As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Transfomers: Rise of the Beast Trailer #2 is out

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    So the T-Rex is officially a female bot and also the largest official female bot they've ever sold.

They sold a boxset with Victorion, technically.

Largest individual female bot, sure.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »
    Does the new Transformers get unboring at any point?

I got to the part where we find out
    Ultra Magnus is a turncoat
    and it's just slow and dull looking.

Idk, I also found the Netflix show too serious and grimdark and not too interesting, which was unfortunate. I think I stopped watching not much longer after that?
    So the Rex is BW Megatron with a quasi-Grimlock color scheme in bot mode.

Who’s the Explorer a recolor of?

JP93 is an original figure. (Though I've seen speculation he uses some design from the Prowl/Bluestreak/Smokescreen mold).

Hmm, I could see that considering the door-wings and car-front-chest. They have been doing some fancy retooling for a lot of things

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    So the Rex is BW Megatron with a quasi-Grimlock color scheme in bot mode.

Who’s the Explorer a recolor of?

JP93 is an original figure. (Though I've seen speculation he uses some design from the Prowl/Bluestreak/Smokescreen mold).
    That's what I assumed - the front wheels swivel 180 degrees under the hood and the shoulders are attached on the other side of the swiveling piece; the car roof folds down the back; the doors open to the sides like wings. I feel like those are all trademark elements of the three Datsun characters, so I think it's a safe bet this is a considerable remold.

• Options
    Probably less of a remold and more of a "used the CAD files as a base"

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »
    Does the new Transformers get unboring at any point?

I got to the part where we find out
    Ultra Magnus is a turncoat
    and it's just slow and dull looking.

Idk, I also found the Netflix show too serious and grimdark and not too interesting, which was unfortunate. I think I stopped watching not much longer after that?

It doesn't help that everyone talks.....soooooo.....slowly....

It's not the best series, but it's definitely not the worst.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    So what’s left as far as iconic vehicles to crossover with?

Scooby Doo? Knight Rider? A-Team? Blue Thunder? Airwolf? ET’s ship? The Orca?Voltron where robots turn into lions who then combine?

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

Scooby Doo? Knight Rider? A-Team? Blue Thunder? Airwolf? ET’s ship? The Orca?Voltron where robots turn into lions who then combine?

The Voltron problem has been written on a whiteboard at Hasbro for 30 years and no one's been able to solve it.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

Cars.
    Who wouldn't want a Lightning McQueen that turned into a heavily armed robot?

• Options

Dom's charger from the Fast and Furious franchise is next on my wishlist. Call him Nos.

There was a PROJECT JAM that was speculated to be Monster Jam (Monster truck ralley organization) so people thought it might be Bigfoot, and I've always wanted a bigass Monster Truck Transformer. Sadly it sounds like it's a Blaster retool for a unknown band. I'd still like that Monster Truck though.

I'd love to see an MCU Quinjet.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I'd love a series of Star Trek ship Transformers, especially since they had a crossover comic not to long ago.

Also a Tardis Transformer to go with the DeLorean

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    I've asked this before, but how do you all handle dusting your figures?

Not well. :D

So I've got a couple very soft bristled brushes to knock off the tough stuff. If the dust is really settled, you have to use water, but I try to avoid doing this so I don't damage the figures.

There's also a lot to be said about placement. If it's near your highly trafficked areas, it's gonna get dustier. If you don't vacuum your carpets or run an air purifier, it's gonna get dustier.
    I've been collecting the Siege and Earthrise figures. Some are definitely better than others but most are good. Also all the studio 86 figures are great.

No lie: With the recently announced DNA Design upgrade kit for Grimlock, I was STRONGLY debating that figure. But again, I already have the Masterpiece. So I might just pick up Slag/Slug.

dna_dk-24_-_copy.jpg

... That's right. DNA Design decided to give you an entirely new Wheelie to "Fix" the issues with the SS86 one.

How much do things like this tend to cost? Cause I happened to find a Grimlock (and a Weird Wolf!) in a walmart a while back and yeah that Wheelie fig is a real nothing "accessory"

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    turtleant wrote: »

So I've got a couple very soft bristled brushes to knock off the tough stuff. If the dust is really settled, you have to use water, but I try to avoid doing this so I don't damage the figures.

There's also a lot to be said about placement. If it's near your highly trafficked areas, it's gonna get dustier. If you don't vacuum your carpets or run an air purifier, it's gonna get dustier.
    I've been collecting the Siege and Earthrise figures. Some are definitely better than others but most are good. Also all the studio 86 figures are great.

No lie: With the recently announced DNA Design upgrade kit for Grimlock, I was STRONGLY debating that figure. But again, I already have the Masterpiece. So I might just pick up Slag/Slug.

dna_dk-24_-_copy.jpg

... That's right. DNA Design decided to give you an entirely new Wheelie to "Fix" the issues with the SS86 one.

How much do things like this tend to cost? Cause I happened to find a Grimlock (and a Weird Wolf!) in a walmart a while back and yeah that Wheelie fig is a real nothing "accessory"

That set is going for $50.

Which is a shame, because I really wanted it, but not the price of the original figure want it.

Same thing happened with a wheeljack upgrade.

• Options
    turtleant wrote: »

dna_dk-24_-_copy.jpg

That set is going for $50.

Which is a shame, because I really wanted it, but not the price of the original figure want it.

Same thing happened with a wheeljack upgrade.

Oof yeah, that's a bit to much for me.

If they wanted to sell me the wheelie by himself for like $15-20 I'd maybe grab it though

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    JandaruJandaru New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2021
    $105 on Amazon right now. Kind of steep for a Leader and a Deluxe, even with the licensing cost.

