As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] Tax

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    i referred to Duke University as the North Carolina Finishing School for Douche Bags today and i felt pretty satisfied with myself

I see how it is

i referred to Duke University as the North Carolina Finishing School for Douche Bags today and i felt pretty satisfied with myself

Dick Vitale likes them, so yeah that's pretty much correct.

growing up north carolina adjacent, Duke/UNC is one of those sports rivalries that vomits over into neighboring areas and like

UNC fans are insufferable

but I've never met a single person who went to Duke and isn't a giant douche

:(:(:(

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA EAT SHIT YOU SHARK

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    i just realized the conversation in which this whole duke univ talk started involved me

a guy named brett
    a guy named tyler
    and two different chads

Wow that's like amazing.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Wait were people talking about imagine dragons

I've never heard of them but I just walked by our new hire orientation and they are playing one of their music videos

Am I

Is this the matrix

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Hey

That plant that's growing through my floorboards in Fallen London

Heedlessly encouraging its growth regardless of the strange cravings I'm compelled to satisfy for it is a perfectly fine idea right

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    omg shark did you go to duke

case in point qed eggheads

yes I did

i'm going to incorrectly use the phrase the exception proves the rule right now so i can get out of this

No no no, by all means, stick to your guns.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Huh

New mouse arrived

For only $10 its a great mouse. I'm a relatively low DPI guy though, and there's four DPI settings - way too low, too low, way too high and why would anyone use this.

It's also a fairly dedicated palm grip mouse, and it turns out I'm a claw grip guy. It's also heavy! Aparently i can open it up and remove two weights (this isn't intended, but it's doable). Might just send it back though.

That's like a crazy amount of features for a 10 dollar mouse

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

I've never heard of them but I just walked by our new hire orientation and they are playing one of their music videos

Am I

Is this the matrix

well no they were talking about immortal technique but close enough

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Hey

Heedlessly encouraging its growth regardless of the strange cravings I'm compelled to satisfy for it is a perfectly fine idea right
    yes

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    a

I see how it is

Dick Vitale likes them, so yeah that's pretty much correct.

growing up north carolina adjacent, Duke/UNC is one of those sports rivalries that vomits over into neighboring areas and like

UNC fans are insufferable

but I've never met a single person who went to Duke and isn't a giant douche

:(:(:(

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA EAT SHIT YOU SHARK

*dries tears with a 2015 NCAA Final Four T-Shirt*

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options

Am I

Is this the matrix

they are p mainstream

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I like imagine dragons cus I take their name literally and never listen to their music.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Huh

New mouse arrived

For only $10 its a great mouse. I'm a relatively low DPI guy though, and there's four DPI settings - way too low, too low, way too high and why would anyone use this.

It's also a fairly dedicated palm grip mouse, and it turns out I'm a claw grip guy. It's also heavy! Aparently i can open it up and remove two weights (this isn't intended, but it's doable). Might just send it back though.

like i'd be surprised if any of them actually worked properly at that price point

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    Hey

yes

Good

Good

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    We should Thieves together. It'll have crossplay, so we should have more than enough bodies.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    UNC more like EwwNC

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Hey

yes

worked for rick moranis

• Options
    oh man now I can't wear this one

*opens closet*

let's see, should I wear the 2010 t-shirt, or the 2001 t-shirt, or the 1992 long sleeve or the 1991 hoodie...

• Options
    BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    edited January 2017

Am I

Is this the matrix

You must have managed to avoid watching a single CW show for the last three years.

BSoB on
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I have to say, I really appreciate Querry's intellectual curiosity. I've dated several people, and most of them either preemptively accepted that they couldn't understand what I did or just didn't really care about the details. Querry asks questions about everything and has had me sit down and explain all of my projects for her until she understood them, so I can say "so I found that the voltage threshold has been decreasing for sensory afferent stimulation" or whatever and she can understand. I off-handedly referenced compatibilism at the play the other day and she made me explain before intermission was over.

It's weird how refreshing that is. I didn't realize how much I needed that in a partner.
    Yeah, I miss this. Like, lots. It's probably why I keep posting weird screeds here and on Facebook. My wife was brilliant and intelligent and was usually interested in what I was doing and wanted to hear more or have me explain what I was thinking. My friends and coworkers generally don't do this. So I spend a lot of time shouting into the void (metaphorically), hoping for a response that never comes.

What play did you go to?

She also knows verrrrry basics about what neural nets are because she's curious

We went to Into the Woods! It was really, really good, wondering if it's gonna be the high point of the month I recall for the state of the relationship talk.

• Options
    oh man now I can't wear this one

*opens closet*

let's see, should I wear the 2010 t-shirt, or the 2001 t-shirt, or the 1992 long sleeve or the 1991 hoodie...

Careful where you throw those shirts, you might trip somebody "accidentally".

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    I'M
    RADIOACTIVE
    RA
    DIO
    ACTIVE

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    College sports banter

• Options
    oh man into the woods is @ludious' favorite i believe

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    was it calling into the woods good or

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    oh he was already here

that's how much he likes it

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    credeiki wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Porp asks me about work all the time and I usually just give a one word answer because I don't find my own job all that interesting or fulfilling and certainly don't feel like talking or thinking about it after hours

This has happened going the other direction but I have pestered her until she started talking because it's kind of important for me to feel at least in on what she does, if nothing else.

Yeah I generally explain what my projects are (if I am allowed to) but honestly the day-to-day stuff is really quite boring and not worth talking about. I much prefer talking about the hospital stuff instead. Sometimes I will ask aersien if I should bore him to sleep/tranquility by talking about work heh...

I mean, often the day-to-day results for me are "I discovered nothing because science is the worst," but when something good happens I can talk about it. She is just not super talkative when she gets home from work (which is fair, work is hard and she deserves a rest, but it's important for me to feel some connection to that.)

• Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    Not again. Can somebody reboot the Ludious? I did it last time.

• Options
    The song "into the woods"

and that one where the two dudes try to one up each other

Those are some good songs

The rest of that musical is weird.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    i will hate on duke, and shark by extension, until they offer me a job and then i will always have supported them, and shark by extension

Arch on
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    oh he was already here

that's how much he likes it

Did you see that ludious display last night??

• Options
    Also if you run out of championship shirts, Landshark, I can lend you three more.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Ludious wrote: »
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    was it calling into the woods good or

I'll fight you

Also this particular performance had everyone playing two roles and had no pit orchestra because the music was played by whoever wasn't in the scene, it was amazing

• Options
    Arch wrote: »
    i will hate on duke, and shark by extension, until they offer me a job and then i will always have supported them, and shark by extension

fair

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Huh

New mouse arrived

I'm considering leaving work since i think i pinched a nerve in my wrist

It's a great mouse and yet, owewweeewwwwww

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    a
    Also if you run out of championship shirts, Landshark, I can lend you three more.

why would you have shirts from years you weren't even alive

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Christian Laetnner went to Duke

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    I like imagine dragons cus I take their name literally and never listen to their music.

It's how they're best listened to.

• Options
    Arch wrote: »

what kind of job you looking for

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    One argument I've heard for why it woulda been better if America didn't split off from Britain is that they outlawed slavery well before we did

But, like, y'know, even if we didn't split...if the crown said ok no more slavery, I doubt the south would've just been like, well sure ok, yer the boss

I wonder how that would've played out

This discussion has been closed.