As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Trailers] Attractive singers trying to be actors

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Ah, only in theaters for that Olaf movie? Is it just a short, then? I really don't want to have to go to the theater with my kids yet but if they catch wind that there's a new Olaf movie they haven't seen then they'll have my head.

It's a short with the new Disney/Pixar animated movie Coco.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/gUDV0CUzG0k

Flatliners, which reads like a shitty final destination movie.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    They're remaking Flatliners?

hmmm...

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    More like bombliners! Because this movie is going to make the mummy look successful by comparison.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    Ah, only in theaters for that Olaf movie? Is it just a short, then? I really don't want to have to go to the theater with my kids yet but if they catch wind that there's a new Olaf movie they haven't seen then they'll have my head.

It's a short with the new Disney/Pixar animated movie Coco.

Ah okay. I'll have to hold off on that then. I really don't want to take my kids to a movie about a child visiting the afterlife... Really don't want to have to explain that just yet haha.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    It's a 21 minute short film too, with the word being it might be shown on ABC around Christmas time as a special.

It also makes me wonder how little faith there is in Coco that they're putting such a lengthy short in front of it from a dominant brand.

Also damn Flatliners looks dumb, Sony is just on a roll with terrible movies.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    It's a 21 minute short film too, with the word being it might be shown on ABC around Christmas time as a special.

It also makes me wonder how little faith there is in Coco that they're putting such a lengthy short in front of it from a dominant brand.

Also damn Flatliners looks dumb, Sony is just on a roll with terrible movies.

21 minutes! That is ridiculous for a pre-movie short. It also looks much worse than the previous Frozen short unless they're just bad at doing trailers.

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    They're remaking Flatliners?

hmmm...

I like Flatliners.

I have 0 interest in seeing a remake.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I think it's a sequel, not a remake.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    NinjeffNinjeff Registered User regular
    NSDFRand wrote: »
    SWAT looks okay. It really is better off as a TV show. My dad was a huge fan of the original show and it seems like a premise that just works better for a police procedural format.

Bah. Want a great show about SWAT teams watch Flashpoint. That show was freaking amazing and tense and still never really had to rely on "tv drama" tropes.

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »

Huh, so it is. Keifer is even in it. Still weird.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Tomanta wrote: »
    webguy20 wrote: »

Huh, so it is. Keifer is even in it. Still weird.

Okay now I'm on board then.

Bonus points if they get Bill Hader to play the roadie from Pop Star who is into flatlining.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/QQxjyRr9k2E

Interesting looking.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Interesting looking.

I feel gloomy from just having watched this trailer. I look forward to watching the full movie and wanting to give up on all of humanity.

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »

Interesting looking.

I feel gloomy from just having watched this trailer. I look forward to watching the full movie and wanting to give up on all of humanity.

Look don't you want to watch a movie about a person being ground up in our prison system and becoming a criminal?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Ninjeff wrote: »
    SWAT looks okay. It really is better off as a TV show. My dad was a huge fan of the original show and it seems like a premise that just works better for a police procedural format.

Bah. Want a great show about SWAT teams watch Flashpoint. That show was freaking amazing and tense and still never really had to rely on "tv drama" tropes.

Starring Amy Jo Johnson AKA the original Pink Power ranger and Veronica Mars' father.

• Options
    NinjeffNinjeff Registered User regular
    Ninjeff wrote: »

Starring Amy Jo Johnson AKA the original Pink Power ranger and Veronica Mars' father.

Sho nuff.

And its a great show.

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/fTvy8ab1NSo
    God I love this series.

• Options
    SchadenfreudeSchadenfreude Mean Mister Mustard Registered User regular
    They're great but you really need to get a hold of the TV series rather than the cut-down movie versions.

If you haven't seen it, Tristram Shandy: A Cock & Bull Story is worth a watch, it's basically the prequel to The Trip.

Contemplate this on the Tree of Woe
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    They're great but you really need to get a hold of the TV series rather than the cut-down movie versions.

If you haven't seen it, Tristram Shandy: A Cock & Bull Story is worth a watch, it's basically the prequel to The Trip.

Yeah I love that movie. I can watch them banter about pub ceiling coloured teeth all day long.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    https://youtu.be/ntxS1bBg5o0

So Groundhog Day but with a murderer. Looks a lot more fun than scary, which is fine with me.

Nice use of music in the trailer.

Smurph on
  • Options
    Eh that looks dumb.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

I have to see this... I'm no Will Farrel fan, but it looks funny as hell.

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    I had completely forgotten about the Daddy's Home movie

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    The Trip was great, loved it.

The Trip to Italy was average, the food stuff was great but trying to switch around Brydon and Coogan's characters from the previous series felt off and it never really developed into anything the story used by the end. So while I hope The Trip to Spain gets back to the first series, I'm a little worried about the continuing story. But the Philomena stuff was aces.

Daddy's Home 2 looks better than the first (which was alright), but Gibson and Lithgow there is pretty hella solid fam. As was the mirror joke.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Smurph wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/ntxS1bBg5o0

So Groundhog Day but with a murderer. Looks a lot more fun than scary, which is fine with me.

Nice use of music in the trailer.

I feel like the trailer for this movie not only included the plot and all the best jokes but also literally the entire movie including the montage in the middle where she gets a hold of things and the ending scene complete with fakeout jump to credits.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Preacher season 2 clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UK3l-bPjWE

Friends from College

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WfcmNMrKU

Now Colby's back to tv work it's disappointing she didn't join AoS supporting cast full time.

Will Not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVz5Jv7ZbPc

Period piece tv show about - William Shakespeare?

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Hmm, I think that Detroit trailer might be a fake; there's no creepy nudity. So, it seems unlikely that it's a Cage game?

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Man Kurt Russell is looking good in that Killjoys trailer.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
  • Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Regarding that Detroit video, I kinda rolled my eyes at the holographic flag. Yes I get it, it's the future. Not everything has to be holograms.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    Regarding that Detroit video, I kinda rolled my eyes at the holographic flag. Yes I get it, it's the future. Not everything has to be holograms.

No no, see, it's because they're androids, artificial representations of a real thing (humans), so their flags are also artificial representations of a real thing.

It's really very deep.

Also, Detroit is the first story ever told where the androids are the main characters. There has never been a story like that before, they've always been the bad guys in the past, but in Detroit we finally get to explore deep questions such as "do androids have a soul" and "can an android have emotions", something that no story featuring androids or AI has ever done before Detroit.

• Options
    reVerse wrote: »

No no, see, it's because they're androids, artificial representations of a real thing (humans), so their flags are also artificial representations of a real thing.

It's really very deep.

Also, Detroit is the first story ever told where the androids are the main characters. There has never been a story like that before, they've always been the bad guys in the past, but in Detroit we finally get to explore deep questions such as "do androids have a soul" and "can an android have emotions", something that no story featuring androids or AI has ever done before Detroit.

Have you seen Humans? That show revolves around similar subject matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU4mwlTUXnc

• Options
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »

It's really very deep.

Have you seen Humans? That show revolves around similar subject matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU4mwlTUXnc

I'm fairly certain he's being sarcastic.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

Be honest: if you could create a cool holographic flag for your resistance movement, wouldn't you have one, too?