As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Yakuza: Like a Thread

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I think that ponytail he has for a hot second looks way better, and I hate ponytails

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I like the hair as I feel it gives him a bit of personality and makes him feel different from Kiryu.

I'll have to play to see if I like him or not though.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I'm sorry so many of you have such terrible opinions on what cool hair is

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    I will watch that trailer just as soon as I go clear up the trouble the Pleasure King is making over on the east side of town.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    As someone who has goofy curly hair that goes nuts if I let it grow out

fuck all y'all its about time some game did it

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I think after I finish RE4 I'ma jump back into Yakuza 0.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I need to get Kiwami 2, and then all those PS3 ports, and then maybe I'll finally grab one of those Yakuza 6 Collectors Editions I see at every Best Buy

• Options
    Ah fuck me the PS3 ports
    There is too much Yakuza

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Ah fuck me the PS3 ports
    There is too much Yakuza

We can split the workload

I'll take off, you'll take even

That's the way the story is meant to be experienced, I'm sure

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    you can probably stop playing 4 after my beautiful boy Akiyama's chapter, which is fortunately the beginning

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    I mean, the hair transition, much like Yagami's, is probably representative of his change of perspective as much as his situation.

which is to say, they both need some conditioner

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    With all this Yakuza I feel like Sega caught me liking the games behind the bike sheds and is now forcing me to smoke an entire carton of them.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    YOU LIKE YAKUZA, EH

HAVE ALL THE YAKUZA IN THE WORLD*

*EXCEPT ISHIN

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    imagining a world where yakuza became the game series that gets all the tie-in games for other franchises instead of dynasty warriors

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    imagining a world where yakuza became the game series that gets all the tie-in games for other franchises instead of dynasty warriors

I'm surprised we don't have a Yakuza Musou yet. Just hundreds of mooks lining up to have a motorcycle carve through them like butter.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    and I'm done with 3! I was so surprised when Kiryu didn't die

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    More info on the battle system from the Chief Producer: https://gematsu.com/2019/08/yakuza-like-a-dragon-chief-producer-further-details-live-command-rpg-battle-system

Despite being turn-based, you and enemies still move around, and depending on where you fight you can still interact with weapons and the environment like cars and bicycles. Enemies you aren't targeting may interrupt your attacks so you can't just rush everyone down. There is an optional Auto mode that fights for you and does QTEs for you, but may not always be the right choice. Also, characters have classes, which you can swap at a store called Hello Work, which I don't think had been mentioned yet.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    More info on the battle system from the Chief Producer: https://gematsu.com/2019/08/yakuza-like-a-dragon-chief-producer-further-details-live-command-rpg-battle-system

Despite being turn-based, you and enemies still move around, and depending on where you fight you can still interact with weapons and the environment like cars and bicycles. Enemies you aren't targeting may interrupt your attacks so you can't just rush everyone down. There is an optional Auto mode that fights for you and does QTEs for you, but may not always be the right choice. Also, characters have classes, which you can swap at a store called Hello Work, which I don't think had been mentioned yet.

I do like it when a game does its best to make a turn-based game feel more alive and less stilted, even if it’s purely set dressing

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Alright so I just gotta mainline every Yakuza game and Judgement

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Alright so I just gotta mainline every Yakuza game and Judgement

Also play the Fist of the North Star game, because I actually think it's better than about half the Yakuza games.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Oh yeah I have that too! Anya walked in on me playing it. I had to tell her that even though she said was fine with it, I was not okay with her watching me explode people’s heads.

• Options
    Oh yeah I have that too! Anya walked in on me playing it. I had to tell her that even though she said was fine with it, I was not okay with her watching me explode people’s heads.

Look, at some point she's gonna need to learn the Hokuto Shinken if you want her to survive the coming apocalypse.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Yeah, but I want her to learn it the traditional way, from an ancient master after the apocalypse.

• Options
    Yeah, but I want her to learn it the traditional way, from an ancient master after the apocalypse.

I can respect that

Protagonists learn more quickly when they're motivated to seek out a old, wise mentor as the first step in their mission to avenge their parents' tragic deaths

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Plus, how’s she going to earn a rival?

• Options
    The Burninator Of Dojima

Anyway, now that I've finally finished RE4 I'm finally going to continue on with Yakuza 0! Hooray!

• Options
    The Burninator Of Dojima

Anyway, now that I've finally finished RE4 I'm finally going to continue on with Yakuza 0! Hooray!

Very excited to see you get completely sidetracked by property management and hostess clubs.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    I think when I stopped playing I had just unlocked the real estate stuff, which also means I was close to getting the hostess management stuff.

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
  • Options
    Peas wrote: »
    Time to listen to that music on loop again

My wife sighs very loudly when I go into dressup

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    I like how the SECOND I read that comment, I heard that harp in my head as the songs starts up

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

oh good, the 50-hour games are getting longer

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Yakuza is mostly long because of the mini-games.
    Which I feel need a shake-up the most.
    It's a lot and it's all very samey throughout the series.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Okay granted I'm only reading the Google Translate version of that page but he basically says that the critpath of other Yakuza games has been 10 hours and he wanted close to 30 for this one

Uh fucking excuse me but there has been way more than 10 hours of main story in the last few games, right? There has to be

• Options
    I guess if you ran from plot point to plot point you could shorten things, but even then 10 seems short.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure you have at least half that in just cutscenes let alone actually playing the game.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    Plus you're constantly getting jumped by guys with bats/bagphones/the pressing need to film a music video.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    I spent 10 hours on the cabaret club mini game alone

• Options
    Okay I have met Miracle Johnson and he is my best friend

This discussion has been closed.