Options

[MechWarrior/Battletech] The Oosik Irregulars are going to become canon! *EVACUATE THREAD*

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    People really are learning that the time to kill is much lower now with the added armor and higher heat for firing all their weapons

Wait, did PGI accidentally do the thing everyone has been screaming at them to do for ages?

Could MWO actually be fun again?

I've not noticed a decrease in TTK at all.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    People really are learning that the time to kill is much lower now with the added armor and higher heat for firing all their weapons

Wait, did PGI accidentally do the thing everyone has been screaming at them to do for ages?

I think he meant increase based on the post. MWO has long needed the pace to get slowed the hell down. It'd be neat if that actually happened.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options

I think he meant increase based on the post. MWO has long needed the pace to get slowed the hell down. It'd be neat if that actually happened.

I've not noticed a increase in TTK at all, either.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017

I've noticed it in some areas, but it's very inconsistant. Some of it is people running 100ton assault with full survability, other times it's because my mech no longer preforms as it used to (rip rifleman 2016-2017)

But I've also had encounters when I melt the enemy mech or get melted in return as some mechs now hit a lot harder+less hp. Mostly around the medium/light heavy side.

I guess varity is good, but it feels off to me because I can no longer tell if the match up favourable at a glance.

Luckily QP has a quick turnaround, and I'm still having more positive matches than negative ones.

Mortious on
    Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Also wtf is up with Comandos?

They're everywhere now and ripping people to shreds.

Mortious on
    Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Mortious wrote: »
    Also wtf is up with Comandos?

They're everywhere now and ripping people to shreds.

What're the current light trial mechs?

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    http://mwomercs.com/news/2017/05/1833-battle-tukayyid-3-stats-final-post

Kinda of super depressing, not one is faction had a winning record .

• Options
    CycloneRangerCycloneRanger Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    I do find it super interesting that everyone has slightly different formats for their skill trees. I've noticed the b33f considers full Seismic to be mandatory, and always spends the 1 SP in Misc for the extra consumable slot.

I guess it largely speaks in PGIs favor that folks are having legit conversations about the best skill tree configurations, and coming up with different answers, and largely agreeing that different answers make equal amounts of sense.

It'll be very interesting to see what, if any, meta forms before the new EQ drop this summer.
    It's actually a much better system than the one it replaced (admittedly a low bar)--with the single exception that clicking 91 times per 'mech is awfully tedious. More than once I've decided against running a 'mech I own because I just don't want to deal with the clicking yet.

• Options

I've noticed it in some areas, but it's very inconsistant. Some of it is people running 100ton assault with full survability, other times it's because my mech no longer preforms as it used to (rip rifleman 2016-2017)

But I've also had encounters when I melt the enemy mech or get melted in return as some mechs now hit a lot harder+less hp. Mostly around the medium/light heavy side.

I guess varity is good, but it feels off to me because I can no longer tell if the match up favourable at a glance.

Luckily QP has a quick turnaround, and I'm still having more positive matches than negative ones.
    I do find I'm living longer than before, but I think it's because the other team seems to have three or four LRMers in any given quick play match.

• Options
    Tox wrote: »
    I do find it super interesting that everyone has slightly different formats for their skill trees. I've noticed the b33f considers full Seismic to be mandatory, and always spends the 1 SP in Misc for the extra consumable slot.

I guess it largely speaks in PGIs favor that folks are having legit conversations about the best skill tree configurations, and coming up with different answers, and largely agreeing that different answers make equal amounts of sense.

It'll be very interesting to see what, if any, meta forms before the new EQ drop this summer.
    It's actually a much better system than the one it replaced (admittedly a low bar)--with the single exception that clicking 91 times per 'mech is awfully tedious. More than once I've decided against running a 'mech I own because I just don't want to deal with the clicking yet.

also people arent talking because its a brilliant system with infinite possibilities

they are trying to suss out the best options, with consensus already being reached on many loadouts..which is gonna lead to cookiecutter skill trees that are tedious to implement because
    you have to click ninety nine thousand fucking times because oh wait your click didn't register because instead of a click it just drug the screen to pixels to the right, oh now two pixels to the left..oh well you didn't really want to click that right?

• Options
    Anyone else having weird issues with SSRMs hitting rear armor when fired from the front? I just got alpha'd from the front (in a Linebacker) with about 40 points remaining on all my front armor sections because my rear center torso took all the damage.

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Have that happen with a lot of weapons. Just another wonky thing lol

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Have that happen with a lot of weapons. Just another wonky thing lol

Other issues with weapons that I've noticed an uptick in: Ghost munitions. Seems roughly a third of my projectiles (missiles, PPC, autocannon, gauss rounds) are impacting (getting the red impact reticle) but the paperdoll won't flash and no damage is registered.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    MaijinamuroMaijinamuro Registered User regular
    The differences are still because we have a lot of points to throw around. There is still a ton of auto-includes that 98% of builds want.

Namely heat performance, agility for torso twisting /turns, and the sensor boosts for seismic/radar derp/paper doll info.

I do not actually take agility on anything but a light now. I also don't take sensors at all so far.

