Options

The Trump Administration Thread Is Now Happening

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »

The hatchet-faced dude's reaction almost killed me.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Even the right seem kind of mad about that memorial.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular

Oh my god those shared looks

"Oh, fuck me"
    "Oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no"

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    OptimusZed on

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited January 2017

Remember when Trump attacked a Gold Star family and his approval dropped like a rock?

The problem is that the right will forget about this after a month.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty furious.

Say what you will about the CIA, those are people who gave their life for this country did not care about getting recognition. Their families know that they're gone, but they don't know why or how.

Anyways this is some SNL levels of humor:

• Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    It's like I said a couple of weeks ago; the reason the media plays nice is the promise of access and the cycle of mutual legitimization.

They've taken that away, from CNN specifically, and it has changed the dynamic in a significant way.

They exclusively play CNN on the break room TVs at work. It's fun to be able to see people shitting on Trump during my breaks, and I know it pisses off my co-workers who voted for Trump.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Kaputa wrote: »
    Zibblsnrt wrote: »
    I think you have to respect the office, especially if you don't respect the man.

I'd take that phrase more seriously if it wasn't nearly always meant as "hey now, let's not be too mean to the president," particularly when the office is occupied by someone who behaves as though lese-majeste is a thing.
    I don't understand the "respect the office" thing at all. Should I respect people more because they're in a position of political power?

You're supposed to respect the office even if he doesn't.

It's the whole 'when they go low, we go high' thing. But now it's couched in all that 'elections have consequences' with a dash of 'get over it'.

And it is completely possible to 'respect the office' if you believe in things like that the president has the country's best interests at heart and so on. But we're at a point where it doesn't matter how august or important the job is, the man doing it is the worst possible example (currently known...) to be doing it. And he will drag everything down with him in a vain attempt to prove his worth.
    A Narcissist's Prayer

That didn't happen.

And if it did, it wasn't that bad.

And if it was, that's not a big deal.

And if it is, that's not my fault.

And if it was, I didn't mean it.

And if I did...

You deserved it.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited January 2017
    Next briefing from Spicer will see him demand everyone in the room say there are five lights.

Bogart on
  • Options
    gripgrip Registered User regular
    All Trump wants to do is retreat to Trump Tower and the narcissistic delusional paradise it represents. He spent 24 consecutive hours in reality and it nearly killed him. For the first time in his life he's in a situation where he can't control everyone and everything.

www.goodbyecody.com
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Panda4You wrote: »
    Oghulk wrote: »
    "We had a great transition"

lmao

He's seriously acting like he's still campaigning.
    this entire thing is going to be a campaign
    Make whitey great again!
    GTY-trump-oath-crowd-jef-170120_12x5_1600.jpg

FFS YOU CAN SEE DOWN THE STREETS ON EITHER SIDE AND YOU CAN EVEN SEE THE EXPOSED WHITE TARP IN THE BACK OF THE PHOTO.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Bogart wrote: »
    Next briefing from Spicer will see him demand everyone in the room say there are five lights.

I actually have an exclusive preview of his Monday press conference for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWENGFKQaL0

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    So with them hitting Nixonish levels of paranoia and promising to re-invade Iraq to commit a war crime and to commit separate war crimes, I think we can jump them passed Hayes (not entirely his fault the GOP struck the bargain to get him elected, he had help) and Jefferson to 16th worst.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    That CNN Gigapixel whatever on their front page has some -pained- faces in it.

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2017/01/politics/trump-inauguration-gigapixel/

Trace on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    they set him up for this

this is his first daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay and he did something pathetic

I'm so glad I got to watch

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Trace wrote: »

That crowd is uncomfortably monochrome. And this is coming from a guy who grew up in Kansas.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    So with them hitting Nixonish levels of paranoia and promising to re-invade Iraq to commit a war crime and to commit separate war crimes, I think we can jump them passed Hayes (not entirely his fault the GOP struck the bargain to get him elected, he had help) and Jefferson to 16th worst.

