As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - The Ravages of Time

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited January 2017 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - The Ravages of Time

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    As the kids would say, "I LOL'd." For whatever reason this one just cracked me up.

What is this I don't even.
  • Comedy RefluxComedy Reflux Web creator FlandersRegistered User regular
    Reading the first panel, I thought we were finally going to see "top ten tasers, number five will shock you".

You missed your chance Jerry, you done fucked up!

Banner_2.jpg
    Back after a three year hiatus!
  • mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    "My Shepard has bird parts."
    "WHAT CHOICES ARE YOU MAKING!?"

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited January 2017
    Not going to lie, I googled to see if this was a real movie.

Tube on
  • RottonappleRottonapple Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Not going to lie, I googled to see if this was a real movie.

Thank you for saving me the trouble.

• RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    His transformation is finally complete.

D083uBC.jpg
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    hehehe

close but not too close

• darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Ravelle wrote: »
    His transformation is finally complete.

That isn't even his final form

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    I won't believe it.
    I don't care. At all.
    But sure, I won't believe it, either.

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I would watch a movie with crocodile Brendan Fraser in it.

• PeriSoftPeriSoft Registered User regular
    I won't wear anything but Guittiari.

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    The internet really wants Brendan Fraser back again.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • RenegadePhantomRenegadePhantom Registered User regular
    Any way to get the Acq Inc stuff without having to go through Amazon? Can I just paypal PA the money and they send me a torrent?

• echtogammutechtogammut Registered User regular
    Holy crap, I just googled his latest image. Dude looks like he could be cast for Emperor Palpitine. I thought he had just gotten a bit hefty, but he looks like he may have been taking de drugs or has some kind of disease. I wish the guy the best, hopefully he is just someone that aged badly.

• WordLustWordLust Fort Wayne, INRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Brendan Fraser's career peaked at Encino Man.

Or possibly Encino Man 2, which some would call George of the Jungle.

*edit*

No wait! Airheads was awesome, but I always forget that Brendan Fraser was the third guy. All I see is Steve Buscemi.

WordLust on
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Brendan Fraser's best work was his reoccurring character, Ben Sullivan, on Scrubs.

Also, one of the saddest television episodes I've ever seen. All the feels.

• RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Brendan Fraser's best work was his reoccurring character, Ben Sullivan, on Scrubs.

Also, one of the saddest television episodes I've ever seen. All the feels.

Totally.

D083uBC.jpg
  • patrizl001patrizl001 Registered User regular
    reddit.com/r/savebrendan

• GrimsikGrimsik Registered User new member
    That 2016 copyright, time to update.

• ziddersroofurryziddersroofurry Registered User regular
    This is one of the few PA's that's confused me. He looks pretty good at least from this pic taken last year. http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Brendan+Fraser+Tuesday+Children+Roots+Resilience+24YOKim6ZJ8l.jpg
    That said if this means he's making a cameo in the new Mummy movie where he plays a crocodile that devours Tom Cruise I'll be the first in line at the ticket counter.

• MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    This is one of the few PA's that's confused me. He looks pretty good at least from this pic taken last year. http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Brendan+Fraser+Tuesday+Children+Roots+Resilience+24YOKim6ZJ8l.jpg
    That said if this means he's making a cameo in the new Mummy movie where he plays a crocodile that devours Tom Cruise I'll be the first in line at the ticket counter.

I think the comic is just poking fun at the various kinds of clickbait you see all over the internet with titles like, "You won't believe what so-and-so looks like now," or "Here's a list of something. #3 will blow your mind," or "The crowd was cheering but he/she didn't know why..."

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    And on top of that, I'm pretty sure I scrolled past a "You won't BELIEVE what Brendan Fraser looks like NOW!" link within the last couple of weeks.

Ripped from the headlines.

• RenegadePhantomRenegadePhantom Registered User regular
    Just checked my 'region appropriate' link for the holiday special... and it's complete bs. 5 dollars should equal about 4~ euro's. And instead, the EU price is 10 euro's. More then double of what Americans pay. Sorry guys, but this is just ridiculous. I've been a PA fan for a long time, and have been a part of Club PA since it's started, but I can't endorse regional pricing differences. Please, consider a different distribution method for this with fair pricing.

• ziddersroofurryziddersroofurry Registered User regular
    MarcinMN wrote: »

I think the comic is just poking fun at the various kinds of clickbait you see all over the internet with titles like, "You won't believe what so-and-so looks like now," or "Here's a list of something. #3 will blow your mind," or "The crowd was cheering but he/she didn't know why..."
    ...and I scrolled right past a bunch of those images while looking for that one, got the joke and then proceeded to think. "Nah...that's not it." I'm really dense sometimes lol.

• shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    mmm thats some good crispy duck chomp chomp chomp

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Just checked my 'region appropriate' link for the holiday special... and it's complete bs. 5 dollars should equal about 4~ euro's. And instead, the EU price is 10 euro's. More then double of what Americans pay. Sorry guys, but this is just ridiculous. I've been a PA fan for a long time, and have been a part of Club PA since it's started, but I can't endorse regional pricing differences. Please, consider a different distribution method for this with fair pricing.
    I have no knowledge into the inner workings of international pricing, but I'm guessing that if PA priced it at 10€, it's because they had to for some reason. Tycho said he chose to price it at $5 because of Louis C.K. So I bet 10€ is either a mistake or the result of some unavoidable taxes/fees. I would recommend asking PA directly.

• sawellssawells Registered User regular
    I think the price disparity on the AI holiday special is primarily Amazon-driven. The Vimeo link is better value, I've just bought via Vimeo in the UK and it's just over £4.

Twitter: @EssayWells
  • dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    It's as if he's subject to the same passage of time as everyone else. Also, he has three kids, which is a 2x-3x multiplier.

I don't look at fantastic as I did ten years ago, either. And I never looked very fantastic to begin with...

• LttlefootLttlefoot Registered User regular
    Was thinking of rewatching Bedazzled which reminded me of this comic. Now I’m cackling on the train