Options

Unfortunately, you usually need a [job] to survive

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    alrighty, managed to squeeze it all into a single page by trimming out a few things

I have a lot of random volunteering sorta positions that I've built up over the years, and trimming those and other older jobs down a lot helped, as did paring down a bit of bulk even off of the relevant stuff

certain job apps where the role is way less focused, I'd probably just go with two pages, but this particular job listing is tight enough in what it's looking for that I can grok one page

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    A week or two ago there was a phishing attempt on California state workers from some random email address with a really poor message that no one should have figured was real with how many errors it had. I mean what kind of idiot figured IT needs to know their username, domain, and password.

Today there was another poor phishing attempt. Only the email it came from was a California state park email.

Good job dumb dumb.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Today's PA Comic speaks to me. I've had very similar conversations, but I've stopped since I've come to realize the animals people bring into the hospital on average are much better behaved than human guests.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    Today's PA Comic speaks to me. I've had very similar conversations, but I've stopped since I've come to realize the animals people bring into the hospital on average are much better behaved than human guests.

It speaks to me as well. Damn my cat allergy. My Ghostbusting job would be so much easier if I didn't stop breathing nearby cats.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Mayabird wrote: »
    Heck, tailor the resume to each place you reply too. A lot of places don't even have people looking at the resumes, just have a program scan them over for key words. Try to squeeze in what look like key words on the job listing to the resume without being too weird about it.

I had a baseline/generic resume that got tweaked for every application.

Speaking of tailoring your resume for a job, if a job posting has specific items mentioned, make sure your resume has those items verbatim . Again, the automated software is looking for it and will automatically reject your resume if you don't have those items. (Of course, none of this applies if it's just some local guy who does all the hiring her/himself.)

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    RobonunRobonun It's all fun and games until someone pisses off China Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    Given how a huge push for vets leaving the service is to use veterans preference to apply to government jobs as a way to achieve gainful employment, shouldn't the hiring freeze be being treated as Trump being anti-veteran?

This, plus today's announcement that the VA is not exempt from the hiring freeze and therefore cannot fill 2000 open caregiver positions, definitely gives the impression that Trump stopped caring about vets approximately 1.7 seconds after they checked the R box on their ballots.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    Given how a huge push for vets leaving the service is to use veterans preference to apply to government jobs as a way to achieve gainful employment, shouldn't the hiring freeze be being treated as Trump being anti-veteran?

Pretty much every move Trump has made so far has been pretty clearly anti-whoever-or-whatever it's focused on.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »

It speaks to me as well. Damn my cat allergy. My Ghostbusting job would be so much easier if I didn't stop breathing nearby cats.

Fun fact: only dogs are legally protected as service animals in the United States. You are allowed to bar entry to any cat, any time, anywhere, no matter what their professional status is.

I'm pretty sure someday this is going to be known as Jim Mrow Law.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    hmmm, not so sure about the document control philosophy on this one

ANKYMm9.png

I'm just a technician, not an engineer, but if somebody handed me this in the workshop I would immediately hand it straight back.

alternatively, your employer could pay tens of millions to buy a company that does this kind of shit everywhere.

this reminds me of a place I used to work at. I was a summer student working in the engineering Dept of a manufacturing plant. My job was to take paper blueprints and model them in Solidworks, and also to model random small components and then submit blueprints to the QA dept.

The Engineering Dept worked in Imperial (their standard unit was Thousandths of a Inch).

The QA dept worked in Metric. And only metric. I hand the QA head a blueprint with nice, round imperial numbers. He demands I change it to metric.

Ok, no problem. Thats like three clicks of a mouse and printing a new copy. But the numbers are not round at all. I hand him the metric copy. "What the fuck are all these decimals? No. Change this to round numbers and give it back to me"

But you see, I can't change it, because their whole fucking industry works in Imperial units, and so does their machine shop, and how the fuck have you even been operating as a QA dept in this manner, it makes no sense, and, and, and.......

I once had a QC guy tell me he couldn't check something to a print because he didn't have metric gauge pins.

we make them order it if they don't have them. also, working in english units and having QA insist on metric for inspection is insane. Converting to three decimal places causes discrepancies in the thousandths. If you're making something high tolerance like bearings, that will prove disastrous.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Got my TN renewed at the border

Jesus Christ this guy was harsh

I'll go into details in a bit when the beer kicks in and I have stopped shaking, the difference between him and the last guy was night and day

Especially when he said "this is why Trump is going to throw NAFTA into the fire" as he went to the back room

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Cello wrote: »

I'll go into details in a bit when the beer kicks in and I have stopped shaking, the difference between him and the last guy was night and day

Especially when he said "this is why Trump is going to throw NAFTA into the fire" as he went to the back room

Without hearing the full details I'm gonna go ahead and throw out a hearty "fuck that guy" right now.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

Without hearing the full details I'm gonna go ahead and throw out a hearty "fuck that guy" right now.

