As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Orbfest and Fest banner 2 live! Purple Monkey Dishwasher.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Hm. I think I'd be 7/18 on that, but only one of the real "prizes."

Healing Staff
    White Mage Robe
    Mace of Zeus
    Wizer Rod
    Hamelin
    Holy Rod
    Cloud Staff

Probably worth a draw because half price, but there's a fair amount in there I don't really want.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Jragghen wrote: Β»

Healing Staff
    White Mage Robe
    Mace of Zeus
    Wizer Rod
    Hamelin
    Holy Rod
    Cloud Staff

Probably worth a draw because half price, but there's a fair amount in there I don't really want.

I'm 1 of 18.

I have 7 copies of the one.

Needless to say, this banner TERRIFIES me.

Transporter on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I'm putting off everything until White Orb phase. If anyone still needs MP Thursday evening,I'll try to organize it then.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: Β»

Healing Staff
    White Mage Robe
    Mace of Zeus
    Wizer Rod
    Hamelin
    Holy Rod
    Cloud Staff

I'm 1 of 18.

I have 7 copies of the one.

Needless to say, this banner TERRIFIES me.

Based on your avatar, I'd wonder if it's the Cloud Staff, but I almost feel like it isn't. :P

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I don't want the Cloud Staff for the effect (though, being able to fake Shout with Draught and War Dance would be amusing), but I kinda want it for the animation.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Daffydd wrote: Β»
    I did the Apoc fight with Pceil / Minwu
    Pecil with BSB, spamming BSB / Command 2 is fine and is plenty AoE
    Fry wrote: Β»
    Ask for the team you want, and kick them when they show up with the wrong characters for the job. There's no excuse for bringing a single-target-only like Pecil (BSB command 2 doesn't count) to an AoE fight. Putting what you want in the room description text appears to go a long way. And if you don't want to carry? Don't carry.

I would actually be totally fine grouping with Pecil BSB for the fight, since the open does a shit ton of AOE damage (and the AOE command isn't that bad). And running one single target person is fine IF they're smart enough to aim it at the correct target.

Wow. Lotta love out there for Pecil. I didn't say he's a bad character, I think the obsolescence of his BSB is a bit overblown (I wish I had it), but - any way you cut it - he's not the right character for the Black Knights MO fight. His BSB command 2 is ok, but even 4* summons will be doing twice the damage if you can get a 30% faithga and a 30/30 faithga to show up. Which you can if you ask for it.

You could also Lifesiphon up a few bars then BSB into another BSB, or even use Aegis Strike.

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    So I was glancing at the mithril schedule since I am running tight. A while back I gave in and pulled on the first FF2 banner which was a horrible idea as it gave me a duplicate copy of Hand of the Emperor. Anyways, I should have enough for my 2 planned pulls on lucky banners with 1 left over if everything is accurate. Also, apparently I will have 103 freaking mithril on the following day! Have our expected bonuses really spiraled to such great heights?!

• Options
    mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    Spectrum wrote: Β»
    His BSB command 2 is ok, but even 4* summons will be doing twice the damage if you can get a 30% faithga and a 30/30 faithga to show up. Which you can if you ask for it.
    What's the stamp command for that? ;P

I believe its Fungahhh!

Does anyone want to do the two black knight battles tonight? Is Maria BSB better than Cecil BSB for them?

Possible, what time zone are you on, and at what time do you want to play?

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Gnizmo wrote: Β»
    So I was glancing at the mithril schedule since I am running tight. A while back I gave in and pulled on the first FF2 banner which was a horrible idea as it gave me a duplicate copy of Hand of the Emperor. Anyways, I should have enough for my 2 planned pulls on lucky banners with 1 left over if everything is accurate. Also, apparently I will have 103 freaking mithril on the following day! Have our expected bonuses really spiraled to such great heights?!

Pretty much! On the 25th, we're getting 50 from the Mythril Dungeon and 47 from the 3 browser game rewards (1+3+5+1+3+10+1+3+20).

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Hmm, with that much more mythril I'm tempted to take a shot at the VI banner.

I should really wait to see what's coming up next week but resolve is something I don't seem to have when it comes to pulls.

