Have you seen the Underwatch photoshoot

There is a condensed 3-minute video and I laughed nearly the whole time

N-no... I shall not not look for it.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    porp wrote: »
    tyrannus wrote: »

That is who got recommended to me-twice!!!

Two separate, not including you, have mentioned them. That's who I'm leaning towards.

i might just go here for a touch up on mine

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Mortious wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    "The amount of honey you use to make your mead will have a small effect on the alcohol level. "

"The yeast you use is the single most important factor when it comes to alcohol content. "

I'm... I'm sure they just don't realize how dumb those sound and are trying to say something more subtle.

I'm assuming they mean alcohol content per volume

No, I mean, definitely that's what they're talking about. And if you are fermenting to dryness, then the yeast strain absolutely sets the ceiling.

It's just that alcohol is literally the product of yeast eating contents of the honey, and amount of honey to begin with vs amount of alcohol in the end is basically linear until it flatlines at the ceiling, so it's super weird to say that the honey amount has a small effect.

There's a time limit to how long you leave this setup running though right?

So only a certain amount of honey will be converted, where as the yeast will affect the speed of the process?

Granted I have no idea what I'm talking about, I don't even drink. I only know that mead is made from honey because it was a joke in the 13th Warrior.

You generally set it up until well after the yeast has eaten everything :P

With a couple of exceptions, I guess, like champagne, though yeast still eventually eats everything.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    Ok "TL DR" actual, non dumb question:

I have a jar holding the pre-kombucha now, but the level is really high - it's only probably a half centimeter below the actual paper towels I've got rubber banded on the top.

Is either the SCOBY itself or bubbles and whatnot going to eventually hit that? Should I pour some out?

Nah, you should be good Shivahn

Cool, thanks. In wine I'd be fuckkked

Yeah, booch doesn't have nearly the activity that proper alcohol does when fermenting.

It just gets a progressively more gross skin on top until it's ready to drink. I don't know that I've ever seen bubbles without having bottled it.

Hmm. You have to bottle it to get a bit of fizz, yeah?

I want to learn this magic. Without exploding things.

But yeah I am trying to create the skin so I can do more, so excited for that to happen (Querry is excited for kombucha, too).

How do you flavor it, too?

ALSO I CAN JUST GOOGLE THIS IF YOU'D LIKE, but you're like right here.

Yes, bottling is necessary. I've never gotten consistent carbonation, but I never applied rigorous testing with metrics for specific gravity, temperature, volume / max volume, etc especially since flavoring makes that all complicated (fruit sugars being released into the solution over time, for instance).

Flavoring is dead easy - wash some fruit and add it to the booch. Do some reading here, if only for suggested combinations, but nothing absorbs flavor and color as well as kombucha does.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    My brother makes his own mead, and even has his own bee hive to make the honey.

This is in a residential area, so I'm assuming the neigbours love the swarm of bees.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Mei as a furry beaver, or Mei with a furry beaver

Have you seen the Underwatch photoshoot

There is a condensed 3-minute video and I laughed nearly the whole time

don't kinkshame

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Ok "TL DR" actual, non dumb question:

I have a jar holding the pre-kombucha now, but the level is really high - it's only probably a half centimeter below the actual paper towels I've got rubber banded on the top.

Is either the SCOBY itself or bubbles and whatnot going to eventually hit that? Should I pour some out?

Nah, you should be good Shivahn

Cool, thanks. In wine I'd be fuckkked

Yeah, booch doesn't have nearly the activity that proper alcohol does when fermenting.

It just gets a progressively more gross skin on top until it's ready to drink. I don't know that I've ever seen bubbles without having bottled it.

Hmm. You have to bottle it to get a bit of fizz, yeah?

I want to learn this magic. Without exploding things.

But yeah I am trying to create the skin so I can do more, so excited for that to happen (Querry is excited for kombucha, too).

How do you flavor it, too?

ALSO I CAN JUST GOOGLE THIS IF YOU'D LIKE, but you're like right here.

Yes, bottling is necessary. I've never gotten consistent carbonation, but I never applied rigorous testing with metrics for specific gravity, temperature, volume / max volume, etc especially since flavoring makes that all complicated (fruit sugars being released into the solution over time, for instance).

Flavoring is dead easy - wash some fruit and add it to the booch. Do some reading here, if only for suggested combinations, but nothing absorbs flavor and color as well as kombucha does.

Cool! That is super helpful. So, basically, it's like wine then.

I'm worried about bottles exploding is one of the reasons I'm hesitant. Maybe that's more of an issue with wine, but it's still a bit... troubling.

• Options

This is in a residential area, so I'm assuming the neigbours love the swarm of bees.

This sounds rad.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

This sounds rad.

Sounds like a good way to get murdered by bees.

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular

Actually i bet the neighbors who garden love that there are always bees around.

This reminds me of a story about bees.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    On Thursday, a friend of mine expects to win full custody of his daughter. He's already been cleared to discontinue child support, and it's likely that his ex will be restricted from seeing the kid at all without supervision, pending the completion of addiction and mental health treatment.

He's still convinced that the system is rigged against fathers.

well... it's honestly not weird to think that even because you as a father manage to win custody eventually?

It would be weird to think that even if he lost, because it's not supported by the data.

"Feminism doesn't talk about men's issues, like family court always siding with the mother!"
    -no such biased result exists
    -where women win more custody cases, it's because men don't fight for custody
    -where biases exist in the courts, feminism addresses them (toxic masculinity, women being viewed as caregivers, etc)

the second argument is extremely reminiscent of arguments about why women don't get ahead in the workplace - because they don't try as much. It doesn't sound good.