Bug report: can only click "agree" once.

That guy should be fired. Out of a cannon. Into the sun.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I thought that my job would not be affected by political shenanigans, but it will. Turns out funding streams are even more complicated than all that. Will you have a job later this year? Probably up to Trump.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I thought that my job would not be affected by political shenanigans, but it will. Turns out funding streams are even more complicated than all that. Will you have a job later this year? Probably up to Trump.

I'm sorry man, I hope everything turns out ok for you

What part of the government do you work for?

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Jedoc wrote: »

Bug report: can only click "agree" once.

That guy should be fired. Out of a cannon. Into the sun.

I'd say we should kick that guy out and keep Cello, but that wouldn't be fair to Canada.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    The eternal internal debate of the fresh college graduate: do I make my resume maximalist within the confines of two pages and 550 words to make up for a lack of real-world job experience, or do I laser-focus on the limited relevant experience I have

I'm trying to find a good middle ground by trimming the fat off of my "master resume" I've written up with everything I've done in the last seven years (so basically since sophomore year of high school) into only the stuff from the last seven years that's actually relevant, and I think it's working out well?

fresh college graduate

two pages

Trust me, go one page resume with a cover letter.

And try to tailor the cover letter to each place you apply, if you can.

I am highly doubtful that a fresh college grad needs two pages. I mean I guess it is possible but I doubt it.

Seconding this. I've had more than a few lengthy resumes that contained a lot of minutia from high school. Realize that stuff is probably from four years ago. Unless it is germane to the job (list all the volunteer work you did when applying for non-profits or other philanthropic organizations), you can save it for the interview.

Like, I don't bother reading about all your sports accolades when you're applying for a job on my line.

A good resume is nice and tight. One page, front only, fill the entire thing, single spaced, no more than four sentences per job description, don't be afraid to simply: list, the, responsibilities, you, had.

*This is all from just my perspective. When I did corporate hiring the same rules applied though, my ops manager and I would scoff at long and windy resumes.

Another edit: Cover letters are gold, and often are the thing that gets the call to interview. But, you've got a half to three quarters of a page. Realize that most people doing hiring are also very busy. You're resume is taking their time.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    The eternal internal debate of the fresh college graduate: do I make my resume maximalist within the confines of two pages and 550 words to make up for a lack of real-world job experience, or do I laser-focus on the limited relevant experience I have

I'm trying to find a good middle ground by trimming the fat off of my "master resume" I've written up with everything I've done in the last seven years (so basically since sophomore year of high school) into only the stuff from the last seven years that's actually relevant, and I think it's working out well?

fresh college graduate

two pages

Trust me, go one page resume with a cover letter.

And try to tailor the cover letter to each place you apply, if you can.

I am highly doubtful that a fresh college grad needs two pages. I mean I guess it is possible but I doubt it.

Seconding this. I've had more than a few lengthy resumes that contained a lot of minutia from high school. Realize that stuff is probably from four years ago. Unless it is germane to the job (list all the volunteer work you did when applying for non-profits or other philanthropic organizations), you can save it for the interview.

Like, I don't bother reading about all your sports accolades when you're applying for a job on my line.

A good resume is nice and tight. One page, front only, fill the entire thing, single spaced, no more than four sentences per job description, don't be afraid to simply: list, the, responsibilities, you, had.

*This is all from just my perspective. When I did corporate hiring the same rules applied though, my ops manager and I would scoff at long and windy resumes.

Another edit: Cover letters are gold, and often are the thing that gets the call to interview. But, you've got a half to three quarters of a page. Realize that most people doing hiring are also very busy. You're resume is taking their time.

This tracks with my experience as a hiring manager. If you have to go back more than five years or three jobs, make sure it's super relevant to the position you're applying for. Sadly, the person looking through the stack of resumes is looking for a reason to throw most of them in the trash and "this is too long to bother with" is one of the possible reasons.

Edit: also, if you can come up with a convincing reason why you're interested in this job as opposed to a job in the cover letter, that goes a long way toward pushing your application to the top of the list. In descending order of eye-catchingness: the firm is actually doing something that is pretty unique that you can claim to be interested in, the firm specializes in something you you can claim to have focused on in college, the firm is the only gig in town and you're moving there for family/matrimonial reasons.

