Options

[DCEU] launched a streaming service which has Young Justice S3

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Off-topic but probably of interest -- we're getting a new DTV video in the style of Batman: The Animated Series! And Kevin Conroy's back!
    When did he leave?

sig.gif
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Jason O'Mara's been the Batman voice for the movies, Conroy coming back for Killing Joke seemed like it was a one-off but if they want to keep him around, go for it. I still don't know how I feel about Mara's Batman.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Off-topic but probably of interest -- we're getting a new DTV video in the style of Batman: The Animated Series! And Kevin Conroy's back!

Should have expected that as the next Batman movie. Melissa Rauch from the Big Bang Theory is doing Harley's voice and that can work, not her high voice from the show but something like what she did for The Bronze with that Northern accent stretched into a Jersey one. and Paget Brewster as Ivy works well, she's always doing voices for American Dad and is good at that.

I was displeased that they didn't just go with Tara Strong as Harley, at first. The more I think about it though, I feel like Rauch will probably do a pretty good job. Plus, Strong is playing Harley in Injustice 2, so I'll still get my Tara fix.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I hope the friendship between Harley and Ivy gets a good focus.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I hope the friendship between Harley and Ivy gets a good focus.

batgirlharley_zps9da777fa.jpg

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    The new Harley voice is terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6pBn96QXAI

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    It... could be better.
    The rest looks really good, though.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I'm wondering how that fits into the DCAU, if at all

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    At least Sheldon isn't voicing Batman.

• Options
    the animation seemed to skip a few frames, they just keep cutting corners on this stuff which is getting annoying. You could do that on Batman '66 even though it was apparent, but it's not like BTAS is action heavy like the current animated movie films.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    I'm wondering how that fits into the DCAU, if at all

Well, the stinger has Booster calling him up (from the Watchtower, presumably) and offering to send down some (alleged) help.
    So it's JLU timeframe.

One imagines that, despite the scope of the threat, Batman's personal angle is why they don't call in Big Blue. Or maybe he's off in space moving some other planet out of danger or something.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Why does Harley sound like Fran Fine?

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    It... could be better.
    The rest looks really good, though.
    She sounds like a decent-to-good Harley, just not with this particular art style since they're trying to recapture the look of BtAS.
    Why does Harley sound like Fran Fine?
    Not nasally enough.

Honestly, I'm just hoping this doesn't try and make Nightwing and Harley a thing like other works have tried to make Bruce and Babs a thing.

sig.gif
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    I think Arleen Sorkin is the only one to ever get the Harley voice right. They're making her accent way too exaggerated and silly. Arleen used it when it was effective but always showed restraint when the situation called for it.

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    The new Harley voice is terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6pBn96QXAI

"We saw that Harley is popular with the kids now, so we wanted to capitalize on that."
    - Mike Carlin

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Was any reason given why they kept the voices of Batman and Robin but changed the voice of Harley?

EDIT:
    I've got to say, from that video, that movie actually looks good! I loved the Booster Gold/Justice League bit at the end.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    The original actress for Harley in TAS died a few years ago. In the Arkham games. Tara Strong took over and did a pretty decent job. For the animated films, they tend to change things up now and then.

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Pretty sure Arleen Sorkin is still alive, but retired from her role as Harley.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    I didn't hate HQ's voice in that preview. It's just different and we're going to have to get used to it. The performance itself is fine.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    From that preview footage, I'm guessing that the plot will play out something like:
    Floronic Man is the real big bad, Ivy will have a change of heart in the climax thanks to Harley and help stop him.

• Options
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    Pretty sure Arleen Sorkin is still alive, but retired from her role as Harley.

Oh? My bad then

• Options
    EclecticGrooveEclecticGroove Registered User regular
    That_Guy wrote: »
    I didn't hate HQ's voice in that preview. It's just different and we're going to have to get used to it. The performance itself is fine.

It's not great, but not terrible either. But anyone used to the B:TAS Harley is never going to be thrilled with it. It was "the" definitive voice for the character.
    I think it's made more of a glaring difference because she's being matched up with Conroy's Batman.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    It just seems weird to change it if they're going to pull the "we got the old actors back" rabbit out of their hat. What, was Tara Strong booked solid or something? She's been doing it ever since Arkham... City I think? I just remember thinking it was Sorkin until it was pointed out it wasn't.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    The animated movies always look to get a name actor to do some voices, usually some solid b-listers, and I can't blame them for it, they're usually pretty good in that regard.

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

That face Joker does after the boob-hug.

I love those hidden adult touches in BTAS. Part of what makes it such a great cartoon.

sig.gif
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    It just seems weird to change it if they're going to pull the "we got the old actors back" rabbit out of their hat. What, was Tara Strong booked solid or something? She's been doing it ever since Arkham... City I think? I just remember thinking it was Sorkin until it was pointed out it wasn't.

