As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Xbox Live] KoToR, Ninja Gaiden Black, Crimson Skies and more coming to Xbox Original BC

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I signed up for the Path of Exile beta yesterday and already got a key. I'm excited to try it.

http://www.pathofexile.com/xboxbeta

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    I signed up for the Path of Exile beta yesterday and already got a key. I'm excited to try it.

Nice, just signed up as well. Thanks for the link.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Oh hey, I already got in as well.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Yeah I did that yesterday and bam in the beta. Pretty fun!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Beat Mirror's Edge: Catalyst. I was shocked and a bit saddened that the basic "beating the game" achievement is considered rare. I found this one a considerable improvement to the first game in most respects, so the beatdown it took from reviews and the fact that most players clearly bailed on it early is just too bad. It's not perfect by any means and is that typical AAA gaming thing where they overspent on a niche game which ensures it won't get a sequel, but I liked a lot of the changes. Removing gunplay and making combat more about quick takedowns were much better ideas. Plus you're protected from gunfire during a perfect run which removes the luck aspect present in 1. And the main missions focused much more on exciting, action packed RUNS, leaving the puzzle climbs for optional fast travel unlocking missions for the most part.

My two biggest complaints: fuck off with this prequel comic stuff it keeps referring to. Mirror's Edge was never going to be a multimedia blockbuster franchise, they set it up to fail by wasting money on that stuff. And jumping from pipe to pipe is still finnicky. If you're rushing, Faith will sometimes slam into a pipe like it's a wall perpendicular to her direction of travel instead of grabbing on to it. This instantly kills you, usually.

Oh and they should have retained the song "Still Alive" (not the Portal one) as the series' theme. Nothing in the new music was interesting enough to replace it.

I've been watching your achievements in the Community tab, excited that someone else on my list was playing Catalyst again. Try to hunt down my Beat LEs and/or beat my times in the dashes. I still have two times that @dinoarus never managed to best :cool:

EDIT: Fair warning, though:
    Cdjfqo3.png

(yes, that one Top 4% is my worst time and everlasting shame)

Vagabond on
    vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I gave up on Catalyst when I couldn't find one of your or dinoarus's Beat LEs. I'm such a failure!

I never touched a Dash.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I'm playing the PoE beta, even though I play it a lot on PC. I'll just copy-paste my thoughts from the PoE thread.
    Xbox seems fine? There's definitely some weirdness with targeting, though. Contagion and Magma Orb are going way past the enemies I'm targeting. Also, the game needs a target lock button. Other than that so far it's PoE 3.0.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Next month's Game Pass editions got leaked early on YouTube, seven more games coming to the service in August:
    • Dead Rising 3
    • Dirt Rally
    • LIMBO
    • Metal Slug XX
    • Pharonic
    • So Many Me
    • Ultratron

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    The Game Pass seems so unappealing to me. Anything on those lists that I'd be interested in, I've already played. It's like a worse version of GwG, since you have to pay for the service (unless I'm mistaken). I can see why some people might be interested, but it's not doing a thing for me.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    The Game Pass seems so unappealing to me. Anything on those lists that I'd be interested in, I've already played. It's like a worse version of GwG, since you have to pay for the service (unless I'm mistaken). I can see why some people might be interested, but it's not doing a thing for me.

Not everyone can afford/chooses to buy copies of all of the games that they are interested in to be able to play them on a whim. The point of the Game Pass and is subscription is to offer people access to a large library games while paying a fraction of the cost to own a large library of games. But it's a good thing.

For myself, outside of having to fish for a disc somewhere there isn't any value in getting the Game Pass.

It's like complaining about Netflix because you have a basement full of old DVDs. O_o

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Game Pass is great for someone new to the system. Even more so if you didn't have a 360 before either.

• Options
    edited July 2017

Not everyone can afford/chooses to buy copies of all of the games that they are interested in to be able to play them on a whim. The point of the Game Pass and is subscription is to offer people access to a large library games while paying a fraction of the cost to own a large library of games. But it's a good thing.
    I don't buy games too often anymore. I used to buy them like crazy when I had a 360, but now I rarely buy a brand new game because kids are expensive. What I meant to come off as was to say that a large portion of the games don't seem appealing to me and most of the game that I do, I've already played. I didn't mean to sound like a pompous jerk, so I apologize if it came off that way.

I may be mistaken by this, but from the list I've seen, it seems like most of the games on the Game Pass list are 360 games.

EDIT ADD:
    Dirty wrote: »
    Game Pass is great for someone new to the system. Even more so if you didn't have a 360 before either.
    That makes total sense, then.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

I don't buy games too often anymore. I used to buy them like crazy when I had a 360, but now I rarely buy a brand new game because kids are expensive. What I meant to come off as was to say that a large portion of the games don't seem appealing to me and most of the game that I do, I've already played. I didn't mean to sound like a pompous jerk, so I apologize if it came off that way.

