Options

May the [chat] bless you

• Options
    wafflesmageewafflesmagee I like pancakes. Registered User regular
    Aaah Raygun tees. I have one from them that says Kiss Me I'm Iowish. Because Iowa.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    Eddy I somehow missed it when it happened and have only been reading the after-stuff but what happened to your leg?

edit - what I mean is how did you break it

I was skiing on an easy slope and fell over

I don't remember the specifics I was going sort of fast and fell and then I was on the ground and my leg bone was folding and moving around in the leg

I was worried I was bleeding out as that can happen wiTh a femur break but other than the leg I felt fine - I recall I was able to see very clearly and sharply and taste the cold air and I figured if I was dying probably my senses would falter

Then they put me on a sled and took me down the hill to an ambulance and I figured I would be fine

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    N train pls v.v

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    watching the first four batman movies and aside from the Joker's gang in Batman and MAYBE the Red Triangle Circus gang in Returns, why the fuck would anyone sign up to be a henchman for Two Face or Mr. Freeze?

You have to wear ridiculous outfits, and your boss is likely going to kill you. Do you even get paid? If you're on the left side of Two Face at the dinner table do you have to eat raw steak?

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I think people who think the 2020 elections (or even the 2018 elections) are going to be a cakewalk are kind of delusional.

I mean, everyone thought this election would be an extremely obvious one. Even the guy that won thought he had no chance.

And now that the terrible people have a shitload of power, it's a problem. Like, "the 2016 elections weren't preceeded by a giant orange manbaby flailing on twitter" is true, but they were preceeded by a secret kenyan muslim who tried to take away everyone's guns and turn us into communists with his healthcare system that nearly destroyed the country.

There's a giant wall of propaganda and bullshit we have to hack through and we have to start yesterday. We can do it, but you can't just assume it'll be a piece of cake, because that is absolutely what the evil people running misinformation campaigns want you to think. They're gonna do all they can to make you have to basically be a card carrying republican in order to vote and have it be counted.

Like sure, they should be a piece of cake. But people having critical thinking skills and taking ten seconds to google things that are obvious lies is also something that should happen, but it certainly doesn't. I've literally been told that multiple sources and snopes articles aren't as factual as a blurry jpg with obvious altered and fake quotes before. It's not gonna be easy. It's absolutely possible, just not easy.

And now, a slightly too large to post inline comic about Minecraft Vs. Rimworld

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    this is the fucking opposite of kennedy vs nixon

instead of picking the calm, collected, composed, and classy individual we picked the smarmy, sweating, smug, and sanctimonious idiot*.

how the fuck did this happen???

*i forgot sniffling

and all that stuff you'd have thought about like, looking presidential, not being fucking weird to watch/listen to during a debate (WHAT THE FUCK WAS THE SNIFFING?)

imagine a 'soft liberal' waving their hands and flopping their wrists like trump did

imagine a 'soft liberal' trying to get elected from a gold coated house in a tower in fucking NYC! HOW IS THIS THE GUY!

I can't fucking understand any of it

IOWYAR

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    ah yes. the human condition.

thank you elks

I like that picture. I like hands, and I like touching, and hands touching hands is always moving to me. There's a reason advertisers always love to use that imagery, and it enrages me to an irrational degree that someone would use it to try to sell me things.

It's also a bit melancholy I suppose, and from the caption it's clear that Kachanov is in a rough place. But it's still kind of beautiful. And hands will always be a driving force in much of humanistic photography.

palm to palm... the devil's kiss

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    @Burnage it is pretty cool that a painting over 200 years old still resonates with the human mind

I forget sometimes just how much I enjoy art, in a really straightforward way

Like, I just stumbled on some of Alphonse Mucha's work and it genuinely took my breath away
    jIeVDQJ.jpg
    qTFszLV.jpg?1

• Options
    oh wait are we done talking about politics shit

uh

here's a fat chocobo again

MkUDKJV.jpg

(play this game it's so good, and let me know if you need a referral! Free XP boost items!)

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    N train pls v.v

squirtle

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I think people who think the 2020 elections (or even the 2018 elections) are going to be a cakewalk are kind of delusional.

I mean, everyone thought this election would be an extremely obvious one. Even the guy that won thought he had no chance.

And now that the terrible people have a shitload of power, it's a problem. Like, "the 2016 elections weren't preceeded by a giant orange manbaby flailing on twitter" is true, but they were preceeded by a secret kenyan muslim who tried to take away everyone's guns and turn us into communists with his healthcare system that nearly destroyed the country.

There's a giant wall of propaganda and bullshit we have to hack through and we have to start yesterday. We can do it, but you can't just assume it'll be a piece of cake, because that is absolutely what the evil people running misinformation campaigns want you to think. They're gonna do all they can to make you have to basically be a card carrying republican in order to vote and have it be counted.

Like sure, they should be a piece of cake. But people having critical thinking skills and taking ten seconds to google things that are obvious lies is also something that should happen, but it certainly doesn't. I've literally been told that multiple sources and snopes articles aren't as factual as a blurry jpg with obvious altered and fake quotes before. It's not gonna be easy. It's absolutely possible, just not easy.

I imagine Trump will retire and Ivanka will run in his stead. That's going to be a tough one.

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Eddy I somehow missed it when it happened and have only been reading the after-stuff but what happened to your leg?