Don't forget when they were gonna get her in the Arrow-verse, and that got killed too because of the SS movie.
    https://youtu.be/Q0TlFWngRe8

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    So, Teen Titans: The Judas Contract is good. I watched it last night ans thoroughly enjoyed it. It's easily one of the best DC original animated movies to date.

• Options
    Is it connected to JL vs TT or stand alone?

For whatever reason a lot of the recent animated movies were popping up on Netflix and HBO rather quickly last year and I thought it would continue with last year's offerings so I was just waiting it out, but the kibosh seems to have dropped on that little runaround.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

For whatever reason a lot of the recent animated movies were popping up on Netflix and HBO rather quickly last year and I thought it would continue with last year's offerings so I was just waiting it out, but the kibosh seems to have dropped on that little runaround.

It's connected. Basically, the movies have all been connected since Justice League War. They're mostly based on recent comic storylines, but feel free to change the canon whenever they feel like.

• Options

It's connected. Basically, the movies have all been connected since Justice League War. They're mostly based on recent comic storylines, but feel free to change the canon whenever they feel like.

There's something like 8 movies connected to this universe right now.

Justice League: War
    Son of Batman
    Justice League: Throne of Atlantis
    Batman vs. Robin
    Batman: Bad Blood
    Justice League vs. Teen Titans
    Justice League Dark
    Teen Titans: The Judas Contract

9 if you count Flashpoint Paradox which established the whole thing in the first place.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    It seems the decision made by DC/WB is now "fuck it, let's just do nothing but Batman."
    The plan for 2019 is to release four Batman related films. Gotham City Sirens around Valentine’s Day weekend, Nightwing on Memorial Day weekend, Batgirl in August and The Batman in November. The studio is doing this to celebrate the 80th Anniversary of Batman.
    The thread continues to state that Deathstroke will still appear in The Batman, but is no longer the film’s main villain; director Matt Reeves is interested in telling a story focusing on Batman’s entire rogue’s gallery. Meanwhile, the same thread also suggests Deathstroke’s son Grant Wilson will be the main villain of the solo Nightwing film. Wilson will be hired by Roland “Blockbuster” Desmond to take out all rival mob bosses in Blüdhaven.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    It seems the decision made by DC/WB is now "fuck it, let's just do nothing but Batman."
    The plan for 2019 is to release four Batman related films. Gotham City Sirens around Valentine’s Day weekend, Nightwing on Memorial Day weekend, Batgirl in August and The Batman in November. The studio is doing this to celebrate the 80th Anniversary of Batman.
    The thread continues to state that Deathstroke will still appear in The Batman, but is no longer the film’s main villain; director Matt Reeves is interested in telling a story focusing on Batman’s entire rogue’s gallery. Meanwhile, the same thread also suggests Deathstroke’s son Grant Wilson will be the main villain of the solo Nightwing film. Wilson will be hired by Roland “Blockbuster” Desmond to take out all rival mob bosses in Blüdhaven.

... Nightwing gets Memorial Day and Batman gets November? Uh okay, that schedule is not going to happen in a million years.

• Options
    I thought Justice League was coming out in June but it's coming out in November, that's the new blockbuster fallback month since December is Star Wars now until forever.

And February/early March seems to be where you want to put your edgy super hero movie these days.

But I agree, unless they're copying Dixon and McDaniel's fantastic opening Nightwing run verbatim for the film it should be Batman in the summer. Mainly because I want to see both studios finally play chicken with one another on a release date window and Batman could totally kick Infinity War Part 2's butt just like those goons in the warehouse.

• Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular

d63gvm31pj85.jpg

• Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    God, I'm already sick to death of Batman movies. And I love the guy!

• Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    Next year's Superman's 80th anniversary and he ain't getting 4 movies.

Maybe we'll get another kickass animated short (though the lack of the DC Nation block would keep it off Cartoon Network).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzS7Jq6bWx8

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

Holy shit!
    I thought Justice League was coming out in June but it's coming out in November, that's the new blockbuster fallback month since December is Star Wars now until forever.

And February/early March seems to be where you want to put your edgy super hero movie these days.

But I agree, unless they're copying Dixon and McDaniel's fantastic opening Nightwing run verbatim for the film it should be Batman in the summer. Mainly because I want to see both studios finally play chicken with one another on a release date window and Batman could totally kick Infinity War Part 2's butt just like those goons in the warehouse.

Nope, the only Batman that could match the Avengers was Nolan's. Snyder's will make nice change but it's going to get destroyed head to head.

• Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    While I can certainly understand the logic of batman spam (he is the only character that has been able to make money consistently for dc), the fact remains that the character is so completely and utterly played out at this point that I'd rather pour bleach into an open wound then watch another god damn batman movie.

This discussion has been closed.