Options

[NFL] Thread: There Will Be No Overtime For This Thread.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    NM yeah they suspended the blackout rules. Could come back though.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    NM yeah they suspended the blackout rules. Could come back though.

Maybe we could add them back in for Raiders games this year ...

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Dranyth wrote: »
    SeñorAmor wrote: »
    chrisnl wrote: »
    Wait, they are moving away AND raising ticket prices? This does not strike me as a smart business move. The Oakland fan base is entirely justified in refusing to spend any more money on that team, though I know that won't happen.

And because they won't sell out games, they'll be subject to the NFL's blackout rules.

Except, the blackout rules have been removed or suspended for a season or two now, haven't they?

Oh, maybe they have.

I live in WI where the Packers haven't not had a sellout in like 243 years so I guess I'm out of the loop a bit.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Butler doest sign tender. So not leaving Pats for now. Edit. Fixed.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    The part where they continue to offset their social decay on the backs of Californians.

That's a good point I mean California would never impose upon their neighbors.

I honestly have no idea what you're getting at. We feed and pay for a good chunk of the US. We certainly aren't shuttling people next door because we can't be assed to pay taxes for social services. We're pretty fucking excellent as a result of long term investment in infrastructure.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    So now we wait to see how anti player the pats are and if they will pay him during his apparent upcomming hold out. Not sure if another team would give up a first rounder for him.

Edit: They hold all the leverage so it will most likely end up as it always does with RFAs.

Edit2: Also I dunno if you guys saw but the rules were voted on and they outlawed the jumping the line on PATs as expected.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Competition Committee: removing any semblance of fun from the game.

• Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Competition Committee: removing any semblance of fun from the game.

I'm confused by why you say this. They're planning to be more lenient in regards to celebrations and are going to speak with a committee of players to get the wording right. I'm not sure how that's removing fun.

Unless you're talking about how they're making leaping over players during field goals illegal, which they're doing because the NFL PA requested it.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    Well they tabled/delayed the celebration thing. The one I have most interest in is WRs from the snap of the ball are defenseless now. Get ready for all the points, perhaps, next season.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Wait...WRs are now always 'defenseless'?

• Options
    Wait...WRs are now always 'defenseless'?

Im waiting for the implementation of the rule. It says "WRs running routes are now all defenseless". It is basically Hines Ward 2.0 rule I guess.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    If it weren't for the forward pass, the US would probably be world leaders in rugby by now.

• Options
    kilnbornkilnborn Registered User regular
    Listen, because this clears up a lot of the weird/annoying/insulting things the NFL does.

You are not the NFL's customers. You are the NFL's product. The NFL sells you to the broadcast networks, who then slice you up into regional packages to sell to advertisers.

You're not the customer. The games themselves are the raw material required to generate product (fans).

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    It's really annoying that this whole "is Sherman available for a trade" thing stems from Lombardi running his mouth and speculating on his first podcast.

Edit: and now it's a thing because it's the off-season and sports outlets need something to push headlines.

Carpy on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Peterson is reportedly visiting the patriots it'll be nice hearing how child abuse wasn't child abuse for another season.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    I really don't want to have to have touchdown joy mitigated by AP being the one who scored please do not sign him Bill

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    also gronk was involved in wrestlemania because of course he was

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Not the Patriots Way: Asking to be paid what you're worth for your services

The Patriots Way: Beating your kids is A-Ok!

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Romo retired to pursue broadcasting.

Really surprised not a single team was willing to give something up for a chance to see what he's got

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Podly wrote: »
    Romo retired to pursue broadcasting.

Really surprised not a single team was willing to give something up for a chance to see what he's got

THREE back injuries in four years.

Not surprised at all.

The absolute idiocy of management to think they'd get anything for him in trade was rediculous.

• Options
    http://deadspin.com/tony-romo-a-career-in-takes-1793988332

Set this to Enya music and you'd have the perfect end.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Poor Romo. He was hard to hate on for me. Guy was a pretty cool success story just had Jerry Jones as an owner.

• Options
    Poor Romo. He was hard to hate on for me. Guy was a pretty cool success story just had Jerry Jones as an owner.

He's apparently going to be replacing phil simms in the broadcast booth, he died for our sins.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Can someone please replace Troy Aikman FFS

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Can someone please replace Troy Aikman FFS

Oh please he's forgotten more about football than he ever knew about football

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    also gronk was involved in wrestlemania because of course he was

It was pretty great!

http://observer.com/2017/04/wrestlemania-rob-gronkowski-security-guard/

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Romo moving to #1 announcing slot is suspicious and a little ridiculous, even to get Simms out of there.

Dan Fouts forever.

• Options
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Romo moving to #1 announcing slot is suspicious and a little ridiculous, even to get Simms out of there.

Dan Fouts forever.

Honestly it hurts boomer the most. I mean he was their go to never did anything in the play offs QB.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    So what's the over under on a freak in-studio accident that results in Romo getting hit with some rigging and breaking his back, causing him to miss 6-10 weeks?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Tox wrote: »
    So what's the over under on a freak in-studio accident that results in Romo getting hit with some rigging and breaking his back, causing him to miss 6-10 weeks?

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    TexiKen wrote: »

Dan Fouts forever.

Honestly it hurts boomer the most. I mean he was their go to never did anything in the play offs QB.

He did make a Super Bowl and almost won it...

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    I for one welcome our new Amazon overlords. (Going to take over streaming TNF)

• Options
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    It's

I mean, everyone is "up for trade" right? The offers probably aren't gonna be anywhere near what the Seahawks would need to ditch him though.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Yeah I imagine most of the offers are of the "you still pay salary and here is a late draft pick" variety. All ok though. Get someone that doesnt get humped every game on the left side and the D might start to solidify back a bit.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Its not new, its just this time the team is being open about it. Local rags are speculating its to tell Sherman he's on a short leash.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular

Yeah with the announcement of this, we can pretty much cut our "extended sports package" from the cable bill.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Gyral wrote: »

Yeah with the announcement of this, we can pretty much cut our "extended sports package" from the cable bill.

Good. Then maybe they'll wise the fuck up and start letting me stream Prime video over my Chromecast.

I'm not watching shit from Amazon if I have to use their stupid stick thing.

• Options

Good. Then maybe they'll wise the fuck up and start letting me stream Prime video over my Chromecast.

I watch prime through my xbox one...

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

I watch prime through my xbox one...

Or PS4.

This discussion has been closed.