As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Someone really needs to start a new thread

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    regardless of your thoughts about scaling (I don't particularly mind, myself) they need a more elegant method than the one they have currently (where I can just unequip my rings and drop every mob's health by 50%)

I tried that but it doesn't seem to do anything?

• Options
    SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    they said: "Later today, we’ll be correcting a separate issue that’s causing unequipping an item to drastically alter the power of enemies you’re facing. The above changes make it so that’s never the right thing to do anyway, but this is still a strange/buggy interaction that needs to be fixed." earlier today. probably to stave off the forthcoming addon that would let you optimize your stats for 850ilvl or whatever, since they don't want you to game their new system...

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Huh, apparently Divine Storm (and similar abilities where the AoE moves) are currently bugged. I thought it was hitting like a wet noodle.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Does the Kor'Kron set for shamans show up in the sets tab when you get it?

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Does the Kor'Kron set for shamans show up in the sets tab when you get it?

Yes.

===
    I understand the teeth gnashing about mob tagging. My main is on a PvP server, so it's even more prevalent. But, honestly, it has rarely been an issue for me because I use World Quest Group Finder pretty much constantly. Yes, faction tagging still sucks donkey balls for "Kill X bears" quests, but when you can group so simply, it makes most of those types of quests [a large number]% easier.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    And I still haven't finished all the quests to unlock these new traits. I blame my kids for loving life so much that they refuse to sleep before a reasonable hour.

Mugsley on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    You have learned Honorable Medallion.
    You have unlearned Honorable Medallion.

EDIT: Oh thank goodness, looks like they fixed it in the hotfix.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    So, I'm guessing Nethershard drop rates were nerfed? Just spent about an hour and a half in prot farming portals, and got maybe 200 nethershards.

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    So, I'm guessing Nethershard drop rates were nerfed? Just spent about an hour and a half in prot farming portals, and got maybe 200 nethershards.

Yup.

People: "Thanks Blizz for finding the time to nerf Nethershard drop rates while Eli and Gul'dan are still unkillable thanks to invisible attacks".
    Celestalon:

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Wait.

They nerfed how much you get from the portals below the ship? I understood the just random mobs that were spawning quick but... That's stupid as hell! Of course maybe people are just running into the problem of only so many people being able to get shards per enemy, which really should have the restriction lifted entirely.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    TryCatcher wrote: »

Yup.

People: "Thanks Blizz for finding the time to nerf Nethershard drop rates while Eli and Gul'dan are still unkillable thanks to invisible attacks".
    Celestalon:

The argument of "why work on X when Y is still in need of attention" is years-old and has not stopped getting any less moronic in that time.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »
    Wait.

They nerfed how much you get from the portals below the ship? I understood the just random mobs that were spawning quick but... That's stupid as hell! Of course maybe people are just running into the problem of only so many people being able to get shards per enemy, which really should have the restriction lifted entirely.

The fact that Broken Shore is currently very boring aside from sentinaxx stuff doesn't help things. I've never seen a new area such a ghost town so close to the patch

• Options
    Wait.

Yeah, I was tanking portal waves and I'd get maybe 7 from a decent portal spawn? I tried upgrading one of the portals so that Doomguards were popping out, and often times they weren't dropping anything.
    Javen wrote: »
    The fact that Broken Shore is currently very boring aside from sentinaxx stuff doesn't help things. I've never seen a new area such a ghost town so close to the patch

It's like a really boring version of Timeless Isle with a lower drop rate on currency, no world bosses, and no fun pets, mounts, or achievements to get.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    But it doesn't have the stupid Brazier, so it's infinitely better than the Timeless Isle.

Unrelated, I do think it's a little dumb that you can't obliterate Combatant gear. Like, have it give like 5 Echoes of Battle instead of 10 from Gladiator.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Wait.

Yeah, I was tanking portal waves and I'd get maybe 7 from a decent portal spawn? I tried upgrading one of the portals so that Doomguards were popping out, and often times they weren't dropping anything.

It's like a really boring version of Timeless Isle with a lower drop rate on currency, no world bosses, and no fun pets, mounts, or achievements to get.

Err, i don't know about our pets and mounts but if you look under quest-legion and exploration-legion there is a bunch of achievements.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    Wait.

Err, i don't know about our pets and mounts but if you look under quest-legion and exploration-legion there is a bunch of achievements.

Yeah, it seems like a lot of the content is locked behind the construction of the three buildings which is fine, but also kind of makes the isle a bit of a wasteland.

Theres a Broken Isle emissary right?

