Options

[PSN] Thread

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    July's PS+ Lineup:
    • Darkstalkers Resurrection (PS3)
    • Don’t Die Mr Robot (PS4/Vita)
    • Element4l (Vita)
    • Game of Thrones: A Telltale Series (PS4)
    • That’s You (PS4) - 4th July onwards
    • Tokyo Jungle (PS3)
    • Until Dawn (PS4)

Game of Thrones is pure garbage but that's a goooood lineup.

FYI, That's You! is a Jackbox-like party game Sony announced in their E3 pre-show.

We have Tokyo Jungle already, but I really wish it was playable on ps4.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    July's PS+ Lineup:
    • Darkstalkers Resurrection (PS3)
    • Don’t Die Mr Robot (PS4/Vita)
    • Element4l (Vita)
    • Game of Thrones: A Telltale Series (PS4)
    • That’s You (PS4) - 4th July onwards
    • Tokyo Jungle (PS3)
    • Until Dawn (PS4)

Game of Thrones is pure garbage but that's a goooood lineup.

FYI, That's You! is a Jackbox-like party game Sony announced in their E3 pre-show.
    A new first for me - I already own 100% most of this month's lineup. Wheee. (edited: Yeah, I don't own "That's You" yet, but I do own all of the Jackbox games, so it's definitely redundant for me.)

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    Hearing people bitch about PS+ not being as cool as 2006 when Sony was still on their We're So Sorry Tour was old back in 2015...

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Tokyo Jungle seems like one of those games that people really love the idea of but when it comes to actually playing it I don't think it looks very interesting at all.

Tried playing it recently after buying it at launch, it's one of those games that can kill you and there's nothing you can do about it. For example, I had a pretty good multi-generational family of pomeranians going and then the game just decided to stop spawning animals to hunt, so I just ran around until all of my animals starved to death.

The story mode is reputedly bizarre in the best way, but it's locked behind the survival mode so I only saw a little of it before deciding that the game was an awesome premise locked behind a really unfriendly implementation.

there's always something you can do about it

Tokyo Jungle is one of the most amazing games ever made. This month wins for that alone.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Until Dawn is great and I can't wait to play it again eff the haterz

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I've probably said it before in this thread but Tales from the Borderlands is both my favorite Telltale game and my favorite Borderlands game. I really like it.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Tokyo Jungle should be required for all PS3 owners.

Also, I've been really enjoying Late Shift. I played it last night(the only time to play it), and it's the most high quality FMV game I've ever played.

ss_3e0dc82ba6ab37f3ff90e7cb5ae410e82691a94a.1920x1080.jpg?t=1492769988

A choice I made midway through the game DRASTICALLY affected my first ending.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    port tokyo jungle to ps4

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Tokyo Jungle seems like one of those games that people really love the idea of but when it comes to actually playing it I don't think it looks very interesting at all.

This is kinda my take on it too

Like it seems like people mainly talk it up because it's quirky more than anything else

But like, nah, I don't wanna play as a Pomeranian and interact with other animals and stuff

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular

This is kinda my take on it too

Like it seems like people mainly talk it up because it's quirky more than anything else

But like, nah, I don't wanna play as a Pomeranian and interact with other animals and stuff

There's a lot more to it than that... the story mode is great, too.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    InterpreterInterpreter Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    I have a friend who tells me pretty much monthly that I need to play Tokyo Jungle sometime.

Sure wish I could play it on PS4 or Vita.

Well, lucky for you it's one of the few PS3 games that will work with remote play on the Vita.

Edit: Unless you don't have a PS3 around in the first place.

Interpreter on
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Looks like July is going to be Work Through My Backlog Month

Which is fine

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    Looks like July is going to be Work Through My Backlog Month

Which is fine

Good month for it, because starting in August new releases are going to be brutal. :)

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I'm not as down on PS+ offerings as most people. I only buy games I really really want, so in many cases I don't own everything that PS+ gives me. I've used it to play through many indie games I would otherwise never spend money on.

This is the first month I don't have any interest in anything. Not a fan of GoT at all, don't like horror games at all either so Until Dawn is not a game I want to play at all. I already own Tokyo Jungle. Good month to catch up. :D

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Until Dawn is more of a choose-your-own adventure game set to horror movie cliches rather than an actual horror game. It's a fun time, but I just don't want you to think it's like Resident Evil, Silent Hill, or Dead Space.

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Tokyo Jungle should be required for all PS3 owners.

Also, I've been really enjoying Late Shift. I played it last night(the only time to play it), and it's the most high quality FMV game I've ever played.

A choice I made midway through the game DRASTICALLY affected my first ending.

I played it over shareplay with a mate swapping and changing decisions. We did not choose wisely.

::edit:: Also the line up for PS Plus is great. Until Dawn is probably my favourite PS4 exclusive, and now I get to own it digitally.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    'Until Dawn' is the game that David Cage always says he's going to make but is completely incapable of making. It is everything Fahrenheit and Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls wanted to but never ever could be.

ygPIJ.gif
  • Options
    'Until Dawn' is the game that David Cage always says he's going to make but is completely incapable of making. It is everything Fahrenheit and Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls wanted to but never ever could be.

