As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Orbfest and Fest banner 2 live! Purple Monkey Dishwasher.

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    ahhhh, misread it as atk/mag

So yeah, I'd much rather atk/mag than atk/def though really due to Vaan, it doesn't matter for me.

Oh well... watch as I get Irvine's BSB chasing Squall's BSB2

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Takel wrote: »
    A steak! wrote: »
    Luq wrote: »
    Man what's the next big support BSB? I really had myself convinced I'd get Setzer's. It's the only BSB type I'm missing.

Fran's recurs in the next FFXII event, with Penelo's USB. After that there's Irvine's that comes along with Squall's amazing BSB2, although Irvine's is a step below Fran and Setzer.

I thought Irvine's is actually stronger than Setzer?

Same Atk/Mag dual break on entry. Commands are Attack/Res and Mag/Def, which are to this point unique and stack with everything

Neither of those are unique at all. Mag/Def is Vaan's BSB entry, and Atk/Res is on Rikku, Leila, and Setzer SSBs.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    blah then.... guess it's not as great and I forgot that Vaan's is a bloody Mag/Def even though I use it all the freaken time. I just thought of it as "Boss does less damage on its scary stuff, and I hit it way harder"

Setzer's commands are Atk/Def, Mag/Res

Takel on
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    100 gem - zilch
    2/11 - Sabin SSB, Refia BSB!
    2/11 - Sabin SSB (dupe), Laguna SSB (meh)

Shoulda stopped with the first 50-mythril pull, but I can't complain too much. I have now pulled seven guns and two throwing weapons for VIII, but not a single melee weapon aside from Fujin's dagger (which is a mage weapon anyways).

Even though Raines's BSB continues to elude me despite dropping 300 mythril on banners with it, I can't be too sad - my III team is now absurdly good:

Onion Knight - BSB, SSB (Onion Slice)
    Luneth - BSB, SSB
    Ingus - BSB, SB
    Refia - BSB
    Arc - SSB (Word of Kindness)

This anniversary fest is apparently determined to throw III relics at me - the Curaga+ banner gave me Arc's SSB, the Player's Choice banner threw two OK SSBs at me, the BSB banner gave me Ingus's BSB, and now Refia's BSB.

Bring on the III CMs!

• Options
    Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
    So I did my schedule pull on banner 3..

3/11 ! Krile's firelash SSB (dupe), Sabin's bracer SSB, and Golbez BSB!

No Cid claw, but I guess Golbez is a good dark BSB too. I don't know if i should do another pull, I don't really mind banners 4 or 5.

steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Takel wrote: »
    blah then.... guess it's not as great and I forgot that Vaan's is a bloody Mag/Def even though I use it all the freaken time. I just thought of it as "Boss does less damage on its scary stuff, and I hit it way harder"

Setzer's commands are Atk/Def, Mag/Res

I was thinking about it as well, and realistically Irvine could only cycle Full Break, Power Breakdown, and one BSB command (ATK/RES) unless he had fast cast somehow. So Vaan would pick up the slack with MAG/DEF, MAG and DEF. Not quite as much -MAG as Setzer though.

There's a bunch of viable setups, mind you.

• Options
    Yeap. Even Setzer would only be able to pick up the two commands plus Full Break if he's on Full Break duty so realistically he can't even bring a supplementary breakdown and expect 100% uptime on everything. Vaan just spoils me because he can cycle his two commands, then leisurely do two more actions before cycling back to his commands due to NIN cast times.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    I think the typical setup for Setzer with his BSB is to focus on breaking whichever stat is more dangerous on the boss, usually MAG. So Full Break, the BSB entry, appropriate Breakdown and appropriate Command. At least that's the way I would use him.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Since I have Vaan's burst, should I consider pulling for Quina's? I know Setzer's would be even better, but dangit, I have almost everything else on that banner, and throwing more Mythril at it would mean no pulls on Banner 4 for the anniversary.

edit: Echh, actually, I dunno what I think about the rest of that FFIX banner. Maybe I'll just save up for Lion.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    Since I have Vaan's burst, should I consider pulling for Quina's? I know Setzer's would be even better, but dangit, I have almost everything else on that banner, and throwing more Mythril at it would mean no pulls on Banner 4 for the anniversary.