• Options
    Kinda. You just turn in 100 of the war resources towards a building, you'll get a big fat AP item plus a bag. Essentially the same thing though.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Also has a chance to award a legendary, and you get 25 of the resources for every world Quest you do in the area, so you need to do four to get one.

• Options
    Yeah I got a legendary from it on my old main, hopped on to do the stuff with him cause I had the issue with the artifact knowledge work orders. You can also get the war resources from doing the rares, and the Sentinax stuff. As well as running around hitting all the chests on the island(I don't know why they even disappear after another player has used them, while it's nice they stick around... for all of 15 seconds, be better for it to be phased like mining/herb nodes.)

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    TryCatcher wrote: »

Yup.

Celestalon:

The argument of "why work on X when Y is still in need of attention" is years-old and has not stopped getting any less moronic in that time.

True, but the counter argument of "you get X or you get a raid tier" is just as moronic.

===
    Speaking of shit that's legit broken, Eyir no longer spawned, last night, for the quest turn-in / follow-on accept. So I'd love to Do More Quests (tm), but the game is actively preventing me from advancing my character.

Mugsley on
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    There are some cases where that argument is valid - namely, most new content needs art, which is like one team for everything. I'd imagine that's the biggest bottleneck for any new content.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    This is pretty anecdotal, but at least in our guild, the legendary drop rate from those caches you get from handing in legionfall supplies has been HUGE; several each day. So maybe if you haven't yet, make sure you throw in what you have

• Options
    I've seen a handful of legendaries in the last couple days, but I'm not sure what they are from. Did they increase the chance?

• Options
    edited March 2017
    I've seen a handful of legendaries in the last couple days, but I'm not sure what they are from. Did they increase the chance?

They did make the bad luck protection spec specific; so if you've got 4 legendaries for one spec, and switch your loot spec to another where you've got none, you should get your first two on the new spec at an accelerated rate. Shared legendaries like Sephuz and Prydaz count for all the specs though. Ostensibly it's to allow people the opportunity to change specs, without feeling locked in based on the legendaries that they already have.

Javen on
  • Options

They did make the bad luck protection spec specific; so if you've got 4 legendaries for one spec, and switch your loot spec to another where you've got none, you should get your first two on the new spec at an accelerated rate. Shared legendaries like Sephuz and Prydaz count for all the specs though. Ostensibly it's to allow people the opportunity to change specs, without feeling locked in based on the legendaries that they already have.

Yeah that's what I sort of figured.

It's the reason why I'm trying for some Havoc legendaries since I've only got one shared, and I've got probably 2 of the best Vengeance ones (ring+trinket).

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I resubbed with a token and man, this island is boring as hell. People were calling it the new "Timeless Isle." This is nothing like Timeless.

7.2 "See you in 11 weeks" patch.

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    PvP Hotfixes:
    Druid:
    Frenzied Regeneration now heals 25% of incoming player damage in the last 5 seconds, (was 50%) for all specs except Guardian.
    Monk:
    Ancient Mistweaver Arts no longer allows Soothing Mist to continue to heal while the player is stunned, silenced, disoriented, or otherwise interrupted.

ABOUT GODDAMN TIME. Maybe they can actually be killed now?

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    The invasions start next week, which is basically just where the Legion invades one of the BI zones and the world quests change to more demon-centric ones instead, with follow-ups once you do the emissary to make your way up to the Legion ship floating above the zone and fuck shit up there. It's fun, but pretty sure it's only one a day and will probably also get boring pretty quick.

I want to start class trials though, since they've definitely been talking up their difficulty.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    It's strange to me that they seem to have had so much trouble replicating the timeless isle experience; it worked well because 1) it was small and 2) stuff was spawning all the time. Both the post-MoP iterations have been too large for the same kind of runaround gameplay to really take place, and interesting things don't pop up often enough to sustain it anyway.

I guess they want the space to put story quests in? It doesn't seem like timeless isle v3 should be a hard thing to make but they seem to keep whiffing.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    It's equally more baffling when you consider that the timeless isle was kind of the 2nd iteration of the isle of thunder concept. So tanaan and the broken shore stuff are basically v3 and v4, which are so much worse than the stuff from mists. They kind of screwed up class balance and the general flow of the game in the last 2 expansions as well, so it isn't such a long shot that they continue to try jamming square pegs into round holes.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    It's strange to me that they seem to have had so much trouble replicating the WotLK experience;

Just because it's been a while since it was brought up.