• Options
    Oh man, if you want to pull on the FF6 banners but you want to pull on the festival banners too, just wait another day or two. We might even see the fest stuff tonight.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    VI banner review

Banner 1
    Locke OSB: 6* holy...dagger? Damage is a little low for a physical OSB (10x instead of 12x), but it casts in 1.2 seconds instead of the more typical 2.5s or 3s of most SBs. No non-elemental option will occasionally be a problem.
    Locke BSB: It's an imperil (fire)! Has a Mug ATK/MAG command which can either be a great stacking buff/debuff or an awkward overwrite of better buff/debuffs depending on your team. Fortunately it's optional (the other command is your standard four hit attack in fire/holy).
    Setzer BSB: A fantastic debuff burst: -40% ATK/MAG on open, with commands for -20% ATK/DEF and -20% MAG/RES. In conjunction with Full Break and a Breakdown, this means you can put four layers of debuff on either ATK or MAG, which will be massively helpful for staying alive against the hardest content. Arguably the best debuff SB (competing with Fran BSB).
    Edgar BSB: En-bio. Solid damage, but not top tier. It's basically impossible to boost bio damage with equipment.
    Locke SSB2: En-fire. Good damage for an SSB, but Locke can't take advantage of en-fire other than via SBs.
    Setzer SSB2: Full breakdown is awful compared to a dualbreak or pentabreak.
    Relm SSB: This was my first good medica, and it carried me through a lot of content. Curaga + high regen is far from cutting edge, but it's probably still good enough for most content.
    Sabin SSB2: Medica on a lifesiphon character allows some interesting options for teambuilding. This one has a rare party Esuna effect that is becoming more valuable, as well as a nice 100% DEF buff.
    Relm SB: Usually you want your white mage SB to be a medica, and usually you want your hastega to have a "proper" buff like +ATK, +MAG, or +ATK/MAG, but there are ways to build a team around this (that Sabin medica, for instance).

Banner 2
    Celes OSB: It's an OSB! No non-elemental option will occasionally be a problem.
    Celes BSB: Holy sword. En-holy. I find this SB a little awkward to fit onto a team (conflicts with Vessel of Fate/Deployment Tactics; Celes can't Lifesiphon, and there are only so many Mako Mights and Dr. Mog's Teachings to go around), but there are ways to do it. Commands hit three fairly common weaknesses, which is nice.
    Kefka BSB: En-bio. Solid mage damage, but not top tier. One of the commands is a power breakdown dance, which is cute, but you'd probably rather be pumping out damage.
    Cyan BSB: Entry grants Cyan Retaliate, and party 50% crit rate. Has a drain strike (eh) and dark bargain (nice!) command. Overall, this is pretty solid. Note that Cyan has serious equipment issues (katanas only).
    Kefka SSB: Damage plus party quick magic 3 is cute, but probably not good enough any more. Could potentially fill a partial support role on a mage team with Dancer 4 plus either a Black or Darkness blast spell.
    Mog SSB: Niche. AOE -50% ATK/DEF is great against physical enemies, particularly for physical teams. Fantastic animation.
    Leo SSB: It's an imperil (holy)!
    Strago SSB: Party Protect + Shell + 100% RES. I'm generally not a fan of Protect+Shell SBs, and this is not an exception. The RES boost makes this look a bit like a wimpy Wall if you squint hard enough, so it's not entirely useless.
    Celes SB: The original Runic. Note that this only absorbs BLK, so you'll still get Slowed and Stopped all day. Even only absorbing BLK, it will still break certain fights, just not as many or as well as Indomitable Blade/Grand Cross. Not a bad consolation prize.

Overall thoughts, next VI event, other upcoming stuff
    Setzer BSB is amazing, most of the rest of this stuff is not very exciting. If you're pulling on either banner, it's for love of the characters. At least wait to see how your lucky draws go (Celes BSB should be on both the en-element and all-burst lucky draws), and maybe wait to see what's going to be on the anniversary banners.

Next VI event is about three months away, and it's the first event with Legend Materia relics. First banner features Relm USB, Celes BSB1, Celes BSB2 (Grand Cross plus burst commands, drool), and Mog BSB (party haste + MAG/MND), along with Legend Materia for Relm and Celes. Banner 2 has Sabin OSB, Leo BSB, Strago BSB, and Sabin BSB, with LMRs for Terra and Sabin.

