As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Trailers] Attractive singers trying to be actors

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    But when does she put on the black t-shirt with a skull on it?

Look, when you're the daughter of Jack Bristow she could have turned out worse.
    I think it depends.

What's in her wallet?

sig.gif
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Peppermint Trailer #1:

https://youtu.be/eeBMQpzoEXQ

Well that took a swerve I didn't expect and I like what I see. It's gonna be a better Punisher than that stupid Netflix show.

And there's gotta be a cool action pun about how she has a knife and she calls it spearmint which she uses to kill the #2 henchman or something.

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    The Netflix punisher show was god damned awesome.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    The Netflix punisher show was god damned awesome.
    https://youtu.be/ZdrXdFY0nMo

Not a trailer but it totally should be.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I recall before the guy did Taken, that director did a decent Jet Li action movie, but with Garner as the lead he'll probably be in full liam neeson climbing a fence action style.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/wYUFlgR4YwQ

For a harder oceans 8

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Ralph Breaks the Internet - Wreck-It Ralph 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BcYBFC6zfY

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Suspiria
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uGIEY7tdg8

Between this, Hereditary, and some more recent horror films I'm seriously loving what's happening with my favorite genre.

• Options
    Widows looks surprisingly good and I'd definitely see that over Ocean's 8. Amanda Waller's origin story and I like the idea of the wives being forced into a world they either thought they were protected from or knowingly ignored the consequences of. Granted Michelle Rodriguez is in it which is bleh but Elizabeth Debicki is in it so they balance out and hey even Robert Duvall's there, that's class.

Wreck-It Ralph 2: So it's just going to be Disney brand puffery? A better trailer than what they showed before but still not making me want to pay to see it, although I do appreciate the jab at the end regarding movie's name because a duh.

• Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    Ralph Breaks the Internet - Wreck-It Ralph 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BcYBFC6zfY

Meh, looks like a real flop after a bold start to me.

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    I immediately went "oh what the fuck" out loud when I saw that there was a Suspiria remake, but that trailer actually looks awesome and now I'm hyped for it.

BloodySloth on
  • Options
    TenzytileTenzytile Registered User regular
    I like that the Suspiria remake is going for a different look and tone. There was no way it could surpass what the original did stylistically, so a different angle is the right choice.

Still a little apprehensive because of the director, nothing I've seen from Guadagnino has really done it for me.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Yeah, it's totally doing it's own thing... I'm a bit disappointed they didn't use this though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pins1y0XAa0

Just a bit.

Might edit them together. I think it'll work!

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    In the Peppermint trailer that shot at 1:45 where she's camouflaged as a homeless person pushing a cart and then ambushes the dudes seems like it's pulled right out of Tom Clancy's Without Remorse.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Was the original suspiria a horror film? I’ve never even heard of it

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Was the original suspiria a horror film? I’ve never even heard of it

Its an Italian giallo film from 1977, Dario Argento directed the original. Great score, and wonderful cinematography and direction but yea it is a horror/suspense film, has a very dreamlike and strange feel to it. Not your average horror at all.

While I am not a huge fan of it, I do like the trailer for the remake I am less skeptical about it now.

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    this..... doesn't look awful????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAIX12F6958

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    It doesn't look awful, but god damn am I sick of voiceless bumblebee.

Also a movie franchise based on IDW MTMTE/Lost Light series would be a hell of a lot more interesting than the "human befriends [insert thing] and they save [insert thing]" plot they seem to be going for in that trailer

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Heatwave wrote: »

Also a movie franchise based on IDW MTMTE/Lost Light series would be a hell of a lot more interesting than the "human befriends [insert thing] and they save [insert thing]" plot they seem to be going for in that trailer

Don't worry, unless something drastic happens to make it a big hit this is the final movie from Bay's TF.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    I didn’t know they were remaking The Iron Giant!

But seriously, the best thing in that trailer was
    Original Recipe Starscream

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular

Don't worry, unless something drastic happens to make it a big hit this is the final movie from Bay's TF.

I thought Bay's TF movies were already cancelled and this was a soft reboot?

I've read speculation that it could be Ramjet

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    this..... doesn't look awful????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAIX12F6958

Wait, was that G1 Starscream transforming exactly like G1 Starscream should!? Hi Transformers, you have my attention again for the first time in a long time.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Bumblebee looks like it understands that Transformers are supposed to be fun and not dark and edgy.