• Options
    Contraversial opinion: i did not like Timeless Isle. The cliffs kept pissing me off, as did rares that lived for a maximum of 5 second so good luck unless you are already camping there instead of, you know, playing the game

I really enjoyed Thunder Isle. Rares lived long enough you could get there if you were even reasonably close. Great ambiance. Nice story progression.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ShinyRedKnightShinyRedKnight Registered User regular
    To be honest, I've played only an hour or so of Broken Shore, and I kind of like it, whereas I did not enjoy Timeless Isle.

Don't get me wrong, this is one of the ugliest areas in WoW color wise, like Shadowmoon in BC, but the twisting paths make it interesting to navigate and kind of memorable. The world quests are quests as they've always been, but the presence of more dangerous enemies and lots of players makes it more interesting. I have yet to do any of the ship stuff or encounter the summoned demon portals.

Admittedly I'm biased because I haven't played in the area that much, and have been leveling a new main, so their schedule is ideal for me. If I look past the time gating, this is actually one of the most interesting patches for me.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: ShinyRedKnight Xbox Live: ShinyRedKnight
  • Options
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    Contraversial opinion: i did not like Timeless Isle. The cliffs kept pissing me off, as did rares that lived for a maximum of 5 second so good luck unless you are already camping there instead of, you know, playing the game

I really enjoyed Thunder Isle. Rares lived long enough you could get there if you were even reasonably close. Great ambiance. Nice story progression.

I liked both for different reasons. Those are valid Timeless Isle complaints. I would say despite that I thought the rares and what they gave you (so many toys!) were much more interesting than Thunder Isle. I also liked that you seemed to get some kind of value for most things, even if it was just coins. You were encouraged to explore and find secrets and mostly just have fun. Collect some catch up gear for alts, etc.

I think Thunder Isle had some cool things too, like the treasure vault, which was maybe my favorite thing of Mists. It's like, hey, here is some free stuff, in a fun little scenario, and if you do it really well, you can get even better rewards. This is a thing Blizzard would never do now because it's too rewarding and not grindy enough. Thunder Isle also had some fun quests I think, and some neat fights and such. I think its problems were mainly mob density and variety (hope you like trolls!) and that eventually you do kind of run out of things to do there (whereas Timeless Isle still has some reasons to go back after you do most things, like the huge amount of rares, getting coins, etc)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    To be honest, I've played only an hour or so of Broken Shore, and I kind of like it, whereas I did not enjoy Timeless Isle.

Don't get me wrong, this is one of the ugliest areas in WoW color wise, like Shadowmoon in BC, but the twisting paths make it interesting to navigate and kind of memorable. The world quests are quests as they've always been, but the presence of more dangerous enemies and lots of players makes it more interesting. I have yet to do any of the ship stuff or encounter the summoned demon portals.

Admittedly I'm biased because I haven't played in the area that much, and have been leveling a new main, so their schedule is ideal for me. If I look past the time gating, this is actually one of the most interesting patches for me.

The problem is, that hour is all there is. Some world quests, maybe fight a named mob or two, some sentinaxx portals and that's all you get!

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular

The problem is, that hour is all there is. Some world quests, maybe fight a named mob or two, some sentinaxx portals and that's all you get!

Don't worry, we'll get an additional hour of content once a week for the next eleven weeks. Works for television shows, surely it'll be a great future model for MMOs too.

• Options
    ShinyRedKnightShinyRedKnight Registered User regular
    Oh I completely agree that that's the issue, and that it is directly the result of the time gating.

I wonder if the staggered release is part of the way for them to meet their patch release goals... without releasing everything.

A lot of headache would have been saved for everyone if they just divided it up into patches 7.2 through 7.4 or something instead of promising the sky in one patch.

Is the new dungeon out and available for random groups? I really disliked that Kara and two launch dungeons were mythic only for awhile.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: ShinyRedKnight Xbox Live: ShinyRedKnight
  • Options
    Remember when they promised to release a bunch of smaller patches, and that they would be doing lots of patches instead of just a couple super big patches? Fun times.

It's kind of annoying how long this patch took to come out only to have the majority of the content in it heavily time gated...

• Options
    I'm really enjoying the gated content now. The amount of garbage they threw at us to do in 7.1 and the launch of Legion was insane, and it's nice not feeling like I'm falling behind because I want to play Mass Effect on patch week.

Maybe they went a little too far with only a little content, but I wasn't done with my goals from 7.1.5 so I'm not too bothered.

• Options
    I still haven't finished brawler guild, dungeon meta, raptor pet mounts, engineering recipes from Gnomeregan and SOO, or new Alcaz island.
    Not to mention i only got a couple of alts to 110.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.