Options

PODCAST thread: it's like Taco Bell on your wedding day.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    It's dumb and pointless, but I wonder what it was that Jeff had played that he couldn't talk about on the bombcast. Any noteworthy releases coming up besides Zelda, Mass Effect and Nier?

I think it's probably just Zelda

We're about two weeks out from the launch of the Switch, now's a good time for outlets to start getting them

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    It's dumb and pointless, but I wonder what it was that Jeff had played that he couldn't talk about on the bombcast. Any noteworthy releases coming up besides Zelda, Mass Effect and Nier?

Half Life 3

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    The Horizon embargo is up at the start of next week, could be that.

also nier is not a noteworthy release tbh

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    its pretty much gotta be Zelda, yeah.

Maaaybe ME

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Jeff got his hands on Frog Fractions 3

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

Maaaybe ME

I don't think they could pay Jeff Gerstmann enough to play with you

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »

Maaaybe ME

Jokes on them anyway, I'll do it for free.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

Maaaybe ME

1140334886_6e7007effa_z.jpg?zz%5Cx3d1

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular

Horizon or maaybe that new Prey which had an embargo drop today (or at least there seemed to be a sudden explosion of "Check out this new Prey footage!" etc)

Mass Effect is still a ways out unless they are feeling very confident in it.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options

Maaaybe ME

STOP IT JOEL

• Options

Maaaybe ME

STOP IT JOEL

Alright I'll just cancel that Persona 5 playthrough then...

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Chincy and Bagel
    sitting in a tree
    P-L-A-Y-I-N-G

• Options
    Thinking about it, I think it's very likely Horizon. IIRC the implication was that they'd be able to talk about it basically next week, which lines up well. Nintendo embargos are typically a few days before release, and I suspect Mass Effect embargos will be closer to release.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I'm willing to bet it's Zelda, and that they have Switches in already. Also the Switch is out in, what, 3 weeks?

Though it could possibly be Mass Effect?

Closer to 2 weeks, actually. 16 days from now.

Maybe people are better at keeping embargoes than I'd expect, but I'd think we'd know when outlets start getting Switches.

• Options
    I'm willing to bet it's Zelda, and that they have Switches in already. Also the Switch is out in, what, 3 weeks?

Maybe people are better at keeping embargoes than I'd expect, but I'd think we'd know when outlets start getting Switches.

With Nintendo you had better be good at keeping embargoes. If you aren't you probably won't get more opportunities to do so from them.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular

With Nintendo you had better be good at keeping embargoes. If you aren't you probably won't get more opportunities to do so from them.

Plus Reggie comes and breaks your legs

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular

Maaaybe ME

1140334886_6e7007effa_z.jpg?zz%5Cx3d1

"And here a chinchilla has been placed as bait for...I dunno, what eats chinchillas, snakes? Birds? Are chinchillas real or one of those fake lab animals?"

• Options
    The C in KFC actually stands for Chinchilla

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Horizon does sound plausible. I did not know that was coming out soon.

• Options
    i'll also hedge my bets by saying i think it's equally likely that it's something no one guesses

people always fixate on the biggest releases in their minds but a games reviewer says "yeah i'm playing something i can't talk about yet" the same whether it's the newest entry in a hit franchise that we all care about, or Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017

Plus Reggie comes and breaks your legs

My uncle works at nintendo and told me Reggie actually writes your name on the bat he uses and then leaves it with you when he's done as a reminder

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Based on nothing but the name I choose to believ Tom Clancys Recon Ghost Wildlands Firefall is a tactical mmorpg set in the world of the Cabela's games where absolutely every animal comes in swarms and wants to kill people

• Options
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Based on nothing but the name I choose to believ Tom Clancys Recon Ghost Wildlands Firefall is a tactical mmorpg set in the world of the Cabela's games where absolutely every animal comes in swarms and wants to kill people

I also choose to believe this based on I want someone to make this.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    so a MMORPG Cabela's

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Yes but with higher production value and more tacticool emphasis, I want Ding Chavez to brief me on my mission to go blow up some elephants

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    My beloved volunteered to be a poll clerk in the upcoming local elections, and she just got her introductory packet about all the training and requirements and whatnot. It's a hefty tome, with many rules and expectations.

As she was reading it, she exclaimed, with genuine enthusiasm, "This is like even-more-complicated jury duty!"

The truest patriot.

So Pooro's dating Leslie Knope. Good to know.

She can never meet my SO. She works human resources for the local county government and is essentially gender-flipped Ben Wyatt if he hung out with Donna.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    This interview with Tom Wilson on I Was There Too is fantastic, he's the best person

Sidenote, Matt Gourley and Mark McConville are going to be on Blindspot tonight, in maybe the most surreal cameo in modern TV history

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular

It's noteworthy to me Gnome!

But yeah, Jeff don't give a shit about that kinda game.

I really hope Jason latches onto it though. Replace God Eater minute with Nier minute.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    This interview with Tom Wilson on I Was There Too is fantastic, he's the best person

Sidenote, Matt Gourley and Mark McConville are going to be on Blindspot tonight, in maybe the most surreal cameo in modern TV history

Do they play sports commentators?

• Options
    turtleant wrote: »

It's noteworthy to me Gnome!

But yeah, Jeff don't give a shit about that kinda game.

I really hope Jason latches onto it though. Replace God Eater minute with Nier minute.

well, i would say jeff has expressed an appreciation for platinum games in the past, though he can't engage with them on deep levels. i think he'd likely look forward to the combat, but i also think that as the founder of videogames.com, he has to be focused on the larger releases surrounding Nier rather than Nier

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    JacobyJacoby OHHHHH IT’S A SNAKE Creature - SnakeRegistered User regular
    so a MMORPG Cabela's

Hey, CoolGames Inc! You know that new sound you've been looking for? Listen to this!

GameCenter: ROldford
    Switch: nin.codes/roldford
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    so a MMORPG Cabela's

Only if once you reach a certain rank animals don't give any more progression and you have to start hunting the most dangerous game.

• Options
    Jacoby wrote: »
    so a MMORPG Cabela's

Hey, CoolGames Inc! You know that new sound you've been looking for? Listen to this!

"It's Marvin! Your cousin, Marvin Inc!"

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

There was a slight hiccup during recording

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    http://mixlr.com/jeff-gerstmann/

Sounds like the building is not doing well!

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    God Drew's Evacuation style is ON POINT.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    C4vrZuWVMAAam1a.jpg

Bye giant bomb office

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    seeso's gonna be streaming an episode of the mbmbam show in about 15 minutes on their facebook page

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Wait. What happened? That periscope is long and the mbmbam thing starts soon I think.

• Options
    Drew shouldn't be allowed to look that good.

This discussion has been closed.