Options

[PSN] Thread

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Playing Until Dawn at the same time as you're watching Mr. Robot for the first time is a hell of a thing, let me tell you.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I liked watching others play through Until Dawn a lot - not sure how much I'll care to actually play it myself.

this is me, but i'll definitely register it to my PSN account just so it counts as a "sale", for the entertainment provided

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    I woke up for work today super tired because I stayed up way too late to play Crash Bandicoot.

I'm not even sorry.

Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    the difference between until dawn and a david cage game is that until dawn had people who could write on it

odd that they would choose to use all the stupidest, most tired horror movie cliches repeatedly then.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Hey at least it didn't turn out that the killer was a sentient, anthropomorphic AI that you had been unknowingly controlling the entire time

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Hey at least it didn't turn out that the killer was a sentient, anthropomorphic AI that you had been unknowingly controlling the entire time

You say this like it's not amazing

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Sounds like Chaos;Child (of the same family of VNs as Steins;Gate) is coming to PS4/Vita in September.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    What's up with those games and semicolons

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular

They're anime as fuck.

• Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    *looks around for FortNite thread* You are kidding me right? No one has done one about it? I'm going to get it this month on PS4. Anyone else?

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular

They are visual novels mostly.

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017

They are visual; novels mostly.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    *looks around for FortNite thread* You are kidding me right? No one has done one about it? I'm going to get it this month on PS4. Anyone else?
    <- Looks at new avatar...

Nope, I have no clue what you're talking about :wink:

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options

No one believed it existed till like

A month ago

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    My wife and I finally decided to try overcooked together last night and we could not put that game down. It is so crazy and fun to try to figure out how to work each level together.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    b1rdmanb1rdman Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    My wife and I finally decided to try overcooked together last night and we could not put that game down. It is so crazy and fun to try to figure out how to work each level together.

I tried to do this with my fiance who isn't exactly a gamer. She loved the game at first I guess, but it was infuriating and caused too many instances where I'd be screaming "I need fucking onions! Not more tomatoes!" And I'd get back "you were supposed to cut the fucking onions!" Or something along those lines would happen. We both enjoyed it, but I think she wasn't as concerned with my priorities of getting better and more stars as I was

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    So the crash trilogy is the fastest selling game of 2017 in the UK. Completely sold out in every store in my city and the surrounding areas. Not that I want it but my friends are going bananas trying to get it.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I'm still trying to decide if I want to buy the new crash can because I have never been a very big fan of that series.

My kids would probably love it though.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options

It's their naming gimmick. There's another one called Robotics;Notes but there's no sign of a localisation yet (nor is there any sign of a localisation of the first Chaos game, Chaos;Head, for that matter, which seems weird).
    Big Classy wrote: »
    So the crash trilogy is the fastest selling game of 2017 in the UK. Completely sold out in every store in my city and the surrounding areas. Not that I want it but my friends are going bananas trying to get it.

Same here in NZ, stores are taking pre-orders for the second shipment. I haven't got it yet but I probably will by the end of the year, I just need to clear my backlog a bit more to find the time to even play them.

It's funny how many people dismissed it and thought it'd sell poorly. They're remakes of three games that sold incredibly well, including as PS1 Classics, and they're bundled together for a great price. It was always going to do really well.

I really hope this success leads to a CTR remake, then maybe they can look into remaking Spyro.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    I grabbed God of War 3 for like $4 on this sale, and just beat it as a lightning storm rolled in, in real life, and thunder cracked and rain lashed my windows. Excellent work, world. High marks for pathetic fallacy.

I had forgotten how dumb-fun this series was.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I had the urge to play GoW 2 again today, and was bummed that the only way to get it on PS4 is with a psnow subscription.

Seems dumb.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I enjoyed Until Dawn, apart from some very obtuse butterfly effect BS.

Also, Late Shift has some twisted endings.

It's the science adventure series 'thing'. You'd have to ask 5pb, and I doubt they're telling.
    (Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate, Robotics;Notes, Chaos;Child, Occultic;Nine, etc.)

CC is supposed to be great.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular

The semicolon isn't used in Japanese as far as I know, and searching on セミコロン gives me a ton of pages on learning English, most of which can be summed up as "what the heck is a semicolon and why wasn't I taught it in English class" so apparently it's not part of the language curriculum.

