As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Transfomers: Rise of the Beast Trailer #2 is out

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    So would you say it’s worth a watch?

Its definitely aimed at kids (that autobot episode I mentioned is 100% wacky hijinks; the decepticons are all counterproductively backstabbing cartoon villains for the most part) and the first season didn't quite do it for me (If I wasn't a voracious consumer of TF media I'm not sure I would have kept with it) but this second season had been a marked improvement. Characterization is fairly one-note, but they play the note well, and the plots are simple but not nonsensical.

I'd definitely recommend it over the shitty Combiner Wars/Titans Return/Power of the Primes trilogy that was ostensibly aimed at older audience.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Took a look at some of the Cyberverse stuff on the TF-Wiki just now and here's a moment I didn't expect.
    tsYrUBf.jpg

A meeting of the kid-surrogate characters is the sort of thing you'd expect to see in fanfics or some non-cartoon stuff.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    They're uploading the episodes on the Transformers Official YouTube channel, and are up to season 2, episode 6 there.

I've been quite enjoying it, far more than I thought I would early on.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    The 35th Anniversary Transformers Wal-mart exclusive models are out. Notably Megatron and Optimus Prime done up in cartoon paint jobs, Silverstreak and Soundblaster.

I passed on Siege Optimus and Megs, because I figured I already owned enough of them. And I knew these 35th anniversary paint jobs were coming. But eventually I settled on getting them.

I'm so glad I did. Holy shit are these just amazing toys, and the cel shading look is just... intense.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I was just at wal mart and didn't see anything new. Bah.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Made the mistake of wandering through the toy section at my local target over the weekend and found the Target exclusive Seekers three pack.
    fk8lmxzgz8uv.jpg
    Kind of amusing that it only includes one instruction sheet for all three, but it makes sense, since all three are identical.

But the front of the instructions doesn't really clear it up very much as to which one is which...
    po6xpk7pm9ca.jpg

If you're curious, Ion is blue, Acid is green and Nova is yellow

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    The 35th Anniversary Transformers Wal-mart exclusive models are out. Notably Megatron and Optimus Prime done up in cartoon paint jobs, Silverstreak and Soundblaster.

I passed on Siege Optimus and Megs, because I figured I already owned enough of them. And I knew these 35th anniversary paint jobs were coming. But eventually I settled on getting them.

I'm so glad I did. Holy shit are these just amazing toys, and the cel shading look is just... intense.

I own the original Siege versions and really enjoyed them, just all around solid vehicle modes, robot modes, and transformations, OP moreso than Megs

I couldn't stop myself from getting the totally rad "cel-shaded" versions

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    See, I keep passing on the Tetra-jets. Like, there are 6 of them already (Starscream, Skywarp, Thundercracker, and the Rainmakers). All of them seem more or less like shellformers to me, and I already have a tetrajet and way more seekers than I'd care to admit.

... so of course I'm considering the Earthrise Starscream.
    I was just at wal mart and didn't see anything new. Bah.

It'll be a fairly big end-cap. Very red. "Street" is supposed to be Nov. 1st, and if push comes to shove you should be able to order them on the Wal-mart app for in-store pickup.

Edit: I also "YOLO"ed and picked up Bluestreak. Not silverstreak... bluestreak. *Facepalm*

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    So, Hasbro is having a hall of fame vote again, where fans can vote for the best toy of the year, and what character goes into the Hall of Fame..

Except the Hall of Fame vote is exclusive to 1984 characters this year. Like, not even G1 only; if you weren't in Season 1 of the cartoon, get fucked! No characters from seasons 2-4, Beast Wars, RID, UT, Animated, Prime or anything else, even while half of the hall of fame list is already 1984 characters!

The most bizarre part of it is Hauler is on that list. Hauler. A "character" that only existed because of a weird situation where they wanted the toy, that would eventually become Grapple, to be in the first wave and so it has a VERY brief appearance in the first episode. But because they pushed the toy to a later wave, they hadn't named him "grapple" yet, so he was called Hauler in the show. He never talks, never transformers and the next time an Autobot crane shows up, it's Grapple. Years later when Takara was looking for a character to make out of a Grapple repaint, they picked Hauler and he finally became a real character.

Now since Hauler is the closest thing to a non 1984 character on that list, there's a movement in the fan community to get him to win the award. :razz:

Anywho, here's the survey

https://go.hasb.ro/2OJP1LF

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    I mean, it is the 35th anniversary year, so...

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Uh... how is the Terminator going to compete?

Unless Skynet like, teams up with the Decepticons or something?

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Fucken sign me up if I get a Skynet/Starscream team up

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Skynet + Skywarp = Netwarp

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Skynet + Skywarp = Skysky

Fixed.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Devastator is coming together nicely!

