As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This is the old Star Citizen thread

• Options
    ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    80s, what the fuck were you on and where can I get it?

Because I want three.

Patriotism and cocaine!

But mostly cocaine....

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Apostate wrote: »
    80s, what the fuck were you on and where can I get it?

Because I want three.

Patriotism and cocaine!

But mostly cocaine....

Not to split hairs or anything, but it was cocaine cut with patriotism.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    No, the cocaine wasn't being cut yet. That was the age of pure, unsullied "HEYGUYSIGOTAGREATIDEAsnfffffOKAYSOLISTEN..."

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Big thanks to @DaMoonRulz for running me through some space pew pew basics, letting me try some Super Hornet builds, and loaning me a chunk of change so I can outfit my Super Hornet.

PA Squad is best squad

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    antheremantherem Registered User regular
    The Free Fly ship list is up. No Mole, but you can fly a ridiculous giant luxury yacht around if you want. Or make some quick cash with a Caterpillar or Prospector (assuming they didn't forget to put mining equipment on the free fly Prospector this time...)

Notably, as ships are eliminated from their Twitter tournament thing, they'll be removed from the free fly list.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Aegis Avenger Titan
    Aegis Eclipse
    Aegis Gladius
    Aegis Hammerhead
    Aegis Reclaimer
    Anvil Carrack
    Anvil Valkyrie
    Banu Defender
    Drake Caterpillar
    Drake Cutlass Black
    Esperia Prowler
    MISC Prospector
    MISC Razor
    MISC Reliant Kore
    Origin 890 Jump
    RSI Constellation Andromeda

Hell yeah I'mma be prowlin'

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    I feel like our corp’s get together event should be called “PAI In the Sky”.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »

Set your standards low enough and it's easy to go twice as high!

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »

Where you can have your 30Kake and eat it too

• Options
    We'll meet up at Daymar on the day of the meet up. I'd recommend making your way to Port Olisar before logging off the day before to save time the next day

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited September 2020
    iULDlea.jpg

edit- Ugh, there is a typo in there, but fuck it. HR cannot be bothered with it.

edit 2- Goddammit it bothered HR too much.

Axen on
  • Options
    FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Fun prison break video, 30min long.

https://youtu.be/31v7sSGfTm8

Fuselage on
    o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    Was about to post that, great video, great editing.

I've sent friend requests to everyone who dropped their names in the discord (I'm Troubleshooter), I'm Aussie though so you may only see me on weekends when I can play during the day, assuming you guys are mostly on during the evening (9pm Eastern = 11am Eastern Australian). I was kind of thinking of holding off playing until 3.11, but there's bugger all new actually coming in 3.11 and I've wanted to try out the prospector for a while so I may be on in the next couple of days. Once I've gotten my Crusader Kings 3 fix.

• Options
    mastertheheromasterthehero Professional Video Editor & Book Author Registered User regular
    When I saw 30 minutes, I was like eff that. I'm not watching a 30 minute Star Citizen video.

30 minutes later, I am in awe. What an awesome job editing.

hk52krrtzsf6.gif
  • Options
    Oh hey, were we talking about dakka earlier?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4kOGIg-mec

Aurora LN best ship, A1 number 1, ship of the year all years.

We're currently in a Free Fly period, so if you're curious about checking the game out, or if you have already drank the punch but want to try out a bunch of different ships, go here, put in the code, and fire up the game and you'll be able to fly a ton of ships for free.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    ... okay, I need to figure out how to get this set up, since it’s been several months since I’ve logged in. 😄

I’ll try and join in the shenananigans this evening.

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    My availability is shaky due to trying to get stuff painted, we'll see how things go

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I logged in last night and couldnt summon a ship and apparently the solution is to try a different station (not a different server, but a different station, real convenient when the station you're on cant summon your ships). Someone offered me a ride but when we tried to meet up we couldnt see each other, we could party though so that was weird.

I decided to to try and steal one of the ships parked around Olisar and while I got up to a Caterpillar I couldnt get in. Floated a long way over to a Reclaimer and was actually able to get in it since one of the side airlock doors was open, but couldnt summon the elevator to the bridge and none of the other airlocks would open for me.

