As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem Heroes] Rerolling until you get 5 stars or Hector

• Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Is Bonfire or Ignis worth it over Moonbow for Hector because his high def?

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Is Bonfire or Ignis worth it over Moonbow for Hector because his high def?

I personally prefer bonfire because my hector is -atk. It means +20 damage, which sometimes makes a big difference with vantage against a red mage, for example. Moonbow against most units may mean +7-10 damage, which is great and triggers frequently.

If nothing else, armor units can utilize skills like bonfire very well while anyone can make good use of moonbow, saving moonbow for anyone else.

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Bonfire for sure if you have Vantage, you'll kill anything that doesn't one round you. Ignis nah, the extra charge is too much.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »
    Veevee wrote: »
    Opty wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Die on turn 6. Use a lights blessing and you win the mao with everyone alive.

I ran out of lights blessings and there don't appear to be any ways to earn more right now.

Did you redeem all 3 of the ones you can get with Nintendo Points?

What the hell are nintendo points?

When looking at your available quests, there is a circle on the right of the "Quests & Missions" banner (on the left is the red arrow back). Tap that.

If you've never done that, there are 10 free orbs waiting for you, too.

Why does it say I have like a thousand points worth of missions completed but I have zero points?

Also, how the fuck were players ever supposed to know about this?

It should have told you when it had the big prompt to link your account? You have to redeem the completed missions on the site. Also, don't forget to get the free orbs

Yeah when I linked my account I had issues. All this myNintendo stuff didn't exist the last time I opened a 3DS.

Looks like the rewards for completing the various missions all expire after 30 days so... screwed there.

Yeah this thread was talking about it pretty constantly the first week of release and the news articles that pop up mention it from time to time. You just didn't pay attention lol.

Hang on, let me get you a bigger knife to twist in that wound.

Or maybe just don't taunt people over stuff.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I definitely see a solid argument in favor of Ignis though. Anyone attacking Hector is probably doubling him, but he is doubling back, and he should be strong enough to have killed whoever attacked him on the second plain strike. That means you have 4 charge done and vantage active so anyone attacking you is getting hit by vantage ignis.

Moonbow/Bonfire Hector will trigger their skill on the second counter attack, unless you were attacked by a brave weapon or someone slow enough to not double him. This means the second person attacking you is getting hit by a plain vantage attack. If you have Hector somehow be the initiator though it then means you have a vantage moonbow / bonfire counter ready.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    mts wrote: »
    ok, skill question.

working on my hector. he is at vantage 2 and has about 176 sp. I also gave him moonbow as an inherit. do i learn new moon first or wait for enough sp for vantage 3 then go for the special?

i think I am leaning towards moonbow first but thought I would throw it out here.

also the youre gonna have a bad day arena team now has Zeph with fury 2 instead of L+D, and Effie with threaten Def.

My advice: give him Bonfire.

Edit: too late! NM.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Anyone have inheritance recommendations for Marth? I am starting to use him over Roy (he seems so much more durable) but I have no idea what stuff to dump on him

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    What are his IVs?

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Talith wrote: »
    What are his IVs?

I have no clue how to even check that :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Ah, if he is level 1 or level 40 you can compare it to the listing here http://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Marth

You compare the base stats on that page to whatever stats your Marth has. You have to subtract your weapon's ATK value to figure out the base ATK your Marth has.

The site also offers several general build options for characters, but generally I think the builds should revolve around the IVs and what you want the character to do on your team.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Ah, if he is level 1 or level 40 you can compare it to the listing here http://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Marth

You compare the base stats on that page to whatever stats your Marth has. You have to subtract your weapon's ATK value to figure out the base ATK your Marth has.

The site also offers several general build options for characters, but generally I think the builds should revolve around the IVs and what you want the character to do on your team.

Oh cool. It looks like he is -ATK/+DEF. I guess that explains why he feels more tanky :) (meanwhile Roy seems to be -ATK/+HP, go figure)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    So you can do the Bonfire/Moonbow, Fury, Swordbreaker/Renewal, Threaten ATK style build and use him on the front line to soak attacks from swords and axes.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Ah that could work, though I don't think I have access to Bonfire (I may have a 3 star Robin though... Maybe good enough...)