4i84yp9t6vb8.jpg

Yay for New Zealand dollars! :/
    And JP93 is the worst “name”
    At least go with something cheesy like Exploribot.

I mean, "Robot Muldoon" is right there.

Jandaru on
    0ijlzpptari2.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I didn't realize T-wrecks had the Megatron head. That's. soo... ugh.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I didn't realize T-wrecks had the Megatron head. That's. soo... ugh.

Well, it is based on the old Beast Wars toy, which had the same head as well, though its mouth is a bit different in that it has like a grimace.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options

Dom's charger from the Fast and Furious franchise is next on my wishlist. Call him Nos.

There was a PROJECT JAM that was speculated to be Monster Jam (Monster truck ralley organization) so people thought it might be Bigfoot, and I've always wanted a bigass Monster Truck Transformer. Sadly it sounds like it's a Blaster retool for a unknown band. I'd still like that Monster Truck though.

Well, looks like we found out what Project Jam is:

jn2ui6xri3ty.jpg
    J Balvin + Transformers E8546 Project Jam will be available on the #NTWRK app on Friday, July 2, at 7PM ET / 4PM PT This one is going to go fast! Don't miss this drop!
    6ui6xm9ufnsh.jpg
    dxc6r7ya0cs4.jpg
    5tnwlirnmvfw.jpg
    n9h0z7cataap.jpg

I have no idea who J Balvin is.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Whelp. if the Amazon Prime wasn't gonna break the streak, that one definitely is.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I like the colors on those blast effects

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Can I just buy the cassettes?

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular

Well, looks like we found out what Project Jam is:

jn2ui6xri3ty.jpg
    J Balvin + Transformers E8546 Project Jam will be available on the #NTWRK app on Friday, July 2, at 7PM ET / 4PM PT This one is going to go fast! Don't miss this drop!
    6ui6xm9ufnsh.jpg
    dxc6r7ya0cs4.jpg
    5tnwlirnmvfw.jpg
    n9h0z7cataap.jpg

I have no idea who J Balvin is.
    He's a famous Reggaeton singer.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Yeah, I ended up searching later. I guess I just don’t listen to anything close to that to encounter his music. Maybe not as popular in the US? Either way, cool for him, it’s definitely an interesting figure, but doesn’t do anything for me.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    It took me until just now to realize that's Sounwave redeco is of the original G1 toy, not the modern netflix version.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    It took me until just now to realize that's Sounwave redeco is of the original G1 toy, not the modern netflix version.

He does have one of modern Jetfire's guns.

• Options
    Yeah, that's what threw me: Original G1, Jetfire gun and blast effects.

I have seen this kind of redeco before in this type of community. It isn't for me, but it is still very awesome. :)

It reminded me of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUpvAdUB07c

• Options
    Yeah, I’m guessing the audience this is aimed at is more the musical fans rather than the toy fans, so the G1 figure is probably more interesting to that crowd as being “retro” and “kitschy”

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    I just got shipping notice on some 3rd part upgrade parts I've been waiting almost a year for and Fed Ex are bringing them on Sunday July 4th and I'm like, can they not? That seems rude. Can they bring them the next day, don't make the delivery person work that day you jerks.

• Options
    I just got shipping notice on some 3rd part upgrade parts I've been waiting almost a year for and Fed Ex are bringing them on Sunday July 4th and I'm like, can they not? That seems rude. Can they bring them the next day, don't make the delivery person work that day you jerks.

Delivery person might be psyched to be making overtime.

• Options

I hope they are making bank.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited July 2021
    More than likely it's double time for working the holiday plus the normal holiday pay they would get.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options

I hope they are making bank.

They're not.

Signed A USPS employee who works most holidays delivering amazon for normal pay.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    I was just at Target and saw a Kingdom Ultra Magnus on the shelf. I was not going to get him because I have the Seige version, but I also haven't seen a new Transformer figure on a shelf in months, so now I own him and he does look better than the Siege one. Much cleaner and more G1 looking.

Need to get the leg extenders and gap fillers the other one has.

The only thing the Siege one has going for it is the two extra matching blasters he comes with, but I can just give them to the new guy.

Update:

Huh. Even with the leg extenders on the Siege Ultra, the Kingdom Ultra is longer in truck mode.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    I heard fairly lukewarm reviews of Siege, and the two episodes I tried.didnt seem amazing. Is there any big jump in quality throughout and I to Earthrise, or was I maybe getting a fair assessment of it? The action and dialogue didn't grip me, but does the plot get exciting?

PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    It has been a year of waiting but I finally got the upgrade kits for Scorponok. He is very well armed now. Earthrise Optimus Prime for scale.

uqxb84w4ffqc.jpeg

Also Scorpy is now masked up for covid safety,

• Options
    It’s beautiful.

I was excited for the Ark, but since it turned out to be disappointing (to me), I decided to preorder Scorponok from BBTS... and then how could I say no to all those upgrades?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    It’s beautiful.

I was excited for the Ark, but since it turned out to be disappointing (to me), I decided to preorder Scorponok from BBTS... and then how could I say no to all those upgrades?

There is even a third upgrade set not out yet that has longer leg pieces to make him havr less stumpy proportions. I think all in all the upgrades will cost as much as the figure, but who cares!

Librarian's ghost on

• Options
    Yeah... I already preordered it, lol

Good to see some real life shots before I get mine!

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Where did you get your upgrades from? I haven't heard anything from TFSource yet.

Also I'm torn on the leg extenders. I kind of like him not being Metroplex/Fort Max size? I dunno.

• Options
    Where did you get your upgrades from? I haven't heard anything from TFSource yet.

Also I'm torn on the leg extenders. I kind of like him not being Metroplex/Fort Max size? I dunno.

A place called The Chosen Prime. They had them in stock.