As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Voodoo jungle [chat]

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    On Christmas Eve about 15 years ago I struggled to light a gas-based fireplace

Click, click, click, come on, work, click, click,

OH IS THAT A FIREBALL HEADED FOR MY EYES?

EYES, SHUT, PLS

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Ok, even though its page 98 I'm going to ask. Anyone know why this might be hidden in my yet unused gas fireplace?

[img]http: //i.imgur.com/79VOS3Ql.jpg[/img]

Form 0428 if its too small.

Check the chimney/exhaust pipe-type-thing. It could have been sealed off, or could still be.

The gas line has a regular valve on it. I was planning to seal it anyway and use it as a regular fireplace.

No I meant, they could've closed up the chimney at some point, especially if it was on the market for a while or even if the previous owners just didn't use it, in order to deter things like birds or bats nesting. So if you turn on the gas and light the fire, you get some nice carbon monoxide poisoning. You'll need to get in there and open the flue and use a flashlight strong enough to see to the top of the chimney.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    my issue with the Power Rangers is that Zordon specifically asked for "teenagers with attitude" and got Jason and Trini. 3/5 is a failing mark in high school!

For real he could have gotten Bulk and Skull.

Power Rangers AU where Bulk and Skull are chosen to be the Power Rangers and they slowly become heroes.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    My best day of shooting ever was with my grandpas old marlin 22 that had the front bead broken off

Somehow I got in the zone and I was shooting the heads off daisies at distance redacted to avoid being made fun ofyards

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Ok, even though its page 98 I'm going to ask. Anyone know why this might be hidden in my yet unused gas fireplace?

Check the chimney/exhaust pipe-type-thing. It could have been sealed off, or could still be.

The gas line has a regular valve on it. I was planning to seal it anyway and use it as a regular fireplace.

No I meant, they could've closed up the chimney at some point, especially if it was on the market for a while or even if the previous owners just didn't use it, in order to deter things like birds or bats nesting. So if you turn on the gas and light the fire, you get some nice carbon monoxide poisoning. You'll need to get in there and open the flue and use a flashlight strong enough to see to the top of the chimney.

oh...yea the flue was closed, would they have closed it separately from just the flue? Again, thats kind of fucked up that the previous owner didn't disclose that.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    kedinik wrote: »
    Kobold how far along are you in the Banner Saga games

How would you feel about a mild meta-spoiler

I've finished both games.

edit: And I love them both.

Oh, I didn't see that bit at the end of your post

It's just that those are, approximately, thereabouts, the bleakest games around

Things start out bad, shift into DOOOOOM, and then constantly get worse

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

oh...yea the flue was closed, would they have closed it separately from just the flue? Again, thats kind of fucked up that the previous owner didn't disclose that.

Only way to tell is to look really.

I mean, it also could be just a random warning thing that some worker or whoever tossed in the fireplace thinking it'd get burned up.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    knitdan wrote: »
    My best day of shooting ever was with my grandpas old marlin 22 that had the front bead broken off

Somehow I got in the zone and I was shooting the heads off daisies at distance redacted to avoid being made fun ofyards

*burns with curiosity*

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Page 100 is coming up. I bet I don't get another chat.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular

Only way to tell is to look really.

I mean, it also could be just a random warning thing that some worker or whoever tossed in the fireplace thinking it'd get burned up.

I just wanted to make sure the last owners weren't like "oh radiation poisoning...let's just quietly put the paper work for that here."

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

If I get it, you can have it!

I am on mobile at the moment >_>

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    big argument at work today about water bottles. store manager says he wants no beverages on the sales floor at all- not even water, and not even in reusable bottles that wouldn't be left behind. bunch of people get mad and say are you serious, i'm 60/diabetic/whatever, you can't possibly withhold water from me until my break. to which he responds, i'm not. you're able to get water as frequently as you'd like it from the water fountains. we'll make it work.

all the front end managers: uh... do you understand how unworkable that is and how much it's going to affect checkout time, front end cleanliness- basically everything, as we constantly shift around manpower and lose time in transition?

he says i don't care, make it work, no beverages on the front end

o_o

• Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    big argument at work today about water bottles. store manager says he wants no beverages on the sales floor at all- not even water, and not even in reusable bottles that wouldn't be left behind. bunch of people get mad and say are you serious, i'm 60/diabetic/whatever, you can't possibly withhold water from me until my break. to which he responds, i'm not. you're able to get water as frequently as you'd like it from the water fountains. we'll make it work.

all the front end managers: uh... do you understand how unworkable that is and how much it's going to affect checkout time, front end cleanliness- basically everything, as we constantly shift around manpower and lose time in transition?

o_o

Retail, everybody!

