As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The old [Giant Bomb] thread!

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    I mean it's not really weasling out of it, they either want to do it or they don't

Fair enough. They've made it well known that they either don't want to do it, or they'd want to but the resource cost was too much to justify it and thus they will not do it.

I thought for sure if it was gonna happen, it'd certainly be after the game actually came out, and maybe after some new hires.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    I bet that they do it and it will be a Jeff/Jason combo. West coast is severely hurting for content right now.

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Jeff has also said they recorded the Persona 5 thing awhile ago, I could see them having a hefty backlog of videos ready to go if this becomes a ER.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    That is a pretty great troll if it is a troll.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    vegeta_666 wrote: »
    Jeff has also said they recorded the Persona 5 thing awhile ago, I could see them having a hefty backlog of videos ready to go if this becomes a ER.

I mean, I guess now that MGScanlon Revengeance and Shenmue ER exist, a secret P5 ER isn't terribly farfetched.

I assume it'd have to be a GBWest production, though, because I can't see how Vinny would have time to do BitE, an ER, and whatever else he does running the entire show in NYC.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    That is a pretty great troll if it is a troll.

It's a good goof but at the same time it would make me real sad

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    vegeta_666 wrote: »

I mean, I guess now that MGScanlon Revengeance and Shenmue ER exist, a secret P5 ER isn't terribly farfetched.

I assume it'd have to be a GBWest production, though, because I can't see how Vinny would have time to do BitE, an ER, and whatever else he does running the entire show in NYC.

On Jeff's blog he does say "The Persona stuff was shot a zillion years ago now" which could read as multiple things, but that might be a bit of a reach.

Edit: Either way, we'll know in a couple minutes!
    Quick Look: Persona 5
    Posted by Drew Scanlon | Mar. 29, 2017 9:00am
    Jeff and Vinny begin their crusade to make it through the beginning of Persona 5.

So QL and not ER, that image from above must have been shopped.

Ending
    Vinny comments about seeing Jeff again on Persona 6

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I want them to have recorded it like an endurance run episode, end it by saying something about the next episode, and then never put up another episode.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    god

my heart aches for a P5 ER

• Options
    Exactly why they should have casually twisted that knife

Just never post a second episode, and never talk about it again

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Austin on controller and Vinny as commentary was my P5 pick

it was the dragons dogma which sealed that duo for me

but yknow

any content

is good content

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Just give me 12 hours uncut of Jeff Gerstmann fusing dudes.

• Options
    Well the Reddit AMA they just did officially put a bullet in any P5 ER hopes, should anyone still have any.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    I would have figured all the other times that Jeff explicitly said they wouldn't ER P5, using the exact same reasoning as he gave in the AMA, would have nailed that coffin pretty airtight already.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    The energy drink boom feels like it's mostly over, so there are fewer new drinks and flavors popping up at the gas stations I usually stop at between home and work.
    Right now I'm mostly a Rockstar guy, which I never expected. But the Pure Zero Punched, Lemonade, and Recovery Lemonade are all pretty solid.
    I recently tried some organic energy drink from Whole Foods or Sprouts or something and it tasted like someone crammed an entire butt into a can, then doused said butt in rotten fruit juice.

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I would have figured all the other times that Jeff explicitly said they wouldn't ER P5, using the exact same reasoning as he gave in the AMA, would have nailed that coffin pretty airtight already.

I think people were hoping that once they actually laid hands on the game, it would change their minds.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    LOL they brought up the Terminator ranking once more.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Interesting tidbit from Jeff here:
    I don't know the revenue split off the top of my head but on-site ads aren't really a huge priority. We're about to switch over to using the YouTube video player as the default for non-premium videos and, because we want to not serve ads to our premium members, we've turned off monetization on those YouTube embeds. We'll see how that goes. We hope that people like what they see and watch our stuff wherever they may be, be it on the site, on YouTube, or, increasingly, on any number of different set top boxes. If they like it, hopefully they'll sign up for a premium account someday.

SteevL on
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    GBE Playdate: Mass Effect: Andromeda
    PREMIUM LIVE SHOW ON MAR 31, 2017 12:00 PM
    I expect Vinny to break this game in new and magical ways.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    But the game is allegedly already super busted. So maybe it'll work perfectly for Vinny? He breaks stable games.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Did they ever post that video they talked about on the bombcast where Brad had the game entirely break? I wanted to see that, looked funny.

Maybe they're saving it for upf or something.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    1us1mh2c0q0t.png
    :)

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    I believe you mean WhiteGuyBlinking.gif

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    NieR Automata spoilers, regarding this year's upcoming GOTY discussions, and UNRELATED to the spoilers on the Bombcast the other week
    No, seriously, real deal spoilers, don't click if you're not at least in your third playthrough of NieR Automata. I'm serious as a fucking heart attack here.
    If this doesn't win Best Surprise in GOTY, I'm just going to assume none of the staff played it to completion. The whole "Hey, did you enjoy NieR Automata? Do you want a sequel? HERE YOU GO FUCKER YOU'RE PLAYING IT NOW WE HID IT IN THE GAME YOU ALREADY BOUGHT" is the boldest move I've ever seen done in a video game.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    NieR Automata spoilers, regarding this year's upcoming GOTY discussions
    No, seriously, real deal spoilers, don't click if you're not at least in your third playthrough of NieR Automata. I'm serious as a fucking heart attack here.
    If this doesn't win Best Surprise in GOTY, I'm just going to assume none of the staff played it to completion. The whole "Hey, did you enjoy NieR Automata? Do you want a sequel? HERE YOU GO FUCKER YOU'RE PLAYING IT NOW WE HID IT IN THE GAME YOU ALREADY BOUGHT" is the boldest move I've ever seen done in a video game.

It better at least win or get runner up for Best Style or whatever it's called

'Cause the game's got Style

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Persona 5 is going to be tough to beat for style

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Persona 5 is Style personified

... Personafied...

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojEax9P2TBE

I always knew that Jeff was 'in a band' but never really got into the specifics. Alex is an incredibly enthusiastic drummer, and I really need to set aside some time to watch him do the Rock Band stream.

• Options
    I actually like a bunch of what I've heard of Midnight Brown, Jeff's electronic....rap....thing.

And then there's also his cover of TommyFebruary6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdfUZScX6wA

steam_sig.png

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I'm not really a fan of any of Jeff's music, but there's no doubt he's got the goddamn enthusiasm for doing that stuff. He goes all-in.

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    So after watching Drew's first cloth map vlog I impulse bought one of the little metal earth SR-71 models he builds at the end. Damn tricky to put together (especially since I haven't built a model since I was, I don't know, 11), but quite fun! I think I did OK, but could have used some smaller-nosed pliers.
    Kitx5St.jpg

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Jeff is awesome but that awesomeness does not extend to his music IMO.

• Options
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Look, lady, I'm a reporter just like you. My eyes are my camera. My rhymes are my microphone. I ain't glorifying Nathan.

• Options
    The Walter Crunk-ite of these streets.

I still love that Jeff did not plan for the Hurdy Gurdy Man and the Rap Man to be the same guy.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Bakalar's line about the Destiny 2 Asshole Edition almost made me have to pull the car over this morning

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    The only thing more amusing than Bitch Get Hunked is that it has an entry on rap genius.

Zxerol on
  • Options
    Is anyone else's premium beastcast feed not working anymore? It just randomly stopped updating.

aeNqQM9.jpg
This discussion has been closed.