Except it's a horror game

So no, not really

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Until Dawn is great and if you haven't tried it then give it a shot on the PS+. I loved every moment of it.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Even if you don't like that kind of game Until Dawn is worth it to see Peter Stormare as the biggest ham in the entire universe

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    heeey I got my PS4. Already have all the PSN+ games, Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, FFXV, GoW3. Gonna get Horizon Zero Dawn and Nioh sooner or later.
    Have P5 on PS3.

Anyway, what else should I own, and hit me up on PSN!

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I would prioritize Horizon, it's excellent.

DOOM, if you like god-tier fps games.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Wolfenstein still ten bucks, or was that last week? Cause, buy that. Especially if you plan on getting the new one.

Want another 100 hour game? Yakuza 0

• Options
    NeoSkyteNeoSkyte CanadaRegistered User new member
    Well I don't got Darkstalkers Resurrection so that's good. The rest I don't really care about or already own. Which is fine I need to work on my backlog anyway.

• Options
    The Crash trilogy is getting good reviews

So happy they didn't somehow fuck it up, mine's being delivered tomorrow, can't wait

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    heeey I got my PS4. Already have all the PSN+ games, Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, FFXV, GoW3. Gonna get Horizon Zero Dawn and Nioh sooner or later.
    Have P5 on PS3.

Off the top of my head:
    The Last Guardian
    NieR Automata
    Gravity Rush 2
    Yakuza 0
    Bound
    Dragon Quest Builders
    World of Final Fantasy (best FF of 2016)
    Ratchet & Clank 2016
    Helldivers
    Everybody 's Gone to the Rapture
    Night in the Woods
    Nex Machina

Tearaway Unfolded was a PS+ game, wasn't it? If not then that too.

It's also worth remembering that a number of Sony's older digital games (Flower, Journey, etc) are cross-buy, so if you don't have the PS4 versions, you can grab those too.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Have P5 on PS3.

Off the top of my head:
    The Last Guardian
    NieR Automata
    Gravity Rush 2
    Yakuza 0
    Bound
    Dragon Quest Builders
    World of Final Fantasy (best FF of 2016)
    Ratchet & Clank 2016
    Helldivers
    Everybody 's Gone to the Rapture
    Night in the Woods
    Nex Machina

Tearaway Unfolded was a PS+ game, wasn't it? If not then that too.

It's also worth remembering that a number of Sony's older digital games (Flower, Journey, etc) are cross-buy, so if you don't have the PS4 versions, you can grab those too.

oh, I got most (if not all) multi-plats on PC (like NieR, Doom, Wolfenstein). but the others are great recommendations.
    And yeah, Tearaway Unfolded was on PS+ , and i got Flower, Journey and at least Helldivers as crossbuy.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Ratchet & Clank is supa cheap right now, I think $8, so that's a definite buy-now.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842
  • Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    I know Tokyo Jungle isn't for everyone, but it is one of the only Rogue-like games I ever really had long-term fun with.

And it is, at its heart, a Rogue-like. If you despise those games, it probably won't change your mind. But I usually don't have time and motivation for Rogue-likes, and I loved the shit out of it. Understand that there's a story that's slowly unearthed in that game. Play the different animals, collect the flash drives, play the story missions. It's delightfully crazy and gets really interesting and sad at the end.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    I'm surprised to see Crash getting such good reviews though I didn't even really like those games at all when they originally released.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Have P5 on PS3.

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir. The work they put in to improving that game past the original is impressive.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular

Except it's a horror game

So no, not really

It's exactly the same genre of gameplay... in as so much as a Cage game can be considered a "genre". "Your choices affect the story/there is no game over/quick time events". Heck, typing that out, that also applies to Telltale games too. But they're essentially the same style of game. The genre of the plot is immaterial.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Cage games also tend to involve ghosts, demons, zombies and serial killers. So to say horror trappings makes a game completely different from his style...

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    Have P5 on PS3.

LittleBigPlanet3, maybe? Don't know if you'd have it on PS3 or not. To be honest, the base game is a little meh, but having access to all the community levels (which, ok, there's a lot of trash, but also a lot of real gems) is great.

steam_sig.png
    時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the difference between until dawn and a david cage game is that until dawn had people who could write on it

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Cage games also tend to involve ghosts, demons, zombies and serial killers. So to say horror trappings makes a game completely different from his style...

I dunno

It's different enough that I won't try it

I'd love for others to take a crack at the kind of games Cage make, I just wish the first one out the gate weren't a horror one

• Options
    Zerozaki IshikiZerozaki Ishiki Registered User regular
    Cage at least keeps you guessing with bizarre shit. Until Dawn was just boring.
    Like, what's the point of making a horror game with no good kills? It has lots of setups that go nowhere, and I got so bored I was actively trying to get people killed, and it sure didn't want to let me. Ended up feeling way more limiting than Cage's games.
    Basically I really wanted it to be an 80s slasher movie and it's more a modern jump scare movie which does nothing for me.

• Options
    Reynolds wrote: »

I dunno

It's different enough that I won't try it

I'd love for others to take a crack at the kind of games Cage make, I just wish the first one out the gate weren't a horror one

I can't handle horror games. At all.

I adored Until Dawn.

ygPIJ.gif
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    If there's one trigger warning to give about Until Dawn, it's that they lean heavy on jump scares. Some of them are brilliant, but it's still an altogether lazy crutch.

I forget who said it, but "It's not even scary! It's just startling!"

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    I liked watching others play through Until Dawn a lot - not sure how much I'll care to actually play it myself.