As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Borderlands] Sorry, your Vault is on another planet...

• Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    So how many sirens we got now?

Feels like they're going to have to end up retconning Jack's spiel about there only being a handful alive at a time.

It didn’t start with jack at least I don’t think so , I’m fairly sure it was mentioned in promotional material for the first game or in an audiolog in the game proper .

Official list is :

Lilith
    Maya
    Amarra
    Female calypso twin
    Little girl with maya (who may be the one mentioned from the presequel but the presequel was lamer then hot sauce that has no heat and that taste like water so hopefully its something different)

Former (dead)

Steele
    Angel ( people speculate she was fake so this may be an “out” for the six at one time )

Edit - did some research apparently it was jack. Could have sworn it was known before him.

People think that Angel was a fake siren? That basically goes against every bit of evidence and exposition that we have. It's like the flat-earth theory of the Borderlands universe.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Tyreen is pretty funny.

Her brother seems kind of lame but he'll probably get killed off halfway through the story or something anyway.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I’m happy about the changes to money and erridium. My last bl2 play through I only ended up buying two or three things from any of the vendors. So money felt utterly pointless except for buying ammo.

yossarian_lives on
    "I see everything twice!"

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    I’m happy about the changes to money and erridium. My last bl2 play through I only ended up buying two or three things from any of the vendors. So money felt utterly pointless except for buying ammo.

Money felt that way because that's exactly what it was.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »

Money felt that way because that's exactly what it was.

Yeah and locking fucking nessecary upgrades to eridium meant grinding certain bosses forever

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    They brought back the butt slam feature but not cryo and lasers.

Smh, Gearbox.

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    WTF! Cryo is back! I plant to make a Brainfreeze build with Zane.

Lasers are in too. Check Maliwan's Quasars.

And we got some plasma + flamethrower contraptions. In one of the videos I posted FL4K was featured with a CoV Plasma hose.

Torgue and Vladof got legendary blaster rifles.

EDIT: Are you talking about Lilith's dlc? They weren't gonna rebuild the game with such features.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    They brought back the butt slam feature but not cryo and lasers.

Smh, Gearbox.

I swear I've seen cryo on some of the skill trees.

Moze, I think?

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Zane's green tree has Cryo skills!

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Oh shit.

Nice then. Every time I search for lasers in BL3, I find nothing.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    We've definitely seen cryo gun/grenade effects in some of the preview trailers.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    It is even featured in the latest trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1gY6cKC37M

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    One of the nice things about a game that’s not some dedicated multiplayer games as a service garbage is that the developers are allowed to leave in such hilariously fun stuff as cryo and lasers. Or cryo lasers. Or EXPLOSIONS lasers.

Seriously devs, make things fun and I’ll pony up for DLC or whatever else you need to keep the coke and hookers rolling in.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Would be nice if we see lasers start popping up in areas off-world where Markus doesn’t hold a de-facto monopoly on weapon distribution. I assume he’s still mad and hates them for a stupid reason.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    daveNYC wrote: »
    One of the nice things about a game that’s not some dedicated multiplayer games as a service garbage is that the developers are allowed to leave in such hilariously fun stuff as cryo and lasers. Or cryo lasers. Or EXPLOSIONS lasers.

Seriously devs, make things fun and I’ll pony up for DLC or whatever else you need to keep the coke and hookers rolling in.

To be fair I think this an inherent benefit to a game that doesn't have any actual PvP. A lot of "hilarous fun stuff" is way less so when you're on the receiving end which isn't a problem for PvE games.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    daveNYC wrote: »

To be fair I think this an inherent benefit to a game that doesn't have any actual PvP. A lot of "hilarous fun stuff" is way less so when you're on the receiving end which isn't a problem for PvE games.

Yeah, I'm not happy with the big push for PvP that is happening in the industry and glad to see some are resisting the urge to get in on that because there are a ton of things that are fucking amazing fun to play, but suck ass to play against. Consequently, I think a ton of these games end up toning down the fun factor and looking & feeling very samey or end up being a fucking disaster on the balance scale.

I haven't gotten to far into BL2 or touched the presequel, but I don't recall that many cases in this game where you get stuck with unfun mechanic to play against. The only three I can think of are rocket launcher wielding bruisers, vehicle fights (still going off of BL1 & that's more a case of vehicles driving like potatoes) & the circle of death stuff (I think the main issue is that the play often gets stuck in situations where there really isn't cover & these tend to be designed to punish the typical playstyles). Fortunately, those scenarios are a very small, small part of the game. I think I spent 90% of my playtimes running & gunning things down or snipping.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Would be nice if we see lasers start popping up in areas off-world where Markus doesn’t hold a de-facto monopoly on weapon distribution. I assume he’s still mad and hates them for a stupid reason.
    It was Torgue that was preventing lasers from reaching Pandora, not Marcus.

