As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Trailers] Attractive singers trying to be actors

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Okay whatever I'm in for Rampage.

I mean I'd watch the Rock grill burgers for two hours though.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular

I mean I'd watch the Rock grill burgers for two hours though.

I think that's in one of the episodes of Ballers

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular

I mean I'd watch the Rock grill hands for two hours though.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I hope it’s not just a rehash of one parent going to be a hero for shady person (I trust Bird is better than that but this is Disney) but I did chuckle at the story time scene.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    I hope it’s not just a rehash of one parent going to be a hero for shady person (I trust Bird is better than that but this is Disney) but I did chuckle at the story time scene.

It's at least not the exact same, looks like it's being done without secrets, which is nice growth.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Though wouldn't Bob have had 14 years' worth of practice to be a halfway decent parent already?

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Though wouldn't Bob have had 14 years' worth of practice to be a halfway decent parent already?

He spent most of that either working or being a superhero.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options

Eh. It looked like a very "traditional" household in the first movie. Stay-at-home mom takes care of the kids, dad goes to work, dad barely knows how to change a diaper etc. etc.

Steam profile
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »

Eh. It looked like a very "traditional" household in the first movie. Stay-at-home mom takes care of the kids, dad goes to work, dad barely knows how to change a diaper etc. etc.

Honestly I hate this as an accepted "traditional" anything because it means for male parents like myself people act like we are lying when we say we solo parent all the time without the house burning down.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Preacher wrote: »

Honestly I hate this as an accepted "traditional" anything because it means for male parents like myself people act like we are lying when we say we solo parent all the time without the house burning down.

It's very different from being a stay-at-home, though. I've had kids for 2.5 years now, and I'm very good at being with them for a few hours, but if I had to suddenly be with them all day every day by myself, I would probably have no idea wtf to do.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Yeah, I have to admit my wife has a much better handling on the daily kids activities than I do. The house doesn't explode or anything, but it's a challenge.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

It's very different from being a stay-at-home, though. I've had kids for 2.5 years now, and I'm very good at being with them for a few hours, but if I had to suddenly be with them all day every day by myself, I would probably have no idea wtf to do.

I get that, but the idea that because a dad works means he wouldn't know how to change diapers is kind of backwards 50's style thinking that's toxic as fuck.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Doesn't the movie take place in an alternate late-60's early 70's era?

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    Doesn't the movie take place in an alternate late-60's early 70's era?

I'd still much prefer they didn't go for the trope, even if it would be accurate (and again, it's accurate for many people even today).

Especially because this is a show for kids, it is (as Preacher said) a toxic way of thinking that they don't really need to be exposed to. I really liked the first, and it's Pixar, so I have confidence they'll pull off a good movie with little objectionable material.

Steam profile
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    I really don't think that's what the movie is going for.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    I really don't think that's what the movie is going for.

It's what the trailer was going for, but I agree, I don't think the whole movie is going to be "Bob is a bad dad, lol look at him flounder."

Steam profile
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    I think after baby Groot baby Jack isn't going to do as well as Disney thinks it will considering they gave him pre crisis superman powers and no moral compass.

I mean at least they wrote the script so that the indestructible power hero is caring for him.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

I get that, but the idea that because a dad works means he wouldn't know how to change diapers is kind of backwards 50's style thinking that's toxic as fuck.

The premise appears to be that Bob SHOULD know all this stuff and his ignorance is part of his character flaws from the first movie. Making an effort to be an effective parent will continue his character growth from the first movie.

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    By the way is Bob's hairline un-receding

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Cassidy Red

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT-6eXE5tWo

Lies We Tell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILNrrvyDQC4

Of course Fox has a series called Deep State in the works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2rzo7y9Hoc

Honor Up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ-sbH59uic

Stacey Dash trying to make a comeback.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Retro sci-fi trailers!

Star Wars Starcrash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzfuNSpP0RA

Terrible movie, great MST3K episode.

And source of Drake avatars.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Honor Up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ-sbH59uic

Stacey Dash trying to make a comeback.
    ...so is this supposed to be how good it is not to snitch or did I miss the actual story?

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    THE GUERNSEY LITERARY & POTATO PEEL PIE SOCIETY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTDNGv61-Dk

That's a hell of a title.

Swallows and Amazons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztIQkixuOmc

Uncle Drew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv1xscwDtIQ

Channel Zero: Butcher's Block

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tcSakHwqYQ

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    The ending of Karate Kid suggested that Johnny has learned his lesson. I guess this is the latest in Hollywood retcons.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    I'm taking a guess that in incrrdibles 2 the dad loses his powers.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Disrupter wrote: »

Nah, he still has to have his powerset just to handle Jack Jack's developing abilities.
    My guess is that whoever is trying to bring back supers from their retirement just decided that Elastigirl is a better face for the revival than the guy who caused a lot of collateral damage while heroing.

OldSlacker on
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »

Jak-jak is biting the hell out of him and he isn't phased so I doubt that.

It looks like the pr millionaire dude wants only elastigirl. You can see Bob's kinda surprised crestfallen look when the voiceover says it. Would explain why he stays home.

• Options
    Fullmetal Alchemist Live Action Trailer (Netflix)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asTxh9kuEvE

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    OakeyOakey UKRegistered User regular
    Johnny is just trying to run his business and teach kids a discipline but some violent asshole from his past has other ideas

• Options
    jimb213jimb213 Registered User regular

Cobra Kai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO7vUCG3-S8

A Karate Kid tv show spin-off?

Why do I get the feeling this is only a thing because of Barney's bachelor party from How I Met Your Mother?

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    at least Daniel got rid of the mom jeans!

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    a
    jimb213 wrote: »

Cobra Kai

Why do I get the feeling this is only a thing because of Barney's bachelor party from How I Met Your Mother?

I think its a combo of this and all those blog articles trying to explain that Daniel is the bad guy in the film while Johny continuously shows restraint and control blah blah blah Mr. Myiagi is a jerk etc etc.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    a
    jimb213 wrote: »

Cobra Kai

I think its a combo of this and all those blog articles trying to explain that Daniel is the bad guy in the film while Johny continuously shows restraint and control blah blah blah Mr. Myiagi is a jerk etc etc.

It strikes me as written by someone who read those type of articles but never actually saw the movie.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    Yeah uhh Johnny and friends literally attempt to kill Daniel, in no fucking universe is he a bad guy or the real bully jesus people.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Yeah uhh Johnny and friends literally attempt to kill Daniel, in no fucking universe is he a bad guy or the real bully jesus people.

Yea the scene where Johnny tries to flying side kick Daniel in the head at halloween is where they crossed the line, despite Daniel having started the whole thing.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    OakeyOakey UKRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    That doesn't alter the fact the trailer shows Johnny is just minding his own business teaching karate and Daniel turns up to tell him they're not done yet. Imagine someone you had an altercation with in high school turned up at your place of work and wanted to continue some beef from three decades earlier. You'd think they were unhinged.

Oakey on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Oakey wrote: »
    That doesn't alter the fact the trailer shows Johnny is just minding his own business teaching karate and Daniel turns up to tell him they're not done yet. Imagine someone you had an altercation with in high school turned up at your place of work and wanted to continue some beef from three decades earlier. You'd think they were unhinged.

Daniel-San has spent the last 25 years badly miming the guitar playing of Ry Cooder and Steve Vai, he is unhinged.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai