As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Harmonix] New Rock Band peripherals are coming!

• Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    I still think RB2's band models where better than anything RB3 did. Plus, the individual attitudes instead of a band wide attitude set by the song genre was better. I also miss seeing the band's name displayed in some of the venues.

Not everything they've done has been an improvement.

I think I miss the individual attitude thing more than anything. It probably took a lot of work to make but I loved them so much. Watching my metal avatar rock out way too hard to some slow quiet song was a thing of joy as much as watching my goth avatar look bored playing metal guitar solos.

• Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
  • Options
    sir_pinch-a-loafsir_pinch-a-loaf #YODORegistered User regular
    edited May 2017

edit: the Twitter embed seems to not be working for me. This week's DLC is Montell Jordan - "This Is How We Do It".
    To kick off May, we’re bringing a massive ‘90s R&B hit to the Rock Band 4 Music Store, while sharing CERTAIN details about what you can expect to see as Rock Band 4 DLC the rest of the month.

In May, you can expect to see the following songs:

blink-182 - "Bored To Death"
    The Isley Brothers - "Shout"
    MGMT - "Kids"
    ...and more!
    One last bit of Rock Band news tucked into today’s press release was two new songs coming soon to Rock Band VR. They will be available to purchase for $2.99 each from the Oculus Store. A release date was not specified.

Green Day – “Basket Case”
    The White Stripes – “Seven Nation Army”

sir_pinch-a-loaf on
  • Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    Only 3 tracks this month? Jeez... are we coming to the end of the road?

• Options
    The impression that I get is that there are more to be announced, but this is all that's ready at the moment.

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Ov3rcharge wrote: »
    Please reference:
    ...and more!

Perrsun on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Huh...I thought Bored to Death was already there? Too bad it isn't She's Out of Her Mind. Now that one is REALLY catchy.

EDIT: I was thinking of Up All Night.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Perrsun wrote: »
    Please reference:
    ...and more!

Fine.

Four tracks.

• Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    Please reference:
    ...and more!

I'm probably being pessimistic, but I feel like if there was more worth announcing they would have announced it today.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Music licensing is hard, yo.

Unfortunately, it's just not that easy. Way, way back in the day, they'd mentioned releasing tracks from The Who. Problem was, it was presented as an example of what they might eventually be able to do. I've heard they didn't actually have any agreement with the band to do so. It backed them into a corner to deliver because people decided it was a promise, not a premise.

And over the years, they started being less and less forthcoming because they'd get backlash because they'd mentioned something and then it didn't happen fast enough for some. The complaints about their inability to provide support in RB3 for the fog machine or the time line for supporting the Xbox wireless LIPS mics for example. Essentially, HMX is now in a position where they will not say anything unless what they are going to say is 100% confirmed for announcement.

One more thing to consider, but placing the expectation on them to provide X number of tracks every week/month because that's what they did before also does not help matters. There are plenty of examples why even HMX's own output has worked against them.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    they mentioned on reddit that more songs new to RB will arrive this month than last.

This is like Still Breathing, where the licensing/whatever meant they couldn't announce it until the week it came out.

edit: and they also sat on Danger Zone due to the fact that it had the Archer skin coming with it.

we've also already had zero song weeks in RB4's run, on patch weeks. Seriously, if DLC is ending, Harmonix will tell us.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    Hey my work internet has been fuuuuuuuuuucked today but it's going now, so....

• Options
    edited May 2017
    http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/your-missions-should-you-choose-to-accept-them/

Missions. Looks similar to RB3 goals but with more direct rewards that you can use like RB2's endless setlist instrument icons.

svxYGxofW4n.gif

FyreWulff on
  • Options

So, I'm slightly more inclined to keep track of people not playing the challenges now. And mildly curious how many active people are in the Arcadian Rejects to see if it's worth merging.

• Options
    Xbox players, time to check your Ready to install. A lot of expired songs have been fixed today, not all, but a lot. I just gained back 42 missing songs.

Metallica
    all of BSSM
    SoaD
    James Brown
    Fleetwood Mac
    Silversun pickups
    Tom Petty
    Am I Crazy
    Blue Collar Man
    By The WAy
    Dears (I'm So Sorry) (.. i don't remember buying this one)
    Dreams
    Edge of Seventeen
    Gold Dust Woman
    Jerk It Out
    Look Around
    Monarchy of Roses
    Nur ein Wort
    Otherside
    Parallel Universe
    Renegade
    Rhiannon
    Seasons
    Sturm & Drang
    Rain Dance Maggie
    Too Much Time on My Hands

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

So, I'm slightly more inclined to keep track of people not playing the challenges now. And mildly curious how many active people are in the Arcadian Rejects to see if it's worth merging.

I've been w/o my instruments for the last couple of weeks, I get them back tomorrow and will get back in the fold.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular

It's pretty much just been me, but if your crew fills back up and people want to join the All Arcadian Rejects, that would be fine! I We have lots of room!

Or if you don't have a full crew, I'd be happy to join yours.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options

It's pretty much just been me, but if your crew fills back up and people want to join the All Arcadian Rejects, that would be fine! I We have lots of room!

Or if you don't have a full crew, I'd be happy to join yours.