The Reclaimer has some serious Alien vibes, very cool.

Anyway, still glitched so I probably wont be able to summon a ship until I can somehow meet up with someone to ferry me to another station or remake my character which is something I'm not opposed to since all I've done is bought some armor and delivered a package or three.

emp123 on
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Huh...so, I've been looking into the ground vehicles currently (Flight Ready and In Concept) and something that I noticed and am now curious about: the Ursa Rover's specs page says it has a max crew of 2. Do passengers count as crew? I thought it was supposed to be more APC-like than the G12 or Cyclones...but if the Ursa can only hold the same number of people in it, I dunno, that kinda makes me want to look at something else to complement my Valkyrie.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    Huh...so, I've been looking into the ground vehicles currently (Flight Ready and In Concept) and something that I noticed and am now curious about: the Ursa Rover's specs page says it has a max crew of 2. Do passengers count as crew? I thought it was supposed to be more APC-like than the G12 or Cyclones...but if the Ursa can only hold the same number of people in it, I dunno, that kinda makes me want to look at something else to complement my Valkyrie.

The Ursa is great because it has atmosphere, and a few seats and standing room in the back. I think the passenger seat in the front is more for the remote turret, which the driver can also (or is it only the driver?) operate.

If you go anywhere too hot or cold, an Ursa will save your life.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    Fuselage wrote: »

The Ursa is great because it has atmosphere, and a few seats and standing room in the back. I think the passenger seat in the front is more for the remote turret, which the driver can also (or is it only the driver?) operate.

If you go anywhere too hot or cold, an Ursa will save your life.

Honestly, I'd be surprised if RSI will keep the wheelbase of the G12 as wide as it is. I mean, being able to shove an Ursa into a Valkyrie but not a G12 seems silly to me. Personally, I just really like the look of the G12 over the Ursa, and if it was confirmed that it could be loaded into a Valk, I'd snap one up as soon as they come back available.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    I'll be jumping into the menu in about 20 minutes to get a party going so that we can mass-drop into the same server

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular

Streamed my participation in the get-together, if I navigated twitch correctly link should be to the VOD if it doesn't embed.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
  • Options
    HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular

Passengers generally aren't counted as crew in the listed stats. Crew is usually limited to useful stations (pilot+gunners, usually)

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Has anyone camera clipped to see inside a gravity generator yet? Because if there isn't a cat with buttered toast strapped to it's back in there I am going to be so disappointed in CIG.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Trying out the Prospector and ran enough bounty missions to slap the Helix Laser on it so that the damn thing would actually be useful and sweet black fucking sabbath this ship is a moneymaker once it's upgraded. I've done three mining loads and made 60k total so far. Not bad for kicking back with a cocktail, jamming to some space trucker music, and watching a laser chew rocks.

Consider me fucking hooked on mining
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34CZjsEI1yU

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    My evening in a nutshell:
    405lc97ovrbd.png

• Options
    edited September 2020
    I had my first run in with the prison/prisonbreak gameplay last night, and I was underwhelmed. I got jumped by some pirates the day before yesterday in the old Aurora LN, blasted them out of the sky with ease (Legionnaire best ship), but a couple stray rounds ended up hitting an NPC police ship that also dropped in. I get a crimestat for assaulting security, so I decide to book it out of there - but it's a Mantis, and they're jamming my quantum drive. Well, Cowabunga it is I guess, I destroy the Mantis and rack up destruction of a vehicle and homicide to my list. I log off.

Then yesterday I logged back on about an hour before the ship show was supposed to start so I could get my ships ready. I get out of bed, get into the pilot's seat, and I am immediately taking fire from two more security ships. One is a Mantis, so I blast it, and am abke to make a run for Olisar. I get there, land, and decide to spawn my Cutlass so I can just tank any security attacks on my way to the meetup without having to kill any more. It spawns on the pad, but the doors are bugged and won't open. I go back inside and spawn my LN again, run up, get in, and it is destroyed by Olisar's defense turrets amd I die.

