Options

The Trump Administration Thread Is Now Happening

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    a nu start wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »
    qIuE6tI.png
    This is a well dressed guy at the inauguration.

This guy for real? He looks like an 80s movie interpretation of what a spy looks like.

I need to watch Cloak and Dagger again.
    Actually an 60s Italian mobster.

In reality it's just a semi-formal outside wear from New York.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Pony wrote: »
    qIuE6tI.png

This guy for real? He looks like an 80s movie interpretation of what a spy looks like.

maybe he's one of those time travelers that everyone was watching for

Dressed as a Completely Ordinary Male Human from the mid 20th... wait. *checks time dial again* splarg!

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Pony wrote: »
    qIuE6tI.png

maybe he's one of those time travelers that everyone was watching for
    moniker wrote: »
    Whelp, confirmation that time travel definitely doesn't exist.
    I mean, this is where we are now. :)
    2e9b230c2c5345339761941f7645bc1a?fit=max&h=1536&w=1536&s=66a4ebc053466f3fcf4d0c239e39a06b

Panda4You on
  • Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    Even the right seem kind of mad about that memorial.

Remember when Trump attacked a Gold Star family and his approval dropped like a rock?

The problem is that the right will forget about this after a month.

It's going to be real hard to forget about it when there will be a new stupid thing every week for the next 4 years and CNN having found their balls.

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »

Do we have sources on Gross' numbers

It's his estimation based on the images from the event using the same techniques he did the last time. The National Forest Service doesn't make estimates public anymore.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    SealSeal Registered User regular
    I kind of enjoy the people holding up cell phones to take pictures and they're surrounded by millions of dollars in camera equipment, the one guy literally standing beside a big expensive TV camera and 5 different people with 10 different cameras with giant telephoto lenses attached between them. And he's holding up his camera to take a picture.

• Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular

The only hard numbers I've found so far are from the Metro for total rides on inauguration day:

Trump: 570,557
    Obama 09: 1.1M
    Obama 13: 782K

Today as of 1PM: 470K

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    KaputaKaputa Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Trace wrote: »
    Nah the guy in the plaid tie behind the Justices is the best.
    You win, that expression is hilarious.

But Bush's expression conveys more than disgust. It seems like he's experiencing some sort of existential horror, perhaps at the notion that the same party that elected him would later bring Trump to power.

Kaputa on
  • Options
    Kaputa wrote: »
    You win, that expression is hilarious.

But Bush's expression conveys more than disgust. It seems like he's experience some sort of existential horror, perhaps at the notion that the same party that elected him would later bring Trump to power.

That the methods used by people who put him into power would eventually matasticize into Trump, you mean.

Bush was an important stepping stone on the path from Eisenhower to Trump. Let's not sell him short, here.

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    Seal wrote: »
    That lady: "The media needs to be nicer to Trump so his feelings aren't hurt and he feels the need to obsess over them being mean. Just because he's obsessing over something doesn't mean the media should stoop to his level."

Jesus. Fucking. Christ.

Like for fucks sakes: Fox is appalled by this.

• Options
    Gaddez wrote: »
    That lady: "The media needs to be nicer to Trump so his feelings aren't hurt and he feels the need to obsess over them being mean. Just because he's obsessing over something doesn't mean the media should stoop to his level."

Jesus. Fucking. Christ.

Through the looking glass, people.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I think Fox just saw what the next fours years is going to be like.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular

Handgimp wrote: »

The only hard numbers I've found so far are from the Metro for total rides on inauguration day:

Spider lied about Metro numbers too, then

I'll wait for the transcript, but he made it sound like the Metro numbers were up from Obama's inaugural

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular

Nah.
    grump.png

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular

Jesus. Fucking. Christ.

Didn't somebody just, like two hours ago, post how Fox just did something of a purge to make sure everybody was sufficiently on board the Trump Train? This isn't just Fox, this is Fox intentionally primed to better shill for Trump, and they STILL can't bring themselves to do it.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    That CNN Gigapixel whatever on their front page has some -pained- faces in it.

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2017/01/politics/trump-inauguration-gigapixel/

Hooooooooow does this photo resolution exiiiiiiist?!

