Options

Transformers: May 8th is the 40th anniversary!

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I need to clean my kitchen table so I can make... THE BASE.

Edit: Scorpion vs. Scorpion!

CXB42T8h.jpg

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    One thing I'm dying to know about that Ark is if there will be what I call (for lack of a better term) "interior play". That's something that's been really hit or miss with a number of these Titans, and Fortress Maximus, who was possibly the best for it in G1, is probably the worst of the recent ones.

Basically, I like it when other guys can go inside the city/base/ship/whatever, or at least have stuff to do around it. And I hope the Ark provides.

Well that's a side effect of Fort Max being a remold of Metroplex. They did fairly well with his interior spaces, but Fort Max kind of just... tagged along?

Anyways.. * cough*

YCGMUnah.jpg

He is, indeed, a big boi.

In part, but not entirely. Most of the original parts are big offenders as well, despite Metroplex having tons of stuff going on.

Just one case in point: G1 has a cockpit for Spike, but TR doesn't really have anything for Emissary. The Cerebros tower might not allow for one where G1 had it, but there's this three-windowed piece above the rampway that would have made a great place for a cockpit.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Just a head's up, Hasbro Pulse just put up a pre-order (due in June) for Masterpiece Starscream 2.0.

It's much more cartoon accurate, though it definitely has a robot chest on the underside of the jet mode.

It's also $265. And doesn't include a crown. But it does have 6 different facial expressions!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

Kinda disappointed they're rebooting but also sticking with the time travel plot. I wanted something new, not a rehash.

• Options

Kinda disappointed they're rebooting but also sticking with the time travel plot. I wanted something new, not a rehash.

Isn't WFC: Kingdom a Time Travel / paradox plot too? Seems to be the main way they go about things.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    EHKADcT.jpg

Here's the full cover. Wasn't sure initially but I guess they're adding Nightscream from Beast Machines into the group early on.

• Options
    Owenashi wrote: »
    EHKADcT.jpg

Here's the full cover. Wasn't sure initially but I guess they're adding Nightscream from Beast Machines into the group early on.

That's a new character named Nyx.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    EHKADcT.jpg

That's a new character named Nyx.

Nightscream 2.0, got it.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Eh Im fine with it you really cant go anywhere within the existing stuff. I like the designs too

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    I still want something based on the original Beast Wars fiction.

Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Oh the mini comic that came with Battack and Crocatron?

King Riptor on
  • Options
    And the tech specs of around that pre-cartoon period.

• Options
    Also I am legitmately mad we neve got a good Bat transformer from that era.

• Options
    Today, the Transformers Studio Series '86 line was fully unveiled, after some IGN previews yesterday.

My Word.

I already have Masterpiece Grimlock, but the Studio Series Grimlock looks to be just as good! The detail is insane. It really looks like a match to the masterpiece one.

• Options
    I was not expecting the Quintesson box to be this big!

NdGEqCZh.jpg

I'm thinking, given the whole presentation, that I might leave this in the box. Which makes me wonder if I should get the normal components separately. I'm thinking no, as I don't have a particular attachment to them... but I do want to make a massive base, and the Quintesson's throne interfaces with them.

• Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    I'm thinking, given the whole presentation, that I might leave this in the box.

Ha Ha Ha
    ha ha ha
    <Ha ha ha>
    ha ha ha

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Half of the dumb shit I own is still in the box

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    I was not expecting the Quintesson box to be this big!

NdGEqCZh.jpg

I'm thinking, given the whole presentation, that I might leave this in the box. Which makes me wonder if I should get the normal components separately. I'm thinking no, as I don't have a particular attachment to them... but I do want to make a massive base, and the Quintesson's throne interfaces with them.
    I will admit that box is a nice display

But it will gnaw at you.

• Options
    Ow... puns, my biggest weakness!

(I already have that Gnaw from Titans Return or Power of the Primes, I believe. :D )

• Options
    Okay, WHEW. This ended up being bigger than I was worried about from the earlier pictures. Still looks like cheap plastic versus slate gray, but oh well.

E7n5Knxh.jpg

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Athenor, I want to thank you for that photo, because my absolute favorite thing in the world - better than my favorite foods, better than sinking into my chair after an exhausting day and listening to comforting music from my youth, better even than watching my child play - is getting a peek into other people's personal lives by looking at the contents of their bookshelves that have been included in photos that they are not the main subjects of.

From your photo, I have learned that you're a Shadowrun dork; dork enough to have even 2nd Edition adventures. And so, my esteem for you has grown.

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Athenor, I want to thank you for that photo, because my absolute favorite thing in the world - better than my favorite foods, better than sinking into my chair after an exhausting day and listening to comforting music from my youth, better even than watching my child play - is getting a peek into other people's personal lives by looking at the contents of their bookshelves that have been included in photos that they are not the main subjects of.

From your photo, I have learned that you're a Shadowrun dork; dork enough to have even 2nd Edition adventures. And so, my esteem for you has grown.

Um... yeah, I guess you could call me a dork... :D

https://imgur.com/gallery/qvsGG5c

(That shelf from 3 months ago)

1RMWnfYh.jpg

Athenor on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

1RMWnfYh.jpg

We're all posting in the Transformers thread on a forum for a webcomic about video games.
    I think some measure of dorkiness is a given.