If you have a good hastega and Wall, I honestly wouldn't - you can always RW it. Hell, I still have Cleansing Strike and Heroic Harmony on my RW list and they still put in some damned good work.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »
    I think the typical setup for Setzer with his BSB is to focus on breaking whichever stat is more dangerous on the boss, usually MAG. So Full Break, the BSB entry, appropriate Breakdown and appropriate Command. At least that's the way I would use him.

Alternatively, I imagine Full Break/Wrath, to get the BSB online as fast as possible is also popular.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    I guess that makes sense.

Honestly, with Shout and Wall in my list of native options, I was never gonna use both, Vaan, and something like Cheat Megaflare or Pumpkin Drop at the same time, even with RWs.

Enlong on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    100 gem: nada
    50 mythril: raines bsb, noel ssb, irvine ssb

and i'm done pulling until ultracloud

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Holy shit yes!

3/11

Raines BSB, Refia BSB, Laguna SSB

So the best mage burst in the game, a burst for one of my best monks, and a new SB for one of my best machinists.

Damn good pull, and I'm now officially done with the fest. Saving up for Rikku USB and maybe a pull on Cloud USB.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Woo, beat the Chamber of Steel.

That was trickier than expected; having to choose two fights to use Wall on is always tricky. Down to 2 peple by the end of Alexander, but that was enough.

• Options
    I guess that makes sense.

Honestly, with Shout and Wall in my list of native options, I was never gonna use both, Vaan, and something like Cheat Megaflare or Pumpkin Drop at the same time, even with RWs.

Yeah, even though I have two 5* and two 4* Supports on my physical team, I actually find it difficult to find slots for two breakdown SBs. My last slot is for DPS, so I tend to end up using my RW for a good 50% dual breakdown of some kind.

As it is, I may end up swapping out Ramza for Refia and letting OK take over Full Break duties, though this would stop him from ChainCharging and slow down his C1 spam, though the DPS from Refia w/Lifebane and Orlandeau w/OSB spam should make up for it.

...I can't believe I just said that I'm getting rid of ChainCharge to increase my DPS.

• Options
    For what it's worth, I have found a mage Onion Knight spamming his Command 2 to be comparable damage output to Command 1 + Full Charge, and that's with only VoF compared to Shout + VoF. Toss in another mage buff and OK BSB Command 2 spam is amazing damage output. Doing this also frees up a synergy melee weapon for somebody else to use, while making use of a mage synergy weapon.

That said, as long as you're killing things reliably do whatever you want. :)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    For what it's worth, I have found a mage Onion Knight spamming his Command 2 to be comparable damage output to Command 1 + Full Charge, and that's with only VoF compared to Shout + VoF. Toss in another mage buff and OK BSB Command 2 spam is amazing damage output. Doing this also frees up a synergy melee weapon for somebody else to use, while making use of a mage synergy weapon.

That mage option is what I plan to use once I get OK to respectable stats (which has begun to happen). Him in the support slot and either Braska or Serah providing a stacking MAG buff (or Krile, if I just decide "screw optimization. I want sheeps"). Combined with Raines, and a Wall RW, things should be pretty great. Heck, I might even want to get his Medica staff, to go along with it.

Speaking of strategies involving Raines. If I want to use Seraphic Ray to land Imperil Holy, to power up Metamorphose, should I use it before or after the first Metamorphose?

Enlong on
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Yeah, I thought about that, especially since I've got Eagletalon just lying around unused, but the issue I have with OK is it's hard to transition into his BSB if you're using anything besides ChainCharge or ninja spells. Due to the loss of the powerchain effect, I can't weave in Full Break or ProShell and still keep up enough meter to keep his BSB going.

What skills do you use on a mage OK?

Darklyre on
  • Options

That mage option is what I plan to use once I get OK to respectable stats (which has begun to happen). Him in the support slot and either Braska or Serah providing a stacking MAG buff (or Krile, if I just decide "screw optimization. I want sheeps"). Combined with Raines, and a Wall RW, things should be pretty great. Heck, I might even want to get his Medica staff, to go along with it.