Alternate opinions:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/6060fs/relic_discussion_a_love_for_all_time_when_the/

Fry on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Rius wrote: Β»
    Oh man, if you want to pull on the FF6 banners but you want to pull on the festival banners too, just wait another day or two. We might even see the fest stuff tonight.

I'm waiting until Sunday before I make any pull decisions. We'll have the most possible info, and most available banners, that day (until 6pm PDT, at least).

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: Β»

Since I ended up skipping the II-2 banner from 100 gemming into something, I'm soft planning a pull on 6 because the future pulls on a 6 banner I'm planning are a Mog/Celes/Relm banner, all of whom I already have strong things for... I just want the things that are so much stronger. It's just that the rest of 6 people are... lacking. And that includes Terra's OSB without her enFire to go with it. I'm definitely waiting to find out what the fest banners are or if I stumble into Locke's BSB on a lucky draw or something. I'm not holding my breath all the same.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: Β»
    VI banner review

Banner 1
    Locke OSB: 6* holy...dagger? Damage is a little low for a physical OSB (10x instead of 12x), but it casts in 1.2 seconds instead of the more typical 2.5s or 3s of most SBs. No non-elemental option will occasionally be a problem.
    Locke BSB: It's an imperil (fire)! Has a Mug ATK/MAG command which can either be a great stacking buff/debuff or an awkward overwrite of better buff/debuffs depending on your team. Fortunately it's optional (the other command is your standard four hit attack in fire/holy).
    Setzer BSB: A fantastic debuff burst: -40% ATK/MAG on open, with commands for -20% ATK/DEF and -20% MAG/RES. In conjunction with Full Break and a Breakdown, this means you can put four layers of debuff on either ATK or MAG, which will be massively helpful for staying alive against the hardest content. Arguably the best debuff SB (competing with Fran BSB).
    Edgar BSB: En-bio. Solid damage, but not top tier. It's basically impossible to boost bio damage with equipment.
    Locke SSB2: En-fire. Good damage for an SSB, but Locke can't take advantage of en-fire other than via SBs.
    Setzer SSB2: Full breakdown is awful compared to a dualbreak or pentabreak.
    Relm SSB: This was my first good medica, and it carried me through a lot of content. Curaga + high regen is far from cutting edge, but it's probably still good enough for most content.
    Sabin SSB2: Medica on a lifesiphon character allows some interesting options for teambuilding. This one has a rare party Esuna effect that is becoming more valuable, as well as a nice 100% DEF buff.
    Relm SB: Usually you want your white mage SB to be a medica, and usually you want your hastega to have a "proper" buff like +ATK, +MAG, or +ATK/MAG, but there are ways to build a team around this (that Sabin medica, for instance).

Banner 2
    Celes OSB: It's an OSB! No non-elemental option will occasionally be a problem.
    Celes BSB: Holy sword. En-holy. I find this SB a little awkward to fit onto a team (conflicts with Vessel of Fate/Deployment Tactics; Celes can't Lifesiphon, and there are only so many Mako Mights and Dr. Mog's Teachings to go around), but there are ways to do it. Commands hit three fairly common weaknesses, which is nice.
    Kefka BSB: En-bio. Solid mage damage, but not top tier. One of the commands is a power breakdown dance, which is cute, but you'd probably rather be pumping out damage.
    Cyan BSB: Entry grants Cyan Retaliate, and party 50% crit rate. Has a drain strike (eh) and dark bargain (nice!) command. Overall, this is pretty solid. Note that Cyan has serious equipment issues (katanas only).
    Kefka SSB: Damage plus party quick magic 3 is cute, but probably not good enough any more. Could potentially fill a partial support role on a mage team with Dancer 4 plus either a Black or Darkness blast spell.
    Mog SSB: Niche. AOE -50% ATK/DEF is great against physical enemies, particularly for physical teams. Fantastic animation.
    Leo SSB: It's an imperil (holy)!
    Strago SSB: Party Protect + Shell + 100% RES. I'm generally not a fan of Protect+Shell SBs, and this is not an exception. The RES boost makes this look a bit like a wimpy Wall if you squint hard enough, so it's not entirely useless.
    Celes SB: The original Runic. Note that this only absorbs BLK, so you'll still get Slowed and Stopped all day. Even only absorbing BLK, it will still break certain fights, just not as many or as well as Indomitable Blade/Grand Cross. Not a bad consolation prize.