• Options
    That was more tongue in cheek - I collect Shadowrun books and am somewhere north of an 80-90% complete collection on the sourcebooks at this point, at least the NA ones. I have a couple white whales, but slowly and surely I'm picking up stuff. It's funny - my friend Bull was selling off a lot of his collection to help with medical stuff and because he needs to pare down his living quarters, and I was only able to pick up, like, 5 books off him. Though they were some very coveted 1st and early 2nd edition works!

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

1RMWnfYh.jpg

We're all posting in the Transformers thread on a forum for a webcomic about video games.
    I think some measure of dorkiness is a given.
    WHAT YOU SAY !!

sig.gif
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    That was more tongue in cheek - I collect Shadowrun books and am somewhere north of an 80-90% complete collection on the sourcebooks at this point, at least the NA ones. I have a couple white whales, but slowly and surely I'm picking up stuff. It's funny - my friend Bull was selling off a lot of his collection to help with medical stuff and because he needs to pare down his living quarters, and I was only able to pick up, like, 5 books off him. Though they were some very coveted 1st and early 2nd edition works!
    Wait, Bull like Shadowrun's Bull? Ah, geeze, I just read about his situation - that's really damn rough. I donated a bit.

Hey, but for a giggle, open up that copy of Artifacts Unbound to page 80 and look at the first entry under "People".

(Very envious of your collection, by the way. I have a random assortment of mostly 2nd, 3rd, and 4th edition books, but I'm not actively looking to expand it just because I don't have the space to actually accommodate a full collection of it.)

• Options
    Yup. That bull. :) He has had such a rough time, especially since the coma last year. Being an Amish taxi driver and virtually disabled is really, really tough. I've been trying to help for years.

And.... Yeaaaah, space is an issue.

• Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    So up in the Secret Satan thread I talkin' about how I bought a nice something for myself, and well, it's finally arrived!

be0s6irgpk4a.jpg

I had a bunch of Sideshow points saved up from my purchases which needed to be used up before November's end. I've always wanted a hyper detailed Optimus figure based on the design from the movies. I bought a Duel Model Kit based on the Dark of the Moon design, which I do like in spite of the Michael Bay of it all, but haven't gotten around to putting it together yet. I gotta say though, after seeing what they brought to the table in for his look in Bumblebee it's hard to go back to the flame clad, chicken legged Optimus of old (new?). This thing is a real hefty boy and they spared no expense on the detailing. Can't stop lookin' at it! For some reason this quarantine I've started accumulating a lot of 80's based nostalgia shit (collecting DeLoreans, building a proton pack), which is weird because I'm not really super fond of stuff of the era, and usually only in the hyper specific context of those examples! But here we are. This is what I've become.

0afw2m9hkxex.jpg
    Ready Player One (2018)

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Holy shit. The Paragon Medics and whatever the set with Prowl and Ironhide is called, that I placed an order for in June and has constantly had their dates moved back, actually arrived/shipped! Got Ratchet and Lifeline today and I'm supposed to get the other two tomorrow! That happened out of nowhere and I was sure they were never going to come since I only just approved a delay for one set last week and the other stopped having an estimated date.

Now if only that Amazon set of Seekers would go in stock long enough for me to actually order them. Also I'd like to be able to get the Walmart Bumblebee and Shockwave some day.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I decided against that set because honestly I already have so many representations of those characters, and even those molds, that until I go through my stuff I probably shouldn't get more.

But I am relentlessly hitting refresh on a watch page to get Thrust, as he's the last conehead I need to get my full seeker collection.

Also I pre-ordered the X-men jet and theoretically Target's got a preorder of Gigawatt for me.

• Options
    edited December 2020
    I'm still waiting for Walmart to decide if they're going to ship or cancel my netflix Elita-1, Bumblebee and Soundwave preorders.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I decided against that set because honestly I already have so many representations of those characters, and even those molds, that until I go through my stuff I probably shouldn't get more.

But I am relentlessly hitting refresh on a watch page to get Thrust, as he's the last conehead I need to get my full seeker collection.

Also I pre-ordered the X-men jet and theoretically Target's got a preorder of Gigawatt for me.

I theoretically have a pre-order for Thrust. I'll believe it when it arrives at my door though.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I really like this Earthrise Ratchet. I have a siege Crosshairs I got cheap that is the mold that the Earthrise ones are based on but the new chest/hood and windshield gives him a way better look. I wish he came with all the tools that his siege version apparently came with.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I'm still waiting for Walmart to decide if they're going to ship or cancel my netflix Elita-1, Bumblebee and Soundwave preorders.

Walmart’s site fickin blows

Kept getting delayed over and over, then I walk into a Walmart the other day and there they are on the shelf

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    That's why I'm using a 3rd party hunting tool and the DCPI to look for Thrust at Target. I'm tired of hunting in Wal-mart and their website sometimes fucks up when it comes to displaying the item, so I'm cutting out as many middlemen as I can.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020

Walmart’s site fickin blows

Kept getting delayed over and over, then I walk into a Walmart the other day and there they are on the shelf

moar liek Firewal-Mart.

...I'll get my coat

Shadowen on
  • Options
    Current Autobots minus Sky Lynx who is too big for that shelf. I only started collecting this over the summer too.
    prhi060kwjp1.jpeg

• Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    Which version of Ultra Magnus and Ironhide & Ratchet are those?