Edit: Ah, apparently I did have one 4 star Robin. Cool.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Ah that could work, though I don't think I have access to Bonfire (I may have a 3 star Robin though... Maybe good enough...)

That's the entire reason I keep my 3-star Robins around, for passing Bonfire to someone later.

god I get so many damn Robins.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Hmmm... Do the Hector banner which has the bonus to focus pulls and somehow end up with a 5 star Peri (who isn't even a focus hero) :P ok game... I'm not sure if Peri is any good or not, though I guess more 5 stars are always nice

She's a great anti-Mage unit.

No armor, but she bodies Young Tiki.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    So you can do the Bonfire/Moonbow, Fury, Swordbreaker/Renewal, Threaten ATK style build and use him on the front line to soak attacks from swords and axes.

I should figure out which my Roys has the best IVs for this...

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I still have a few FTP orbs left to get from the higher level lunatic stages and from the quests to do stuff without anyone dying but I decided to use the 13 orbs I'd scrounged together to do a three pull last night and lucked into Azura. I don't think I'm going to try for Takumi at this point, so whatever orbs I manage to get now are for stockpiling.

• Options
    I am debating if I wanna buy some orbs to do one last pull of that banner before it's done. I am pretty sure I have no way to earn enough for free before the 8th...

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Yay finally got a second group (Anna/Ninian/Sanaki/Eirika) to 40!

edit: and boo I just learned that my Eirika and Sanaki are both -SPD, Ninian is +SPD though so that's good at least.

Now time to work on Ike/Soren/Reinhardt/Zephiel

edit2: Yeah, my arena team feels much better going from Robin (4*)/Olivia(3*-28)/Minerva/Takumi to all 5*-40s in Ninian/Eirika/Takumi/Minerva

ObiFett on
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    I decided to stop hoarding my feathers, and went to promote my lv40 4* Effie. Then I noticed she's -attack +speed, which is pretty much the worst you could get.

I had another 4 star with +hp -speed, so I ended up promoting her instead, but the old one had about 1000SP saved up that's going to waste now.

Also, it appears that unless I want to promote a Donnel to 5* just to eat him, I have no way of getting her a brave lance +, which is a shame.

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    I had another 4 star with +hp -speed, so I ended up promoting her instead, but the old one had about 1000SP saved up that's going to waste now.

They... they don't have to? If you merge crappy Effie with Good Effie, Good Effie will learn all of the skills Crappy Effie has learned.

Veevee on
  • Options

They... they don't have to? If you merge crappy Effie with Good Effie, Good Effie will learn all of the skills Crappy Effie has learned.

Until the new one is levelled up, Old Effie is still my strongest unit, so I don't really want to waste her just yet. And maybe I'll promote her to 5 star so I have a +1 Effie...

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i'm looking at what tactical options i'm really lacking right now...
    good reds and colorless, one very good blue unit, bad greens.

basically i want hector and ninian :< RIP wallet

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

Until the new one is levelled up, Old Effie is still my strongest unit, so I don't really want to waste her just yet. And maybe I'll promote her to 5 star so I have a +1 Effie...

The feathers are still way too tight for me to really recommend that. Better to hold onto them for the off chance you pull a 4* reinhardt, nowi, or whatever the new hotness is, a cycle later.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Woo Hector! +Def -Res... not great, not terrible. It'll do

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    x82p7kqpacfk.jpg

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    x82p7kqpacfk.jpg

Welcome to Club Ryoma. Your complimentary melted butter is on its way.

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Speaking of Ryoma, did you know that an Easter Camilla +5 with Gronnblade on a Flier Emblem team will one-shot a +Res/neutral HP Ryoma?

nib5uiyjfeo9.png

(Yes, that second Easter Camilla was also +5). That's what I get for fishing for a 696 team, whales ain't fucking around.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    Spring Camilla with Gronnblade and a full flier emblem team will take down a LOT of things.