Overall thoughts, next VI event, other upcoming stuff
    Setzer BSB is amazing, most of the rest of this stuff is not very exciting. If you're pulling on either banner, it's for love of the characters. At least wait to see how your lucky draws go (Celes BSB should be on both the en-element and all-burst lucky draws), and maybe wait to see what's going to be on the anniversary banners.

Next VI event is about three months away, and it's the first event with Legend Materia relics. First banner features Relm USB, Celes BSB1, Celes BSB2 (Grand Cross plus burst commands, drool), and Mog BSB (party haste + MAG/MND), along with Legend Materia for Relm and Celes. Banner 2 has Sabin OSB, Leo BSB, Strago BSB, and Sabin BSB, with LMRs for Terra and Sabin.

Alternate opinions:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/6060fs/relic_discussion_a_love_for_all_time_when_the/

Minor quibble, Stop is black magic. Otherwise thanks for another great analysis! I don't have the control for them to often add up to much, but they are very thorough and useful for planning out how to build a team.

• Options
    DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    FYI, the 20 mythril milestone was just reached on the character search portal game. Not that there was much doubt that would happen.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Locke's BSB sounds like it would fit so perfectly with Refia's BSB. And hey look, I have Balthier's Imperil fire... and his OSB...

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Legend Materia is a RM that you have to roll?

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    edited March 2017
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    Legend Materia is a RM that you have to roll?

All characters (eventually) get two legend materia from maxing out their dives, and then 'legend diving' or whatever they call it them some more.

They can also get legend materia from relics. The relics are replacing the SBs are the bottom of the banner is about three-ish months.

They act just like RMs though, and are indeed equipped alongside RMs. Just that they're usable by only the character who unlocked them.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    The JP changes to 6* abilities, summarized;
    Ultima

Number of hits: 2 -> 3
    Multiplier per hit: 5.25 -> 4.00
    Total multiplier: 10.50 -> 12.00
    SB point: 65 -> 70

Neo Bahamut

Number of hits: 3 -> 4
    Multiplier per hit: 6.00 -> 4.80
    Total multiplier: 18.00 -> 19.20

Dervish

Number of hits: 2 -> 8
    Multiplier per hit: 1.80/2.20 -> 0.48/0.60 (without/with Haste)
    Total multiplier: 3.60/4.40 -> 3.84/4.80 (without/with Haste)
    Target method: Single -> Single enemy (can't target allies)

Omega Drive

Target method: Single -> Single enemy (can't target allies)
    Old formula: (1+min((1/(1+exp(-ATK/1000*4.20))*2-1)*4.00;3.87))*0.27
    New formula: (1+min((1/(1+exp(-ATK/1000*3.95))*2-1)*4.30;4.26))*0.27

Omega Drive can be hard to read, so here's a TL;DR that reflects the change. The new ATK scaling cap is about 1358.47.

Still likely wouldn't make Ultima over Meltdown (and I never will, now that I R2'd the latter) but at least it has a purpose now. Neo Bahamut might be attractive over Valiagarmanda. Dervish's 4.80/8 is pretty saucy, and Omega Drive makes my R2 Lifebane sad, but I still might prefer Lifebane/SSS to simply Omega Drive.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    That change to Dervish is quite nice. I have a fair number of relics for people that can use it, so it might be worth making for me once that goes live.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Oh shit. FFVI drops tonight? I thought it would be Thursday as usual! I'm not mentally prepared to see the harsh reality of my pull yet!

• Options
    I'd encourage you to wait, Enlong, but I know you're hyped for Kinda Meh-gaflare

• Options
    I ain't gonna go crazy. My current myth stock is 135, so I am only gonna pull once tonight, so that I still have enough for all the luckies.

What happens after that depends on my pull tonight and what the anniversary banners are. I'll have over 100 myth again on Saturday, so my options will be open.

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I can't not pull tonight. But there's no way I do more than one pull until some of the fest aftermath is done.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: Β»
    I ain't gonna go crazy. My current myth stock is 135, so I am only gonna pull once tonight, so that I still have enough for all the luckies.

What happens after that depends on my pull tonight and what the anniversary banners are. I'll have over 100 myth again on Saturday, so my options will be open.

Why not wait until after the BSB only Lucky draw? Maybe you'll get it there.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    My excuse is that I wouldn't mind getting stuff like Locke's OSB or Enfire,m, or Sabin's Esunaga either. And the chances of getting a specific thing on a banner as broad as all BSBs is pretty dang slim.

