As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo] Finished Zelda? Why don't you play...hang on, gimme a second...

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I'll say this, the overall responsiveness of the Switch is really good. The 3DS wasn't bad, but the delay between booting up and loading the menu, and that pause when you go to the home screen from in-game feel excruciating now by comparison. Along with the much better download speeds it really feels like they put the work in on making the UX feel snappy. Also the fact that there's maybe half a second of swap time when docking and undocking. My laptop at work takes more time to adjust than that.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    earlier today my right joycon refused to start working immediately even though it was clicked in

otherwise I have no complaints, switch is good

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I have this problem in Shovel Knight where I keep dying in stupid ways and I'm pretty sure it's not my fault because I'm a pro gamer. Advice?

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I have this problem in Shovel Knight where I keep dying in stupid ways and I'm pretty sure it's not my fault because I'm a pro gamer. Advice?

Buy a Pro controller. Ordinary controllers are incapable of channeling the extreme energy that pros give off.

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    If you've already got one you may want to try several

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    In actual reality, I think Shovel Knight is the first game that I've been super into while also being shit-awful at it.

Like, Dark Souls, I admire and appreciate, and was certainly bad at, but it didn't enthrall me as much as Shovel Knight does.

• Options
    I started playing dark souls and it wasn't fun so I stopped

• Options
    Yeah, I love the mythology behind Dark Souls, and the world design, and basically everything around the game but the actual playing of it.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I... think I like Shovel Knight better than Dark Souls

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Does shovel knight have a demo or something

I generally hate megaman games and I wasnt very good at like rogues legacy but shovel knight looks so polished and there is so much there now

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    In actual reality, I think Shovel Knight is the first game that I've been super into while also being shit-awful at it.

Like, Dark Souls, I admire and appreciate, and was certainly bad at, but it didn't enthrall me as much as Shovel Knight does.

Do you have the Shovel Knight amiibo? The custom knight gets a lot more stuff that you can use to help offset, let's say, skill gaps. I think it levels up based on money collected, which leads to getting health and magic boosts quicker as well.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    infinidaggeeeerrr

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »

I generally hate megaman games and I wasnt very good at like rogues legacy but shovel knight looks so polished and there is so much there now

Man, they really should have released the backer demo as a regular game demo after the game launched.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

Do you have the Shovel Knight amiibo? The custom knight gets a lot more stuff that you can use to help offset, let's say, skill gaps. I think it levels up based on money collected, which leads to getting health and magic boosts quicker as well.

I do, but I usually play on my 3DS at work, so I tend to forget to bring the amiibo along.

• Options

I do, but I usually play on my 3DS at work, so I tend to forget to bring the amiibo along.

If you don't switch games you could always just leave it suspended all day. If you turn off streetpass the battery should do fine

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    I... think I like Shovel Knight better than Dark Souls

I definitely do

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I decided to start speed running shovel knight and I'm not sure I'll ever be happy again

• Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    How can anyone look at the dock and think it adds any significant cost?

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    How can anyone look at the dock and think it adds any significant cost?

it's easy when you're clueless

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    probably because nintendo charges 90 fucking dollars for it

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    It's almost certainly overpriced but seems like usb c to hdmi adapters in general can be surprisingly expensive (prices are kind of all over the place, I have no idea what the difference between cheap and pricey ones are)

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    ReddayeReddaye Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

There's no demo unfortunately. What do you generally hate about Mega Man? Might make it easier to recommend or not recommend based on what you dislike about games like Mega Man.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I don't Think Shovel Knight is as hard as Mega Man Or Rogues Legacy, personally. It was definitely difficult but there are only a few spots I thought were cheaply designed.

But also, Rogues Legacy isn't a good comparison because it's a roguelike and you're supposed to suck at it at first while you level up skills and equipment

• Options
    ReddayeReddaye Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Keith wrote: »
    I don't Think Shovel Knight is as hard as Mega Man Or Rogues Legacy, personally. It was definitely difficult but there are only a few spots I thought were cheaply designed.

But also, Rogues Legacy isn't a good comparison because it's a roguelike and you're supposed to suck at it at first while you level up skills and equipment

Definitely agree. Rogue Legacy in particular is just designed to punish you.

Propeller Knight is the one area in Shovel Knight that I felt the game was pretty challenging. I do admittedly have a lot of experience with 2D platformers of this type, but generally Shovel Knight is very well designed for people of all skill levels and experience. Not having to worry about extra lives makes the game very forgiving and encourages improvement without really setting the player back very much.

EDIT: Seems Mario Run is launching for Android on March 23rd. Finally.

https://twitter.com/nintendo/status/842888380459376645

Reddaye on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Please put Rogue Legacy on the Switch

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I never Finished Rogue Legacy, but I got pretty far on PC. I load it up on PS4 when I'm bored but don't want to get into a game because even though I forget the controls after a few months, I don't get frustrated because you're supposed to die a lot

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR1eQa4oDFI
    CONFIRMED: the music in Splatoon 2 will still be shit-hot

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »

I actually really like that Tingle plush

61SZzh58PyL._AC_SX430_.jpg
    The most St Patrick's Day ready Amiibo.

• Options
    my girlfriend identified Tingle as a sexual predator within about two seconds of seeing him onscreen

he is awful and I honestly hope they never bring him back

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    earlier today my right joycon refused to start working immediately even though it was clicked in

otherwise I have no complaints, switch is good

That happened to me once

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular

This is one of those yes-I-knew-that-why-are-you-telling-me-this things, which I am saying only because I myself am slow on the uptake and sometimes need things like this pointed out to me: don't forget any of your Relics. The levels are designed to really show off whatever Relic you newly obtain in that level, and every successive tier of levels is designed with the assumption that you have internalized the use of the Relics available in the previous tier. You can clear the levels with just your shovel and its related techniques, but that's like saying that you can clear Mega Man without using any of the boss weapons. You've got at least a hand a half behind your back in that case.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Tingle probably killed a guy for a camera

I think that's the extent of his inner darkness

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I don't understand demanding a reckless version

...dont use the dock?

And yeah tingle is a really horribly coded "gays are wacky" character

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Tingle probably killed a guy for a camera

I think that's the extent of his inner darkness

Well he also basically enslaved that dude to push his pointless windmill.

Those are both WW Tingle though. In the rest of the games he's just kinda weird but well meaning.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I started playing Shovel Knight at my brothers and forgot to upload my PS4 save to the cloud so now I need to wait until I can get ahold of him to have him jump on and do that for me before I touch it again

• Options
    I don't understand demanding a reckless version

...dont use the dock?

And yeah tingle is a really horribly coded "gays are wacky" character

"I'm a fairy in a boy's body! "

Very subtle, Nintendo

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Don't you get it Keith

Non traditional sexualities are hysterical

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR1eQa4oDFI
    CONFIRMED: the music in Splatoon 2 will still be shit-hot

I never doubted. The music in splatoon was so incredibly good that even a small falloff from that would be the best game music all year.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

I feel taking the amiibos would be even more awkward than me playing my 3ds at work

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Splatoon is so

cool

This discussion has been closed.