My scientific conclusion is that it was used because it looked cool to someone. Also why the titles are in English in the first place.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I never understood why the semicolon is deemed so important as to be one of the 8 keys of the standard QWERTY "home position", given that next to nobody uses the damn thing.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    as someone who manages email lists on a call center database

godbless semi colons

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    I never understood why the semicolon is deemed so important as to be one of the 8 keys of the standard QWERTY "home position", given that next to nobody uses the damn thing.

programming

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited July 2017

The semicolon isn't used in Japanese as far as I know, and searching on セミコロン gives me a ton of pages on learning English, most of which can be summed up as "what the heck is a semicolon and why wasn't I taught it in English class" so apparently it's not part of the language curriculum.

My scientific conclusion is that it was used because it looked cool to someone. Also why the titles are in English in the first place.

That's how a lot of these Japanese games get named nowadays. They don't mean a fucking thing in english, but stringing english phrases together in Japan sounds cool so they do it. Like when a westerner gets an asian tattoo.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »

That's how a lot of these Japanese games get named nowadays. They don't mean a fucking thing in english, but stringing english phrases together in Japan sounds cool so they do it. Like when a westerner gets an asian tattoo.

I particularly enjoy Growlanser IV's 'Wayfarer of the Time'.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Xrd

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Big Classy wrote: »

To clarify, it's the second biggest launch of 2017 in the UK, behind Ghost Recon Wildlands. Biggest launch of an exclusive though, beating out Horizon. And for a little context of the sales numbers, here's a post from someone with access to the numbers:
    I'm looking at the actual sales number for Crash and I'm genuinely in disbelief, like is this an error.

Granted its £30 but even so for a June/July launch, that is a hell of a total.

It's already outsold MK8D and it should eclipse Zelda by next week. Insane....

Annual Crash sequels incoming?

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Wait, like, the Bandicoot games?

They're still a thing?

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    I didn't think they were ever a thing to begin with?

• Options
    Kalnaur wrote: »

They're still a thing?

What rock have you been living under? They announced the remake trilogy at E3 last year.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Kalnaur wrote: »

They're still a thing?

What rock have you been living under? They announced the remake trilogy at E3 last year.

I don't pay attention to E3 . . .

Mainly because I don't have the cash to buy brand new stuff. The highest I've been able to budget for games is 30 buck or less. So "new hotness" really doesn't come across my desk until a year or a few afterwards.

Edit: but I suppose I could pay attention to the thread title once in a while . . . :razz:

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    Crash is one of those characters that I didn't get in the 90s and still don't get, but I like the notion of PS1 games being remade for current systems and I am super happy that this one was such a success. I have a really hard time going back to games of that era and there are a bunch of things I'd like to see with a fresh coat of paint.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Crash is one of those characters that I didn't get in the 90s and still don't get, but I like the notion of PS1 games being remade for current systems and I am super happy that this one was such a success. I have a really hard time going back to games of that era and there are a bunch of things I'd like to see with a fresh coat of paint.

I want all the Air/Ace Combat games, but with a PS4 paintjob.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    So is it just the UK market going coco for Crash? Well, no accounting for taste I guess. :)

But asshole joke aside, that's neat. I never saw the appeal of Crash. In the whole mascot platformer boon that was going on at the time, he was certainly one of the better ones, I'll give him that. I'm just surprised there's actually genuinely this giant fanbase for the games. I don't get it, but hey, you like what you like.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    So is it just the UK market going coco for Crash? Well, no accounting for taste I guess. :)

But asshole joke aside, that's neat. I never saw the appeal of Crash. In the whole mascot platformer boon that was going on at the time, he was certainly one of the better ones, I'll give him that. I'm just surprised there's actually genuinely this giant fanbase for the games. I don't get it, but hey, you like what you like.

No, the UK's just the one country we get sales reports on almost straight away. It'll undoubtedly do really well in most PAL countries (like I said earlier, it certainly has here) and there's anecdotal reports of sellouts in the US too.

• Options
    GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    Out of curiosity, anyone received their 15$ code for buying up to 100$ in June from the or store? Today is supposed to be tge last day to get your email with code and I gave received nothing so far.

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Guibs wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, anyone received their 15$ code for buying up to 100$ in June from the or store? Today is supposed to be tge last day to get your email with code and I gave received nothing so far.
    Same. My guess is that they're waiting for the sale to end before sending them out.