I don't remember the specifics I was going sort of fast and fell and then I was on the ground and my leg bone was folding and moving around in the leg

I was worried I was bleeding out as that can happen wiTh a femur break but other than the leg I felt fine - I recall I was able to see very clearly and sharply and taste the cold air and I figured if I was dying probably my senses would falter

Then they put me on a sled and took me down the hill to an ambulance and I figured I would be fine

daaaaaaaaaamn. glad you're okay

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    what is game sniperguy?

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options

I imagine Trump will retire and Ivanka will run in his stead. That's going to be a tough one.

I mean Pence is the one actually in charge. Trump's just there to be a big orange traffic cone of distraction. With tiny hands.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular

@Variable

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    It's not fat chocobo. It's full figured chocobo, SniperGuy.

• Options
    what is game sniperguy?

FFXIV, one of the best MMOs ever. You'd think it'd be all weird and half-japanese, but in fact the translation team is excellent and there are so many awesome modern conveniences and it's gorgeous and I love it.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    watching the first four batman movies and aside from the Joker's gang in Batman and MAYBE the Red Triangle Circus gang in Returns, why the fuck would anyone sign up to be a henchman for Two Face or Mr. Freeze?

You have to wear ridiculous outfits, and your boss is likely going to kill you. Do you even get paid? If you're on the left side of Two Face at the dinner table do you have to eat raw steak?

Money doesn't grow on Gotham Central Park trees

• Options

LIES

gfssUO6.jpg

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular

LIES

http://i.imgur.com/gfssUO6.jpg

Search your feelings! You know it to be true.

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    I'm gonna shower and try to get all this politics off of me.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    moniker wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    So I bought tickets to Philadelphia in the hopes of attending this thing:
    https://www.womensmarch.com
    (and maybe checking out stuff like Carpenter's Hall (sit down, John!)).

I don't know what I'm doing, but I figure this is the inauguration to do it at.

Hell yes. I'm doing the local one here with my mom.

Help me brainstorm good signs :)

65,844,954 > You

Minority President Trump

No Popular Mandate! Low Energy! Sad!

Abolish the Wage System, Callie

@So It Goes It's actually been difficult to think of a single signworthy thing, so I'm leaning towards something like this:

post-obama-meme.jpg

(Ironically, this copy is pulled from an article where the author is using it as an example of what conservatives have to put up with these days....)

I wanna get this on a doormat or something

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Original Fat Chocobo? Is there a New and Improved Fat Chocobo?

Do you have to trade your Fat Chocobo in for a younger model? :bigfrown:

• Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular

Protection, sense on belonging, chance for power and prestige.

Normal gang stuff.

• Options
    Atomika wrote: »

65,844,954 > You

Minority President Trump

+"So It Goes" It's actually been difficult to think of a single signworthy thing, so I'm leaning towards something like this:

post-obama-meme.jpg

(Ironically, this copy is pulled from an article where the author is using it as an example of what conservatives have to put up with these days....)

For reals, this might actually motivate me to get off my ass and make a lazer light show that projects on my garage door.. Every Night.

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »
    Original Fat Chocobo? Is there a New and Improved Fat Chocobo?

Do you have to trade your Fat Chocobo in for a younger model? :bigfrown:

It's not even the actual original one. The white one came from some amazon promotion forever ago apparently.

You can get a yellow one by buying the collector's edition

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Squeakel wrote: »
    Took me like 4 hours to get out of bed today after having a nightmare. This whole depression thing is really getting old.

:sad:

*hug, nephew*

<3

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

65,844,954 > You

Minority President Trump

@So It Goes It's actually been difficult to think of a single signworthy thing, so I'm leaning towards something like this:

post-obama-meme.jpg

OMG I want a "don't tread on me" door mat.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    (play this game it's so good, and let me know if you need a referral! Free XP boost items!)

I've played for 20 hours and I haven't seen you in the game yet.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The gold coating looks worn-brass, at best.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular

65,844,954 > You

Minority President Trump

post-obama-meme.jpg

You mean, have it put on a t-shirt for Eddy to wear?

• Options
    wafflesmageewafflesmagee I like pancakes. Registered User regular
    18fc93f8ae66b988db2d9f58f07720b9.jpg

yep.

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

I've played for 20 hours and I haven't seen you in the game yet.

I'm running around in expansion zones lately. I know waffles has seen you! I'm Dohaeris Evitain in game. You want a referral thingy? What's your email? If you sub for a month we both get a "Friendship Circlet" which Increases EXP earned by 20% when level 25 and below, which is nice and handy for those alt classes.

Also the part where you can level every class on one character is the best.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    yeah, we've got loads of raw power

• Options

65,844,954 > You

Minority President Trump

post-obama-meme.jpg

dare you enter my magical realm?

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    yeah, we've got loads of raw power

9FOrrhk.jpg

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »

65,844,954 > You

Minority President Trump

post-obama-meme.jpg

dare you enter my magical realm?

I hear you let anyone into your magical realm if they seem complicated and dark

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Here's a fun depression game to play. Stick your fingers in your pants and then slowly bring them to your nose. When you start dry heaving measure the distance left in inches. That's your 1-10 depression scale.

Ludious on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The heat is barely on here today.

I think I need to put on a scarf or something.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I am taking my first open water lesson in a pool. Scuba diving is definitely a cult.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
This discussion has been closed.