Interesting to see others see them as mandatory. My kodiak tree is pretty much what I do to everything with slight tweaks.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    At least with my shadow cat, it actually felt stronger than before once I fully clicked the 91 buttons. Stock mechs are WAAAY more horrible than before though.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I've got some C-bills to throw around, what's a good anti LRM kitfox build?

I know the purifier is basically better due to its high energy mounts but I kinda don't want to reward that kinda shitty pay 2 win sort of design.

I took the Kitfox C and then stripped it of it's weapons and swapped in two Medium Lasers and a bunch of heat sinks and extra AMS ammo.

nrVSbGi.jpg?1

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Where are you finding these LRMs? When I made room for a NARC during the event, I was lucky to find one or two players on my own team who even had the things equipped.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Where are you finding these LRMs? When I made room for a NARC during the event, I was lucky to find one or two players on my own team who even had the things equipped.

It's a weird mix, but there are fairly often games where the opposing team has 2-6 LRM equipped mechs.

I've played maybe a dozen games with it now, I don't scout all that much since it's top speed is capped at 97km/h so I generally provide LRM coverage early the game, along with fending off enemy lights and heavies then transition to tagging, countering enemy ECM and nipping at the heels of enemy Heavy/Assaults later on in the game.

It isn't as great a mech on the more enclosed maps, but on the semi-open to open maps it's been performing really well.

This was my last game, on Manifold.

x82Jmw4.jpg

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017

Hello darkness my old friend

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »

I know the purifier is basically better due to its high energy mounts but I kinda don't want to reward that kinda shitty pay 2 win sort of design.

I took the Kitfox C and then stripped it of it's weapons and swapped in two Medium Lasers and a bunch of heat sinks and extra AMS ammo.

nrVSbGi.jpg?1

I wonder if they ever fixed the CAP being nullified by the ECM on a mech. If they didn't, you can drop the CAP and put on another DHS or another ton of ammo.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Also guys!!!

Unit Statistics from the Tukayyid Event

Look who got rank 22 for the FRR! All 7 of us got enough points to break the top 25.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    nonoffensivenonoffensive Registered User regular
    Top 20 Clan Mechs used:
    Name Total
    ARCTIC CHEETAH ACH-PRIME 45,585

So uh, Arctic Cheetah nerf when? Honestly tho, I'm a patient guy. I can even wait till after you nerf the Warhammer again, a heavy that barely outperformed a 55 ton medium.

• Options
    Top 20 Clan Mechs used:
    Name Total
    ARCTIC CHEETAH ACH-PRIME 45,585

So uh, Arctic Cheetah nerf when? Honestly tho, I'm a patient guy. I can even wait till after you nerf the Warhammer again, a heavy that barely outperformed a 55 ton medium.

Sadly that counter is for both Scouting and Invasion. I know that in Scouting almost every drop had one just to do that annoying run into the circle at 10 seconds to get a cheesy win.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Also guys!!!

Look who got rank 22 for the FRR! All 7 of us got enough points to break the top 25.

Who were the seven of you? I feel like I need to add you to the Honor Rolls for such dedicated, noteworthy service.

Also, I chuckled at the FRR unit list when I saw this:
    Rank	 Unit Name                            	 Unit Tag 	 Players 	 Total Matches 	 Total Wins 
    13	 Bohu dusu a mne c-bills             	 ZBOJ    	1		252		196

That is some dedication.

How did Clan Smoke Jaguar end up with a player population double that of every other faction? That's super weird to me. Was there some sort of concentrated Clan-side push to all align Jaguar for Tukayyid?

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Yeah, its pretty obvious with how high mediums ended up, but Artic Cheetah is a huge outlier on that list. Its easily one of the best mechs in the game, and its a light! Also notice how the first 8 Clan mechs all passed 20k, but only the first 2 IS mechs did the same. Part of that may be due to the higher number of IS variants to choose from, but the Warhammer and Griffin 2N are obviously the only mechs on par with the Clans at the moment. IS ends up tapping into Assaults to match Clan Heavy performance.

The Warhammer 6D and Battlemaster 2C are both laser boats, along with the Arctic Cheetah, Nova, and Hunchback IIC A. While Clans seem to cluster around PRIME variants and CBill bonuses, IS seems to cluster around heavy survival quirks with mechs like the Battlemaster 2C, Marauder 3R, Grasshopper 5P. IS also had 3 assaults make the list where only the KDK-3 showed up on the Clan side.

I feel like the split between variants unfairly normalizes good mechs. The Warhammer is a good mech, and so multiple variants show up. However, the Griffin isn't as consistent a performer, it just has one good candidate. Also, the Adder continues to be a good mech and Clanners can stfu. Adding things up gets you a more accurate, but also more incomplete picture. I'd imagine the Mad Dog should be higher on the list, but I'm also not sure what Trial mechs were available, which probably skews the data a lot.
    Top IS Mechs     Score      Top Clan Mechs    Score
    WARHAMMER        60,420     HUNCHBACK IIC     72,154
    BATTLEMASTER     30,551     ARCTIC CHEETAH    58,354
    GRIFFIN          29,353     EBON JAGUAR       54,516
    GRASSHOPPER      25,083     NOVA              48,218
    THUNDERBOLT      23,916     HELLBRINGER       46,837
    CENTURION        19,887     SHADOWCAT         31,726
    MARAUDER         16,696     TIMBER WOLF       31,555
    RAVEN            13,727     JENNER IIC        21,670
    PHOENIX HAWK     13,208     KODIAK            14,187
    MAULER           12,602     ADDER             12,448
    CICADA           10,874     MAD DOG           11,860
    LOCUST           10,677     
    HUNCHBACK  	 10,251     
    SHADOW HAWK      9,758      

nonoffensive on
  • Options
    Nips wrote: »
    Also guys!!!

