As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] Does this syandana make my ass look fat?

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Another strat for the middle mission(s), c/o the wiki:
    I don't know if there's an easier method, but Valkyr made it a cake walk for me. You get full energy restored with every sentient kill, so you can stay in Hysteria indefinitely. Hysteria's even split damage (slash/impact/puncture) + 1 element on melee weapon made short work of the sentients (sometimes I could kill them with 1 sliding attack).

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    On Sentients, my favorite three frames to bring are Valkyr, Mesa and Mag.

Valkyr and Mesa's 4 do a pretty balanced mix of IPS damage, so with a 2 ele weapon you can come pretty damn close to finishing them off in a few seconds. Valkyr's is perfectly balanced IPS, so you could even stay in Hysteria and finish them off if you chose.

Mag is slowly becoming my fav though, Magnetize holds the sentient in place and makes all bullets hit them, plus the damage bonus is enough that if you can stick to just one weapon if you have enough elemental mods on them. Or better yet, wait till you get 4 non-magnetic immunites and just hit Crush.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I am 51 points from tier 3.

Edit: we just had a 196 point T3 run. Clan is at 888.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Well. I can say this. The method of farming the various Octavia pieces means that no matter how much I want her I'm not going to grind those pieces...because it would DRIVE ME MAD!

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Well. I can say this. The method of farming the various Octavia pieces means that no matter how much I want her I'm not going to grind those pieces...because it would DRIVE ME MAD!

I got all the parts in 2 ODS and about 6-8? Lua Exterminates. Not very hard. Probably could have gotten it in fewer if I had grouped, cause about half of those exterminates I left before I got all the caches. The Simon Says room, from what I understand, has a 100% chance at an Octavia part when you do it, only a question of if it spawns or not.

...but if still want her you really have zero desire to farm the parts, make sure you buy her before you do her quest. If you already have Octavia, instead of her BP you get a Pistol Riven instead.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
  • Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    I've been grouping with Octavias all day and without fail

every

single

one

is playing Sandstorm

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I've been grouping with Octavias all day and without fail

every

single

one

is playing Sandstorm

Well I mean

yeah? That song's amazing :bzz:

I myself am just working on little ditties and dubstep snippets at the moment. I also want to make something using the default drumset since it's the Japanese-sounding "tenno" drums and I'm a big fan of taiko drumming

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Whenever I get around to building her I'll be raiding my archive of classic chiptunes for inspiration.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I saw someone mention one that had a chocobo theme: all yellow, the syndana with the wings, and their song was the chocobo theme.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    I saw someone mention one that had a chocobo theme: all yellow, the syndana with the wings, and their song was the chocobo theme.

That is the best.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Sandstorm is the obvious one, yes (and there's a good rendition in the "Peak" video, above)... but now I'm actually looking for "This is Who You Are". Seems fitting, yes?

• Options
    Also super glad they reduced all the Judgement Point requirements for challenging Kela on Sedna. Got my Twin Kohmak blueprint on the 2nd run.

Now to find out if there is such a thing as Peak Dakka

• Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    So regarding the new quest, was I the only one that felt that
    the final mission had it way too easy to fall off the platforms, especially on the third set of notes?

I just used titania

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    I love this new UI which is just fucking gigantic for no discernable reason.

Fissure extraction screen. Which should I pick? What's inside my own relic? I don't fucking know, because Lotus is talking and her fat face covers the left half of my screen!

• Options
    Foefaller wrote: »

Valkyr and Mesa's 4 do a pretty balanced mix of IPS damage, so with a 2 ele weapon you can come pretty damn close to finishing them off in a few seconds. Valkyr's is perfectly balanced IPS, so you could even stay in Hysteria and finish them off if you chose.

Mag is slowly becoming my fav though, Magnetize holds the sentient in place and makes all bullets hit them, plus the damage bonus is enough that if you can stick to just one weapon if you have enough elemental mods on them. Or better yet, wait till you get 4 non-magnetic immunites and just hit Crush.

Ivara was by far the easiest sentient killer for me. A nice status melee makes short work of sentiens, killed about 120 in 10 minutes, without ever taking any damage. Got ALL the mods, including a sword stance I had never seen before.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    kralizecc wrote: »

Ivara was by far the easiest sentient killer for me. A nice status melee makes short work of sentiens, killed about 120 in 10 minutes, without ever taking any damage. Got ALL the mods, including a sword stance I had never seen before.

At this point, I just shoot them with MegaHek, then if that didn't work run away and shoot a magazine of MegaKulstar in their general direction. See also: Stalker 2.0, though with him I just skip straight to part 2.

Edit: Like, these guns are overkill for everything else, but worth it for this. I have "really good guns that do a lot of damage", but what you need is "utterly stupid numbers why would I ever need that?" level, and it took a bit to figure that out.

dporowski on
  • Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    10/10 gonna put the metroid prime echos intro song on that frame if I ever get it!

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Basil wrote: »

That is the best.

I stole this idea and I'm doing it right now

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »

That is the best.