The last part seems... kind of weird. I mean, to put it bluntly, who gives a shit if feminism addresses the biases? (that... don't exist? or exist?) I mean you said he thinks the system is rigged against fathers, which really has nothing to do with what feminist positions on the subject are

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    He's one of those people that tends to go 100% into his hobbies, so who knows what his setup looks like now.

Probably just bottles and bees.

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular

This sounds rad.

3Zq0Tb6.jpg

This is the future liberals want.

• Options
    Six wrote: »

Actually i bet the neighbors who garden love that there are always bees around.

This reminds me of a story about bees.

Which would be everybody.

It's one of these cliche British suburbs, with cottages and flowers everywhere.

Absolutely disgusting.

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    porpporp Registered User regular
    @tyrannus Memo and Wendell were the ppl recommended to me.

• Options
    MsAnthropyMsAnthropy The Lady of Pain Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm The City of FlowersRegistered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »

This sounds rad.

3Zq0Tb6.jpg

This is the future liberals want.

Wish I could do make-up that well. *sigh*

Luscious Sounds Spotify Playlist

"The only real politics I knew was that if a guy liked Hitler, I’d beat the stuffing out of him and that would be it." -- Jack Kirby
  • Options

This sounds rad.

Sounds like a good way to get murdered by bees.

This sounds rad.

• Options
    On Thursday, a friend of mine expects to win full custody of his daughter. He's already been cleared to discontinue child support, and it's likely that his ex will be restricted from seeing the kid at all without supervision, pending the completion of addiction and mental health treatment.

well... it's honestly not weird to think that even because you as a father manage to win custody eventually?

It would be weird to think that even if he lost, because it's not supported by the data.

"Feminism doesn't talk about men's issues, like family court always siding with the mother!"
    -where biases exist in the courts, feminism addresses them (toxic masculinity, women being viewed as caregivers, etc)

the second argument is extremely reminiscent of arguments about why women don't get ahead in the workplace - because they don't try as much. It doesn't sound good.

The last part seems... kind of weird. I mean, to put it bluntly, who gives a shit if feminism addresses the biases? (that... don't exist? or exist?) I mean you said he thinks the system is rigged against fathers, which really has nothing to do with what feminist positions on the subject are

It's not "don't fight" as in "don't try," it's "don't fight" as in "don't contest women's arguments and cede custody rather than legally objecting."

• Options
    also when you say "the data" do you mean more than that one huffpo article you pulled those quotes from? :P

anyway who cares. It's not weird to feel court is against you like in general. Few people conclude lengthy legal proceedings and think "well that was a breeze"

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    man tattoos are awesome

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I got a call from my parents for my birthday.

Had a nice long chat with my mother, who I haven't talked to in a couple months because I'm an idiot.

She wasn't mad or passive-aggressive or anything, so that's a massive load off my mind.

Probably the best birthday gift I could have gotten.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Oh my god i put brackets around "chat" what the fuck have i become

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    man tattoos are awesome

It's been almost 20 years since my last one but I think I might start looking for an artist and do something big and cool.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited March 2017

If it's bees that's one thing. If it were wasps I would literally light his shed on fire.

Fuck wasps

zepherin on
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    I had a thrumbo self tame

What do I do with you now, magical horse beast

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    we accept him we accept him

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    http://www.chaoticblue.com/blog/2017/03/dick-joke/

this is a Good Thinkpiece on dicks in vidja

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

Welcome, [friend]

• Options
    NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    Dude. I. Am. Hype. A. F. I just got my letter of acceptance to the Bush School of Government and Public Service.

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    edited March 2017

iirc when the cases are contested there may exist a slight bias towards awarding women custody? But both that and the large disparity between men and women seeking custody very much are relevant to feminists because they stem from societal gender roles and the expectations that arise from them.

Surfpossum on
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Alt post: (((friend)))

• Options
    man tattoos are awesome
    Do you have a sweet tattoo of a shark?

• Options
    NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    I don't think I will be able to sleep tonight now.

• Options

It's not "don't fight" as in "don't try," it's "don't fight" as in "don't contest women's arguments and cede custody rather than legally objecting."

that was what I meant by don't try

don't try as in do not make an attempt

I'm saying that I don't like the sound of that argument because it's... well, incomplete

to explain what I mean by what it reminds me of:

women in leadership roles, and the gender imbalances there. Some say that the gender imbalance happens (in part) because women do not go for the leadership roles to the degree that men do.

which is true

but you can't stop there and go "well that's all good then" because no of course it isn't. Why does that happen? That's obviously what we need to be looking at.

that was what I meant by "I don't like the sound of that argument"

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    zepherin wrote: »
    man tattoos are awesome

a shark or a T-rex I think to cover the shitty scars on my arm

it'd have be a shoulder / half sleeve thing

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Tuesday night League numbers super low tonight. 6 people are playing a twisted treeline game but we still want to get to 10...any interest in playing in ~30 minutes or so? ~9.45 maybe, whenever their game is done.

@LoserForHireX @skippydumptruck @Tcheldor @Sir Landshark

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    zepherin wrote: »
    man tattoos are awesome

a shark or a T-rex I think to cover the shitty scars on my arm

it'd have be a shoulder / half sleeve thing
    I'll upgrade that agree to an awesome when you get the ink.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    @simonwolf I linked something specially for you on your twitter.

• Options
    Surfpossum wrote: »

iirc when the cases are contested there may exist a slight bias towards awarding women custody? But both that and the large disparity between men and women seeking custody very much are relevant to feminists because they stern from societal gender roles and the expectations that arise from them.

okay switch my post with this way to phrase it, which is concise and readable

except insert "they may stem from societal" because I am not stating any opinion as to what the facts of the matter are

ftOqU21.png
This discussion has been closed.