 Corrupts, your favorite card (I think?).

• Options
    For their anniversary, Duelyst is running a unique draft mode in which you can draft cards from any faction for your deck

https://news.duelyst.com/duelyst-patch-1-84/

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    So I started playing Shadowverse on my phone because it was mentioned in the OP, and now I'm making plans to make a Swordcraft deck with nothing but maids.

Please help.

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    HamHamJ wrote: »
    So I started playing Shadowverse on my phone because it was mentioned in the OP, and now I'm making plans to make a Swordcraft deck with nothing but maids.

Please help.

The moment you noticed their maid-ness you've already gone too weeb. I'm afraid there's nothing that can be done.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    HamHamJ wrote: »

Please help.

The moment you noticed their maid-ness you've already gone too weeb. I'm afraid there's nothing that can be done.

No I mean please help me make this deck. I have no idea what is good in this game yet.

Playing around in the deck builder, I came up with:

Maid Leader ×3
    Luminous Knight ×3
    Gunner Maid Seria ×3
    Gelt, Vice Captain ×3
    Conscription ×3
    Fencer ×3
    Snippy Gardener ×3
    White Paladin ×3
    Giant Slayer ×3
    Amelia, Silver Paladin ×1
    Stratagem ×3
    Monika, Cloudhall Admiral ×2
    Onslaught ×3
    Support Cannon ×2
    Swordwhip Maid ×2

The idea I guess is being very aggressive and rushing down and just spamming lots of relatively cheap officers and commanders? I think that might need more card draw though?

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    Swordcraft is I think my least played class, so I'm no help there.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    i don't play shadowverse but generally speaking building your deck around a character design theme usually is much weaker than just say going "i'm gonna build an aggro deck" and putting all the best aggro in

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    i don't play shadowverse but generally speaking building your deck around a character design theme usually is much weaker than just say going "i'm gonna build an aggro deck" and putting all the best aggro in

otoh, sometimes it's fun to take a dumb idea and make it as competitive as possible while retaining the spirit of the deck

ie pretty much everything I do in card games :P

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I love wowcredor's Hearthstone videos. He's dedicated to building silly decks in Hearthstone and occasionally it works. I think the recent one that was not a trash fire was his "egg deck." But usually they don't win.

• Options
    I watched Crendor (along with TB and Jessie and Dodger and the gang) for a while, but...

iunno, about halfway through college something about them started grating on me

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Same, but I still watch crendor's stuff. I appreciate his devotion to "non-content".

• Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    Shardbound added steam achievements on the last patch that give out a lot of card box, currency, and new card rewards. They dole out a ton of boxes to new players, it's pretty easy to make a decent deck on budget.

And it's fun as shit.

There's some community tournaments with twitch streaming and commentators already.

• Options
    eternal's been localized to 8+ more languages, which always makes me happy to see

a company that can afford localization is usually a company whose game is doing well and they can be confident in

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    You know what bugs me? The Rogue's Envenom Weapon doesn't apply with Blade Fury. I guess it would be too good, but it seems like it would be a fun combo.

• Options
    can't let blade flurry ever be good again don'tcha know

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular

well yeah I mean they're gonna find a way for Rogue to be both a fair class and an effective class, as we can see fro--wait shit.

• Options
    admanb wrote: »

well yeah I mean they're gonna find a way for Rogue to be both a fair class and an effective class, as we can see fro--wait shit.

The class with a bunch of 0 cost cards is stilll a broken mess. Surprise!

• Options
    Also giving the class with the best or maybe second best single eager removal a massively powerful aoe removal as well is not a great idea

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Also giving the class with the best or maybe second best single eager removal a massively powerful aoe removal as well is not a great idea

Sure but we were talking about Rogue

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    PiptheFair wrote: »

Sure but we were talking about Rogue

Yes which has excellent single target removal presently

The overnerf to flurry was real dumb and it needs to be brought back to 2 mana but making envenom work with it would be absolutely insane

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Rogue is like, third best for single-target. Warrior>Mage>Rogue. Both Warrior and Mage have comparably reliable mass removal to Rogue.

And the big problem with Blade Flurry was that it doubled as AoE removal and direct damage, which played into everything Rogue wanted to do.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    the only reason rogue is even in the conversation for single target removal is that they printed assassinate on a stick

and i would probably say that you could make an argument for shaman and priest having equivalent single target removal to rogues

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    They really just needed to make blade fury not go face. It seems like an obvious fuckin thing

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Also, on a related note I opened a crystal caverns.

I am become everything I hate

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    shergakshergak Registered User regular
    I opened Pyro in hearthstone and felt like it would go really well in a Reno/N'zoth deck in Wild, which has been doing pretty well in the lower ranks. It's a fun legendary.

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    so as a dad with two kids under 3, literally all i aspire to in my life right now is a good few hours on a friday night drinking a couple of beers and playing hearthstone.

is that sad?

sC4Q4nq.jpg