The real answer is that it's an FFVI banner, and my fanboy bias has eroded my willpower.

Enlong on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    There's too much crap I don't care about on those banners even if there's the siren song of Celes OSB.

100 Gem: 3*, no surprises there

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    100 gem: Nada
    11 pull, 2/11: Relm SSB (dupe), Setzer BSB

We got there, boys.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Eh what the heck:

1/11: Setzer's SSB. Drat, so close.

• Options
    All right, so... you know how I said I had planned a soft pull?

100 gem.

:P

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    I whiffed on the 100 gem. It feels like forever since I got a hit, but it was Raijin's Pauldron which was ~10 draws ago.

Curaga lucky draw in... 7.5 hours!

• Options
    Alright. Pullin' time.

100-gems got a rainbow!
    Skc3O3C.png

...haha. Well played. Hopefully that gets that one out of the system.

Time for the 11-pull.

...holy shit!
    sxasRrx.png

Holy shit!
    sozJ5Kb.png

Holy shit!!
    T8dPEWi.png

Wow! That was one of the best pulls I've done in recent memory!

Too bad for Setzer; Red Card is a nice Cid Mission option, but it's not exactly an A-team bump. And the rest of this pull makes the banner less enticing, so I'm not sure if I'm gonna try again for his darts, as fun as the SB would be to have. Edgar, though, jumps up considerably! Bio Chainsaw is gonna be fun for fights where Bio is useful but I feel like doing a physical team. Or I could just pair him and Quistis in some sorta hybrid team for maximum poisonage.

Locke, though.

Dang, I don't even know what to do with all those SBs for him. Ace Striker/Lifesiphon for two bars, Imperil Fire, Enfire, spam Phoenix Buffet? Normal tactics with Mirage Phoenix, and carry Miracle of Kholingen for a battle-ender? Southern Cross followed by Miracle of Kholingen against enemies already weak to fire? I'm not even sure I can use all his tools in any single fight. Just woooow.

• Options
    Now there's a decent 11 pull, goddamn. Grats!

• Options
    Enlong wrote: Β»
    Alright. Pullin' time.

100-gems got a rainbow!
    Skc3O3C.png

...haha. Well played. Hopefully that gets that one out of the system.

Time for the 11-pull.

...holy shit!
    sxasRrx.png

Holy shit!
    sozJ5Kb.png

Holy shit!!
    T8dPEWi.png

Wow! That was one of the best pulls I've done in recent memory!

Too bad for Setzer; Red Card is a nice Cid Mission option, but it's not exactly an A-team bump. And the rest of this pull makes the banner less enticing, so I'm not sure if I'm gonna try again for his darts, as fun as the SB would be to have. Edgar, though, jumps up considerably! Bio Chainsaw is gonna be fun for fights where Bio is useful but I feel like doing a physical team. Or I could just pair him and Quistis in some sorta hybrid team for maximum poisonage.

Locke, though.

Dang, I don't even know what to do with all those SBs for him. Ace Striker/Lifesiphon for two bars, Imperil Fire, Enfire, spam Phoenix Buffet? Normal tactics with Mirage Phoenix, and carry Miracle of Kholingen for a battle-ender? Southern Cross followed by Miracle of Kholingen against enemies already weak to fire? I'm not even sure I can use all his tools in any single fight. Just woooow.

Locke is new husbando.

• Options
    And he still pairs beautifully with either Steiner or Terra, using their Enfire combos.

Steiner never can avoid having to work with thieves, can he?

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    What a great time to get another exp dungeon!

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    Oh, I didn't even think of that. I just grabbed 3 of of my FFVI guys and threw them into the ++ Orbfest stage, for EXP.

• Options
    Did two 11-pulls, which is what I budgeted.
    First pull: 1/11. Locke's BSB. Not a dupe, so okay with that.

Second pull...

xyjhnhq3jtxy.pngoghbm65up24z.png

No dupes here either! Couldn't be happier with the pulls. Now to wait for Setzer's RM3.

• Options
    Niiiice, man. Both of those BSBs are very good, your Locke is sitting very pretty with his imperil and his en-, and I'll bet you'll get some mileage out of that Esunaga, too.

This discussion has been closed.