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

If I get it, you can have it!

I am on mobile at the moment >_>

awesome I already have the pictures downloaded

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i am mainlining coffee

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Kobold how far along are you in the Banner Saga games

How would you feel about a mild meta-spoiler

I've finished both games.

edit: And I love them both.

Oh, I didn't see that bit at the end of your post

It's just that those are, approximately, thereabouts, the bleakest games around

Things start out bad, shift into DOOOOOM, and then constantly get worse

Yes, I'd say this is correct.

Things are dire, the world is probably at its end, and
    the woman who seems to have started it all is immortal and has a special knack for manipulating minds.

But I wouldn't call them hopeless.

It's definitely apocalyptic, just like the Souls series is, but you at least have relationships in the Banner Saga. As I've said previously, everything is going to shit but it doesn't seem like everything is shit.

It's just the world of the Souls series seems so hopeless and… ugly. There doesn't seem to be anything worthwhile within the Souls series. No people to save, no places to fight for, no community to bond with.

It's just you and the rotten world where the fire is going out and/or everybody is going mad. And very little else.

I know there's a few funny characters here and there, at least in DS1. But… that doesn't seem enough. In the Banner Saga games, you are fighting for something. In the Souls games — save Bloodborne maybe — you just choose how the world will be fucked up.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options

o_o

Are you in a political position at work where you might be able to best him in single combat, eat his heart, and thereby become the new store manager?

• Options
    P10 wrote: »
    i am mainlining coffee

hell yeah p10 let's get blitzed, it's Friday

• Options
    wafflesmageewafflesmagee I like pancakes. Registered User regular
    On Christmas Eve about 15 years ago I struggled to light a gas-based fireplace

Click, click, click, come on, work, click, click,

OH IS THAT A FIREBALL HEADED FOR MY EYES?

EYES, SHUT, PLS

I just tried to take something out of the toaster oven with a paper towel and then I just had fire in my hands... oops.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Moogles and Chocobos are the best.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Moogles and Chocobos are the best.

ok but what about dorfs?

TALLY OH!

• Options
    Filthy Moogles, they'll never be Wizards.

• Options
    edited January 2017

o_o

They make bras/fanny pack that you can fill with water/wine/whatever (basically a camel pack) just wear one of those problem solved!

wafflesmagee on
  • Options
    Krathoon wrote: »

This looks fun~

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular

o_o

Anonymously complain to his boss as it's a safety hazard and his proposed solution is laughably unworkable as he should know.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    this led ceiling lamp is radiating heat

hmm

that can't be good

aRkpc.gif
  • Options

o_o

Hey I had a boss at B&N that made us do that for a bit. He told all the cashiers anytime they needed water they could walk across the entire store to the back room bathrooms where the water fountain was. We ignored this and had water bottles anyway.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    P10 wrote: »
    i am mainlining coffee

hell yeah p10 let's get blitzed, it's Friday
    i'm gonna host a slumber party and stay up past my bedtime gossiping

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    I'd be cool with having a Moogle around in real life.

• Options
    wow the trump thread is moving faster than chat

• Options
    I wanna ride around on a chocobo but I know I'll never get to because I've never played a Final Fantasy game. :sad:

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

o_o

Retail management. Either cool as hell or spiteful as fuck. No middle ground.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    I told my sim to use the toilet, then immediately queued up her next action - read a book.

So she went to the bookshelf, took the book into the washroom with her, and read the book on the can!

GOTY

• Options
    edited January 2017

The implications of sucker-punching neo-Nazis is a testy subject apparently.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    I wanna ride around on a chocobo but I know I'll never get to because I've never played a Final Fantasy game. :sad:

FFXIV...joiiin uuuus....

• Options

The implications of sucker-punching neo-Nazis is a testy subject apparently.

I mean it makes for some excellent Friday night reading.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »

This looks fun~

I am hoping this is a permanent thing in the game.

It would suck if it is a one off.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    i'm leaving it on to see if it catches fire

hmm

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    I told my sim to use the toilet, then immediately queued up her next action - read a book.

So she went to the bookshelf, took the book into the washroom with her, and read the book on the can!

GOTY

I made a @Sniperguy sim and the first actions he took were kiss sim me, and then immediately go play on the computer.

This discussion has been closed.