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    EclecticGrooveEclecticGroove Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Handgimp wrote: »

Spider lied about Metro numbers too, then

I'll wait for the transcript, but he made it sound like the Metro numbers were up from Obama's inaugural

Of course they were. Trump's started with a 5, and Obama 09 a 1. 5>1, so Trump wins.

The 13 numbers don't count of course.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Honk wrote: »

We had to get something out of Roswell.

• Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular

Jesus, I think there were more people marching in Denver today than there were at Trump's inauguration, if those numbers are right.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »

360 degree photo stitching. You can see it if you pan all the way left and look at the guys by the camera, there are artifacts all over the place. They also likely took pictures at multiple levels of zoom, so you're not actually zooming in on one picture, you're changing between picture zoom levels.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    OptimusZed on

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    I do wonder how bad media companies will really have it for the next 4 years. Trump just nominated an anti-net neutrality guy to be the next head of the FCC. So they're going to reduce regulations on media companies and maybe even get rid of net neutrality. When that happens, internet providers, many of which own big media companies, can throttle people. Comcast can make it so that people only get full internet speed when they use NBC, Charter can do it with CNN. Other big media companies like Disney and CBS will have the resources to pay internet providers for access or even get into the internet provider business. So Trump's own actions could end up benefiting all these big media companies. Especially if they lax regulations enough for the big media companies to stamp out their smaller rivals.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Trump is gonna project alllllllllllllll over.

A fantastic day and evening in Washington D.C.Thank you to FoxNews and so many other news outlets for the GREAT reviews of the speech!

The context is of the American Carnage speech. Not...whatever today was.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    dthndrg0nron.jpg

This guy is playing Candy Crush I think.

7xk20dszpnov.jpg

Walter White?!

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Zomro wrote: »
    I didn't watch the inauguration speech but read the transcript

I gotta say, when I read the part about patriotism, I absolutely read it as "when you love your country you love everyone in it, without prejudice"

It never even crossed my mind that he could have meant "nah you're justified in your prejudice" until I read some of the responses in here

It's not "you're justified in your prejudice", it's more like, "nothing you do is prejudiced, because you're patriots"

It's also the tried and true Republican mantra of "you're the real racists". Support for Trump is patriotic and patriots can't be prejudiced. Not supporting Trump is unpatriotic, thus they are ones who are prejudiced.

Not to single out UV here, but there has been a rash these past couple days of people coming in and basically saying that we should take Trump 'literally, but not seriously', ignoring the context and history of his words and actions. Especially that one line, in particular. I guess it depends on whether or not you think he's already depleted the credit you should give him (the banks refuse to offer him more).
    Even the right seem kind of mad about that memorial.

Remember when Trump attacked a Gold Star family and his approval dropped like a rock?

The problem is that the right will forget about this after a month.

It's going to be real hard to forget about it when there will be a new stupid thing every week for the next 4 years and CNN having found their balls.

I'm willing to give CNN credit for individual stories and contributors....but I really don't think they deserve credit as an organization after hiring Landowski, and now replacing him with Rick fucking Santorum

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Kaputa wrote: »

George W. Bush's is the best

He actually might have had something else on his mind, with both his parents in the hospital at the time. There was a moment when they were all walking in that he looked really really depressed. Perked up when he got to talk to Obama, then back to this dour face for the speech.

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I know I just made a Politifact joke a few pages back, but when they're not doing their cute graphics and actually writing down raw facts, they're usually not so bad. The historical figures for inauguration attendance at the National Mall (which is apparently a lot more modern than I thought?)

Barack Obama, 2013: 1 million

Barack Obama, 2009: 1.8 million (generally considered a record for people on the National Mall)

George W. Bush, 2005: 400,000

George W. Bush, 2001: 300,000

Bill Clinton, 1997: 250,000

Bill Clinton, 1993: 800,000

George H.W. Bush, 1989: 300,000

Ronald Reagan, 1985: 140,000 tickets sold, but record cold moved the swearing-in ceremony indoors

Ronald Reagan, 1981: 10,000, according to the New York Times. This was the first year the ceremony was performed on the west side of the Capitol.

Reagan was kind of an anomaly since it was a new thing, I guess, but if the 250,000 number is accurate, the last four presidents all beat him at their first inauguration, and the two democrats beat him by multiples, and on second terms (which tend to show significant drops from first), they still beat him handily except for Clinton, who he only managed to tie.