Just....please tell me they aren't setting up a Bumblebee-human romance plot.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    see317 on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular

They have like 10 movies in various stages of pre-production.

• Options
    Why....why did the Lego movie 2 need to give Lucy/wildfire a waist?

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I dig that Bumblebee trailer. It looks fun and makes me remember the first Bay TF movie which I really liked.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    so it's going to be the legos are abandoned by the kid from the first movie because he grew up and his younger sister takes them for her own stuff.

edit: and it's not Lord & Miller directing (just writing/producing), it's the guy who did the Trolls movie and an Alvin and the Chipmunks sequel and Shrek 4 (and Sky High which seems to be the outlier in his body of work).

TexiKen on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Good lord Wreck-it Ralph 2 looks rough.

Like that's distressingly close to just the Emoji Movie.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    MolotovCockatooMolotovCockatoo Registered User regular

She's always had one. It's printed on, not actually the shape of her torso. All female minifig characters have that printed curve on the front and back of the torso piece. It's more evident in this trailer because she's 'dusty' and in the original movie it's black on black.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4f/30/be/4f30be264e0b95a1b80862f361b4f0cb.jpg

Killjoy wrote: »
    No jeez Orik why do you assume the worst about people?

Because he moderates an internet forum

http://lexiconmegatherium.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Pretty sure that print was there in the first movie too. It was harder to see perhaps because of the darker backgrounds, but it's there.
    http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Wyldstyle

see317 on
  • Options
    White Boy Rick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qns48PtK2io

To Sony's credit it looks better than Superfly but not worth paying to see. Maybe it's worth a look but man that kid can't act. Maybe I'm giving it more credit because that's a nice use of Donna Summers' I Feel Love.

• Options

Pretty sure that print was there in the first movie too. It was harder to see perhaps because of the darker backgrounds, but it's there.

I didn't notice that.

I guess I'm just confused as to why.

• Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    Transformers...fool me once, shame on you, fool me five times, shame on humanity?

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited June 2018

Both have twin tails, in OG at least. That's an F4-E Phantom, judging by the tail and side intakes. As far as I know there hasn't been an F4-E based Transformer so they're either taking liberties with an existing character or that's someone entirely new.

pyBNzWY.jpg
    Bumblebee looks like it understands that Transformers are supposed to be fun and not dark and edgy.

First episode of the G1 series has the Decepticons straight up murdering a bunch of oil rig workers to steal Energon. Heck the original movie slaughters half the G1 cast unceremoniously in the first 15 minutes. Ostensibly so they could make new toys but, the whole buddy-cop plucky teenager sidekick Transformers thing is just the modern take on it.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

Ok where do I get that remix of Intergalactic because now I need it.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    so it's going to be the legos are abandoned by the kid from the first movie because he grew up and his younger sister takes them for her own stuff.

edit: and it's not Lord & Miller directing (just writing/producing), it's the guy who did the Trolls movie and an Alvin and the Chipmunks sequel and Shrek 4 (and Sky High which seems to be the outlier in his body of work).

Rob Schrab was initially directing it and bailed last year.

I'm very interested in the premise/direction but I'm very worried about the general production issues and Mike Mitchell being their replacement choice.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular

Both have twin tails, in OG at least. That's an F4-E Phantom, judging by the tail and side intakes. As far as I know there hasn't been an F4-E based Transformer so they're either taking liberties with an existing character or that's someone entirely new.

pyBNzWY.jpg

First episode of the G1 series has the Decepticons straight up murdering a bunch of oil rig workers to steal Energon. Heck the original movie slaughters half the G1 cast unceremoniously in the first 15 minutes. Ostensibly so they could make new toys but, the whole buddy-cop plucky teenager sidekick Transformers thing is just the modern take on it.

One of the original Aerialbots was some variant of a F4, but that wouldn’t fit here for several reasons.

• Options

I didn't notice that.

I guess I'm just confused as to why.

I'm not sure if you're confused as to why Lego has printed female torsos, or if you're under the impression this is something that was introduced specifically for this character with the movie in 2014.
    Lego had been printing female torsos with waists for several years before the movie came out, at least in the city line and the castle line. I'd guess it probably started with the upgraded printing techniques used for the Star Wars minis (as you can see on waisted Padme from The Phantom Menace in Anakin's Podracer). Presumably, they wanted the minifigures to be a bit closer to the appearance of the movie characters which meant printing them to appear closer to human forms.

But this is getting a bit out of the realm of movie trailers. Maybe we could take this to the Lego thread?