Options

[Trump Administration] Actually About Ethics in Email Administration

• Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    "I don't think the president owns a bathrobe. He definitely doesn't wear one."

Um, why does Spicer claim to know these things in that order of certainty?

Apologies, we will revise our headline.

"Spicer Complains POTUS Walks Around Without a Bathrobe"

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited February 2017

It depends. Did he have a far away thousand yard stare look in his eyes when he said it?

Couscous on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Oh look.

The top google image result for "Donald Trump Bathrobe" is....

donald trump wearing a bathrobe.

• Options
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Oh look.

All I see is Mike Rowe looking... Mike-Rowe-face in a Trump bathrobe.

• Options
    Martini_PhilosopherMartini_Philosopher Registered User regular

And why pick out the stupidest least important detail to call a lie?

For the same reasons that a three year old will lie about eating a cookie with crumbs on their face and the other half in their hand.

It's a dare for you to call them out on it. How far can Spicer go before someone starts going along with it?

It's that or Spicer has seen the shoggoth and is trying to warn us about what's under Trump's clothes.

All opinions are my own and in no way reflect that of my employer.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Oh look.

It's pretty old photo, but
    3A26DDDE00000578-3913524-Donald_Trump_channels_Burt_Reynolds_the_quintessential_the_Cosmo-a-1_1478644992154.jpg

Multiple different bathrobe in pictures: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3913524/The-extraordinary-intimate-Trump-family-photos-THRIFT-SHOP-showing-Donald-s-softer-side.html

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    EsteedEsteed Registered User regular

And why pick out the stupidest least important detail to call a lie?

For the same reasons that a three year old will lie about eating a cookie with crumbs on their face and the other half in their hand.

It's a dare for you to call them out on it. How far can Spicer go before someone starts going along with it?

It's that or Spicer has seen the shoggoth and is trying to warn us about what's under Trump's clothes.

Now, come on. That's an insult to shoggoths.

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Honestly, if they just want someone to put out the dumb headline of the week, they should put Yiannopolos already. Would be less painful to watch.

• Options
    Oh look.

3A26DDDE00000578-3913524-Donald_Trump_channels_Burt_Reynolds_the_quintessential_the_Cosmo-a-1_1478644992154.jpg

Oh, shit, I didn't recognize him at all.

I also thought it was a lady.

(It was much smaller in the grid on my phone)

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    I guess the White House is going to release a list of unreported terror attacks.

They clarified to "under reported" a bit later.

I... I think they're about to make up a whole bunch of terror attacks.

• Options
    TaximesTaximes Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    discrider wrote: »
    It would be rather ironic if there were no terrorist attacks under Trump, due to the terrorist groups abroad being too busy training a huge influx of recruits to worry about planning anything.

New GOP strategy: push policy that drastically increases their membership during GOP administrations, on the understanding that they don't attack until it's a D in office.

Taximes on
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Oh look.

Oh, shit, I didn't recognize him at all.

I also thought it was a lady.

(It was much smaller in the grid on my phone)

It's the hair.

it was acceptable in the 80s
    it was acceptable at the time

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Ok alright ok ok calling obscenity on that image Jesus *bangs gavel* I knew it when I saw it

Anyway re: Reichstag event / authoritarian power grab / triggering event:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/02/06/donald-trumps-suggestion-that-the-media-is-covering-up-terrorist-attacks-is-genuinely-dangerous/?utm_term=.69fca7158367&hpid=hp_rhp-top-table-main_trump-media-4pm:homepage/story

The president is basically promulgating a fiction akin to 9/11 conspiracy theorizing that the media is covering up all these secret terror attacks that they don't want the American people to know about, and his minions are happily repeating it. In addition to his attacks on the court, this scares me in the Orwellian sense--it's feeding this paranoia on the right that there is a constant, ongoing internal war between Islam and the west RIGHT NOW that is just being buried by the media because ??? They may not even have to wait for a real terror attack to justify their national security crackdown.

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I am pretty sure any supposedly under reported case can be easily explained by the old joke about how many dead foreign people is equal to one dead American in the eyes of the American news media.

Edit: Besides the ones that simply didn't happen.

Couscous on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    But I suppose not a mouthful of Bud.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Brolo wrote: »

It's like a mouthful of Bud, in that I don't understand why people like it.

Taximes on
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Taximes wrote: »

It's cheap and tasteless.

• Options
    AstaerethAstaereth In the belly of the beastRegistered User regular
    I don't buy that the media would fail to report any terror attack, unless maybe the terrorists attacked a Clinton policy speech.

ACsTqqK.jpg
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I think Budweiser is garbage but I'll buy a few cases to make up for the thin-skinned yahoos who can't stand to see a thing about German immigrants.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular

My thought when seeing this: "good, maybe they'll sober up some and realize they're idiots"

No I don't.
  • Options
    VishNub wrote: »

And everyone has an uncle that's way too into it.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    do we really need to be posting tweets from game theory charlatan guy

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    I think Budweiser is garbage but I'll buy a few cases to make up for the thin-skinned yahoos who can't stand to see a thing about German immigrants.

I can't even drink beer anymore and I want to buy a case.

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »

And everyone has an uncle that's way too into it.