I wake up in prison with a five hour sentence, and say screw it, I'm not gonna mine to reduce my time in the slammer, I'm gonna bust out, meet up with the lads, and I'll work off the crimestat later. I go through the fan area and get lost in tue labrynthine cave system for what feels like forever. Eventually I start to wonder if I am like that Episode 2 playtester who was so bad at videogames that they had to remove an entire tunnel, so I look up a youtibe walkthrough - it turns out that there are supposed to be blue plants as well as glowsticks that mark out the path you are supposed to take, but the server was bugged so they didn't load. Armed with the knowledge of where I needed to go, I managed to make some progress, only to be stifled time and again by the absolute disaster that is low gravity first person platforming over giant deathpits in CryEngine. After each death during a jailbreak you get additional time added to your sentence, which is a bonus.

I, finally, after what feels like an eternity, make it to the surface, only to miss a jump and fall all the way down into another deathpit. I wake up back in prison, and check my remaining sentence, which is now over seven hours. I decide to gently ragequit.

I really like the concept of spacejail as a place to punish griefers, with an added risk/reward for trying to break out, but ultimately I think the environment needs a lot of work. It's an alpha though, and testing is what we're here for, so I can't complain too much (even if I did spend the entire time being salty in voicechat).

tl;dr - I went to jail on some bullshit, instead of doing my time I goofed around and died. I am Space Cool Hand Luke.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    Yeah. I tried to mine my way out the "honest" way and had to go all the way down to level 6 before I saw a single space rock.

For whatever it's worth, the prison timer ticks while you're offline.

• Options
    I mean of course everyone in prison is innocent. :razz:

I had a good time last night. Seeing all those ships really nails home the scale of things. Plus I think we learned a fair bit about large group activities.

I was a bit nervous before the meet up because I had bounced between three servers and each one had a bunch of people camping Port Olisar. So I was worried things would go pear shaped real fast. Luckily it didn’t. It did however seem like we had caused half a server to 30k when we all launched in to the game together. That was kind of funny.

• Options
    Okay, maybe I should've youtube'd "Will It Fit" before writing off the G12.

Just watched a video where a dude crammed 2 Cyclones side-by-side into his Valkyrie. Pretty sure that a G12 isn't wider than that.

• Options
    No one got to see my Mustang Omega. The AMD Shillmobile!

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Got loaned some money for a Helix drill, can confirm TOG's Prospector story, mining is good money if you get the good resources. Got a 70k haul from some quantinium, then got another 70k because when I reboarded my ship after dropoff the volatile cargo alarm was blaring so I go back in and sell it again.

Then I got two 30k disconnects in a row, I suspect the servers aren't enjoying the weekend load during a free-fly event.

• Options
    Hey @SCREECH OF THE FARG you should join the discord server and come play with us sometime.

• Options
    Hey @SCREECH OF THE FARG you should join the discord server and come play with us sometime.

Heck yeah, always great to have more people. We can load up a Hammerhead full of gunners (minus the tail gunner because they don't get to have much fun)

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    @SCREECH OF THE FARG Also, you should try to find a clip of someone getting out of the Hurricane turret. That's got some pretty funny animation.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    I'm finally able to summon ships again (for now, fingers crossed). I tried to steal another ship only but still couldnt interact with doors (maybe I need to use the multitool? No idea what thats for), but it turned out someone was in it and about to jump to another station....which means they hit me and I got stuck in their cockpit.

I was like an eagle stuck in a grill! Except pleased instead of perturbed. The pilot was a bit confused, but he was cool about it.

Tried reclaiming a mining colony only to be like insta destroyed by some orbital stations I was supposed to take out. I think the game thought my shields were down even though my display said they were up.

Respawned and flew back to the station only to 30k out so I called it a night. Kinda interested in trying out some ground combat since I've yet to do that.

• Options
    @emp123 The stationary turrets in the Remove Claimjumpers missions hit like a ton of bricks. best to keep moving and hope they don't get you

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    @emp123 The stationary turrets in the Remove Claimjumpers missions hit like a ton of bricks. best to keep moving and hope they don't get you

Alternately, roll up with the free fly Carrack and they won't be able to break through the shields.

This discussion has been closed.