Of course, in the library world, "I grew up in the neighborhood and am deeply invested in making it a better place" is the gold standard, but I realize that's not applicable for most careers.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Yeah it helps to find out what type of resumes are expected in the type of professional environment you are working in. The standard resume is one page, but I know people in the counseling field where the expectation is several pages especially if you're including any type of publications you've been apart of or because you need to highlight very specific groups of people that you have worked.

So I have gotten counseling students who have sent me a 5-page resume for a student worker position. They need to create a separate one-page resume instead of submitting the same 5 page CV to everything they apply for. Because it could hurt them in other applications instead of help them.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Hey so PAX South is in 2 days and I've totally lost my voice. I'm going to need that back.

Anyone have tips for something that a Walmart in the states would have that would help? I'm doing salt water gargling etc. I don't think Vocalzone is sold here.

• Options
    Tube wrote: »
    Hey so PAX South is in 2 days and I've totally lost my voice. I'm going to need that back.

Anyone have tips for something that a Walmart in the states would have that would help? I'm doing salt water gargling etc. I don't think Vocalzone is sold here.

I used to date a classical singer who could knock down a frog in her throat in nothing flat by gargling with honey. Mix in just enough hot water to make it thin enough to gargle (50:50 is the goal, but that's still pretty thick if you've never done it,) take enough of a mouthful to fill the back of your throat, gargle it for 20-30 seconds, and swallow it if you can. Repeat every 3-4 hours.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I once lost my voice during rehearsals for a jazz choir competition (speaking of high school...). In the grand panic that ensued, my director just flatly said "drink all the water you can handle." So I did. I just didn't speak at all, and drank a bunch of water.

Next morning I was fine.

If it's lost due to irritation, there's nothing better than rest and lubricant (water) to sooth it. If it's lost to mucus, you can mix honey and lemon juice to help sooth and clear up a little mucus. Steaming your face while breathing deeply helps here, too.

Edit: Man, I screwed this post up bad.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Probably obvious - but maybe tea with honey? The wife is a teacher and swears by it when she loses her voice.

On resumes - just curious but what are the thoughts on when someone has been in a job a longer time? I know the rule of thumb is 5 years or 3 jobs, but lets say someone was like this:
    current job (10 yrs+)
    filler job (< 1 year)
    filler job (< 1 year)
    real prior job (5 years)
    real prior-prior prof job (2 years)

Would you leave out the filler jobs? List them but very briefly and then go back to the real positions?

• Options
    Probably obvious - but maybe tea with honey? The wife is a teacher and swears by it when she loses her voice.

On resumes - just curious but what are the thoughts on when someone has been in a job a longer time? I know the rule of thumb is 5 years or 3 jobs, but lets say someone was like this:
    current job (10 yrs+)
    filler job (< 1 year)
    filler job (< 1 year)
    real prior job (5 years)

Would you leave out the filler jobs? List them but very briefly and then go back to the real positions?

I'd leave them out unless they were really impressive. Unless you're in the kind of industry that calls for an exhaustive CV, a short gap in your resume isn't going to stand out, and cluttering up your resume with bullshit jobs makes it less likely that a speed-reading manager is going to catch your impressive stuff.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    GhotiGhoti Registered User regular
    Depends on whether that experience would be applicable to any jobs you plan to apply. If it is relevant, include it simply because it shows continuous employment.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

Wow, what a shitbag.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

My mom is a professional singer and she recommends honey and lemon juice in water.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular

current job (10 yrs+)
    filler job (< 1 year)
    filler job (< 1 year)
    real prior job (5 years)

I'd leave them out unless they were really impressive. Unless you're in the kind of industry that calls for an exhaustive CV, a short gap in your resume isn't going to stand out, and cluttering up your resume with bullshit jobs makes it less likely that a speed-reading manager is going to catch your impressive stuff.
    That was exactly it - they were bullshit jobs I did to put food on the table, but I was concerned having a gap in the time line.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Thanks chaps. I've relied on vocalzone for many years and never really developed fundamentals for this situation because I rarely get sick.