Scavenger is starting to hit US stores, and I got mine off Amazon. I already had Hightower, so all I have left are the waist/upper legs part (a leader) and the right arm.

Scavenger was super stiff and took me a while to figure out how all it moved and transformed. As weird as the alt mode is (they are all weird in this set), he turned into a really cool big boi. And Devastator is looking particularly menacing.

HOsHTegh.jpg

Edit: Scale issues? Naaaah.

gSGkzQnh.jpg

Athenor on
  • Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    Fucken sign me up if I get a Skynet/Starscream team up

We all know, Megatron will mope and tell Starsscream; "You failed me , yet again".

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Smartest man in the entire franchise.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    the IDW retcon for why they're called that is pretty good

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    What was it?

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    megatron started as a class agitator, and one of his rallying cries was "you are being deceived"

• Options
    I picked up Siege Starscream at a pretty good discount, which is good because I thought I was going to skip on all 7 Siege Seeker reskins. I'm glad I didn't! It's a fun little tetrajet and bigger/more imposing than I was expecting.

NY Toy Fair is going on, so there's a TON of info out there.. I can't really recap it all.

But I do see one thing I want.

Over in the Gunpla thread, I said I didn't want any Transformers that were statues. Someone pointed out that I would want them if they were massive.

This qualifies. I just wish it wasn't $400.

1582383914-erycoyoueaibvam.jpg

1582383913-errw6ohu4aayzrd.jpg

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular

Check out the axes in the latter two pics. Those look pretty familiar.

• Options
    Holy hell are those from Animated?

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    surprised I don't see this linked here yet

https://youtu.be/SYDB6skUqYw

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Not digging those voices

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Just saw an accreditation to Rooster Teeth Animation, so likely it is their in-house voice folks. Though lately they've been getting more and more celebrity voices.

This is also showing how big they are getting in terms of licenses and such.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    So my brother was a huge G1 fan and watched the show when it was on. I was slightly too young but played with his toys. I was at a Target last week and saw a War for Cybertron Starscream and nostalgia hit me so I bought him. Since then I've been looking around at others and today Target has a buy one get one 50% off on Transformers so now I also have a Thundercracker, Hound, and a Shockwave.

Even though theses aren't G1, their robot forms look close enough for me to really like.

Previously the only Transformer I had was a third party Swerve because he came with a little tray of drinks from his bar in the IDW comics. He's pretty close to scale with this Hound.

Help. I've fallen down a hole.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
  • Options
    Hasbro's posted another update to their Unicron project.

https://hasbropulse.com/blogs/haslab-preview/haslab-unicron-update-2

They are up to the T1 sample, which is their first run of the molds to make sure they work. It is super-rough, but it does let them see how things are coming together.

I love shots of injection molding dies.

sOvd0kth.jpg

I knew it was gonna be big.. but I wasn't expecting the size of a toddler! I.. have no clue where I'm going to put this thing.

I do know that I'll need to keep the box if I have any hope of transporting it in storage.

• Options
    Whelp! I'm just 1 piece away from completing the Studio Series Devastator!

I'm trying out an alternate hand configuration for Scrapmetal and Hightower that I saw on Peaugh's channel. I cannot begin to express how much better a look it is for this guy.

I really hope a 3rd party company comes out with something to flesh out details, though. A lot of people (myself included) want a 9th robot that is basically a partsformer that fills in gaps and makes things better. Sadly, I don't think anything is going to give him a poseable head.

0e8wSsUh.jpg

I also found an Earthrise Grapple while out on the same trip. For as orange a fig as it is, he's pretty fun! Transformation seems simple, but there are a few tricks.

Unfortunately, it wasn't until after I transformed it to alt mode, that I learned about an issue with the pegs in the back that can cause it to break. They're basically too big. Soooo... as I'm already in the danger zone of snapping them, I'm going to set up a hot water bath and see if I can make the parts malleable enough to release without damage and without stripping off paint, and the from there sand down the pegs a bit as tfwiki recommends.

• Options
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    I wish it was still possible to get legit copies of Fall of Cybertron

To play on modern hardware, I mean

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Did they pull it from the digital stores? I bought and played it on XB1 last year.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Yeah they pulled it in January or thereabouts

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I think they shut down the servers recently, too?

Unless that was War for Cybertron I'm thinking of.

• Options
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Laserbeak got my vote!

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    https://mashable.com/article/transformers-back-to-the-future-gigawatt-toy-comic-pre-order/?europe=true

Gigawatt-04.jpg
    BttF news is out.

-Name is Gigawatt
    -Deluxe size, looks like a retooling of Siege Sideswipe
    -Linited to 1985 pieces (Boo), available on Walmart.com in like 20 minutes.
    -Miniseries from IDW
    -Is pretty much everything I ever wanted.

Undead Scottsman on