I may be mistaken by this, but form the list I've seen, it seems like most of the games on the Game Pass list are 360 games.

what's that? a basement full of old DVDs? :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Arteen wrote: »
    I gave up on Catalyst when I couldn't find one of your or dinoarus's Beat LEs. I'm such a failure!

I never touched a Dash.

I still remember sending this pic to him with a message saying that he was a bad person:
    he3G9XU.png

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I remember at a house party the group I was in booted up D3 on the Xbox for a lark, and we spent about an hour and a half levelling up 3 level 1 players off the back of a level 26 host on couch co-op. Despite it being a massive clusterfuck it was actually a shit-load of fun - the changes Blizzard made to the game that made that sort of play possible just made Diablo 3 click in a way that it didn't really do before on PC.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »
    Beat Mirror's Edge: Catalyst. I was shocked and a bit saddened that the basic "beating the game" achievement is considered rare. I found this one a considerable improvement to the first game in most respects, so the beatdown it took from reviews and the fact that most players clearly bailed on it early is just too bad. It's not perfect by any means and is that typical AAA gaming thing where they overspent on a niche game which ensures it won't get a sequel, but I liked a lot of the changes. Removing gunplay and making combat more about quick takedowns were much better ideas. Plus you're protected from gunfire during a perfect run which removes the luck aspect present in 1. And the main missions focused much more on exciting, action packed RUNS, leaving the puzzle climbs for optional fast travel unlocking missions for the most part.

My two biggest complaints: fuck off with this prequel comic stuff it keeps referring to. Mirror's Edge was never going to be a multimedia blockbuster franchise, they set it up to fail by wasting money on that stuff. And jumping from pipe to pipe is still finnicky. If you're rushing, Faith will sometimes slam into a pipe like it's a wall perpendicular to her direction of travel instead of grabbing on to it. This instantly kills you, usually.

Oh and they should have retained the song "Still Alive" (not the Portal one) as the series' theme. Nothing in the new music was interesting enough to replace it.

I've been watching your achievements in the Community tab, excited that someone else on my list was playing Catalyst again. Try to hunt down my Beat LEs and/or beat my times in the dashes. I still have two times that @dinoarus never managed to best :cool:

Cdjfqo3.png

As far as 100%ing it, what a bizarre decision it was by the devs to give you a post game item to find one of the collectibles... but nothing for the other two. How the heck am I supposed to find whatever electronic parts and control chips I missed throughout the game?

• Options
    Vagabond wrote: »

Cdjfqo3.png

As far as 100%ing it, what a bizarre decision it was by the devs to give you a post game item to find one of the collectibles... but nothing for the other two. How the heck am I supposed to find whatever electronic parts and control chips I missed throughout the game?

By exploring every nook and cranny (or looking online for a video). There were a couple so tricky and so commonly missed that I put together a couple videos myself of where they were.

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I remember at a house party the group I was in booted up D3 on the Xbox for a lark, and we spent about an hour and a half levelling up 3 level 1 players off the back of a level 26 host on couch co-op. Despite it being a massive clusterfuck it was actually a shit-load of fun - the changes Blizzard made to the game that made that sort of play possible just made Diablo 3 click in a way that it didn't really do before on PC.
    That's what I was hoping to hear. I may make that one of my goals for this weekend: family 4-player game of D3.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    It's supposed to rain all day tomorrow. Free Diablo 3 weekend you say? I loved the first two.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    It's suppose to be sunny this weekend, so no going outside into the fucking oven. I wish we got rain again. :(

I definitely intend to try out D3 on consoles, I've been curious about the changes even if I've made way too much progress to ever consider switching over.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    I'm pretty sure Cortana's dead on my console.

Not the Kinect, which by all accounts works flawlessly. But Cortana basically gets stuck in "Listening" mode, or refuses to work at all, whether or not you use Kinect or an separate mic. The circle never closes, but instead remains empty (I can see why they went with the icon--when something goes wrong, at least you know it's fucked).

The "extreme" solution is to delete and re-import your own profile onto the console (have fun syncing all your saves again). That fixed the issue for less than a week.

FIgures, Kinect works fine, but the software behind it is busted.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    You try toggling back to old voice commands?

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »

Man, you gotta spoiler-tag that kinda stuff

jk jk

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

Man, you gotta spoiler-tag that kinda stuff

jk jk

She'll be back on his console eventually, but now as malware.

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Found Destiny with dlc up through Taken King for $15. Am currently level 9. Do we have an xb1 clan or are there any new players/people on newer characters here?

Mulletude on
    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    Mulletude wrote: »
    Found Destiny with dlc up through Taken King for $15. Am currently level 9. Do we have an xb1 clan or are there any new players/people on newer characters here?
    We do, and there's a new guy in SE++ but I'm not sure what platform they're on.
    Also could I get you to click this link? There's this refer-a-friend thing with Destiny where a new player can say you referred them to the game, and it'll unlock a quest the two of you can do to each get a sparrow, a shader, an emblem, two emotes, and a sword. That link will take you to the bungie.net page to log yourself as having been referred by me.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    That's what I was hoping to hear. I may make that one of my goals for this weekend: family 4-player game of D3.

