Options

[DCEU] launched a streaming service which has Young Justice S3

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Gaddez wrote: »
    While I can certainly understand the logic of batman spam (he is the only character that has been able to make money consistently for dc), the fact remains that the character is so completely and utterly played out at this point that I'd rather pour bleach into an open wound then watch another god damn batman movie.

To be fair it's not like he'll be the star in all of them, for far too long the Bat Family and the spin-offs have been on the shelf in the movies. The Birds of Prey deserve more than this crappy tv show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYM62MvRbA4

• Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    While I can certainly understand the logic of batman spam (he is the only character that has been able to make money consistently for dc), the fact remains that the character is so completely and utterly played out at this point that I'd rather pour bleach into an open wound then watch another god damn batman movie.

To be fair it's not like he'll be the star in all of them, for far too long the Bat Family and the spin-offs have been on the shelf in the movies. The Birds of Prey deserve more than this crappy tv show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYM62MvRbA4

The problem is is that it's still relying on the grimdark one to act as a vehicle for these other characters.

Which pisses me off to no end since DC has a shit ton of amazing characters who could be great if they'd grow a pair, 86 the snyderverse and use a horde of c amd d listers.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    So I get to see 4 new versions of the Wayne murder? I am going to have ptsd from this.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Goumindong wrote: »
    So I get to see 4 new versions of the Wayne murder? I am going to have ptsd from this.

Fun fact: both Wonder Woman and Justice League start off with the Wayne murder!

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Wonder Woman has a scene where Diana reminisces about visiting Gotham and seeing a rich couple being mugged outside of a theater. But since she had given up on humanity at the time, she decided not to help.

• Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Wonder Woman has a scene where Diana reminisces about visiting Gotham and seeing a rich couple being mugged outside of a theater. But since she had given up on humanity at the time, she decided not to help.
    Goumindong wrote: »

Fun fact: both Wonder Woman and Justice League start off with the Wayne murder!

I can't tell if you're shitting me or if Snyder is just that bad a writer. And when I say 'Snyder is just that bad a writer', I mean that yes, Snyder actually is that bad a writer, but you'd think that someone, anyone, would step in and prevent him from filming such monumental dreck. Lucas isn't a great writer, but at least his solo work grasps the ideas of characters and arcs and motivations. Snyder can't seem to work with anything other than cool looking scenes, or at least scenes that he thinks are cool.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    daveNYC wrote: »
    I can't tell if you're shitting me or if Snyder is just that bad a writer.

I was waiting for this, that's how bad credibility is for the DCEU.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I actually think it might be kind of fun for DC to do a thing where Thomas Wayne was like, the Franz Ferdinand of the superhero world and his death touched off all sorts of metahuman activity for a variety of tangentially-related reasons

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options

Naw, if anything it's the opposite situation where Snyder has made such a mark on the DCEU that maximizing the Wayne murders sounds incredibly credible.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular

But seriously you still haven't told us if you were bulshitting and we've no way to tell

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    I'm still waiting for a Being John Malkovich-style film where every character and every scene is basically the Waynes being killed.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    Being John Marthavich

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular

Then Batman finds out and it causes a massive rift Civil War between the DCCU heroes.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I wonder if there's been talk at any level about just making a movie out of the Injustice plot, because that seems like it'd tick all the boxes for them.
    Grimdark setting (Superman's taken over, be as grim as you like), and all the superhuman match

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    klemming wrote: »
    I wonder if there's been talk at any level about just making a movie out of the Injustice plot, because that seems like it'd tick all the boxes for them.
    Grimdark setting (Superman's taken over, be as grim as you like), and all the superhuman match

We did get Batman vs Superman, so

• Options
    I meant with a plot that actually manages to justify it.
    'He might be bad, so I've got to kill him' doesn't really cut it.

Oh hey, it's time to go over the ways BvS was messed up again! That was a scary few pages when we weren't doing that.

• Options
    klemming wrote: »
    I meant with a plot that actually manages to justify it.
    'He might be bad, so I've got to kill him' doesn't really cut it.

Oh hey, it's time to go over the ways BvS was messed up again! That was a scary few pages when we weren't doing that.

Relax, I was joking.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    So there's a rumor that Black Adam may be the antagonist in Man of Steel 2.

Not a horrible idea, but I wonder if the Rock might overshadow Supes...

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    I have no clue how Shazam in all his infinite corniness could fit into the DC Cinematic Murderverse.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    I have no clue how Shazam in all his infinite corniness could fit into the DC Cinematic Murderverse.

Life Zach Snyder will find a way.

• Options

Oh yeah, I left that part out. WB can't seem to figure that out either. So they're dropping him.

Again, rumors and all that. But it sounds plausible.

• Options

I'm pretty sure that last time we came to the conclusion that Billy batson was lured into the back of a van by a wizard.

Alternately: he's being molested by lightning.

• Options

I'm pretty sure that last time we came to the conclusion that Billy batson was lured into the back of a van by a wizard.

First time he said shazam he was holding his parents' hands.

• Options

First time he said shazam he was holding Bruce's parents' hands.

• Options

First time he said shazam he was holding Bruce's parents' hands.

And a box of puppies.

• Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    I thought the Shazam movie was being down by New Line as a sort of separate set.

• Options
    "Shazam!"

"Why did you say that name?!?"

• Options

The first time Billy says "Shazam!" he does it inside his house, the lightning destroys his home, killing his parents and crippling his sister Mary.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular

The first time Billy says "Shazam!" he does it inside his house, the lightning destroys his home, killing his parents and crippling his sister Mary.

His sister, in this setting, will be renamed to Martha.

And thus, the circle is complete.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular

Point of order, Captain Marvel Jr. Is the one with a crippled alter ego, not Mary Marvel.

• Options
    Forar wrote: »

The DC Marthaverse?

• Options

The DC Marthaverse?

It's Marthas all the way down.

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    This is literally WB's mindset right now, isn't it:

https://youtu.be/5l3ipKcnYlQ

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I dunno what they'll do for his film origin, but Captain Marvel/Shazam is at least in theory empowered by a (seemingly-random) selection of greco-roman gods

so there's fertile storytelling ground for him to be a humongous asshole, basically

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular

The DC Marthaverse?

I suddenly see Batman and Superman fighting Martian Manhunter because of a translation error.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular

The DC Marthaverse?

I suddenly see Batman and Superman fighting Martian Manhunter because of a translation error.

"Save M'rthra."

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options

The DC Marthaverse?

I suddenly see Batman and Superman fighting Marthan Manhunter because of a translation error.
    fixed.

• Options

The DC Marthaverse?

"Save M'rthra."

"I'm sorry, J'onn, but we only save Marthas."

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    I dunno what they'll do for his film origin, but Captain Marvel/Shazam is at least in theory empowered by a (seemingly-random) selection of greco-roman gods

so there's fertile storytelling ground for him to be a humongous asshole, basically

That would be an amazing mistranslation of the character to almost his complete inverse.

So yeah, that's the likely movie path for him.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    The idea of what an immature little kid might do if he suddenly got god like powers wouldn't be a bad one to explore. Not like the original character, but in the DCverse, would it even be the worst example?

This discussion has been closed.