Speaking of strategies involving Raines. If I want to use Seraphic Ray to land Imperil Holy, to power up Metamorphose, should I use it before or after the first Metamorphose?

I'd try Wrath with Thunder God Mode, to get to two bars quickly, and then chain Imperil into Metamorphosis. You'd be using holy boost equipment, not his claw, right? Otherwise it's a bit of a waste.

• Options

I'd try Wrath with Thunder God Mode, to get to two bars quickly, and then chain Imperil into Metamorphosis. You'd be using holy boost equipment, not his claw, right? Otherwise it's a bit of a waste.

Yeah. I have a combined Asura Rod+ and a High Summoner's Robe.

...oh dang it. Using the Metamorphose Claw and Sephiroth's Glove (my two +Dark pieces) actually yields a slightly higher MAG stat. Though, the imperil wouls make it even stronger. Experimentation is required.

Any particular reason you suggest using Thunder God with Wrath, and not Ace Striker?

• Options
    When I run OK as a mage (which is 99% of the time) I don't care what skills he has (for the most part). He's just going to be using burst mode commands. I tend to give him Protectga or Shellga if I need both and nobody else can carry it (and put it up before VoF, but generally I only do this if I have two hastegas), sometimes Esuna or Ultra Cure if there might be status effects, sometimes Slowga if that's a medal condition, usually a Chain-ga spell if burst mode falls off early. If nobody else is using my copy of Wrath I might give him that. He's super flexible when you know you're mostly just going to use burst commands, though. Heck he can even bring Dispel if you need that.

For the record, I have a fully augmented Blood Sword that he can use if I don't have a synergy weapon (and I'm not running a full mage team, otherwise Maria gets that).

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    100: Zeromus Shard!

Not Claw, but I skipped pulling in this banner to try on VI, which didn't work, but I totes got one of the things I was aiming for anyways.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    The reason to use Thunder God instead of Ace Striker is that it lets you build meter about as fast, but lets you use it much more quickly as long as you get those soul breaks out before Thunder God wears off.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Yeah. I have a combined Asura Rod+ and a High Summoner's Robe.

...oh dang it. Using the Metamorphose Claw and Sephiroth's Glove (my two +Dark pieces) actually yields a slightly higher MAG stat. Though, the imperil wouls make it even stronger. Experimentation is required.

Any particular reason you suggest using Thunder God with Wrath, and not Ace Striker?

Thunder God because you want to chain two SBs back to back. Once Imperil is up and you're chaining instant cast C1, you'll be fine without an RM.

You need R3 Wrath in this scenario, btw.

• Options
    When I run OK as a mage (which is 99% of the time) I don't care what skills he has (for the most part). He's just going to be using burst mode commands. I tend to give him Protectga or Shellga if I need both and nobody else can carry it (and put it up before VoF, but generally I only do this if I have two hastegas), sometimes Esuna or Ultra Cure if there might be status effects, sometimes Slowga if that's a medal condition, usually a Chain-ga spell if burst mode falls off early. If nobody else is using my copy of Wrath I might give him that. He's super flexible when you know you're mostly just going to use burst commands, though. Heck he can even bring Dispel if you need that.

For the record, I have a fully augmented Blood Sword that he can use if I don't have a synergy weapon (and I'm not running a full mage team, otherwise Maria gets that).

I just realized - Eagletalon has about the same ATK as a 5* gun without synergy. I could just shove Lifesiphon/Full Break on OK, LS a bar or two, then spend the rest of the fight using his C2 and dropping in Full Break without worrying about weaving and SB gain.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    So, um. New FFV event info is starting to show up in the JP game.