I stole this idea and I'm doing it right now

Get three Zephyrs to do it and follow you around.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    NuLimbo is quite something:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xaWThgjdYM&feature=youtu.be

I am amused that Dio impressions are among the tamest uses his kit can be put to.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options

I am amused that Dio impressions are among the tamest uses his kit can be put to.

How long can you farm Akkad in the frozen time?

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Xboxen, we definitely have the bp achieved. Make sure you contribute at the t3 level before the event ends tomorrow so you can get the bp.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Crippl3 wrote: »

Stasis lasts for 30 seconds by default, and you can cast it outside the rift before anything is banished, so you can activate it, then drop a Cataclysm in the middle of a horde and start meleeing all the frozen enemies.

However, with the rework, once in the rift, it is difficult to add new enemies into the rift. Cataclysm shrinks over time, and the augment mod that extends duration with each kill does not stop that (though it slows it down) so you have to keep re-casting it if you want to make sure you catch the mutalist moas that might stop before crossing over, and Banish now only works on targets that are on the same plane as you. Key for adding new enemies into the rift other than Cataclysm is Rift Surge; Apply it, Banish them, and they will banish anyone near them back into the rift, including nearby rift surged enemies that were banished with them.

Also, Stasis is the new Limbo thing that, if not used right, will leave most of your allies very annoyed at you.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »

Stasis lasts for 30 seconds by default, and you can cast it outside the rift before anything is banished, so you can activate it, then drop a Cataclysm in the middle of a horde and start meleeing all the frozen enemies.

However, with the rework, once in the rift, it is difficult to add new enemies into the rift. Cataclysm shrinks over time, and the augment mod that extends duration with each kill does not stop that (though it slows it down) so you have to keep re-casting it if you want to make sure you catch the mutalist moas that might stop before crossing over, and Banish now only works on targets that are on the same plane as you. Key for adding new enemies into the rift other than Cataclysm is Rift Surge; Apply it, Banish them, and they will banish anyone near them back into the rift, including nearby rift surged enemies that were banished with them.

Also, Stasis is the new Limbo thing that, if not used right, will leave most of your allies very annoyed at you.

I was just making a JoJo's joke (a JoJoke) lol
    But thanks for the info.

• Options
    Last night's/this morning's redtext:
    Sorry to interrupt all your Darude "Sandstorm" covers, but we've got a few badly-needed fixes.

• Options
    Ooh, good information. I wasn't certain that the stasis toggle would apply like that.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    FYI, there is currently a bug with ODS, where if you are grouped for it, the rewards it says you get will not be the actual rewards you get. Soloing has no such bug, so if you are hunting for Octavia parts that way, make sure you go it alone.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bleh. my first kavat, and I love the colors etc... but she has the stupid 'pug' face.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    I got a 296 score, got bored and cell mates started dropping, so had to stop.

Was pleasant using my Amprex, Sonicor and Ignis again.

meta riding synoid-Mirage in the group was pretty unpleasant. Always amusing to me when people riding the meta are chatty. but eh.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    My best right now is...48.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Full disclosure: that is technically my best score because I only tried tier 3 once. I may give it another go later. but I'm sure we're good for the thinger.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    We are 824 on the leaderboard.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    The bottom level achievement is so smol for ghost clan

260... wat

Hardcore is pretty within reach for my clan, but the victory tier, that is the true hardcore tier

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Yeah, I want victory tier so bad but it just ain't happening. I think we might top 10% though.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Yeah, I want victory tier so bad but it just ain't happening. I think we might top 10% though.

You can check through clan statistics and the appropriate dynamic leaderboard thing

This is for Xbox, PS4 can go screw

http://content.xb1.warframe.com/dynamic/pacifismDefect.php

• Options
    edited March 2017
    We're 690 now.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    TetraRayTetraRay Registered User regular
    Octavia cooking, Sheev in the cooker finally, and I even unlocked all my riven mods!

By unlocked I mean that I handed two "get three headshots while aim gliding" mods to @kralizecc and made him do it. Because after 30 mins of not even being able to get one headshot let alone three in a row I was about to just scrap the damned things

Steam ID: TetraRay
  • Options
    TetraRay wrote: »
    Octavia cooking, Sheev in the cooker finally, and I even unlocked all my riven mods!

By unlocked I mean that I handed two "get three headshots while aim gliding" mods to kralizecc and made him do it. Because after 30 mins of not even being able to get one headshot let alone three in a row I was about to just scrap the damned things

Just gotta slot in one of the increased aim glide mods and bulletjump straight up and aim glide down, popping heads as you gently fall

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »
    TetraRay wrote: »

By unlocked I mean that I handed two "get three headshots while aim gliding" mods to kralizecc and made him do it. Because after 30 mins of not even being able to get one headshot let alone three in a row I was about to just scrap the damned things

Just gotta slot in one of the increased aim glide mods and bulletjump straight up and aim glide down, popping heads as you gently fall

That, and use zephyr, on a corpus map with the updraft vents. It's a long half hour or whatever that you're stuck in aimglide, but it works.

This discussion has been closed.