Now, if we showed these numbers to Trump, his takeaway is that, "I had twenty-five times more people at my inauguration than Ronald Reagan. THE Ronald Reagan. Twenty-five! Biggest ever! Yuuge!"

Hevach on
  • Options
    Also I know they needed to get signal above the crowd and everything but I can't help but start screaming internally at scissor lifts being left that high around a crowd.

Like, I'm sure they're secured somewhere at the bottom, but goddamn. Makes me twitchy.

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    Hahahahahahaha we're so fucked

so so fucked

Fucking hell this is hilarious

And you've made it to acceptance

Welcome

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    "I have the biggest dick." - President Trump, for the next four years.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    ZibblsnrtZibblsnrt Registered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »
    I know I just made a Politifact joke a few pages back, but when they're not doing their cute graphics and actually writing down raw facts, they're usually not so bad. The historical figures for inauguration attendance at the National Mall (which is apparently a lot more modern than I thought?)

Barack Obama, 2013: 1 million

Barack Obama, 2009: 1.8 million (generally considered a record for people on the National Mall)

George W. Bush, 2005: 400,000

George W. Bush, 2001: 300,000

Bill Clinton, 1997: 250,000

Bill Clinton, 1993: 800,000

George H.W. Bush, 1989: 300,000

Ronald Reagan, 1985: 140,000 tickets sold, but record cold moved the swearing-in ceremony indoors

Ronald Reagan, 1981: 10,000, according to the New York Times. This was the first year the ceremony was performed on the west side of the Capitol.

Reagan was kind of an anomaly since it was a new thing, I guess, but if the 250,000 number is accurate, the last four presidents all beat him at their first inauguration, and the two democrats beat him by multiples, and on second terms (which tend to show significant drops from first), they still beat him handily except for Clinton, who he only managed to tie.

Now, if we showed these numbers to Trump, his takeaway is that, "I had twenty-five times more people at my inauguration than Ronald Reagan. THE Ronald Reagan. Twenty-five! Biggest ever! Yuuge!"

Reagan's second one is kind of telling in terms of how popular he was at the time - the windchill that day was something absurd like -30.

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited January 2017

so yeah. This is the world we live in now.

CNN's decision to not directly play blatant lies and propaganda gives me more respect for them than I've had in years.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    "I have the biggest dick." - President Trump, for the next four years.

Counter-point
    2c93c1B.png?1

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    if you don't give the press access they have to find stories somehow. they might have to dig in places you don't want them!

not everything is a power play. it's amazing someone so obsessed with power and celebrity could be so bad at managing it. I guess that sounds silly since he road celebrity to the damn presidency but I guess I'd call him one note. and that note isn't apt for the president, someone who truly does have all the power and status of the world. it's like, nothing is expensive enough to be impressive when you're in that role, all his old games don't work.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    There's some, uh, ongoing reaction to the conference.

I have no idea what he's saying. Which is par for the course with Fleischer.

• Options
    Raiden333 wrote: »

CNN's decision to not directly play blatant lies and propaganda gives me more respect for them than I've had in years.

All it took was some abuse from Idiot in Chief they helped get elected by doing exactly what they didn't do today.

I guess I should give them a thumbs up, but goddamn it would've been nice for them to show that level of professionalism when they were airing Trump's speeches unedited and unanalyzed constantly.

• Options
    Dac wrote: »
    Raiden333 wrote: »

All it took was some abuse from Idiot in Chief they helped get elected by doing exactly what they didn't do today.

I guess I should give them a thumbs up, but goddamn it would've been nice for them to show that level of professionalism when they were airing Trump's speeches unedited and unanalyzed constantly.

But, as that CNN bigwig explained in his not-apology, they made so much money!

• Options

I have no idea what he's saying. Which is par for the course with Fleischer.

The statement that Spicer gave was ordered by Trump.

• Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    You know Trump is just sitting in front of a T.V. and fuming right now.

His motorcade from the CIA meeting had to go past the protesters. He got that shit up close.

• Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Narbus wrote: »
    You know Trump is just sitting in front of a T.V. and fuming right now.

His motorcade from the CIA meeting had to go past the protesters. He got that shit up close.

Video if you're curious.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
This discussion has been closed.