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Stuff I've managed to fit into one page, at Calibri 12-point, using 320 words, and with one line to spare:
    • Heading with name, address, phone number, and academic e-mail (Three lines)
    • Summary (Six lines)
    • Education, with College and High School info (Five/Three lines depending on formatting)
    • Research Experience, with current lab (Three lines)
    • Professional Experience, with my two jobs I've had with my college's biology department (both directly relevant to the qualifications for this job), and one high school job that had duties somewhat relevant (Nine lines, and if I chop the high school job that'd become seven)
    • Service and Volunteering, which has been chopped down to include only organizations I held a managerial position with (Ten lines)
    • Certifications, which is currently all laboratory procedural stuff relevant to the job (Three lines)
    • Skills, with a small listing of biological and technological proficiencies (three lines)

It's tight, but I'm pretty confident it presents a clear picture!
    Mayabird wrote: »
    Heck, tailor the resume to each place you reply too. A lot of places don't even have people looking at the resumes, just have a program scan them over for key words. Try to squeeze in what look like key words on the job listing to the resume without being too weird about it.

I had a baseline/generic resume that got tweaked for every application.

Speaking of tailoring your resume for a job, if a job posting has specific items mentioned, make sure your resume has those items verbatim . Again, the automated software is looking for it and will automatically reject your resume if you don't have those items. (Of course, none of this applies if it's just some local guy who does all the hiring her/himself.)

I'm gonna be honest, I have very little idea what this means! I currently have a personal summary at the top of my resume - are you basically suggesting I swap it with a cut/pasted list from the job posting? Which actually seems like an ok idea considering the cover letter is a summary of the resume in some degree...

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I once lost my voice during rehearsals for a jazz choir competition (speaking of high school...). In the grand panic that ensued, my director just flatly said "drink all the water you can handle." So I did. I just didn't speak at all, and drank a bunch of water.

Next morning I was fine.

If it's lost due to irritation, there's nothing better than rest and lubricant (water) to sooth it. If it's lost to mucus, you can mix honey and lemon juice to help sooth and clear up a little mucus. Steaming your face while breathing deeply helps here, too.

Edit: Man, I screwed this post up bad.
    One thing that i do that i found on a singing forum back when i was in choir in college, is like, upside down gargling.
    It's probably more helpful if dry air is part of the issue, but you just get some water in your mouth, bend over a little bit so you're facing the floor, then breath in through the water. Like your own personal humidifier.

Just don't do it in public because it looks and sounds silly.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Studying for this interview. The job looks very interesting. One thing about state is they document everything, including what a particular department does and how they do it, down to the minutiae.

So in researching the Office of Internal Affairs I am learning things like how investigations get launched, who is involved, what the difference is between an administrative investigation and criminal investigation, and various policies like Skelly hearings and the Lybarger warning, which essentially says that a state employee has no right to plead the 5th during an administrative investigation but also that any info obtained during said investigation cannot be used for a criminal proceeding with certain exceptions.

Very informative and I would love to work with essentially those who watch the watchmen. So I'm really hoping I get this job, even if it's just being a clerical worker. I can see a lot of ways to use the experience to springboard into other positions later.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular

current job (10 yrs+)
    filler job (< 1 year)
    filler job (< 1 year)
    real prior job (5 years)

That was exactly it - they were bullshit jobs I did to put food on the table, but I was concerned having a gap in the time line.

I have a one year gap in my employment and at every job after that one the gap is always brought up so I would say combine the two filler jobs into one and just on one line so that you can show there is continuous employment history. For some reason people, or at least the people I interviewed for, are really concerned about why someone would be out of a job for that long.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Apparently my cell phone provider decided my credit card had expired (despite it not expiring for another year), and my account had racked up a few months worth of charges. I got my bill today and noticed it, and went to their website to set up automated payments again.

But there was no function on the website to make an immediate payment, and after doing a chat with a sales advisor, they said I'd have to call in to make the payment, which ugh.

But when I called I was greeted with an automated service, which required me input my account number, credit card number, and amount paid, and then the payment was completed without ever speaking to a person.

But it led me to a realization, I don't really hate automated phone services, I actually hate automated phone services when they're only a precursor with having to deal with a human who'll probably ask all the same questions anyway.

Obviously if I could have just done this on their website that'd have been the best, but having the entire process be automated over phone was dramatically better than making me wait on the line for a human to finalize the transaction, and I think even better than having the entire process be interacting with a human because I hate talking to people on the phone.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Yeah so, what happened
    My current visa and contract end in early February. Last time I came through, the customs agent suggested it was possible to apply for my next visa in advance of the next one ending in a week or two.

I was sitting in the waiting room alone when the officer walked in and immediately started grilling. He demanded to know why I thought I could get a visa now, said I was too early, and started asking a ton of leading or accusatory questions. Stuff like straight up saying "so you got fired at (last job)?" Or asking five separate times in five separate ways about my relationship status. Or focusing on one specific responsibility and asking about it several different ways. It felt like he was trying to pressure me into slipping up so that he would have the excuse to deny me the visa. Which is especially scary since this variety is totally dependant on whether or not the guy at the border feels like being a jerk.

