Options

Animated Short [Chat]

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I bloodborned and beat the first boss and then I found the second boss and then I died in five seconds

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    So yeah scuba is cool

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    I bloodborned and beat the first boss and then I found the second boss and then I died in five seconds

Die enough times and maybe the boss will slip and fall on one of your blood stains for massive damage.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The second boss in Bloodborne is probably one of the hardest ones.

I'd rank him fourth hardest.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Dark Knight is probably the greatest comic book movie of all time
    That's a funny way to spell Winter Soldier.

i did not see that one

i suspect i would not agree as i generally dislike ca
    What don't you like about CA?

I should say, on the whole, I like the Marvel universe way more than DC. I like TDK, and BB. Can't decide which I like more between the two.

i've just never cared for the character (super soldier to fight the nazis)

i also like dc more (though dark horse and image are actually my favorite publishers)

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I hated CA until the MCU version did its thing.

I loved how they prodded at the idea of him existing in the first film with the war bonds shows. Good stuff.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Omw to Merciless in POE.

My builds don't often get to merciless.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

I loved how they prodded at the idea of him existing in the first film with the war bonds shows. Good stuff.

is it based on the brubaker/lark arc of the same name? i read that and thought it was okay, but i wasn't suddenly a ca fan

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    oh god i looked at those pictures of the abominations produced by mlb 2017 the show and i think it punctured a hole in my soul please help

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular

When they announced the lineup of phase 1 movies, I was the least excited about Captain America. Then I saw it and realized how wrong I was. From the comics I was pretty meh about him. No dislike, just didn't care one way or the other. As the movies have come along, he's actually worked his way into being one of my favorites, but I have no idea how much deviation there is from his comics personality.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    My favourite comic book movie is watchmen for all its flaws

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i watched logan
    i rate "this guy also made the wolverine???" / 10

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited March 2017
    SUPERHERO MOVIES, a ranked list by Jacobkosh, age 3X
    1. Captain America: Civil War
    2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    3. The Dark Knight
    4. Unbreakable
    5. The Avengers
    6. Batman (1989)
    7. The Incredibles
    8. Batman Begins
    9. Logan
    10. Iron Man
    11. Guardians of the Galaxy
    12. Superman (1978)
    13. Spider-Man 2
    14. Avengers: Age of Ultron
    15. X2: X-Men United
    16. The Rocketeer
    17. The Dark Knight Rises
    18. Spider-Man
    19. Batman (1966)
    20. Deadpool
    21. Thor 2
    22. The Amazing Spider-Man
    23. Ant-Man
    24. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
    25. Captain America: The First Avenger
    26. The Shadow
    27. X-Men: First Class
    28. Dr. Strange
    29. X-Men
    30. Mystery Men
    31. Blade
    32. The Wolverine
    33. Superman II
    34. Batman Returns
    35. The Incredible Hulk
    36. Hulk
    37. The Mask
    38. Iron Man 3
    39. The Phantom
    40. Blade 2
    41. X-Men Apocalypse
    42. Superman Returns
    43. Iron Man 2
    44. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
    45. The Amazing Spider-Man 2
    46. Batman Forever
    47. Superman III
    48. Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
    49. Meteor Man
    50. Spider-Man 3
    51. Batman & Robin
    52. Man of Steel
    53. Ghost Rider
    54. Blankman
    55. X3: The Last Stand
    56. ...
    57. ...
    58. X-Men Origins: Wolverine
    59. ...
    60. Suicide Squad

NOT PICTURED: Ghost Rider 2, Jonah Hex, The Punisher (1989), The Punisher (2004), Punisher War Zone, Blade 3, Fantastic Four (2005), Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, Fantastic Four (2015), Chronicle, Big Hero 6

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I watched the movie and then bought the graphic novel

Which like all filmatizations of novels graphic or otherwise is the best order and I'm always pleased when it turns out like that

Movies are short. Very short. They will always cut and shuffle plot around. Book to movie, you go from more to less.

Movie to book though. Did you like that movie? Well here is something like that but loads more of it.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    My favorite comic book movie is star wars

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

chu have just been watching these videos for an hour now I'm hungry f a k

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    Note: I haven't watched road to perdition I don't know if that is a great comic book movie or not

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    My favorite comic book movie is Pacific Rim

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Thor 2 over ant man I'll kill you

sig.gif
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Jacob maximum respect for putting The Shadow so high

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Note: I haven't watched road to perdition I don't know if that is a great comic book movie or not

It's p great

Good score

sig.gif
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Captain America: Civil War anywhere other than just above suicide squad... pls..

or at least, like, slightly below Ultron

Blameless Cleric on
    Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Which was that hulk movie that was super strongly coloured and used comic book panels and had a very long, pretty odd sequence of hulk in the desert being shot at by artillery?

I saw a bit of the middle of that once and loved the print look they werr going for and that whole weirdly paced sequence was fantastic for having no context

And also being wildly drunk as I was at the time

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I wouldn't rate DC movies against Marvel movies. It's not fair, the Marvel movies are just way better.

• Options
    Which was that hulk movie that was super strongly coloured and used comic book panels and had a very long, pretty odd sequence of hulk in the desert being shot at by artillery?

I saw a bit of the middle of that once and loved the print look they werr going for and that whole weirdly paced sequence was fantastic for having no context

And also being wildly drunk as I was at the time

Hulk

sig.gif
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited March 2017
    Road to Perdition is a cool movie but a bad adaptation of the source material

Like, on its own it's fine. it just sucks that we didn't get (and never will get) something that feels like the book, which was very snappy and pulpy rather than slow-paced and operatic.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    I don't think this metro car was cleaned since yesterday. It's full of empty beer bottles and piss smell

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    I wouldn't rate DC movies against Marvel movies. It's not fair, the Marvel movies are just way better.