Sigh, At some point I need to assemble a flier team, but thats about a million feathers away right now.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    I don't know where my luck has come these last few days, but I just pulled a second Hector (though I did drop some cash). I'm giving Distant Counter to Zephiel...my armor emblem team is on its way! Need to 5* Effie still so I can give her Abel's Brave Lance+, but then I'll have Zephiel with DC, Hector with DC, Sheena to be a wall, and standard Effie with Brave Lance+. I just need a few Draug's to give Ward Armor to people...I'll stick with Fortify, Hone, and Goad until then though.

So much SP to farm! Now's the time, at least :)

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    I'm actually very close to a Flier Emblem team, but I'm having trouble deciding on the third and fourth members. So far I've got:

Cordelia +SPD/-HP
    Cherche +ATK/-HP

The third will probably be a +HP/-DEF Minerva, but then if I use Camilla as my fourth I'll be overloaded with green axes. I have a +ATK Palla I can promote, but her and Caeda are still pretty mediocre.

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    I have a spring Camilla but didn't get hinoka, so I don't have the valuable hone fliers buff. I don't have the blade+ tome either, since I don't have the luxury of feathers or extra nino right now.

A flier emblem team would be great fun though!

A boy can dream.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Smoogy wrote: »
    mts wrote: »
    ok, skill question.

working on my hector. he is at vantage 2 and has about 176 sp. I also gave him moonbow as an inherit. do i learn new moon first or wait for enough sp for vantage 3 then go for the special?

i think I am leaning towards moonbow first but thought I would throw it out here.

also the youre gonna have a bad day arena team now has Zeph with fury 2 instead of L+D, and Effie with threaten Def.

My advice: give him Bonfire.

Edit: too late! NM.

Well now he has both! I have like a million 4* pallas and old tikis so i gave both him and Effie bonfire

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Man...I want some 4* Pallas and Tikis/Robins. All mine are 3* so it costs me 2k feathers to give someone Bonfire or Moonbow :(

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Wooo beat GHB on lunatic thanks to the +3 HP seal on Rein. He had 2 HP left. Man eff that green mage and his Glacies BS.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Smoogy wrote: »
    Man...I want some 4* Pallas and Tikis/Robins. All mine are 3* so it costs me 2k feathers to give someone Bonfire or Moonbow :(

yea in the process of getting bonfire on Zeph, Effie and Hector, i think i had to upgrade 1 tiki. i think i still have 2-3 more

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    I've seen a build for Spring Camilla that gives her Gronnraven+ instead of Gronnblade, and makes her more of a solo mage. IE doesn't need all the flier buffs.

At some point, if I haven't found a better idea in the meantime, I plan to do that so I can sub her in to more varied teams.

• Options
    4720 perfect run using 4* Clarine along with Xanders, Titania, and Azura. I'm actually impressed how helpful having a healer with front line bruiser poverty horse emblem has been. Titania doesn't even have an A and B passive yet, still waiting on female mage banner to see what fodder I pull to toss her way (hoping on Tharja).

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    There's no going back now...I just gave Sheena Wary Fighter and Ignis. Armor Emblem is on.

Need a bunch of feathers to 5* Effie since I just used them to 5* Zephiel, but here's the eventual plan. Might have to switch everyone to Swap from Pivot that they already have and get some Draugs for Ward Armor. Maybe a Hawkeye for Threaten Attack on Zephiel too. Vantage 3 for Hector would be much better now...

Hector - Armads/Pivot/Bonfire/Distant Counter/Wings of Mercy 3/Goad Armor
    Zephiel - Eckesachs/Swap/Reprisal or Noontime/Distant Counter/Wary Fighter 3/Hone Armor
    Effie - Brave Lance+/Pivot/Bonfire/Death Blow 3/Wary Fighter 3/Ward Armor
    Sheena - Killer Axe+/Swap/Ignis/not sure yet/Wary Fighter 3/Fortify Armor

Maybe will build up my Maria or an Azama with Live to Serve and Wrys' group heal as an alternative. I can see that being awesome to keep everyone in Wary Fighter range.

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    That is terrifying

This discussion has been closed.