Bartz is getting ridiculous.
    1. Faris USB2: 9 randomly-targeted physical Wind attacks. Imperil Wind, ATK/MAG/MND Breakdown.
    2. Dorgann BSB: AOE Imperil Earth, Party ATK/MAG buff and self Burst mode: (4-hit ST Earth damage and Knight damage up for the next two attacks | 3-hit ST earth damage and self ATK/RES buff.)
    3. Bartz BSB3. Yes, a third one: 8 ST Earth/Non physical attacks. Enearth, Burst Mode: (4-hit ST Earth/Wind spellblade attack, improve Spellblade damage for next 2 attacks | 3 ST Earth/Wind spellblade attacks, self ATK/RES buff)
    4. Faris Legend Materia relic: damage bonus, up to a medium boost, against enemies in direct proportion to the number of stat break effects on them.
    5. Bartz Legend Matria relic: Extra-small chance to triplecast Spellblade attacks.

Do you think they're eventually going to give him a BSB for all four of those dang Crystals. plus his original one?

Oh, and banner 2 gives Exdeath a new toy or two:
    1. Exdeath USB: 6xAoE Dark/Non-ele magic dmg, self Black/White Runic, party MAG/MND +30%
    2. Exdeath Legend Materia relic: Begin battle with Endark

Enlong on
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Bartz nothing; gimmie that Faris relic.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Are those Dorgann and Bartz command 2s really buffs to both stats, or are they a Hailstorm +/- effect? Because one of these things is way better than the other.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    1/11: Gilgamesh OSB

Hmmmm... 3 dupes now... But still have >200 mythril. YOLO

2/11: Sabin SSB, RAINES BSB WOOOOOOOO

My son got two 1/11, first was Krile sheep song, second was RAINES BSB WOOOOOOOO

mercurialchemister on
  • Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Did a pull. 2/11. Bartz OSB and Dupe Sheepsong. Pretty disappointed overall. At least I got a stat stick out of it.

• Options
    Yeah, that Faris USB2 is super legit.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Is Vaans BSB coming back?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Here's a question: How do these Legend Materia that gives a chance to double or triple cast interact with regular material that give a chance at double cast? I've been looking at Y'shtola's Legend Spheres and her second LM from that dive gives her a 35% chance to double cast WHT, and I'm really curious how that (and this Bartz one) work if paired with a regular double cast RM. I had originally thought they would probably just get added together, but with Bartz's being a triple cast option that wouldn't work.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Brody wrote: »
    Is Vaans BSB coming back?

It's not in either of the known future FFXII events, no. Neither has almost any Vaan relics at all; just an Atk/Def breakdown SSB (in both events), and his USB in the far future one (0CT 10xST random physical dmg, enemy ATK/RES -40% , self ATK/RES +30% and EX-Mode "Sky Pirate" (Thief ability damage 30% up and instant cast)).

Oh, and I guess one legend materia relic, also in the far future one. Debuff duration slightly up.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Here's a question: How do these Legend Materia that gives a chance to double or triple cast interact with regular material that give a chance at double cast? I've been looking at Y'shtola's Legend Spheres and her second LM from that dive gives her a 35% chance to double cast WHT, and I'm really curious how that (and this Bartz one) work if paired with a regular double cast RM. I had originally thought they would probably just get added together, but with Bartz's being a triple cast option that wouldn't work.

It probably checks them separately, with a priority (guessing LM then RM).

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular

It probably checks them separately, with a priority (guessing LM then RM).

The double cast legend materia you have to dive for checks separately from the RM and you can roll both giving you a small chance to triple cast. Bartz can be stupid OP if you got the right gear, SBs to enable him, and if RNGesus is on your side.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Hm. Trying to figure out how to best use Golbez' BSB. Since he can't wrath or anything to generate meter, it's hard to get his tankyness active. I feel like he probably wants Lionheart just to generate meter for when he's in tank mode, but getting him there with some haste is the problem.

I dunno, I wonder if it's worth the effort and if I should just stick with my boring Cid Raines RW teams except replace whatever turd went in my 5th slot of Maria/Tyro/Y'shtola/Onion Knight/Turd with Quistis.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    This anniversary keeps on giving, went 2/11 with cid raines and bartz OSB.
    All I really need for my a-team is a good 5* support bsb, I've just been bringing tyro with sg in that role.

Maytag on
    3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    2 MC3s waiting to break Raines and Setzer's caps tomorrow

This discussion has been closed.