After the part where he disappeared into the back that I mentioned before, he took me to pay for it and continued to complain about how the visas of this type tend to go only one way because no one wants to work in Canada, and it was just another reason to light NAFTA on fire, as well as how it is so often the one that people try to fraud. He also dropped a barb after suggesting a few ways to prep for next time by saying that in six months it might all be different and I may not even have a job anyway.

He was a bit nicer after all that and said I was a nice girl and gave a legit security reason for why he was stressed, and apologized for giving me guff earlier, and I got the visa for the next two years, but it uh, didn't really help with the massive anxiety I've now got going on, especially since I was having trouble fighting nerves all week leading up to this, especially when compared to how smooth the application interview was last time

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    It'd be amazing if border security agents had any legitimate oversight at all, and actions like that could be punished instead of encouraged.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    Yeah so, what happened
    My current visa and contract end in early February. Last time I came through, the customs agent suggested it was possible to apply for my next visa in advance of the next one ending in a week or two.

I was sitting in the waiting room alone when the officer walked in and immediately started grilling. He demanded to know why I thought I could get a visa now, said I was too early, and started asking a ton of leading or accusatory questions. Stuff like straight up saying "so you got fired at (last job)?" Or asking five separate times in five separate ways about my relationship status. Or focusing on one specific responsibility and asking about it several different ways. It felt like he was trying to pressure me into slipping up so that he would have the excuse to deny me the visa. Which is especially scary since this variety is totally dependant on whether or not the guy at the border feels like being a jerk.

After the part where he disappeared into the back that I mentioned before, he took me to pay for it and continued to complain about how the visas of this type tend to go only one way because no one wants to work in Canada, and it was just another reason to light NAFTA on fire, as well as how it is so often the one that people try to fraud. He also dropped a barb after suggesting a few ways to prep for next time by saying that in six months it might all be different and I may not even have a job anyway.

He was a bit nicer after all that and said I was a nice girl and gave a legit security reason for why he was stressed, and apologized for giving me guff earlier, and I got the visa for the next two years, but it uh, didn't really help with the massive anxiety I've now got going on, especially since I was having trouble fighting nerves all week leading up to this, especially when compared to how smooth the application interview was last time

I'd feel pretty bad for you if I didn't know you were such a terrorist.

(I feel really bad for you. I'm sorry that happened, and I hope we can get this straightened out before you have to go through it again. There's like, six impeachments just waiting to happen here.)

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular

current job (10 yrs+)
    filler job (< 1 year)
    filler job (< 1 year)
    real prior job (5 years)

Personally, I would only use the most recent (10+ years) job. In 10 years, surely you've done lots of things of note!
    When I've read resumes that go more than like 2 pages, and go back many decades, I just completely disregard anything past the second page, really.

I really don't care that you did a presentation of something in 1996 for your job, or pioneered something 14 years ago. Stuff like that, pull out in a separate part of your resume. It's not important to the job history, and shouldn't be in there, and will be glossed over by everyone. And are you really going to remember all the details of a job you did 13 years ago? Is that stuff incredibly pertinent to the job for which you are applying?

I think a cover letter stating "I've been doing this for 23 years" with some scraps of details is more than enough. Reading through someone's (most likely shittily formatted) resume that's more than 10 pages long that's really a CV isn't going to make me want to even interview you, and again, I don't think going to be relevant to the current position. And then you have to spend precious time in the short interview flipping through pages to get more information, and that's always just been really awkward and a waste of time.

In summation:
    Most recent job, with lots of details
    Separate section of achievements and the like
    No more than two pages, though 1 would be ideal
    Format it somewhat pretty
    Cover letter

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I would list the primary job since it is 10+ years and should sell you. If someone has experience from 10 years ago, but hasn't used it in their current job? I don't care about that old experience, because it probably isn't relevant anymore due to rules and regulation changes, not to mention software systems. (I work logistics). I WOULD note that you are easily able to supply previous job history if required, and if you got an interview I would that along with you, along with extra resumes. I also by default don't list references, only noting that I can provide them if required.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    I've been told that "references available upon request" isn't a good thing to list on a resume, either because it sounds suspicious or because it's an obvious statement, depending on who you ask.

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Yeah so, what happened

Man, I'd write a thing to his supervisor or whoever the shit is in charge. Even if he did apologize, acting like a shitty person to you for going through a well documented process isn't at all anywhere near professional.

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
This discussion has been closed.