Are we still talking about the ad?

• Options
    Astaereth wrote: »
    I don't buy that the media would fail to report any terror attack, unless maybe the terrorists attacked a Clinton policy speech.

I mean, if they are talking about terror attacks in, like, Africa and the middle east, yeah. They'd have a point. Those are never covered in the US media

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    who would have guessed that a tasteless beer that rebranded itself "America" would use clumsy attempts at patriotism to boost sales?

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Y'know, right now the press has teeth and is willing to go, if not for the throat, at least throat adjacent.

Now is absolutely the time for Bannon et al to try and make up some "underreported" terrorist attacks, especially this close to national Bowling Green Remembrance Week.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    mcp wrote: »
    I guess the White House is going to release a list of unreported terror attacks.

They clarified to "under reported" a bit later.

I... I think they're about to make up a whole bunch of terror attacks.

Honestly, I was thinking that Trump was deliberately compromising our national security to create a Reichstag fire scenario. I didn't consider the possibility that he would just make one up out of whole cloth.

Edit: Thinking about it, this is prime red meat for the base. They get their "lugenpresse", excuse for civil rights crackdowns, AND Trump gets none of the blame.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    Isn't Bud owned by a foreign company anyway?

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Wait so was Budweiser pro trump or anti trump I didn't watch the duper owl

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »

A major theme of the advertising last night was inclusiveness.

This ruffled the feathers of a lot of right wingers.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    The ACLU is using Trump's Twitter account in their case against the ban, and they marked Trump, in his official capacity as president, as a defendant. The ACLU is specifically citing his regular calls for a "ban" on muslims entering the country and him referring to the Executive Order as a "ban" on his twitter feed. They also cite Juliani's talk, and Breitbart's reporting that the EO is intended to be a Muslim ban.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/02/prof-can-you-sue-the-president-based-on-his-tweets-were-about-to-find-out/
    The new ACLU lawsuit (Al-Mowafak et al v. Trump et al), joins an ever-growing list of cases filed in various federal courts around the country that challenge the legality of the executive order. The lawsuit was filed on Thursday on behalf of a number of California students affected by the order.

What makes the ACLU proposed class action lawsuit remarkable is its creative use of President Donald Trump's tweets against him. The lawsuit points to specific instances in which the president described the executive order as a "ban" on Muslims.
    Similarly, Justin Cox, an attorney with the National Immigration Law Center, who is representing plaintiffs in a similar ongoing case in New York (Darweesh v. Trump), told Ars that such lawsuits are usually based on public statements made by more local public officials—like city council members or state legislators.

"Because those are the folks that are usually saying those sorts of things that are on the public record," he said. "The president doesn’t typically say racist things out loud where everyone can see it."

"Politicians aren't dumb enough to capture things in explicitly racist terms," he added. "The case law on these types of claims—you're talking about other types of evidence, deviations from normal procedures. Politicians don’t say stupid shit like this out loud, so [Trump's] bucking that trend."

JUSTICE BONERRRRRRR ERRWHERE

seriously though WORDS MATTER YOU FUCKWITS

• Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtBZvl7dIu4

Story of how the Budweiser founder came to America as an immigrant. It's an anti-trump ad.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular

They made an ad about the discrimination their founders faced upon arriving in America and their ability to succeed in the face of it.

So now as far as any Trump supporter is concerned, anti.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    I haven't caught up with the thread yet so maybe this has been posted:
    WaPo's Marc Fisher and Michael Kranish, in the reporting for their book “Trump Revealed,” asked Trump about friendship. His answer, excerpted below, is totally fascinating:

"Well, it’s an interesting question. Most of my friendships are business-related because those are the only people I meet. The people I meet, really, I guess I could say socially, when you go out to a charity event or something . . . I have people that I haven’t spoken to in years, but I think they’re friends. . . . I mean, I think I have a lot of friends but they’re not friends like perhaps other people have friends, where they’re together all the time and they go out to dinner all the time.”

But was there anyone he would turn to if he had a personal problem, or some doubt about himself or something he’d done?

“More of my family, I have a lot of good relationships. I have good enemies, too, which is okay. But I think more of my family than others."

Fisher relayed to me that Trump named three people, off the record, with whom he had business dealings years before that he considered friends but whom he hadn't seen in recent years. Fisher followed up with two of them, and they expressed surprise that Trump would describe them as friends as opposed to business acquaintances.
    Once again, Trump tests the limits of my empathy. So much about him and his administration would just be really pathetic and sad, if they weren't also threatening to destroy America and the world. This kills the empathy.

Taximes on
  • Options

Anheiser-Busch ran an ad showing that, both Anheuser and Busch were immigrants, as this somehow was not apparent to many people that drank it?

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Astaereth wrote: »

There are plenty of terror attacks that go unreported by US national media.

The question is whether or not they're doing it because of politics or because nobody gives a shit what happens in Jakarta or wherever.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited February 2017

The ad was all "immigrants, like our German founders, make the country better."
    So, against the New Truth.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular

Hardcore anti-Trump
    About as anti-Trump as Great Britain is right now.
    Donald Trump will not be allowed to address Parliament on UK state visit, Speaker John Bercow says

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
This discussion has been closed.