Mm. Much like in the comics, I think Marvel's overall average is considerably higher but DC's best stuff hits a different, higher level.

This month's Fantastic Four is much more likely to be good than this month's random Batman comic but Batman has a huge library of classic one-off stories by really great artists whereas Fantastic Four has had only two truly great periods in its history, one in the 1960s and one in the 1980s

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »

Beasts all over the shop...

• Options
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

Like, on its own it's fine. it just sucks that we didn't get (and never will get) something that feels like the book, which was very snappy and pulpy rather than slow-paced and operatic.

Shall we decide, for the purposes of this conversation, that this makes it a bad comic book movie, but good as a movie that happens to be based on a comic book

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    kosh god bless you for sitting on Spider-Man 2 Island with me

kiss me on a giant web made of pre-cum

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Superhero movies I would strongly recommend

1. The Incredibles
    2. The Dark Knight

Superhero movies I would recommend

1. Batman: The Movie

Superhero movies that are considered classics that I liked as a kid but it's been a long time since I've seen them

1. Batman
    2. Superman

Superhero movies with a totally sweet horror massacre chainsaw scene that comes outta nowhere

1. Spider-Man 2

• Options
    Oh 300 I liked

It is great to fall asleep to. My only complaint honestly was that they didn't have the balls to include no "meanwhile, back in Sparta where talking happens" bits at all

If they had made 300 just pure it would have been amazing (in a way that would be a hard sell to most afficionados)

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I also genuinely enjoyed The Spirit even though, well.

I don't know where to even start with the even thoughs for that one. Most related to the topic is maybe, frank miller adaption of something toooootally not frank miller.

But fuck it it charmed me despite itself

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Man today's weather is shit here

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    SUPERHERO MOVIES, a ranked list by Jacobkosh, age 3X
    1. Captain America: Civil War
    2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    3. The Dark Knight
    4. The Avengers
    5. Batman (1989)
    6. Batman Begins
    7. Logan
    8. Iron Man
    9. Guardians of the Galaxy
    10. Superman (1978)
    11. Spider-Man 2
    12. Avengers: Age of Ultron
    13. X2: X-Men United
    14. The Rocketeer
    15. The Dark Knight Rises
    16. Spider-Man
    17. Batman (1966)
    18. Deadpool
    19. Thor 2
    20. The Amazing Spider-Man
    21. Ant-Man
    22. Captain America: The First Avenger
    23. The Shadow
    24. X-Men: First Class
    25. Dr. Strange
    26. X-Men
    27. Mystery Men
    28. Blade
    29. The Wolverine
    30. Superman II
    31. Batman Returns
    32. The Incredible Hulk
    33. Hulk
    34. The Mask
    35. Iron Man 3
    36. The Phantom
    37. Blade 2
    38. X-Men Apocalypse
    39. Superman Returns
    40. Iron Man 2
    41. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
    42. The Amazing Spider-Man 2
    43. Batman Forever
    44. Superman III
    45. Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
    46. Meteor Man
    47. Spider-Man 3
    48. Batman & Robin
    49. Man of Steel
    50. Ghost Rider
    51. Blankman
    52. X3: The Last Stand
    53. ...
    54. ...
    55. X-Men Origins: Wolverine
    56. ...
    57. Suicide Squad

NOT PICTURED: Ghost Rider 2, Jonah Hex, The Punisher (1989), The Punisher (2004), Punisher War Zone, Blade 3, Fantastic Four (2005), Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, Fantastic Four (2015), Chronicle

Where's Mask of the Phantasm

• Options

Shall we decide, for the purposes of this conversation, that this makes it a bad comic book movie, but good as a movie that happens to be based on a comic book

comic book really has nothing to do with it. it's just an adaptation that takes a lot of liberties in tone and style and the liberties aren't the sort that are necessary to make the story work as a movie - obviously the book is longer and more in-depth, as books always are, but it's a bit like turning a lighthearted comedy into a grim war film or something

the movie as it stands is very good and if slow and operatic is the only way sam mendes could direct it (evidence based on his filmography suggests y) then that's fine but making it as a sort of michael mann gritty period thriller would have been a valid choice too

• Options
    The toby mcguire spidermans could have been the next citizen kanes for all it mattered to me. I just can't get over not being able to accept toby mcguire.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Went to grab a Lindsay Ellis video to make a point and it seems all but her oldest and youngest videos have been made private. Can't see why. :/

• Options

comic book really has nothing to do with it. it's just an adaptation that takes a lot of liberties in tone and style and the liberties aren't the sort that are necessary to make the story work as a movie - obviously the book is longer and more in-depth, as books always are, but it's a bit like turning a lighthearted comedy into a grim war film or something

the movie as it stands is very good and if slow and operatic is the only way sam mendes could direct it (evidence based on his filmography suggests y) then that's fine but making it as a sort of michael mann gritty period thriller would have been a valid choice too

yeah what I meant was "Comic Book Movie" meaning a movie made from a comic book and seen in relation to and there it seems it did a very bad job

or in other words, if I watched the movie then wanted to check out the comic I might easily have hated the comic (or vice versa) since it was something pretty different.

although there is something to be said for genre shifts I guess. But what I meant by "Good Comic Book Movie" vs "Good Movie that happens to be sourced from a comic book" was basically, faithful adaptions vs not

ftOqU21.png
This discussion has been closed.