We spent most of it yelling at hordes of uber enemies with weird attack patterns or random spellcasting and desperately kiting stupid overpowered trash mobs for like 5 minutes at a time
    On paper it shouldn't have been fun but it was

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular

Not the Kinect, which by all accounts works flawlessly. But Cortana basically gets stuck in "Listening" mode, or refuses to work at all, whether or not you use Kinect or an separate mic. The circle never closes, but instead remains empty (I can see why they went with the icon--when something goes wrong, at least you know it's fucked).

The "extreme" solution is to delete and re-import your own profile onto the console (have fun syncing all your saves again). That fixed the issue for less than a week.

Happened to me; hard reboot/reset fixed it. (Unplug everything for like a minute, then plug it back in.)

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »

Happened to me; hard reboot/reset fixed it. (Unplug everything for like a minute, then plug it back in.)

Mine's currently doing this too. Hard boots don't fix it. Seems like it's having issues with whatever offboard processing it does. It picks up "Hey Cortana" instantly but then just ignores everything else.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Glad I never switched to using Cortana. I was planning to, but it sounds like that hesitation may have worked in my favor.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options

We spent most of it yelling at hordes of uber enemies with weird attack patterns or random spellcasting and desperately kiting stupid overpowered trash mobs for like 5 minutes at a time
    On paper it shouldn't have been fun but it was
    I got two of the three kids into D3 this weekend and now I've created monsters. All they want to do is play Diablo and won't stop talking about it. Fortunately, there are chores which need to be done, so they get to earn their Diablo time by helping around the house. The youngest just wants to blow shit up. The oldest is totally getting into stat building. At one point, one of them said ,"This is soooooo easy." I was tempted to bump the difficulty up a notch, but decided it would probably upset them to the point of not wanting to play.

• Options
    Has anyone heard much about Observer? I'm looking for some games to keep me occupied during my next surgery on Sept. 5th, as I'll be stuck on a couch for at least 2 weeks. It's done by the same group that did Layers of Fear and it sounds like it's building off of that game while combining it with the detective feature of Murdered: Soul Suspect. I only dabbled a bit with Layers of Fear, but loved the hell out of Soul Suspect. If the two were combined, it could be pretty sick. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything good/bad about this title.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

Be warned, I have 3800 hours played in Steam and at least 700 more from before it was released on Steam.

• Options
    Glad I never switched to using Cortana. I was planning to, but it sounds like that hesitation may have worked in my favor.

Personally, I use it on my phone (even though the Android version is more limited than WP8 or WP10, that's mostly Google's fault), and on my PC constantly--despite my PC not having a mic (I just type instructions in how I'd say them and it can normally answer them well).

No idea what's wrong with it on console. Enough hard restarts seemed to fix my issue...for now.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I hated Cortana. I also hate that she's on my laptop.

• Options
    I hated Cortana. I also hate that she's on my laptop.

That would be a better title for the Halo thread.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Cortana sucks on the console since it takes far too long to recognize commands. I tried it to see how well it handled "xbox pause" and "xbox record that" and it took waaaay too long to do either. So I switched back to the original voice commands and haven't looked back.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    There is a clan and a Xbox Live
    Has anyone heard much about Observer? I'm looking for some games to keep me occupied during my next surgery on Sept. 5th, as I'll be stuck on a couch for at least 2 weeks. It's done by the same group that did Layers of Fear and it sounds like it's building off of that game while combining it with the detective feature of Murdered: Soul Suspect. I only dabbled a bit with Layers of Fear, but loved the hell out of Soul Suspect. If the two were combined, it could be pretty sick. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything good/bad about this title.

That's the Blade Runnerish game with Rutger Hauer right? Looks rad. Is it coming to console?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    cB557 wrote: »
    Also could I get you to click this link? There's this refer-a-friend thing with Destiny where a new player can say you referred them to the game, and it'll unlock a quest the two of you can do to each get a sparrow, a shader, an emblem, two emotes, and a sword. That link will take you to the bungie.net page to log yourself as having been referred by me.
    @Mulletude So is that a no or a you'll think about it once you're farther into the game or somesuch? Because if it's not a hard no I should mention that you've only got like a week from when you start the game before you can't register as having been referred anymore.
    Sorry to @ you to basically ask you to help me get a thing in a video game, but like I said, only a limited window for this and windows for it don't come up often.

cB557 on
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    @Mulletude So is that a no or a you'll think about it once you're farther into the game or somesuch? Because if it's not a hard no I should mention that you've only got like a week from when you start the game before you can't register as having been referred anymore.

I can do the clickie on that. Honestly just forgot.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
This discussion has been closed.