Well, we're currently 10/10, but I feel like I haven't seen some people participate in a while.... and I don't want to be too much of a jerk and kick somebody right before the rewards hit, but at the same time I REALLY want that Platinum shirt with the rainbow dinosaur, and if somebody isn't gonna help me get there, then it makes hard choices happen.

I think I'm gonna give people a couple weeks to step it up, or risk the chopping block.

• Options
    https://mobile.twitter.com/rockband/status/864525894181806080

Vocal OD activation via mic disable toggle in the next update

ONLY TOOK 10 YEARS

• Options
    JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    Thank the sweet lord. I suppose activation will still be restricted to highlighted gaps between phrases. Kind of annoying, but otherwise all the existing scores would be up in the air.

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    @Lord palington We had a person drop from our crew, so if you want in, either I can invite you, or you can request an invite to Move Minor Standard. :)

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Yeah I haven't played in a couple months so I opened up a space for someone. Still love RB but I just don't feel like it's a game I'll be playing multiple times a week.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    PAPS4 might need some house cleaning too

I'm pretty sure there's only been three or four people active in the last few months. I basically solo'd us back up to platinum last week and this week we're going back down to gold because I'm not farming 30k+ xp when there's only 53 songs for me to choose from in this weeks challenge

I don't really want to kick people but if someone isn't going to play for months at a time, well, we only get 10 spots

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure I might get back in the swing of things this week. Dark Souls and other games have eaten at my free time. TBF, I'm still super pissed about my PDP Drum Set.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure I might get back in the swing of things this week. Dark Souls and other games have eaten at my free time. TBF, I'm still super pissed about my PDP Drum Set.

You've been one of the active ones. You've carried us on spotlight vocals many many weeks since joining up

• Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    @Perrsun Sent a request to join. I can do okay at guitar and bass, and I technically own a drum set for the game.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    So I can't get the game to recognize that I have Shout by the Isley Brothers purchased and installed despite reloading my entire library, redownloading and reinstalling the DLC and then redownloading and reinstalling via PSN on my PC.

Hopefully this gets fixed before the rivals challenge is over I guess?

• Options
    I think on both PS4 and Xbox sometimes you have to wait for the console's OS to index where the DLC is. Also make sure to quit out of RB completely and then go back in.

• Options
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I think on both PS4 and Xbox sometimes you have to wait for the console's OS to index where the DLC is. Also make sure to quit out of RB completely and then go back in.

That was my hope but even restarting the console didn't allow it to be recognized.

• Options
    Fixed it

If this happens to anyone else (at least on PS4) try reloading your licenses from the System menu (Settings->Playstation Network/Account Management->Restore Licenses)

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Okay, finally got an Xbox One so I can get back on the Rock Band train.

Could anyone walk through the process of transferring all my stuff from the 360 to the One? (I have One, Two, Lego and Blitz (I think) transferred over to Rock Band 3.

Do my 360 instruments automatically work or do I need new ones?

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    USB mics will automatically work. 360 guitars and drums will work, if they're wireless, but they require an adapter: https://smile.amazon.com/Rock-Band-Legacy-Game-Controller-Adapter/dp/B01541ACLQ

Things that you have imported into RB3, as well as DLC, should all come over to RB4 without a problem. They will show up on your Xbox One as "purchased" and you just have to re-download them.

To get Rock Band 3 on-disc songs, you need to purchase an export code, just like you did with previous titles. You do this from within RB4. Details: https://harmonix.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/218075647-How-do-I-export-Rock-Band-3-into-Rock-Band-4-

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Okay, finally got an Xbox One so I can get back on the Rock Band train.

Could anyone walk through the process of transferring all my stuff from the 360 to the One? (I have One, Two, Lego and Blitz (I think) transferred over to Rock Band 3.

Do my 360 instruments automatically work or do I need new ones?

All license transfer from X360 to X1 is handled automatically. You'll just want to go into the manage DLC menu for Rock Band 4 in the dashboard and there should be a nice button to just download everything. The only place you might need to do something is get the Rock Band 3 transfer, which you can purchase in-game within RB4.

As far as 360 instruments go... wired 360 instruments don't work. Wired USB mics just work. (Most) wireless 360 instruments work with this adapter. The new PDP instruments are very good and potentially available very cheap (they were incredibly cheap last Black Friday) so that might be a better option than the adapter.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    The RB4 Rivals/Jaguar bundle is still $40 at GameStop.

• Options
    Groovy, that's very helpful.

So looking at other posts on this page, stuff that lost their license and subsequently got relicensed will just show up for me no problem, right? Is there a handy compendium of stuff that lost their license and hasn't been relicensed?

And I'm guessing I don't even have to ask if the Beatles is still walled off?

• Options

Perhaps you should ask anyway. Just in case.

• Options

Perhaps you should ask anyway. Just in case.

HAI GUYS BEATLES STUFF IS TOTALLY IN ROCK BAND 4 BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE EASY AND CHEAP TO DO, RITE?!?!?

• Options
  • Options
    So looking at other posts on this page, stuff that lost their license and subsequently got relicensed will just show up for me no problem, right? Is there a handy compendium of stuff that lost their license and hasn't been relicensed?
    http://rbdb.online has a flag for availability, if you are interested in stuff that used to be in the store and isn't anymore. But if you have bought the track, it generally is available for download regardless of whether Harmonix has a current license to sell it or not.