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    So apparently they explained Guardian ranks a bit
    Its the badass rank boosts from 2 but they are now arranged as 3 skill trees you unlock post game. They use points you get as you gain more guardian ranks.

One of the stats you can enhance is luck

King Riptor on
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    So apparently they explained Guardian ranks a bit
    Its the harass rank stay boosts but they are now arranged as 3 skill trees you unlock post game. They use pointa youngwt as ylungwt more guardian ranks.

One of the stats you can enhance is luck

English please , I don’t speak Cthulhu.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Fixed it. My phone likes to autocorrect to typos I've made and it won't turn off no matter what I do

King Riptor on
  • Options
    Fixed it. My phone likes to autocorrect to typos I've made and it won't turn off no matter what I do

It happens to me all the time , was just having some fun at your expense .

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Weird question but is it considered alright to download a save and use it ingame? Don't know if thats considered cheating or whatever.

Hadn't considered that option but my previous saves were erased somehow and I really want to play through the DLC of Presequel but I don't want to run through the entire game again and risk burning myself out this close to BL3.

I don't want to give myself crazy weapons or anything, just want to find a random lv30 save file that works.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    Weird question but is it considered alright to download a save and use it ingame? Don't know if thats considered cheating or whatever.

Hadn't considered that option but my previous saves were erased somehow and I really want to play through the DLC of Presequel but I don't want to run through the entire game again and risk burning myself out this close to BL3.

I don't want to give myself crazy weapons or anything, just want to find a random lv30 save file that works.

People do it all the time on pc.

• Options

Awesome.

That saves me a lot of trouble.

• Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular

Awesome.

If you have the latest DLC, you can just create characters at level 30 to begin with.

• Options
    edited August 2019

Awesome.

If you have the latest DLC, you can just create characters at level 30 to begin with.
    Thats only in BL2 though, right?

I know theres that option there and I'll use it but I don't remember getting that choice when starting Presequel recently.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Yeah, that's only BL2, because it got new a new DLC story. TPS didn't get it because no one likes it there's nothing new that's been added.

According to Steam, I crossed the 1000 hours played line in BL2 this past weekend. I don't know how I feel about that.

sig.gif
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/eKNALWcL8tc

New endgame arena type deal. Seems like its replacing the peak and you'll know what enemy types you're facing ahead of time so ypu can plan ahead for a run

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Man, I had forgotten how much I love corrosive weapons in BL1.

The element of choice for true sociopaths.

*listens to Crimson Lance screaming in terror as they melt*

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    Man, I had forgotten how much I love corrosive weapons in BL1.

The element of choice for true sociopaths.

*listens to Crimson Lance screaming in terror as they melt*

It's also fun to listen to the Hyperion Robots panic from it.

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Solid marketing

xtjv7zudn2nn.jpg

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    I've wanted a pet skag since Borderlands 1.

Kids, fight for your dreams and your dreams will fight for you.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    -5/10 if Fl4k can’t name their pets.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Hard agree on that tho.

Let players change it at a new u station or when first starting as Fl4k.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    I really want to name my Scag Dr Teeth and give him a top hat

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Mr. Chew?

More like Professor Spaghetti.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular

I believe that you can change the name of the three pets (Jabber, Skag and Spiderant) at a customization station. I saw a VoD of a Stream that Bahroo did playing FL4K and he changed the Skag's name.

• Options
    Zomro wrote: »

I believe that you can change the name of the three pets (Jabber, Skag and Spiderant) at a customization station. I saw a VoD of a Stream that Bahroo did playing FL4K and he changed the Skag's name.
    Yessss.

• Options
    Minor spoilers Max level Amara
    https://youtu.be/b8FixYu6M8k

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Finished my borderlands 1 playthrough. I think Knoxx barely edges out Zombie Island and that's simply because the devs didn't include fast travel in Knoxx, so the driving part really brings it down. Claptrap's expansion would have been better if most of the bosses weren't recycled and three of them essentially being used twice, all of which are the recycled bosses. Also Sander's Gorge is a freaking awful map and some of that comes down to the choice of lighting, which can make the tiniest bit of glare fuck awful, while be a map that is hard to navigate. Captrap does have some decent platforming stuff and doesn't hesitate to shower you with loot.

Now, to go through BL2 as the mechromancer. Already decided anarchy isn't for me, granted a fresh character is probably too soon to start it, but I can already tell it's not going to mesh with how I like to play. Guess I do a good deathtrap build. As far as I can tell, I've got all the major expansions, looks like I'm just missing the holiday stuff, but at this point not worth getting (even if it looks like I'd only be out 8 dollars getting the bundle that might get me everything I don't have). Probably just better off waiting until steam has BL3 on sale in a bundle that gets me everything I don't have super cheap, if I decide I really want it. Even then, the BL2 and presequel DLCs that I don't have, would probably have be super duper cheap, since I won't play that stuff very much.

This discussion has been closed.