It isn't 'if'. It's 'when'. Because this?

Remember when Trump attacked a Gold Star family and his approval dropped like a rock?

The problem is that the right will forget about this after a month.

The right (the press, the public, the whatever) may forget about this in a month. But within that month, he's going to say or do or say and do something belligerently stupid and poorly thought out. It will be nearly impossible to keep up this massive marching protest thing, but for about three or four months before the invasion of Iraq in 2003 people gathered in the millions once a month around the world to voice their objection to the expected outcome of invasion. It didn't do anything then.

But then, Bush 2 isn't Trump.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular

That crowd is uncomfortably monochrome. And this is coming from a guy who grew up in Kansas.

and some of them still look like they swallowed the most bitter pill in the world

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular

Oh Dan Quayle, you doge

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    SealSeal Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    That lady: "The media needs to be nicer to Trump so his feelings aren't hurt and he feels the need to obsess over them being mean. Just because he's obsessing over something doesn't mean the media should stoop to his level."

Jesus. Fucking. Christ.

Seal on
  • Options
    a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    It's like I said a couple of weeks ago; the reason the media plays nice is the promise of access and the cycle of mutual legitimization.

They've taken that away, from CNN specifically, and it has changed the dynamic in a significant way.

They exclusively play CNN on the break room TVs at work. It's fun to be able to see people shitting on Trump during my breaks, and I know it pisses off my co-workers who voted for Trump.

I worked with a bunch of hard right Fox News lovers. Any time I wanted them to leave the office, I turned on MSNBC and slowly turned the volume up until they got the hint. When the television provider finally got Al Jazeera America, I started using that, but it back fired because a couple of them actually started liking it.

Number One Tricky
  • Options

and some of them still look like they swallowed the most bitter pill in the world

It's actually pretty hard to find an actual smile in the crowd.

They all look like they're watching their kid's team lose a jr high football game.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    "This was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration, period," Spicer said, contradicting all available data.
    Spicer said, without any evidence, that some photos were "intentionally framed" to downplay Trump's crowd.
    The CNN television network made a choice not to broadcast the Spicer statement live. Instead, the statement was monitored and then reported on after the fact.

2124c7585107529899a959788dd14d83.jpg

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    I really hope someone suggests Trump does an AMA on Reddit.

• Options

Didn't that already happen at one point?

• Options

Didn't that already happen at one point?

He wasn't the President then.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    qIuE6tI.png
    This is a well dressed guy at the inauguration.
    Edit2:
    http://i.imgur.com/cSCl7A4.png
    That is pretty great.

He already gave one, but it was very carefully controlled. It was amazingly bad.

Edit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/4uxdbn/im_donald_j_trump_and_im_your_next_president_of/

Couscous on
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    He already did a few months ago. Answered a handful of questions with a super vague generic reply and that was it.

PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options

• Options
    He was at the height of his popularity a few months ago. Even if he didn't say anything the fact that it would turn into a spectacular shitshow would be news worthy now is what I'm saying.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Edit: Well that was fuckin' weird. Photo went nuts.

OptimusZed on

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Couscous wrote: »
    qIuE6tI.png

This guy looks like he just realized "The Crown Jewels I'm meant to steal are in ENGLAND!" in an outrageous Italian accent.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular

Do we have sources on Gross' numbers

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    qIuE6tI.png

This guy for real? He looks like an 80s movie interpretation of what a spy looks like.

I need to watch Cloak and Dagger again.

Number One Tricky
  • Options
    KaputaKaputa Registered User regular

George W. Bush's is the best

• Options
    Nah the guy in the plaid tie behind the Justices is the best.

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular

I would like this in graphic form, updated when necessary if possible.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    a nu start wrote: »
    qIuE6tI.png

This guy for real? He looks like an 80s movie interpretation of what a spy looks like.

I need to watch Cloak and Dagger again.

maybe he's one of those time travelers that everyone was watching for

This discussion has been closed.