Who were the seven of you? I feel like I need to add you to the Honor Rolls for such dedicated, noteworthy service.

Rank	 Unit Name                            	 Unit Tag 	 Players 	 Total Matches 	 Total Wins 

That is some dedication.

How did Clan Smoke Jaguar end up with a player population double that of every other faction? That's super weird to me. Was there some sort of concentrated Clan-side push to all align Jaguar for Tukayyid?

Clearly they hate themselves and are heaping themselves onto the pyre in preparation for Operation Bulldog.

• Options
    Also guys!!!

That is some dedication.

I know that @Maijinamuro and I did some drops for the event. Although I primarily stayed in Scouting I did try my luck with two Invasion matches which were painful.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    I also did a number of Faction matches for the first weekend, but then had to work all the next week and was out of town for the closing weekend.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    Kaboodles_The_AssassinKaboodles_The_Assassin Kill the meat. Save the metal.Registered User regular

nrVSbGi.jpg?1

Do you actually go through that much ammo? I feel like you could drop a half ton to max out armor.

sXXjb1B.png
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular

nrVSbGi.jpg?1

Do you actually go through that much ammo? I feel like you could drop a half ton to max out armor.

Pull out the BAP, and swap the TAG for a Flamer, become the true support god you always wanted to be.

Also, because your left arm gets +20 armor from quirks, I would pull 9 armor from the cockpit, and the rest from the left arm to max it out everywhere else.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Also guys!!!

That is some dedication.

The merc units said that Smoke Jaguar had the largest signing bonus at the time, and this wasn't a organized event, just complete coincidence that they all joined that Clan at the same time.

Also how can we tell who the seven were? I finished the event so did 1-3 Invasion drops a night, but I doubt I'm one of those because we lost every battle but 3.

Mortious on
    Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    MaijinamuroMaijinamuro Registered User regular
    I completed just about all the tasks so I played a sad number of those matches. Only won a single match. Two draws.

• Options
    Also guys!!!

That is some dedication.

The merc units said that Smoke Jaguar had the largest signing bonus at the time, and this wasn't a organized event, just complete coincidence that they all joined that Clan at the same time.

Also how can we tell who the seven were? I finished the event so did 1-3 Invasion drops a night, but I doubt I'm one of those because we lost every battle but 3.

If you played during the event you were counted.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Also guys!!!

That is some dedication.

If you played during the event you were counted.

Ah yes, true. Let me rephrase then: I doubt I'm one of the reasons we made that list :P

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    Well we have 4 of the 7 identified.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Betsuni, Maijinamuro, Adamski, Mortious - Noted.

I legitimately want to know who the remaining three warm bodies valiant pilots were. For reasons.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    I would have participated, if Tuk 1 and 2 were not basically BDSM porn with Clan Doms.

You can only slam your dick in the kitchen door so many times before it ceases to be fun, afterall.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    I would have participated, if Tuk 1 and 2 were not basically BDSM porn with Clan Doms.

You can only slam your dick in the kitchen door so many times before it ceases to be fun, afterall.

Remember when you could spawn camp Clanners on Sulfur because the spawns weren't behind a wall in perfect CLPL range, and you could light rush Boreal because the generators weren't all inside Streak range of Omega? I think Phase 1 was actually the best CW, just only two or three IS mechs actually worth using. You saw Awesomes a lot, that was fun. Then they "fixed" spawn camping and light rushes. Yaaaaay. Then we lost Tuk 1.

Remember when IS was so overpowered they started taking back a 100% Clan owned galaxy map, still lost Tuk 2 and then PGI spent the next 6 months nerfing everything, even Dragons? Good times.

• Options
    I can't help but wonder if the eighteen different loading screens at the start of each match are really necessary.

• Options
    edited June 2017

Remember when you could spawn camp Clanners on Sulfur because the spawns weren't behind a wall in perfect CLPL range, and you could light rush Boreal because the generators weren't all inside Streak range of Omega? I think Phase 1 was actually the best CW, just only two or three IS mechs actually worth using. You saw Awesomes a lot, that was fun. Then they "fixed" spawn camping and light rushes. Yaaaaay. Then we lost Tuk 1.

Remember when IS was so overpowered they started taking back a 100% Clan owned galaxy map, still lost Tuk 2 and then PGI spent the next 6 months nerfing everything, even Dragons? Good times.

Back when clanners whined because Wubbolts were a threat, a threat with less range and damage than a clan light could muster.

Buttcleft on