As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PODCAST thread: it's like Taco Bell on your wedding day.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I just can't help but compare it to Nathan For You, which is essentially a modern comedic masterwork, and it can only fall short in that context

Also I was not looking at the screen at the time and hearing the name of Spider Guy Mark Berman was very weird after coming off a full week of watching The People vs. OJ Simpson and the 7 and a half hour OJ documentary, so I had a split second to wonder why they were talking to The Most Racist Cop Basically Ever Mark Fuhrman

for a quick counterpoint

I absolutely cannot STAND Nathan For You and I loved this

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    This is not to say liking NFY is bad or wrong, but that I don't think they are really trying to do the same thing at all

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I mean,
    obviously they actually had permission to do the parade and the part with the mayor making a phone call was staged. But I also feel like the mayor's reaction to Justin trying (and failing) to pitch the tarantula parade idea was genuine.

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I just can't help but compare it to Nathan For You, which is essentially a modern comedic masterwork, and it can only fall short in that context

For me it felt like a more earnest, less dry humor version of Nathan For You, which I liked

I love NFY, but I also like the brothers' take on the idea

it's more warm-hearted, whereas NFY can occasionally veer into feeling like it's mocking people

on an unrelated note, my favorite part of the episode was Justin trying to tell the mayor about the attack ad idea and then breaking out into laughter

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    The escalation of the NFY episode with the antique shop from later hours to complicated apple juice jacket mechanism to weird three way bros was sublime

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Shabooty wrote: »
    hey guys

imagine a horse that is perfectly a horse in all asspects except it has a human butt

is this creature considered a centaur???

No, because a centaur is a specific thing.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I really liked the MBMBAM show! It was incredibly nice and fun

I was pleasantly surprised that my favorite line was from Travis.

"But don't all leave in the same direction - that would just continue the parade."

• Options

"But don't all leave in the same direction - that would just continue the parade."

there are a bunch of quick one off lines during the parade that are really great

"Some of you are not looking, how cool is your day?!?"

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Travis had the best bit
    Which was to add a "we've been hacked!" post to the Facebook page

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

For me it felt like a more earnest, less dry humor version of Nathan For You, which I liked

I love NFY, but I also like the brothers' take on the idea

it's more warm-hearted, whereas NFY can occasionally veer into feeling like it's mocking people

on an unrelated note, my favorite part of the episode was Justin trying to tell the mayor about the attack ad idea and then breaking out into laughter

Pretty much any time one of the brothers starts losing it, it's my favorite thing. There's something about an already funny bit just breaking the people delivering the bit that just pushes me over the edge

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    #SpiderCotton

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Travis had the best bit

He had one of my other favorite lines too. When the parade was dispersing and he tells them all "Just don't all leave in the same direction or else that's just a continuation of the parade".

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Travis had the best bit

He had one of my other favorite lines too. When the parade was dispersing and he tells them all "Just don't all leave in the same direction or else that's just a continuation of the parade".

• Options
    Oh yeah, Travis also had that good line after the parade, haven't seen it mentioned

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

austin is on the inaugural episode of the vice magazine podcast

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I figured with all the fan made databases it'd be easier to find, but I'm trying to find an episode of Idle Thumbs where they were discussing company execs who force you to experience their side projects/hobbies. It must have been during Sean Vanaman's tenure, because he was discussing how it was bullshit that a Disney Interactive exec basically locked them all in a room and forced them to listen to his band play. The sentiment was basically that not only is it shitty and rude to impose on your subordinates like that, but also that a high paid corporate executive shouldn't get to try and be a rock star, too.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    seasleepyseasleepy Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    https://youtu.be/Vz4AvgMWFpY?t=21m17s
    (Ah, the embed is fucking up the timestamp for whatever reason but it's at 21:17 in)

seasleepy on
    Steam | Nintendo: seasleepy | PSN: seasleepy1
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    The one issue I have with the MBMBaM show is they have completely blurred the line between improv and prepared bits

There's no way for me to tell if they're springing stuff on the mayor and he's genuinely reacting, or if this was set up and he's playing a role

Yeah, the only reason I know that everyone they talk to is in on the goofs is from hearing them talk about it in interviews and such

I figured the mayor was in on it purely because they go out of their way to show him laughing at the political ad bit that Justin does, but the others are less clear

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Olivaw wrote: »
    The one issue I have with the MBMBaM show is they have completely blurred the line between improv and prepared bits

There's no way for me to tell if they're springing stuff on the mayor and he's genuinely reacting, or if this was set up and he's playing a role

Yeah, the only reason I know that everyone they talk to is in on the goofs is from hearing them talk about it in interviews and such

I figured the mayor was in on it purely because they go out of their way to show him laughing at the political ad bit that Justin does, but the others are less clear

I thought the radio DJ did a good job of rolling with it.

(I know)

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Travis had the best bit

Look

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    Travis had the best bit

Look

You're the one who didn't look, though?

• Options
    Travis had the best bit

Look

bazinga

• Options
    Travis had the best bit

Look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuTCmNkMSfs

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    The best part of the episode was Justin saying his name was saying he's got this, calling Ellen's people, saying his name was Zack and then hanging up the phone.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    The best part of the episode was Justin saying his name was saying he's got this, calling Ellen's people, saying his name was Zack and then hanging up the phone.

dang mcelroys musclin in on my brand

• Options
    Ms Dapper wrote: »

dang mcelroys musclin in on my brand

Turnabout's fair play

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Travis had the best bit

Look

But don't look in the same direction or that's just a continuation of the parade

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I listened to the Oogieloves episode of The Flop House and I still don't believe that's a real thing.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i'm having nunavut

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I listened to the Oogieloves episode of The Flop House and I still don't believe that's a real thing.

tumblr_n101j3Hyiu1qmn72co1_500.png

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    the best part of mbmbam the tv show and the podcast is justin going into a laughing fit that causes him to hack up a lung

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Lauren Lapkus is posting Drew Scanlon memes and the universe can't handle these streams crossing

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    Drew being a meme fills me with a heart warming joy!!

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Lauren Lapkus is posting Drew Scanlon memes and the universe can't handle these streams crossing

The streams were crossed when Jeff was on an Andy Daly podcast

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    the best part of mbmbam the tv show and the podcast is justin going into a laughing fit that causes him to hack up a lung

The clearest sign that Justin vapes.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    The cops are pretty clearly in the parade before the mayor makes the call

Which you could take as proof that the whole thing is staged

But I prefer to believe that the mcelroys convinced the police to go rogue against the mayor and help with the parade

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    The cops are pretty clearly in the parade before the mayor makes the call

Which you could take as proof that the whole thing is staged

But I prefer to believe that the mcelroys convinced the police to go rogue against the mayor and help with the parade

I know a guy who got NYC police to close off Times Square for a bit because they thought his car was cool so small town cops going rogue seems more plausible than a North Carolina mayor actually taking decisive action to wrangle in a TV show on a weekday afternoon.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Huntington is in West Virginia, sir

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Huntington is in West Virginia, sir

Whatever, one of those half-states that has to identify with a compass direction. What's the difference.
    I apologize to West Virginia for dunking on you. You get enough shit.
    I also apologize to North Carolina for equating you with West Virginia, ugh!

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    west virginia formed from the counties of old-virginia that did not want to secede from the union so in that sense it is the true virginia

PNk1Ml4.png
This discussion has been closed.